Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#484123 Feb 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Actually, I believe that my opinion of mankind is much higher than the average Christian's. Mankind's failure and dependency are foundational Christian principles.
<quoted text>
I have no idea why you posted that.
<quoted text>
Or else the opposite is true. There is no god, and for some reason, you think otherwise.
Here's a question I posed last week that nobody was interested in fielding. I'll ask you again now, since it is germane again:
"It sounds like you might be seeing god in everything the way somebody wearing blue shades sees blue in everything. And you're not alone. Millions or billions of people see the same thing you do. But millions or billions of us just scratch our heads and wonder why you see a god in what we see as godless. How can we decide who is seeing reality and who isn't?" http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
I believe that this question can be answered. Would you or anybody else like to try?
"For those who know GOD, no explanation is necessary ~ for those who do not know GOD, no explanation is possible."

Not sure where those words came from, but they make heaps of sense to me.

GOD is within each of us, and I have no idea why some cannot feel HIM!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#484124 Feb 4, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl, just to save time I think I get it already... you hate Christianity (now perhaps... and I'm stretching it...you love the people?). As you already know, I profess to be a Christian, I profess Christian dogma... sobeit, I understand that you oppose that. If I do not respond to any of your future posts it is simply so you could marinate in your own views.
1. <quoted text>
2. <quoted text>
3. <quoted text>
4. <quoted text>
5. <quoted text>
6. <quoted text>
4. <quoted text>
5. <quoted text>
6. <quoted text>
4. <quoted text>
5. <quoted text>
6. <quoted text>
thanks for the collection of quotes

I feel loved

I really appreciate the effort on my behalf.

Location hidden

#484125 Feb 4, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
He chooses too- His mercy and grace also provide truths to the non believer that they do not like. He does not lie- and honors His biblical promises.
and --- of course ---

you speak for god

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#484126 Feb 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...er...uh...?
Thank you Trifecta1?
Andrew (CS).
I couldn't help but laugh at that one.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#484127 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, I do not believe prayer has any effect on anything except on the mind of the person praying.
I repeat here a little story:
A kid wanted a bicycle.
I mean he really, really, wanted one.
But his parents couldn't afford one.
So the kid prayed for a bicycle.
And he prayed. And he prayed.
But no matter how hard he prayed, no bicycle.
So the kid gave up praying.
And he stole a bicycle.
Then he prayed for forgiveness.
I guess in some sense prayer worked.
Or not?
It just seems very disingenuous of you to say That 'your attitude is very powerful' and that' positive energy works' and then say prayer doesn't work..........

Location hidden

#484128 Feb 4, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>It's like jungle out there....As far as I'm concerned,being on the internet without Norton 360 is like being in enemy territory with nothing but a waterpistol.
I think you have made a poor choice

I hope you are getting paid for the endorsement,(and poor advice)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484129 Feb 4, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>so your refuting what the gospel says?
mat 19
7 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
luke 18:
19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
you believe jesus was the ABSOLUTE? the embodiment of all there was, is, will ever be?
you also believe that the LAW makes a difference between jesus and the rest of mankind?
who would follow such a double standard?
I don't know what you think I refuting. Yes I believe Jesus was the embodiment of all things immortal and good, and that is God. Yes there is a difference between Jesus and the Law. Jesus came and fulfilled most of the law. the animal sacrifices temple and dietary laws and so forth.

So I no know what double standard you talking about.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484130 Feb 4, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>but jesus isn't the only offspring of the ONE
sons of god:
adam
melchizedek
jesus
and
Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
if the ABSOLUTE is omnipresent = ever present; then why does jesus have to return? is your god not here NOW?
Good talk writer.

Jesus is here now, but only in Spirit. Many Jesus followers experience Jesus daily in a spiritual context. But when Jesus talk about returning Jesus talking about judgment, where everyone will be able to physically see him, and when he come for his bride which is the new testament church.

And you right about adam and melchizedek. That melchizedek thing is some real deep study. But only Jesus died and rose. Only Jesus was a sacrifice. Only through the spilled blood of Jesus Christ can people now face Yahweh God and no have judgment on they head.

So in thousands of different ways really Jesus is different from Adam and Melchizedek. But they both offsprings of the One true God, that true thing and that some good observations on your part.

