Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#484013 Feb 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are a liar
I doubt that you have given your earthy wealth to the church.
for
you are also greedy
I already given to you my most prize possession the living word.
So you think me a liar so be it.
I will be sure and put your name on the roll call so you can collect your portion.Something borrowed,something blue and something new all for you.God bless

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#484014 Feb 4, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right,Dopey. So is that why my Norton 360 keeps WARNING me about the viruses LURKING on several Topix forums,including THIS ONE,just last night?? If you only had a brain...
Thanks so much fer yer input scarecrow. I'll be much more careful 'bout open'n yer links from now on.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#484015 Feb 4, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Grace (Hebrew: Khen and Rachamim). The interesting thing I've heard on this Topix thread and among many Christians is that they believe that one they have Grace, they no longer need the Law. Does Grace void the Law?
Grace is not given to sinners which are the Lawless. Only those that recognize the Law and keep the Law can be given Grace. Grace is the unmerited and undeserved favor of the Most High (Yahweh Elohiym), for it is only when one breaks the Law one can be given Grace. If the individual or people are Lawless then they cannot be given Grace. Grace is given when one breaks the Law, but it isn't a free pass for one to continue breaking the Law.
I remember earlier in the thread I gave an example of Grace in this way:
A man is driving down a 55mph zone doing 90mph. Worse, the man ran a red light though it appeared that there were no cars in sight at that time of the night. He was pulled over by a police officer and was asked for his license and registration. The officer looked at the man's documents and asked the driver why he was doing 90 in a 55 zone. The driver's excuse was also a poor one, but he was honest. He said to the officer that he was hurrying home to catch the 4th quarter of the Redskins v Cowboys game. The officer shook his head and considered asking the man to step out of the car, but didn't. He told the man that the offense was bookable especially because he broke two Laws (running the red light and exceeding the speed limit). However the officer smiled and said, just don't let me catch you doing that again, and told the man to drive safely and go home.
Now, the example of what the police officer exhibited was Grace, especially so because the man didn't deserve to be let off with just a warning. Yet, because the man was given Grace, does it mean he can do the same thing again the next day and deserves to be let off with just another warning? Does it mean if he sped off and was stopped by another police officer a few miles down the road that he wouldn't get a ticket? Because he was shown Grace, does it mean the Law is no longer in effect or that he shouldn't still obey the Law?
This is one solid reason why people should be able to recognize false teachings. It is in these times that the False Prophet will go around to deceive many. This OSAS business is dangerous. It gives many Christians license to sin believing that Grace voids the Law, hence thinking they won't get into trouble for breaking the Law. Is church Law equal to or better than The Law established by the Creator? Who has the ultimate say; the pastor or The Savior? So one has to wonder; why are people being so passionate and excited about the Law being abolished? Why would people want such a thing? One must examine their motives, just as in society, why would a thief want the laws of society broken down. Are these the same Christians who normally agree with or are in support of abortion, homosexuality and are usually not pro Israel?
In the end, the sheep will indeed be separated from the goat just as the wheat will be separated from among the congregation of the tears. It is astonishing to me that Christianity, a so called Abrahamic religion resembles anything but Abrahamic, wants also to separated from His Law of The Most High. The secularists love when christians don't adhere to Law because they themselves are Lawless.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
I'd like to add, too, that maybe...just maybe...such a belief as the law being done away with is the problem in our world? I mean, Christianity boasts the most members of any religion, philosophy, and what-have-you. But, look around?! Where's all the love? Where's all the righteousness? Where's all the Christ-like behavior?

We're walking around with blinders on if we don't see the hypocrisy. And we're foolish to say that we won't commit adultery, but we're also under no authority of any law. It's foolish and dangerous. And on that note...

Thank you for your post.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484016 Feb 4, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you comparing the civil rights movement with the homosexual lifestyle?
no where in the bible it say a person race is a sin. the bible clearly state man to man is a sin.
you creating a false equivalency because you want to believe you sexual choices and lifestyle is the same as the civil rights movement. it not. the civil rights movement is to be celebrated, the homosexual lifestyle should be condemned.
the only speaking out that jesus follower writer skombolis should do is condemned you lifestyle for the sin it is and not be scared what bullies like you think.
Let me see if I can explain this to you...

