Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#484111 Feb 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words.....
This is real love - not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
1 John 4:10
K-Love
substitutional atonement, the epitome of immorality.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#484112 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
My question is, in case it wasn't clear to you: Do you believe all homosexuality is wrong, or just male homosexuality?
Catcher, do you believe prayer works?

A simple question, yes or no will do..........

Location hidden

#484113 Feb 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing for me is that no matter what doctrines, laws and interpretations men come up with, only God knows Jeffrey Dahmer's heart and whether he truly repented or not. He was a Sociopath so to me, it would be a true miracle if he actually felt anything as deep as regret. Many killers become 'Born Again Christians', for real? For sympathy? For fame? To defame Christians? Only God knows Teddy. I'm not interested in Doctrine, dogma, religion, factions, law etc... But I feel, trust and love God. I accept that there is a lot I don't and can't know.
<3
a rather dishonest answer, and if it is honest, then one of desperate ignorance.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#484114 Feb 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I see someone who is passionate and defensive of his beliefs and people seem to like prodding him into his reactions.
So Skombolis' reactions are other people's faults? He has no choice in the matter?

Here's that accountability stuff again. My version is different than what I see here. Skombolis is accountable for his choices, as when he chose to sling sewage at me because he didn't like some of my opinions. In my opinion, you're excusing his choice to indulge himself, and I'm holding him accountable.

#484115 Feb 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
what an egotistical bitch
pray for yourself
What a dumbphuk.........

Seek help..........

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#484116 Feb 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher, do you believe prayer works?
A simple question, yes or no will do..........
No, I do not believe prayer works, in the sense that you will get what you pray for.

It may work, in the sense that it brings you comfort.

#484117 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do not believe prayer works, in the sense that you will get what you pray for.
It may work, in the sense that it brings you comfort.
What if the person praying believes prayer works? And maintains a positive attitude towards the prayer.

In other words what if the person praying believes with all their heart the prayer will work. Is it more likely to happen or still just a waste of time..........

Location hidden

#484118 Feb 4, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>They BELIEVE the provable right? I believe you have said so yourself on another thread.
If you cannot provide the quote you are lying.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Science does not prove atheism...
Each “believer” has his own god and his own belief and defines “atheist” in those terms. If you are a “christian” then it is unlikely that “I”“believe” in your god. If for you that is “atheism” than you may call me an atheist, I won’t mind; I am however a Rational Skeptic, regardless what you call me.

Athiesm is not “a belief”
Atheism is not “belief”

Atheism is rejection of your belief. Atheism is confirmed by your failure to provide substantive evidence for the gods you advance.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists just use the very small part of science, Evolution, in attempts to justify their own beliefs in atheism.
Atheism is NOT belief, it is rejection of unsubstantiated belief.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than the evolution theory (which is yet to be proven)
Evolution is proven, the theory of explanation is ToE. Your ignorance is a very poor and dishonest substitute for knowledge.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
, science and atheism are 2 very different things.
Religion and honesty are 2 very different things
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Science as a whole is neutral. Now I do think that Atheists and other "neutral" scientists (who are neither atheist or creationist) help to keep science neutral. Otherwise you might have young-earth creationists who would insist that the earth is only 6000 years old.
But evolution, that small part of the whole, is a theory that is simply wrong. But if you want to go there with science, then prove that God does not exist using the scientific method
The god you imagine is a projection of your psyche, you are deluded, you will not realize your insanity until you are cured of your delusion.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
and we can have further discussions on the matter, or NOT!
Suit-your-self, but I would not call this a discussion. You merely fling your dogma and ignorance like you would a weapon made of feces.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile
I am laughing at your beliefs too,
Very good, funny;
Thanks for sharing

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#484119 Feb 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the person praying believes prayer works? And maintains a positive attitude towards the prayer.
In other words what if the person praying believes with all their heart the prayer will work. Is it more likely to happen or still just a waste of time..........
As I said, I do not believe prayer has any effect on anything except on the mind of the person praying.

I repeat here a little story:

A kid wanted a bicycle.
I mean he really, really, wanted one.
But his parents couldn't afford one.
So the kid prayed for a bicycle.
And he prayed. And he prayed.
But no matter how hard he prayed, no bicycle.

So the kid gave up praying.
And he stole a bicycle.

Then he prayed for forgiveness.

I guess in some sense prayer worked.

Or not?

Fennario

#484120 Feb 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
My mother collected S&H stamps and Top Value ones. It is how she got us Christmas every year. If they didn't have it at the redemption center...we didn't get it. There were times we got some strange gifts! Our dish towels and "crystal" came from the flour and the oatmeal. Dang I wish they would still do that.

Have you noticed...Cracker Jacks no longer puts good stuff in their boxes...just junk?
I haven't had Cracker Jacks in a while, bit when I did, yes, the prize was junk, and the product stale. The gourmet versions are much better.

Location hidden

#484121 Feb 4, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Who are Atheists?
The truth is, every man has been given a measure of faith. Where they "choose" to put that faith is ultimately up to them. Faith can be strengthened in whatever area they choose which means they will have doubts in other areas. That is why people find worth or value in something ---> (worth+ship = worship)...
Obviously you worship, I mean, find your worth in atheism or agnosticism.
Christianity is a failed moral system.

