<quoted text>
When they GOT the ball and KEPT it- and forcefully MOVED (c:
Wow,Deb,you should have been an NFL coach.....:(

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#483934 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
The ten days turned out to be a sham set up by your friend who feels you need to be protected

I had no interest in participating in an exercise where people can fight for no reason, say want to get nailed, solicit others for sex and could literally tell people go F themselves if they wanted to in every post but one should not apologize if saying somethign hurts somebody's feelings

That exercise was ridiculous on its face and unfortunately was not an honest suggestion for self-improvement. She simply wanted a pretext. At bare minimum it was the silliest set of rules i have ever seen given how one could act within them
Let me tell you about that "sham." I hope that Happy Lesbo doesn't mind me bragging on her, but I'm going to tell you about our recent emails.

She saw us getting into it just as she was about to engage you in a self-help exercise, and asked me to stand down if I would. She explained what she was up to - an exercise that somebody that she respects engaged her in previously that she thought was very helpful for her. She wanted to try to share it with you when she saw that you had the same problem that she had had :

==========

HL: Are you willing to give SKOM a 2nd chance?

AINS: It would be a third or fourth chance. But what do you have in mind?

HL: For some strange reason, I think SKOM is worth the effort, perhaps because I was once like him. He's incredibly neurotic - hard on the outside, soft on the inside. He cannot debate you because he's too busy defending, protecting and justifying his ego. Instead of attacking, are you willing to just point out what he does? I think you understand what I'm saying. My hunch? His arrogance is a by-product of everyone telling him he's a piece of shit. His constant apologies for stating his opinion tell me all I need to know. He's lost. I'm not suggesting you stop posting to him. In fact, I encourage it. Perhaps you can point out how his negative ego defense mechanisms are harming him, alienating him from the human tribe. I sincerely think he can be salvaged. Your thoughts?

AINS: I appreciate your interest in him. Frankly, I don't like interacting with people like him very much. He is his own god. If you criticize one, you've criticized the other, and he retaliates for them both. I'll try to stifle smacking him if you'd like, but I'll leave healing him to your capable hands. I'm in no position to be giving him personal advice after just telling him to keep it impersonal. Besides, we don't like each other very much, so it would be unnatural to act concerned just yet.

HL: You can forget my PMs about SKOM. He's not ready. I was wrong.

AINS: Sorry about that. I'm not surprised. He is not you. You can learn.

==========

That was the "sham" that Happy Lesbo concocted. She had hope for you. Maybe she still does.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#483936 Feb 4, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I AGREE (((((Scott))))))- & the game WAY surpassed the commercials and half time for entertainment too! I did like the Farmer commercial and the Jeep / Military commercials though~
Good morning ((((Deb))))) I didn't get into the commercials too much, my attention was already divided between the game and posting on the thread at the same time, lol.

Fennario

#483937 Feb 4, 2013
Serah wrote:
How does GOD communicate to the non-believers if not through man(kind)?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
It should be directly. If you want to use a proxy, make it something credible. A talking horse claiming to be a god speaking to me, for example, would be a lot more credible than a man doing the same thing. I would believe the horse.
Serah wrote:
That's because you have no faith in man(kind) and sadly, most of us know why.
Actually, I believe that my opinion of mankind is much higher than the average Christian's. Mankind's failure and dependency are foundational Christian principles.
Serah wrote:
Horses, for example, deserve our respect....
I have no idea why you posted that.
Serah wrote:
GOD is within each of us, but for some reason, HE is not apparent to all until certain events trigger the knowledge.
Or else the opposite is true. There is no god, and for some reason, you think otherwise.

Here's a question I posed last week that nobody was interested in fielding. I'll ask you again now, since it is germane again:

"It sounds like you might be seeing god in everything the way somebody wearing blue shades sees blue in everything. And you're not alone. Millions or billions of people see the same thing you do. But millions or billions of us just scratch our heads and wonder why you see a god in what we see as godless. How can we decide who is seeing reality and who isn't?" http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

I believe that this question can be answered. Would you or anybody else like to try?

Fennario

#483938 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it was never about AIN, it's about you. Here's a little secret ..
.. before we began our little experiment, I PM'ed CATCHER & AIN, asked them to back off from you for 10-days. They both agreed. Why do you think they were willing to stop critiquing you ??..

.. it is self-centered. My focus has been on you. Your focus has been on you. Would you like to dance? No partner necessary ..

.. your suspicions were, and are, incorrect ..
.. the exercise was created by a very wise, spiritually evolved man I knew. He taught me much including how to avoid centering on self ..

.. my word is my bond. The exercise was to help, not hurt. I was wrong to suggest it. You weren't ready ..
I guess you told him already. I'm pretty far behind.
mike

AOL

#483939 Feb 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words.....
This is real love - not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
1 John 4:10
K-Love
Hello Epi

Besides believing a GOD loves, can you show how a GOD loves?

Can you point to a GOD's love in this age?