Now I no know if you want to go so far to compare Christians with offsprings such as melchizedek and adam. But I see what the verse mean.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#484131 Feb 4, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, uh...you just repeated what I posted, except in different words.
Our anointed Savior was good. Indeed, he was perfect. But, he said what he did because it's important that we understand that regardless of how good we are, we should recognize where our goodness derives. Father is good. His law is good. His law produces goodness. And anyone that obeys His law becomes good.
Psalm 135:3
Praise Yahoweh; for Yahoweh is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.
Romans 7:12
Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
1John 3:7
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth [good] is [good], even as he is [good].
NOTE: The original English rendering of 1John 3:7 reads as such: Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

(Romans 9:15-16 NIV) For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

{16} It does NOT, therefore, depend on MANS desire or MANS effort, but on "God's mercy".. Of course BLL wont believe this.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484132 Feb 4, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Anyone's writings can be judged into however the reader chose to interpret them to suit his/her own agenda concerning that person, as several here as said of themselves..........I don't care, and for myself personally I also do not care so much what others chose to believe of me so much as I am only concerned about the Lord a nd Saviour Jesus Christ who knows the thoughts and intents of the heart afar off. So long as my conscience is clear before HIM..........I'm good to go.
Blessings.(C:
Well then I guess that dr reality Jesus follower should tell you your opinions of him, no matter either.

I notice a lot of writers on here, mostly jesus followers always write that they no care what others writers think of them.

My thing is why write it? is a public billboard. You no have to write that you no care, I no think no one on the billboard answer to anyone here. maybe the ones that write it do care what writers think of them here.

Location hidden

#484133 Feb 4, 2013
(Philippians 2:13 NLT) For God is working in you, giving you the "desire" to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him.

We can not walk in obedience by "our own efforts", it is the work of the Holy Spirit in us that gives us the ability and the desire to love and obey.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#484134 Feb 4, 2013
You're emasculating "Skom" - making him appear weak. Here it is in his own words:

Skombolis wrote: "HL and I have never so much as had a cross word and given her "little brother/big brother" relationship with IANS it is clear she is simply running to his defense. I don't think she has considered how weak she is making him look to be that she feels it is necessary."
lil whispers wrote:
I do not feel the need to defend your simple minded opinion. What I said,stands as is as stong today as it will tomorrow.God bless you.
I didn't ask you to defend my opinion.

What's with this passive aggressive "God bless you" right before "your simple minded opinion"? Do you think that any behavior is acceptable with your god so long as it includes a "God bless you" in it?

Don't worry about it though. Nothing you do is wrong if you "repent." Remember, you're not perfect - just forgiven.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484135 Feb 4, 2013
Senecus wrote:
Hey anytime:)
You never saw me use it on the Camping threads ,esp. with Dave and Gary? Used to post it like this ,too:
<quoted text>
to try to solicit a response to the scripture,also,and not just look at my 'commentary' for a few buzz words and then give a "Camping approved" response.
No, no. I've done that before, too. What I meant was when you quoted scripture and you put the actual author's name in the quoted text-field. I don't remember ever doing that before. I liked it.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#484136 Feb 4, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
It just seems very disingenuous of you to say That 'your attitude is very powerful' and that' positive energy works' and then say prayer doesn't work..........
I don't think so.

Your attitude IS very powerful, and positive energy DOES work.

But not in the sense that it can influence things outside your control.

For example, if a high jumper is ready to perform, and she looks at the bar 6' high, and takes a deep breath, and truly believes she can jump over the bar, she has a far better chance than if she says to herself that it's unlikely she can get over the barrier.

In that sense, in the sense that you have influence over your actions by your attitude and positive energy, of course!!

Location hidden

#484137 Feb 4, 2013
Yet now HE (GOD) has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in HIS physical body. "As a result", HE (Jesus) has brought you into HIS own presence, and YOU are "holy and blameless" as you stand before HIM (GOD) "without a single fault".

Thats the Grace of God..

Location hidden

#484139 Feb 4, 2013
Romans 5:17
New International Version (NIV)

17 For if, by the trespass of the one man,(ADAM) death reigned through that one man,
how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of GRACE and of the "GIFT" of "Righteousness" reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#484140 Feb 4, 2013
"It sounds like you might be seeing god in everything the way somebody wearing blue shades sees blue in everything. And you're not alone. Millions or billions of people see the same thing you do. But millions or billions of us just scratch our heads and wonder why you see a god in what we see as godless. How can we decide who is seeing reality and who isn't?"