If you want to base this in the Bible...

If you do not treat those that have had premarital sex in the same manner that you treat homosexuals...then you are prejudiced and bigoted.

If you do not treat those that have had affairs outside their marriage in the same way that you treat homosexuals...then you are prejudiced and bigoted.

If you do not treat "SOME" that have divorced and remarried in the same way that you treat homosexuals...then you are prejudiced and bigoted.

If you do not treat a liar and a thief in the same manner that you treat homosexuals...then you are prejudiced and bigoted.

Does that make it more clear? I could give more examples if you like.

Now...

If you believe that homosexuality is a sin...then don't participate in homosexual sex.

If you believe that premarital sex is wrong...then don't have premarital sex.

If you believe that affairs outside of marriage is wrong...then don't have sex outside your marriage.

If you believe divorce is wrong...then don't get a divorce.

If you believe that lying and thievery is wrong...then don't lie and steal.

While there are civil laws that we are all required to obey...laws of a spiritual nature are for those that adhere to a specific belief system. There is no mandate that any or all of us have to follow your spiritual laws.

Keep in mind...hundreds of years ago people immigrated to this country in part to escape religious persecution. Now here we are in the 21st century still dealing with it...even though our constitution tries to not only guarantee us religious freedom but freedom from religion.

Anyway...back to the original topic...

No one has asked you to become pro-gay...that is not a requirement. If you want to believe that it is a sin...that is your right. What is NOT up to you is how others believe nor how they live their life...as long as it is within civil law.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#484017 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
WARNING
While I have no problem speaking my mind in front of anyone and on any subject I know sometimes it can be difficult for people to open up and some people would prefer conflict. That is ok. Different strokes
But know if you come forward on something out of conscience in front of HL or Catcher they will seek to use it against you at a later date if they ever come into conflict with you. Even if you were speaking out in defense of them or agreeing with them
oom. So just know these are theApparently they feel they a right to force others to live up to the standards they set for speaking out on what is right. And they have no problem trying to embarrass someone or force their hand so they have no choice but to either look like they are avoiding a question where some will assume it is because they are a bigot or they have to announce their position putting themselves in opposition of others.
Like I stated, for me it made no difference as it was only 2 weeks ago I stated my position and everybody in here knows it. But know the kind of people you are dealing with and don't put yourself out on a ledge if you can't do so in front of everybody in any room at any given time because people like this will use it against you.
It is sad that someone would try use another speaking up for what they think is right against them at a later date for personal reasons. And these are people who heap praise upon those who agree and gang-attack people who don't on many things so one might even feel more inclined to admit how they feel if it is going to get a good reaction. That plays no role for me with them as I have done it in every room despite the crowd but I know it is human nature at times and this is what these two are like. It is what it is. Just be aware of what it is
(T) Peace
.. your ego is fighting one hell of a battle ..

.. in any case, you're one powerful man. Again, my hat is off to you ..

.. me? I think I'll surrender to your power, walk away from this conflict. Is that OK with you ??..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484018 Feb 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Strange how we relate situations...my first impression was that of the "fruit of the loom" commercial...but I can find humor in the oddest arena. LOL!
LOL

Aaaaw gee BT...they might buy us a one way ticket out of this joint...wearing only our BVD's and takin' our fruit flies with us! Ya think???

That commercial is strange...talking fruit in underwear.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#484019 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the comparison is valid ..
"I believe all Americans who believe in freedom, tolerance and human rights have a responsibility to oppose bigotry and prejudice based on sexual orientation."
"Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood."
Coretta Scott King
I no think homosexuals should have prejudice and intolerance against them or deny they humanity.

