Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#483985 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I never have been afrad to and I never will be
I simply knew the unethical reasons you were asking and had no intention of playing your game
You already knew the answer so your question was dishonest
You asked like I said either hoping to pit me against others or as some test to force me to speak out if i didn't want to. You failed on both accounts because it doesn't bother me to speak out and I have in here many times on the same subject.
But knowing I have spoken out on predjudice and trying to use it against someone is a slimy thing to do
Again, unfortunately for you everyone knows my position and i have already spoken out on it many times
You are a slimy dude
Nobody should ever be afraid to speak out against prejudice.

And it should be done at every opportunity.

And it should be done without fear of what others may think.

The people who marched against racial injustice did so without fear of bullies, water hoses and violence. And did so over and over, until the bigots were defeated.

And you? You cower in fear of disapproval, and from your own religious allies no less.

And you justify your cowardice by claiming there was an improper motive for the question. What you exhibit is paranoia, faulty mind-reading, but most of all, cowardice.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#483986 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no different from cowards who didn't speak out, and still sometimes don't speak out, against racism, for fear of disapproval from their social circle.
Skom, you need to develop a backbone; character; integrity. You need to be able to take a stand for what you consider to be right, without fear of what others may think.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No Catcher
What you were hoping was I would be afraid to speak out
I wasn't
But what kind of immoral, unethical person uses that intentionally hoping to trap someone? And HL specifically asked before if I feel different than C.S. knowing I did and knowing my answer would pit me in direct opposition to him
You guys are the cowards and trying to use this situation as you have just proves it
I am glad others even in your own circles can see what you are willing to stoop to.
You can slice it any way you like. You know I spoke against against prejudice before even knowing that would put me in opposition of some in my faith and intentionally kept asking me in here either as you now claim as some test or to hope for the same result
Just as unethical as one can get
.. you fail to address Catcher's post ..

.. what's wrong with standing up for what you believe instead of concocting a plot, or, changing focus to justify a position ??..

.. bottom line, you fear backlash from other believers and seek acceptance. That's neither good nor bad, only human ..

.. you chose to think we're out to get you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Your negative ego is fighting a battle for its very survival. My hat is off to you. You're a very powerful person ..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483987 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Annie because i didn't see G's post andnow your post put it into my head
You think it was bad for you, try being me!
I hope someone didn't miss your post and G's and now see mine and goes back to look. It will be a domino effect of needing Pepto Bizmo
LOL
LOL Try antacids!

At one point I tried to find a more authentic picture of Eve. I just here to tell you that those Christian versions of her are not pretty...those fig leaves do nothing for her figure!

If the story is true...you know Eve being the mother of all of us...then I think it is okay to post a picture of my 2,724th great grand mother. This was the best shot of her that I could find.

YIKES! That just put another thought in my head...

I'll keep it to myself! Let you wonder!!! LOL

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#483988 Feb 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Such trinkets displayed on yer dress uniform is handy when ya attends international topix affairs.
The ladies especially like ta mingle with such decorated veterans as us what earns 'em fer our service efforts.
Display 'em proudly.
Heh

Ladies

(skom tips his cap while casually placing his other hand beneath his icons to draw their eye

LOL

~snicker

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483989 Feb 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Such trinkets displayed on yer dress uniform is handy when ya attends international topix affairs.
The ladies especially like ta mingle with such decorated veterans as us what earns 'em fer our service efforts.
Display 'em proudly.
LOL

I like controlled gaudy! Please leave all the bright red lips off though...they scare me. Too much like clown lips. They give me the shivers.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#483990 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
What does that prove HL? So you asked them to back off so you could engage in the experiment for your own reasons and you know it wouldn't look credible at all if those two were going out of their way to ruin it. You didn't want them handing me an excuse. You experiment was all over the place and was done so you could play judge and jury to every one of my posts.
Your judgment is horrible. As you saw, Happy Lesbo was trying to get us to back off from provoking you, not to give her free access at you. You also saw that she tried to recruit my help, which I declined. She had no malice. Her efforts were sincere.

You have some habits of thought that keep you trapped in your losing ways. Happy Lesbo said you weren't ready yet. She's an optimist.
Skombolis wrote:
You are one of the most vulgar, combative posters on Topix. You have zero room to talk
The opposite is true. She is completely noncombative and nurturing. As I said, your judgment is the worst.

Location hidden

#483991 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who marched against racial injustice did so without fear of bullies, water hoses and violence. And did so over and over, until the bigots were defeated.
And you? You cower in fear of disapproval, and from your own religious allies no less.
And you justify your cowardice by claiming there was an improper motive for the question. What you exhibit is paranoia, faulty mind-reading, but most of all, cowardice.
Can you read?