I fully reject the morals of "christian belief"

The question you need ask, yourself, is: are you an asset to your community and culture, or are you a liability.

the christian belief set is a liability, how do you fare?

Fennario

#484122 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
"These things I believe, I believe with all my heart. However when met with overwhelming evidence to the contrary I will abandon those beliefs in an instant."
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." - Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#484123 Feb 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Actually, I believe that my opinion of mankind is much higher than the average Christian's. Mankind's failure and dependency are foundational Christian principles.
<quoted text>
I have no idea why you posted that.
<quoted text>
Or else the opposite is true. There is no god, and for some reason, you think otherwise.
Here's a question I posed last week that nobody was interested in fielding. I'll ask you again now, since it is germane again:
"It sounds like you might be seeing god in everything the way somebody wearing blue shades sees blue in everything. And you're not alone. Millions or billions of people see the same thing you do. But millions or billions of us just scratch our heads and wonder why you see a god in what we see as godless. How can we decide who is seeing reality and who isn't?" http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
I believe that this question can be answered. Would you or anybody else like to try?
"For those who know GOD, no explanation is necessary ~ for those who do not know GOD, no explanation is possible."

Not sure where those words came from, but they make heaps of sense to me.

GOD is within each of us, and I have no idea why some cannot feel HIM!

Location hidden

#484124 Feb 4, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl, just to save time I think I get it already... you hate Christianity (now perhaps... and I'm stretching it...you love the people?). As you already know, I profess to be a Christian, I profess Christian dogma... sobeit, I understand that you oppose that. If I do not respond to any of your future posts it is simply so you could marinate in your own views.
1. <quoted text>
2. <quoted text>
3. <quoted text>
4. <quoted text>
5. <quoted text>
6. <quoted text>
4. <quoted text>
5. <quoted text>
6. <quoted text>
4. <quoted text>
5. <quoted text>
6. <quoted text>
thanks for the collection of quotes

I feel loved

I really appreciate the effort on my behalf.

Location hidden

#484125 Feb 4, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
He chooses too- His mercy and grace also provide truths to the non believer that they do not like. He does not lie- and honors His biblical promises.
and --- of course ---

you speak for god

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#484126 Feb 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...er...uh...?
Thank you Trifecta1?
Andrew (CS).
I couldn't help but laugh at that one.

#484127 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, I do not believe prayer has any effect on anything except on the mind of the person praying.
I repeat here a little story:
A kid wanted a bicycle.
I mean he really, really, wanted one.
But his parents couldn't afford one.
So the kid prayed for a bicycle.
And he prayed. And he prayed.
But no matter how hard he prayed, no bicycle.
So the kid gave up praying.
And he stole a bicycle.
Then he prayed for forgiveness.
I guess in some sense prayer worked.
Or not?
It just seems very disingenuous of you to say That 'your attitude is very powerful' and that' positive energy works' and then say prayer doesn't work..........

Location hidden

#484128 Feb 4, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>It's like jungle out there....As far as I'm concerned,being on the internet without Norton 360 is like being in enemy territory with nothing but a waterpistol.
I think you have made a poor choice

I hope you are getting paid for the endorsement,(and poor advice)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484129 Feb 4, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>so your refuting what the gospel says?
mat 19
7 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
luke 18:
19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
you believe jesus was the ABSOLUTE? the embodiment of all there was, is, will ever be?
you also believe that the LAW makes a difference between jesus and the rest of mankind?
who would follow such a double standard?
I don't know what you think I refuting. Yes I believe Jesus was the embodiment of all things immortal and good, and that is God. Yes there is a difference between Jesus and the Law. Jesus came and fulfilled most of the law. the animal sacrifices temple and dietary laws and so forth.

So I no know what double standard you talking about.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484130 Feb 4, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>but jesus isn't the only offspring of the ONE
sons of god:
adam
melchizedek
jesus
and
Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
if the ABSOLUTE is omnipresent = ever present; then why does jesus have to return? is your god not here NOW?
Good talk writer.

Jesus is here now, but only in Spirit. Many Jesus followers experience Jesus daily in a spiritual context. But when Jesus talk about returning Jesus talking about judgment, where everyone will be able to physically see him, and when he come for his bride which is the new testament church.

And you right about adam and melchizedek. That melchizedek thing is some real deep study. But only Jesus died and rose. Only Jesus was a sacrifice. Only through the spilled blood of Jesus Christ can people now face Yahweh God and no have judgment on they head.

So in thousands of different ways really Jesus is different from Adam and Melchizedek. But they both offsprings of the One true God, that true thing and that some good observations on your part.

Now I no know if you want to go so far to compare Christians with offsprings such as melchizedek and adam. But I see what the verse mean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min califor-nessean 55,863
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Regina 649,747
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr stockton CA 281,470
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 2 hr HE LIVES 70,224
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr andet1987 2,284
Rotherham sheff doncaster sex 3 hr Hussain 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr Halle Berry Sister 3,728
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 19 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) Fri Hangman 972,378
More from around the web