How about showing where a GOD doesn't love?
mike

AOL

#483940 Feb 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Today I come to You, bringing prayers for my neighbors before Your throne. I don't know what each and every one is going through right now, but I know that each has their own hurts, challenges, problems, needs. I know that some are grieving, whether over an errant child, a lost job, the death of a loved one or something else; some are lonely; some are lost and need the Savior; some are ill and need healing and comfort; the needs go on. Please help me to know what to do to be a good neighbor to them. Give me opportunities to reach out and share Your love. I pray that the Holy Spirit will minister to each one and meet their spiritual needs. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Prime Time with God
Does your GOD love "Benny Hinn"?
He pretends to "Heal" people everyday.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#483942 Feb 4, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Everyone... can't post for too long as I will be headed to the gym shortly.
I didn't watch the game last night but heard it was "purty" good! Uh... Catch!? smile.
:)
Good morning Qu, you did miss a good one, much as I dislike the 49ers they are no one to play around with at all and with Colin Kaepernick that will be a force to deal with for years to come, the Ravens put on a powerful performance and still barely escaped.

Blessings.
mike

AOL

#483943 Feb 4, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
He chooses too- His mercy and grace also provide truths to the non believer that they do not like. He does not lie- and honors His biblical promises.
Thanks

Can you point-out where a GOD doesn't show "Mercy","Love ", or "Grace"?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#483944 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You're emasculating "Skom" - making him appear weak. Here it is in his own words:
Skombolis wrote: "HL and I have never so much as had a cross word and given her "little brother/big brother" relationship with IANS it is clear she is simply running to his defense. I don't think she has considered how weak she is making him look to be that she feels it is necessary."
I do not feel the need to defend your simple minded opinion.
What I said,stands as is as stong today as it will tomorrow.God bless you.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#483945 Feb 4, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Today I come to You, bringing prayers for my neighbors before Your throne. I don't know what each and every one is going through right now, but I know that each has their own hurts, challenges, problems, needs. I know that some are grieving, whether over an errant child, a lost job, the death of a loved one or something else; some are lonely; some are lost and need the Savior; some are ill and need healing and comfort; the needs go on. Please help me to know what to do to be a good neighbor to them. Give me opportunities to reach out and share Your love. I pray that the Holy Spirit will minister to each one and meet their spiritual needs. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen.
mike

AOL

#483946 Feb 4, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a popular belief.
Others say God isn't obligated to do anything at all.
Reality seems to back up the latter.
Hello G o D

I agree with reality.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#483947 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You now my position as I have discussed it in length in several rooms with you and several times coming to your defense when many Christians wouldn't touch that
subject. So since you know my position I can only assume you and Catcher keep asking in here hoping to cause division. While I am not worried about backlash
and will maintain to anyone we have no right to single out sins or to show hate I do think that is pretty unethical of you
Next time you wonder why more Christians don't speak up you may want to look in the mirror and remind yourself that you will try to use it against them at a later date.
I find it stunning that a situation so personal to you would be sacrificed for a personal agenda. I guess if people want to make it harder on those who try to speak
their conscience on what they think is socially moral behavior as far as how we treat others and make it harder on those who speak out against prejudice that is your
decision.
.. yes, I've always known your position. Renewing the inquiry was for Catcher's edification ..

.. causing division? It's possible. Let me mull if over ..

.. it would be interesting to know why Catcher wanted clarification ..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#483948 Feb 4, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>They BELIEVE the provable right? I believe you have said so yourself on another thread.
Science does not prove atheism... Atheists just use the very small part of science, Evolution, in attempts to justify their own beliefs in atheism. Other than the
evolution theory (which is yet to be proven), science and atheism are 2 very different things.
Science as a whole is neutral. Now I do think that Atheists and other "neutral" scientists (who are neither atheist or creationist) help to keep science neutral.
Otherwise you might have young-earth creationists who would insist that the earth is only 6000 years old.
But evolution, that small part of the whole, is a theory that is simply wrong. But if you want to go there with science, then prove that God does not exist using the
scientific method and we can have further discussions on the matter, or NOT! Smile
.. if you choose to reject evolution, you must reject all scientific disciplines ..

.. proving no-God is impossible via the scientific method because there is no tangible evidence, only belief ..

.. why knows? God may be at the control switches, turning DNA on and off at His pleasure. Conversely, science may someday prove a strictly emergent conscious. The burning question remains, "Are science and religion compatible?" ..