I have already spoken out on it in here many times

I wasn't going to debase the subject or myself by getting into a conversation about it simply to play your games

You are a little weasel who thought someone who had spoken out against prejudice might be afraid to do so again in front of other people. And the only reason you knew my position is because I did what I thought was right in front of you once already. And taking the information you learned you hoped to use it against me. But like I already said several times...pay attention...I have already spoken out on it many times in here and elsewhere and everybody already knows how i feel

So your test backfired. It exposed a coward except the coward was you. Unable to compete on merit you stoop to these lowlife tactics

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#483992 Feb 4, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I just had to get off the net last night. I can't stay in one position for very long...I have graduated to a cane. THose crutches hurt....LOL I will be glad when I can fully walk again, without the worry of falling. It snowed last night and froze, so I am stuck in the house, couldn't go to church....:( I don't want to reinjure myself...hopefully tomorrow it will melt.....I am ready for spring........I should be able to plant a garden and flowers, with the help of my husband... I am going stir crazy in the house, Doc, said not to do anything yet...it is a very hard thing to do.
god has not healed you yet?

he must be that disappointed in you

Location hidden

#483993 Feb 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Try antacids!
At one point I tried to find a more authentic picture of Eve. I just here to tell you that those Christian versions of her are not pretty...those fig leaves do nothing for her figure!
If the story is true...you know Eve being the mother of all of us...then I think it is okay to post a picture of my 2,724th great grand mother. This was the best shot of her that I could find.
YIKES! That just put another thought in my head...
I'll keep it to myself! Let you wonder!!! LOL
Ha

I ma going to go shovel my snow

That was at least if I throw-up I will be outside

LOL

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#483994 Feb 4, 2013
Grace (Hebrew: Khen and Rachamim). The interesting thing I've heard on this Topix thread and among many Christians is that they believe that one they have Grace, they no longer need the Law. Does Grace void the Law?

Grace is not given to sinners which are the Lawless. Only those that recognize the Law and keep the Law can be given Grace. Grace is the unmerited and undeserved favor of the Most High (Yahweh Elohiym), for it is only when one breaks the Law one can be given Grace. If the individual or people are Lawless then they cannot be given Grace. Grace is given when one breaks the Law, but it isn't a free pass for one to continue breaking the Law.

I remember earlier in the thread I gave an example of Grace in this way:

A man is driving down a 55mph zone doing 90mph. Worse, the man ran a red light though it appeared that there were no cars in sight at that time of the night. He was pulled over by a police officer and was asked for his license and registration. The officer looked at the man's documents and asked the driver why he was doing 90 in a 55 zone. The driver's excuse was also a poor one, but he was honest. He said to the officer that he was hurrying home to catch the 4th quarter of the Redskins v Cowboys game. The officer shook his head and considered asking the man to step out of the car, but didn't. He told the man that the offense was bookable especially because he broke two Laws (running the red light and exceeding the speed limit). However the officer smiled and said, just don't let me catch you doing that again, and told the man to drive safely and go home.

Now, the example of what the police officer exhibited was Grace, especially so because the man didn't deserve to be let off with just a warning. Yet, because the man was given Grace, does it mean he can do the same thing again the next day and deserves to be let off with just another warning? Does it mean if he sped off and was stopped by another police officer a few miles down the road that he wouldn't get a ticket? Because he was shown Grace, does it mean the Law is no longer in effect or that he shouldn't still obey the Law?

This is one solid reason why people should be able to recognize false teachings. It is in these times that the False Prophet will go around to deceive many. This OSAS business is dangerous. It gives many Christians license to sin believing that Grace voids the Law, hence thinking they won't get into trouble for breaking the Law. Is church Law equal to or better than The Law established by the Creator? Who has the ultimate say; the pastor or The Savior? So one has to wonder; why are people being so passionate and excited about the Law being abolished? Why would people want such a thing? One must examine their motives, just as in society, why would a thief want the laws of society broken down. Are these the same Christians who normally agree with or are in support of abortion, homosexuality and are usually not pro Israel?

In the end, the sheep will indeed be separated from the goat just as the wheat will be separated from among the congregation of the tears. It is astonishing to me that Christianity, a so called Abrahamic religion resembles anything but Abrahamic, wants also to separated from His Law of The Most High. The secularists love when christians don't adhere to Law because they themselves are Lawless.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#483995 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
you comparing the civil rights movement with the homosexual lifestyle?

no where in the bible it say a person race is a sin. the bible clearly state man to man is a sin.

you creating a false equivalency because you want to believe you sexual choices and lifestyle is the same as the civil rights movement. it not. the civil rights movement is to be celebrated, the homosexual lifestyle should be condemned.

