Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
.... In fact I said this, "Only when we are reborn and given a new life through the Holy Spirit by faith in Jesus are our sins forgiven."
I understand that is what you believe.
However, that is an interpretation based on select sections of the Bible. There are many, many other interpretations.
Those that believe other interpretations are as convinced that their's is "Truth".

The problem is none of you can prove any of it. If you could there would never be an arguement about it.

I believe what I do about the Bible, God and Jesus and am willing to learn more ....even if I discover that my prior beliefs were in error. THAT is IMHO the problem with most of you.

"These things I believe, I believe with all my heart. However when met with overwhelming evidence to the contrary I will abandon those beliefs in an instant."

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday as I read about people and their fruits...I kept thinking...
Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
I think most would consider the other guy's fruit as the source of the fruit flies that were swarming about.
In your opinion...
Do you think that there should have been another verse or two...
Harvest your fruit before it becomes over ripe and falls to the ground.
For once it has fallen and left unattended becomes as the fruit that fell from the bad tree.
They both will attract the fruit fly.
On as side not...we all know how pesty and how difficult it is to get rid of those annoying little buggers!
Oh well...I started out to be serious but my mind just wouldn't go there.:-)
Good morning (((((Annie)))))) Those scriptures exist but with different wording (c:

John 15
New International Version (NIV)

The Vine and the Branches
15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
~*~

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

John 15:9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.
Now remain in my love.
10 If you keep my commands,
you will remain in my love,
just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
12 My command is this:
Love each other as I have loved you.
13 Greater love has no one than this:
to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.
The World Hates the Disciples
18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you:‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law:‘They hated me without reason.’

The Work of the Holy Spirit
26 “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...the mule had a headache this morning?
DR...I no longer click on your links.
Thank you though for your Christlike Christian thoughts.
...shake shake shake!!!!

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Morning,Deb. Uh.....what's an 'energy play',Deb??
When they GOT the ball and KEPT it- and forcefully MOVED (c:

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Just a few points to ponder.
There were many forms of Gnosticism.
We only have documents from two allegedly gnostic groups.
Most of what people believe about Gnosticism is based only on what The Roman Catholic Church said about them centuries later.
There is little evidence that they were not monotheists.
The Christian and Jewish Kabbalah are almost identical to the early Gnostics.
The Gospel of John and Revelation are indistinguishable in content from Gnostic texts.
The Gospel of Thomas is indistinguishable in content from the accepted Canonical texts.
Lastly, the Christian doctrines of "Birn Again" and "Guided by the Holy Spirit" are identical to Gnostic doctrines based on what we know from the few Gnostic documents we have.
Gnosticism is still alive and doing well, we just call it Christianity now.
Qu_innocence wrote:
A. Gnostics believe that the demiurge,(That is, God) was created and they believe that he is the lowest god with a whole bunch of gods and goddesses above him. They believe that place in which those higher gods dwell in is called "The Pleroma". Okay, real quickly... this is how the main story goes but it morphed this way and that over the milleniums:
(1) They believe that God was created by a goddess above Him called the lower-sophia. But before this, Lower Sophia was trying to get a hold of the Highest-ordered God who is known as The Unknown God (heard that before in Acts on Mars Hill?). Well, she couldn't get a hold of Him so out of anger (sometimes legend says curiousity) she created the demiurge but saw that it was a monster that she created (this is gnostic thought btw). So she was supposedly terrified of this monster and flung the demiurge (God) to the darkest and furtherest corners. Then as the gnostic myth goes, she put a barrier between her and the demiurge and that is why Jehovah thinks that He is the only God because He cannot see anything above Him. There's a whole heck of a lot more to this but in gnostic thought, Jesus and the demiurge (God) are supposedly enemies and Jesus came to save mankind FROM God. That only some men have the divine spark and these men who have that are supposedly those gnostics that believe all this. They believe that the Christian and Jewish God is only playing and torturing mankind.