What should be made clear though, is that they behavior is immoral. I no think the drunkard, adulterer or the prostitute should have bigotry and prejudice against them either, but they should know they behavior is wrong and indefensible.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#484020 Feb 4, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you comparing the civil rights movement with the homosexual lifestyle?
no where in the bible it say a person race is a sin. the bible clearly state man to man is a sin.
you creating a false equivalency because you want to believe you sexual choices and lifestyle is the same as the civil rights movement. it not. the civil rights movement is to be celebrated, the homosexual lifestyle should be condemned.
the only speaking out that jesus follower writer skombolis should do is condemned you lifestyle for the sin it is and not be scared what bullies like you think.
Yes, in my view discrimination against homosexuals is despicable, as is discrimination on the basis of race.

The Bible means nothing to me. I know what's right and what's wrong without the need of a book written by goatherders 2000 years ago.

But I do agree with one thing: Skombolis should express his views on this, regardless what bullies may think.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#484021 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Yep. The Christian interpretation of John places Jesus where Genesis never did. That is rewriting the Torah and is blasphemy in Judaism.
"You may say to yourselves,“How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed." - Deuteronomy 18:21-22

Jesus never returned. And nobody has moved a mountain with faith.

And we all know what happens to false prophets, of course:

"But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”- Deuteronomy 18:20

I'll bet that that scripture came up at Jesus' trial by the Sanhedrin.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484022 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. being subtle is an art ..
P.S. Scattered 1/2 bag of stale tortilla chips for the birds this AM along with some seeds and bread. They're building their nests in the surrounding trees. Waldorf continues to hyperventilate at the window. You sure you don't want to adopt him?
He looks like an adorable kitty. My problems is...I am allergic to those little sweethearts. I don't even have to touch them and I start clawing at myself.

I do hope you find someone to taken him home.

A few months ago I adopted this mutt of a Beagle. While I was there getting him they had this pitiful old dog named Buffy. She was so old that her teeth had fallen out and she couldn't keep her tongue in her mouth. She was so comical looking and so adorable at the same time.

She would have made a great pet for some little old lady that suffered the same maladies...they would have understood each other.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484023 Feb 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do not treat those that have had premarital sex in the same manner that you treat homosexuals...then you are prejudiced and bigoted.
If you do not treat those that have had affairs outside their marriage in the same way that you treat homosexuals...then you are prejudiced and bigoted.
If you do not treat "SOME" that have divorced and remarried in the same way that you treat homosexuals...then you are prejudiced and bigoted.
If you do not treat a liar and a thief in the same manner that you treat homosexuals...then you are prejudiced and bigoted.
Now...
If you believe that homosexuality is a sin...then don't participate in homosexual sex.
If you believe that affairs outside of marriage is wrong...then don't have sex outside your marriage.
While there are civil laws that we are all required to obey...laws of a spiritual nature are for those that adhere to a specific belief system. There is no mandate that any or all of us have to follow your spiritual laws.
Keep in mind...hundreds of years ago people immigrated to this country in part to escape religious persecution. Now here we are in the 21st century still dealing with it...even though our constitution tries to not only guarantee us religious freedom but freedom from religion.
No one has asked you to become pro-gay...that is not a requirement. If you want to believe that it is a sin...that is your right. What is NOT up to you is how others believe nor how they live their life...as long as it is within civil law.
I no care how the homosexual live they life or what they believe. How do I treat the homosexual? All I say is they behavior is immoral, it is a sin, and Christians should never be bullied into agreeing with a sinful lifestyle, that all I saying.

As I say homosexuality adultery beastiality fornication is a sin. You no see me defending those lifestyle. So I consistent. Homosexuality is the same as adultery fornication lying beastiality etc, etc. They all immoral evil behavior.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484024 Feb 4, 2013
@ HL

I'm sorry...her name wasn't Buffy...it was Muffin.

Don't know why I typed Buffy.