the only speaking out that jesus follower writer skombolis should do is condemned you lifestyle for the sin it is and not be scared what bullies like you think.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#483996 Feb 4, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Again if I understand you correctly you are asking me who is more deserving of going to hell..........the man that committed suicide or those that driven him to do so, the person or the group, right?.........but that is pretty much a immaterial question as individually they are all going to be lost unless they become converted unto Christ before they died and the young man will likewise end up lost for the sin of murder.
Is that the question you asked and the answer you were looking for?
the dishonesty was expected,

that is what you intended

With Established Harem

#483997 Feb 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If DR has a problem with my avatar it is his problem and not mine. I will not change it simply because he can not control himself.
Having said that...
I can ignore his obsession with it but your post made me throw up a little this morning. I know that you were just trying to make a point but I am asking that you make it is a different way...this is just a bit too much...paints too ugly of a picture in my mind.
DR's immaturity about this simple work of art is beyond me. I suppose that he struggles with the sins of the flesh. It is not my responsibility to alleviate him of the temptation.
Now...back to trying to get that ugly picture out of my head.
.. being subtle is an art ..

P.S. Scattered 1/2 bag of stale tortilla chips for the birds this AM along with some seeds and bread. They're building their nests in the surrounding trees. Waldorf continues to hyperventilate at the window. You sure you don't want to adopt him?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#483998 Feb 4, 2013
the bible states woman to woman is sin as well.

Location hidden

#483999 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no different from cowards who didn't speak out, and still sometimes don't speak out, against racism, for fear of disapproval from their social circle.
Skom, you need to develop a backbone; character; integrity. You need to be able to take a stand for what you consider to be right, without fear of what others may think.
You are clueless

Everybody already knows my position

And what kind of unethical people, not knowing that, would try to "out" someone putting them in conflict with others because the person shared to them he disagreed with what how some in his faith handle this issue?

And who are you kidding? That you would do this in the middle of a personal fight and you want anyone to believe it was for any reason other than that?

Like I said, I had no fear of speaking out since my position is well known. In fact, I spoke out just two weeks ago when you asked before this last time and specifically mentioned how C.S. felt about it

Both you and Catcher's motive;s are disgraceful. You should be embarrassed. I am embarrassed for you

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#484000 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
QUESTION: What is your position on homosexuality?
Oh no you di'int!

Location hidden

#484001 Feb 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your judgment is horrible. As you saw, Happy Lesbo was trying to get us to back off from provoking you, not to give her free access at you. You also saw that she tried to recruit my help, which I declined. She had no malice. Her efforts were sincere.
You have some habits of thought that keep you trapped in your losing ways. Happy Lesbo said you weren't ready yet. She's an optimist.
<quoted text>
The opposite is true. She is completely noncombative and nurturing. As I said, your judgment is the worst.
HL is noncombative??

LOL

Wow dude

I have always liked her but I could pull dozens upon dozens upon dozen of combative, vulgar, insulting posts

You guys are some of the most unethical and dishonest people I have ever come across

The shame of it all is that all of you know better

I guess we see people's true colors when they feel challenged.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#484002 Feb 4, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
"The WHOLE of science and atheism are 2 very different things"
So are microscopes and telescopes. Both tools allow the user to see actuality in better detail and "scope"(understandin g).

With Established Harem

#484003 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
.. good post. You say it so much better than I can. Just one thing:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
.. has prejudice been defeated? Will the pecking order always exist? If so, why ??..

Location hidden

#484004 Feb 4, 2013
WARNING

While I have no problem speaking my mind in front of anyone and on any subject I know sometimes it can be difficult for people to open up and some people would prefer conflict. That is ok. Different strokes

But know if you come forward on something out of conscience in front of HL or Catcher they will seek to use it against you at a later date if they ever come into conflict with you. Even if you were speaking out in defense of them or agreeing with them

oom. So just know these are theApparently they feel they a right to force others to live up to the standards they set for speaking out on what is right. And they have no problem trying to embarrass someone or force their hand so they have no choice but to either look like they are avoiding a question where some will assume it is because they are a bigot or they have to announce their position putting themselves in opposition of others.

Like I stated, for me it made no difference as it was only 2 weeks ago I stated my position and everybody in here knows it. But know the kind of people you are dealing with and don't put yourself out on a ledge if you can't do so in front of everybody in any room at any given time because people like this will use it against you.

It is sad that someone would try use another speaking up for what they think is right against them at a later date for personal reasons. And these are people who heap praise upon those who agree and gang-attack people who don't on many things so one might even feel more inclined to admit how they feel if it is going to get a good reaction. That plays no role for me with them as I have done it in every room despite the crowd but I know it is human nature at times and this is what these two are like. It is what it is. Just be aware of what it is

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Dave Nelson 864,887
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min kent 599,786
Invaders from Mars 12 min Saffron Blues 9
Ugly light skin girl over so called good lookin... (Jul '14) 16 min Saffron Blues 15
Should I marry this ugly blonde German girl or ... 20 min Saffron Blues 18
9/11&bin 20 min REV CAROL 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 51 min curtjester1 40,885
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 3 hr Dennis 42
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr Justice League_ 2,009
White Lives MATTER 11 hr Burke Devlin 113
More from around the web