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#483949 Feb 4, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Well, let me put it to ya like this...
Suppose there was a person or a group of people who judged and belittled that very prodigal son (because of their lack of knowing and understanding the working of their god in him) to the point that he simply committed suicide in it's wake because of it...effectively rendering that effort and outcome of god's intention void.
Who is deserving condemnation and everlasting torture end hell?
Now, do you really think anyone on this planet is all knowing and capable of making and acting on their inept ability to know what god thinks and wants?
Anyone who does is a fool and a blasphemer....and thinks they are above their god.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Well, you might be correct on some points.
Point is, all too often men think they are all knowing about god and presume to make judgments on his behalf, and they can cause more harm than good even though they think they are doing his will. Men can never "know" anything of the sort and place themselves in jeopardy through their own inept ability and arrogance.
It would be far more appropriate to let god do his own bidding, lest one become like those who were responsible for the atrocities we have already witnessed throughout history such as the inquisitions etc. They started with the same arrogant misconceptions and inept ability to "know" the thoughts of god by those who become fools that wantonly usurp that god's position, believing they are something more than they actually are, which is mere men.
Just wanted to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed reading these posts, and 100% agree with what you are saying.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483950 Feb 4, 2013
"It sounds like you might be seeing god in everything the way somebody wearing blue shades sees blue in everything. And you're not alone. Millions or billions of people see the same thing you do. But millions or billions of us just scratch our heads and wonder why you see a god in what we see as godless. How can we decide who is seeing reality and who isn't?" http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
I believe that this question can be answered. Would you or anybody else like to try?
I know that you wanted a response from a Christian perspective...but you did say anybody. I am an anybody! LOL

I believe that people "see" not only what they want to "see" but also what they need to "see" in life around them.

I try to wake up in the mornings with a positive attitude it helps set the tone for my day. One morning however I got up and the first thing that hit me was a negative thought...I couldn't shake it. So I went and sat on the porch to watch it rain...the negative thoughts persisted...until...

Suddenly I noticed the raindrops hitting the surface of a puddle. They formed these perfectly shaped circles that soon dissipated once again leaving a perfectly smooth surface. For me...it was as if I had found my solution to my negative thoughts...they come...ripple the surface...then dissipated back in to calmness.

Yes...the actions of the raindrop interacting with a mud puddle can be explained away through science...yet again for me...that takes away from the lesson that I learned that morning. It would have taken away the mystery of life...the romantic side...the specialness of the moment.

I refer to that moment as "finding God in a mud puddle". Was it God...some higher power...the Great Spirit of the sky. I don't know but for that moment...it was a message...it was what was needed.

Before you say that I am strange...I know that...and I am okay with that.

My own son thinks that I am strange at times...but there was a moment in his life...that for a brief time...that he understood me.

Some need the facts backed by logic...some of us need the mystery.

There are cooks that go strictly by the recipe...some of us just throw in what ever we can find and hope for the best!

Some of us even make art out of ant hills. LOL

I am not sure this is the type of answer that you had in mind...it is however my explanation of why and how I "see" sometimes things that others might not "see".

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#483951 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I guess you told him already. I'm pretty far behind.
Hey that okay,I just tie a cord of love on you so you do not get lost from the rest.God shall bless me for bring you right long too cause he loves you too.I say to God I brought this one home cause did not want the wolves to eat him.Even thro he is a bit dirty from what the nasty world handed him a good cleanin he be just fine.Never fear when you fall that far behind for you see that what happens to the good,bad and the ugly.God bless.

Location hidden

#483953 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Really? OK. No, I never felt that way.
Now please tell me what that has to do with my claim that Christianity allows one to not apologize if they are so inclined.
You claimed Christians don't have to care about the people they hurt because they can just ask for forgiveness from the sky.

You say you never felt this way when you were a Christian

Ergo you know that isn't an honest picture you are trying to paint

Believing God will forgive someone does release them or responsibility or caring about the person they hurt. And it stands to reason if they want God to forgive they would care about what they did, just like you used to when you were a Christian

That I have to explain to you what the problem is here just proves my point

Location hidden

#483954 Feb 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, I've always known your position. Renewing the inquiry was for Catcher's edification ..
.. causing division? It's possible. Let me mull if over ..
.. it would be interesting to know why Catcher wanted clarification ..
So you are saying you were asking on Catcher's behalf despite asking me once already since you got here and receiving an answer and already knowing my position from other rooms?

Do me a favor, when acting on behalf of other poster's let me know. I generally assume when someone posts to me they are doing so on behalf of themselves.

I know Catcher has been around for a long conversation in which I explained my position in Prove There is A God so it will be interesting to see what his reasons are. You never thought to ask him before asking me on his behalf? Seems like a strange thing to do. Especially on such a charged topic that I have gone out of my way on before to defend what I thought was right. Well I am sure you will let me know why you were asking on his behalf when you find out

Location hidden

#483955 Feb 4, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed Christians don't have to care about the people they hurt because they can just ask for forgiveness from the sky.
You say you never felt this way when you were a Christian
Ergo you know that isn't an honest picture you are trying to paint
Believing God will forgive someone does release them or responsibility or caring about the person they hurt. And it stands to reason if they want God to forgive they would care about what they did, just like you used to when you were a Christian
That I have to explain to you what the problem is here just proves my point
Edit

Does NOT release them FROM responsibility or caring about the person they hurt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Seentheotherside 39,667
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min lightbeamrider 97,935
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 18 min Seentheotherside 1,015
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Rosa_Winkel 810,638
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Pokay 269,096
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min marge 574,554
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 44 min guest 221,761
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 4 hr busted 165
More from around the web