I believe that this question can be answered. Would you or anybody else like to try?
AnnieJ wrote:
I know that you wanted a response from a Christian perspective...but you did say anybody. I am an anybody! LOL

I believe that people "see" not only what they want to "see" but also what they need to "see" in life around them.

I try to wake up in the mornings with a positive attitude it helps set the tone for my day. One morning however I got up and the first thing that hit me was a negative thought...I couldn't shake it. So I went and sat on the porch to watch it rain...the negative thoughts persisted...until...

Suddenly I noticed the raindrops hitting the surface of a puddle. They formed these perfectly shaped circles that soon dissipated once again leaving a perfectly smooth surface. For me...it was as if I had found my solution to my negative thoughts...they come...ripple the surface...then dissipated back in to calmness.
Yes...the actions of the raindrop interacting with a mud puddle can be explained away through science...yet again for me...that takes away from the lesson that I learned that morning. It would have taken away the mystery of life...the romantic side...the specialness of the moment.

I refer to that moment as "finding God in a mud puddle". Was it God...some higher power...the Great Spirit of the sky. I don't know but for that moment...it was a message...it was what was needed.

Before you say that I am strange...I know that...and I am okay with that.

My own son thinks that I am strange at times...but there was a moment in his life...that for a brief time...that he understood me.
Some need the facts backed by logic...some of us need the mystery.
There are cooks that go strictly by the recipe...some of us just throw in what ever we can find and hope for the best! Some of us even make art out of ant hills. LOL

I am not sure this is the type of answer that you had in mind...it is however my explanation of why and how I "see" sometimes things that others might not "see".
Thanks for that, Annie. No, I don't think you're strange.

Far from washing the mystery from life, understanding science increases my spiritual experience of it. Understanding the physics of rain splashing into a puddle does not make it less beautiful for me.

But no, that wasn't the kind of answer I was looking for. I was looking for a test that a person might conduct to decide if the group that sees something really sees it, or is seeing things. Let me give you a concrete "what if" :

You and the rest of your ten man detail are on maneuvers in an Afghani desert when an explosion kills three of your squad, and leaves you blind and limping. Two three-man details go in opposite directions in search of water.

They each return to you claiming that they have seen water in the distance, are planning to go to the water, and will help you get there with them inasmuch as you are not expected to survive long enough for them to return with water for you.

Both groups swear that they have seen water, but it's very hot out, they're dehydrated, and you realize that one or both groups might be seeing things - a mirage. Which will you follow, and how can you decide? In other words, is there a way to decide when a group of people claim to see something whether they actually do?

Once we answer this, we'll attempt to apply it to the religion issue: are skeptics god blind the way some people are color blind, and simply not seeing what is there, or are believers experiencing their own minds?
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#484141 Feb 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a failed moral system.
I fully reject the morals of "christian belief"
The question you need ask, yourself, is: are you an asset to your community and culture, or are you a liability.
the christian belief set is a liability, how do you fare?
The Lord prepared that place called HELL for Satan and the fallen angels who chose to believe his LIES. But the Lord Jesus Christ made sure that there will be enough room in hell for....someone else: EVERY HUMAN SOUL WHO REJECTS THE HOLY SON OF GOD,who gave Himself at the Holy Cross of Calvary for every sinner who would ever live on this earth. And unless you REPENT and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ before you leave this current world,that would mean people just like YOU.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#484142 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
So Skombolis' reactions are other people's faults? He has no choice in the matter?
Here's that accountability stuff again. My version is different than what I see here. Skombolis is accountable for his choices, as when he chose to sling sewage at me because he didn't like some of my opinions. In my opinion, you're excusing his choice to indulge himself, and I'm holding him accountable.
You asked if I sleep with sheep, if my mother was a prostitute, and regularly engage in dishonest tactics. Where is your accountability? The sewage is all you
Doctor REALITY

Searcy, AR

#484143 Feb 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
and --- of course ---
you speak for god
If she has put her faith in the Lord,YES,she has been given the right,and even the command,by the Lord Himself,to speak the Lord's Word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Hypocrite watch 80,891
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr CATHOLIC TRUTH 701,767
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr doG mnaDed lyoH i... 448,425
O.J. Nicole & MARCUS: Fatal Attraction 3 hr Doctor REALITY 8
Not havin" 'Iggy' ain't gone be NO EXCUSE 4 War... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Heros of the Simpson criminal trial 3 hr Doctor REALITY 55
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 3 hr Doctor REALITY 46
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Sammy 995,831