B. Now probaly some "enlightened one" or "knower" (gnostic) will post and say that I don't know what I'm talking about to inject misinformation to keep you from the truth and that sort of thing could happen....
B. Just pointing out a few facts. You can do what you want with them.
You know what you are talking about Quin, you just don't know 'enough'.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Just read this: "If repentance was not an element of saving faith, Paul could have continued persecuting Christians but still be considered a Christian by the modern gospel because he "believed"."

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>... Norton 360 keeps WARNING me about the viruses LURKING on several Topix forums,including THIS ONE,just last night??....
It must recognize that you are on the thread.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>...shake shake shake!!!!
Masturbating to Annie's avatar again ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
Just read this: "If repentance was not an element of saving faith, Paul could have continued persecuting Christians but still be considered a Christian by the modern gospel because he "believed"."
Interesting point!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You now my position as I have discussed it in length in several rooms with you and several times coming to your defense when many Christians wouldn't touch that subject. So since you know my position I can only assume you and Catcher keep asking in here hoping to cause division. While I am not worried about backlash and will maintain to anyone we have no right to single out sins or to show hate I do think that is pretty unethical of you
Next time you wonder why more Christians don't speak up you may want to look in the mirror and remind yourself that you will try to use it against them at a later date. I find it stunning that a situation so personal to you would be sacrificed for a personal agenda. I guess if people want to make it harder on those who try to speak their conscience on what they think is socially moral behavior as far as how we treat others and make it harder on those who speak out against prejudice that is your decision.
How cowardly.

Your Jesus would be ashamed of you.

You constantly cause division here, but when it comes to prejudice....
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
When they GOT the ball and KEPT it- and forcefully MOVED (c:
Wow,Deb,you should have been an NFL coach.....:(

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
The ten days turned out to be a sham set up by your friend who feels you need to be protected

I had no interest in participating in an exercise where people can fight for no reason, say want to get nailed, solicit others for sex and could literally tell people go F themselves if they wanted to in every post but one should not apologize if saying somethign hurts somebody's feelings

That exercise was ridiculous on its face and unfortunately was not an honest suggestion for self-improvement. She simply wanted a pretext. At bare minimum it was the silliest set of rules i have ever seen given how one could act within them
Let me tell you about that "sham." I hope that Happy Lesbo doesn't mind me bragging on her, but I'm going to tell you about our recent emails.

She saw us getting into it just as she was about to engage you in a self-help exercise, and asked me to stand down if I would. She explained what she was up to - an exercise that somebody that she respects engaged her in previously that she thought was very helpful for her. She wanted to try to share it with you when she saw that you had the same problem that she had had :

==========

HL: Are you willing to give SKOM a 2nd chance?

AINS: It would be a third or fourth chance. But what do you have in mind?

HL: For some strange reason, I think SKOM is worth the effort, perhaps because I was once like him. He's incredibly neurotic - hard on the outside, soft on the inside. He cannot debate you because he's too busy defending, protecting and justifying his ego. Instead of attacking, are you willing to just point out what he does? I think you understand what I'm saying. My hunch? His arrogance is a by-product of everyone telling him he's a piece of shit. His constant apologies for stating his opinion tell me all I need to know. He's lost. I'm not suggesting you stop posting to him. In fact, I encourage it. Perhaps you can point out how his negative ego defense mechanisms are harming him, alienating him from the human tribe. I sincerely think he can be salvaged. Your thoughts?

AINS: I appreciate your interest in him. Frankly, I don't like interacting with people like him very much. He is his own god. If you criticize one, you've criticized the other, and he retaliates for them both. I'll try to stifle smacking him if you'd like, but I'll leave healing him to your capable hands. I'm in no position to be giving him personal advice after just telling him to keep it impersonal. Besides, we don't like each other very much, so it would be unnatural to act concerned just yet.

HL: You can forget my PMs about SKOM. He's not ready. I was wrong.

AINS: Sorry about that. I'm not surprised. He is not you. You can learn.