:-(

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#484025 Feb 4, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 483723
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
<quoted text>
Just wanted to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed reading these posts, and 100% agree with what you are saying.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to reflect.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#484026 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. then, do it ..
.. of course, we first need your definition of vulgar ..
The emphasis on vulgar was more to show the posts have been combative in nature. When you tell someone go perform certain acts or what not and the intent is to insult them I dont think anyone could claim the post is not combative. But this is pointless unless you are going to say you are one of the most noncomative posters on Topix. i am combative. you are combative. i cant imagine either of us denying that. as to ur other post it is a red herring that my ego has anything to do with it. i mayh be egotistical but that isnt why I have objected to what you and catcher have done. And moving on is fine with me

Fremont, CA

#484027 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. good post. You say it so much better than I can. Just one thing:
<quoted text>
.. has prejudice been defeated? Will the pecking order always exist? If so, why ??..
Sorry, I painted with too broad a brush.

Prejudice has not been defeated. What I meant was that the schools and lunch counters were desegregated, anti-miscegenation laws were thrown out, and voting rights laws were enacted.

Yes, we still have a long way to go, but I'm optimistic that homosexuals will continue to make gains in acquiring equal rights.

And that's why it's important to speak out, as often as possible and in every arena.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#484028 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in my view discrimination against homosexuals is despicable, as is discrimination on the basis of race.
The Bible means nothing to me. I know what's right and what's wrong without the need of a book written by goatherders 2000 years ago.
But I do agree with one thing: Skombolis should express his views on this, regardless what bullies may think.
Well I no agree with you view. The bible mean everything to me and I say your lifestyle is disgraceful and immoral based on the bible. Now that no mean anything to you because you disregard the bible and that is OK. But your affirmative view and opinion of a lifestyle that is unnatural and perverse in my view is not ok with me. To each their own.

Jesus follower Skombolis even if he thought homosexuality is moral won't say it on here. That is not bullying, that common sense. What real Jesus follower can ever think Jesus would think man to man or woman to woman is ok when the book God use people to write God own views clearly state it is not ok?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484029 Feb 4, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I no think homosexuals should have prejudice and intolerance against them or deny they humanity.
What should be made clear though, is that they behavior is immoral. I no think the drunkard, adulterer or the prostitute should have bigotry and prejudice against them either, but they should know they behavior is wrong and indefensible.
Immoral by whose standards trifecta??? Yours...mine...the people down the street??? Here again...

Just as you can NOT enforce your spiritual laws on another...you can't enforce your code of ethics on someone else.

Do you not get that?

The only laws that can be enforced are those that are determine to be civil laws.

I am not fond of g-string panties or underwear...I think that they are unsanitary. Simply because I feel that way does not give me the right to go around tell anyone and everyone that they can not wear them. All that I can do is not wear them myself.

Fremont, CA

#484030 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>

of course, we first need your definition of vulgar ..
It's a cereal, made of wheat, right?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#484031 Feb 4, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I no care how the homosexual live they life or what they believe. How do I treat the homosexual? All I say is they behavior is immoral, it is a sin, and Christians should never be bullied into agreeing with a sinful lifestyle, that all I saying.
As I say homosexuality adultery beastiality fornication is a sin. You no see me defending those lifestyle. So I consistent. Homosexuality is the same as adultery fornication lying beastiality etc, etc. They all immoral evil behavior.
You do care trifecta or you would not be advocating the condemnation of their lives.

You might not be defending other types of fornication but neither are you advocating the condemnation of those commit adultery or premarital sex.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#484032 Feb 4, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now...
mama
nobody gave you authrotiy to judge someone strange their own views about daily life and his own choices whom he is going to accept or not in his life,

Judgemental posts like yours are just simple human trush playing big shot games,but alone is worthy nothing

God never gave you any authority to run your mouth against someone self designed morals

just take care always about your own life luggage or own yoke of depraved moral life and today their effect fail on you and your own family.

take parts and hear proposals about sexes with lesbians moral perverts, doesn't make you at all high moral female Gods Created creature

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min here 282,946
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Toby 974,705
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min nanoanomaly 70,672
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 38 min gundee123 4,967
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 46 min RiccardoFire 18,779
The straight folks fight on... 57 min Left of centre 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Thinking 658,571
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 1 hr Hilary 95
More from around the web