==========

That was the "sham" that Happy Lesbo concocted. She had hope for you. Maybe she still does.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I AGREE (((((Scott))))))- & the game WAY surpassed the commercials and half time for entertainment too! I did like the Farmer commercial and the Jeep / Military commercials though~
Good morning ((((Deb))))) I didn't get into the commercials too much, my attention was already divided between the game and posting on the thread at the same time, lol.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
How does GOD communicate to the non-believers if not through man(kind)?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
It should be directly. If you want to use a proxy, make it something credible. A talking horse claiming to be a god speaking to me, for example, would be a lot more credible than a man doing the same thing. I would believe the horse.
Serah wrote:
That's because you have no faith in man(kind) and sadly, most of us know why.
Actually, I believe that my opinion of mankind is much higher than the average Christian's. Mankind's failure and dependency are foundational Christian principles.
Serah wrote:
Horses, for example, deserve our respect....
I have no idea why you posted that.
Serah wrote:
GOD is within each of us, but for some reason, HE is not apparent to all until certain events trigger the knowledge.
Or else the opposite is true. There is no god, and for some reason, you think otherwise.

Here's a question I posed last week that nobody was interested in fielding. I'll ask you again now, since it is germane again:

"It sounds like you might be seeing god in everything the way somebody wearing blue shades sees blue in everything. And you're not alone. Millions or billions of people see the same thing you do. But millions or billions of us just scratch our heads and wonder why you see a god in what we see as godless. How can we decide who is seeing reality and who isn't?" http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

I believe that this question can be answered. Would you or anybody else like to try?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it was never about AIN, it's about you. Here's a little secret ..
.. before we began our little experiment, I PM'ed CATCHER & AIN, asked them to back off from you for 10-days. They both agreed. Why do you think they were willing to stop critiquing you ??..

.. it is self-centered. My focus has been on you. Your focus has been on you. Would you like to dance? No partner necessary ..

.. your suspicions were, and are, incorrect ..
.. the exercise was created by a very wise, spiritually evolved man I knew. He taught me much including how to avoid centering on self ..

.. my word is my bond. The exercise was to help, not hurt. I was wrong to suggest it. You weren't ready ..
I guess you told him already. I'm pretty far behind.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words.....
This is real love - not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
1 John 4:10
K-Love
Hello Epi

Besides believing a GOD loves, can you show how a GOD loves?

Can you point to a GOD's love in this age?

How about showing where a GOD doesn't love?
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Today I come to You, bringing prayers for my neighbors before Your throne. I don't know what each and every one is going through right now, but I know that each has their own hurts, challenges, problems, needs. I know that some are grieving, whether over an errant child, a lost job, the death of a loved one or something else; some are lonely; some are lost and need the Savior; some are ill and need healing and comfort; the needs go on. Please help me to know what to do to be a good neighbor to them. Give me opportunities to reach out and share Your love. I pray that the Holy Spirit will minister to each one and meet their spiritual needs. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Prime Time with God
Does your GOD love "Benny Hinn"?
He pretends to "Heal" people everyday.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Everyone... can't post for too long as I will be headed to the gym shortly.
I didn't watch the game last night but heard it was "purty" good! Uh... Catch!? smile.
:)
Good morning Qu, you did miss a good one, much as I dislike the 49ers they are no one to play around with at all and with Colin Kaepernick that will be a force to deal with for years to come, the Ravens put on a powerful performance and still barely escaped.

Blessings.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
He chooses too- His mercy and grace also provide truths to the non believer that they do not like. He does not lie- and honors His biblical promises.
Thanks

Can you point-out where a GOD doesn't show "Mercy","Love ", or "Grace"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

270 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min River Tam 722,368
reason topix is GOING OUT OF STYLE 31 min HaHa 4
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 35 min Mandela 36,562
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 57 min USA-1 115,660
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Nice_girl 447
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Oxbow 533,731
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 2 hr sunny 0569470225 38
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr 911 A and E 257,052
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Megamegan 87