“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#483821 Feb 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
I would hope our sensitivity could not change GOD ~ and am also glad that HE is our Judge..
Genesis 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.....
In my eyes or opinion, they are not the words of someone who has turned their back on GOD :)
Luke 18:11-12
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

I don't mean to be argumentative, but I find it difficult accepting Eve's comment as anything that validates your assertion. If anything, Eve's comment only proves that she still believed in "God" and still trusted that all that occurs occurs only because it was allowed by "God." And why wouldn't she? Such thoughts, beliefs, and glorification, though, was quite common among the Israelites. Case in point...

When we read the story of Job, we read of Job saying, "..the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away." He said this because just prior to his saying this, he had just lost almost everything. It's written, "And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them: And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The fire of God is fallen from heaven, and hath burned up the sheep, and the servants, and consumed them; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, The Chaldeans made out three bands, and fell upon the camels, and have carried them away, yea, and slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee."

Now, if we read what's recorded before this, we read of the conversation between "God" and Satan. And at the end of this discussion, we read: "Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD."

Examine these things, Serah. As we can see, Job accredited the most High for the disasters that took place and for what he had lost. But, as we can see, the most High only allowed for Job to lose what he did. It was actually Satan that took everything from Job and not the most High, after all.

In the end, Adam and Eve did, indeed, die. And as it's written, the wage for sin is death. I'm not saying Eve didn't repent, but to die, she had to have turned her back on "God" in order to be punished so severely.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#483822 Feb 3, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I can not take pain pills...it is healing slowly...but the pain lets me know I am alive.....LOL I will find my papers, it is hard to get around still. I have to listen to my Doctor, I fell and my hip came out of alignment. Finally went back in alignment Friday....now my herniated disks are causing me trouble. The spinal doc a few years ago said they could not help me with it, had to many problems. They did want to insert a spinal stimulator in me. When I found out they had to change your batteries I think it was like every three years....I told them no. I would take the pain. I use alot of herbs to help me, since my body refuses pain meds most meds it rejects. They almost killed me....but I came back. I am here....LOL I don't watch sports either, unless one of my grandkids now will be in it. My boys use to be and I would go and watch them. That's about all I watch of sports.
Bonsoir mon ami, I am pleased to know that you are still alive, albeit in pain. Feel better and may you recover soon.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#483823 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Again if I understand you correctly you are asking me who is more deserving of going to hell..........the man that committed suicide or those that driven him to do so, the person or the group, right?.........but that is pretty much a immaterial question as individually they are all going to be lost unless they become converted unto Christ before they died and the young man will likewise end up lost for the sin of murder.
Is that the question you asked and the answer you were looking for?
Well, you might be correct on some points.
Point is, all too often men think they are all knowing about god and presume to make judgements on his behalf, and they can cause more harm than good even though they think they are doing his will. Men can never "know" anything of the sort and place themselves in jeopardy through their own inept ability and arrogance.
It would be far more appropriate to let god do his own bidding, lest one become like those who were responsible for the atrocities we have already witnessed throughout history such as the inquisitions etc. They started with the same arrogant misconceptions and inept ability to "know" the thoughts of god by those who become fools that wantonly usurp that god's position, believing they are something more than they actually are, which is mere men.
mehen

Winchester, KY

#483824 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. I have a disk fragment pinching the nerves from 20 years ago. I just deal with the pain instead of an operation. Too risky IMHO. The pain doesn't go away but it got alot easier to live with after a while.
May yours fully heal.
castor oil packs on areas of pain and adjustment by chiropractor would alleviate pain. i've used it on boils and gall bladder attacks. works every time.

i'll choose homeopathic over allopathic any day.

even works for tooth ache.

castor oil was used by the ancient egyptians.

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsand...

What is the history behind it?

Ancient Egyptians were the first to record the use of castor oil for medicinal purposes, and since then it has been used by many cultures as a folk medicine. Castor oil was reportedly used as a medicine during the early Middle Ages in Europe. Edgar Cayce, a medium who entered a trance state to offer patients his thoughts about their diagnosis (and past lives) claimed that castor oil helped to heal the lymphatic tissue in the small intestines, thus increasing absorption of fatty acids and allowing for tissue growth and repair. Most of the plants used in producing castor oil are now grown in India and Brazil.

Oncologists now use castor oil as a vehicle for delivering some chemotherapy drugs to cancerous tumors. A special formula of castor oil called Cremophor EL is used as a carrier for paclitaxel, a drug used to treat metastatic breast cancer and other tumors. Unfortunately, the vehicle sometimes causes problems of its own, including allergic reactions. This has prompted a search for substitute carriers.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#483825 Feb 3, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, say wat momma?
LOL!
Forgive me but "Urbanese" does great violence to the English language:)
Doing OK, yourself Deb?
Hey, hears a novel thought, why not just exchange phone numbers with a friend you may have ought with and hash it out? No, really, I've done it before here and it can be a faster way to bring resolution to a problem. Added benefit it avoids embarrassment for parties involved and doesn't add another gratuitous broadside to an already beat-up Body(of believers).
Just a thought, in His love ....
<<<<<Smooch> >>>>>>>

I have no more to say to Stave regarding the whole chabang- But I do consider him a friend and a brother~ or I would not have brought up the subject I did.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#483826 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Prolly the only way they could git the "flubber" on the field.
That sure was a great game (c:

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#483827 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I know bro, no offense taken in the least, like I said we don't always know but the spirit does and can convey that to us by the spirit. Anyway how're this evening?
Then shall ye return , and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
Malachi 3:18
Hey Scott,

I understand what you're relating. This is what I was referencing:
Matthew wrote:
<quoted text>
"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit.

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits."(Matt. 7:15-20)
So,according to the text who would we know 'by their fruit'?

'False prophets'

They would come in 'sheep's clothing'(intent disguised)but are 'ravenous wolves'(predators).

Do they come to reconcile , or divide? To bring comfort, or fear? Show love for the brethren , or contempt? Just my anecdotal take ,and more could be added but one 'gets the picture' I believe.

You take care and have a good night:)

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#483828 Feb 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
lol at myself I not much of a game player.Course do not think I want the ball and something that big tackling me.So when one of them gets the ball I hollowing run no matter which team it is.lol I do not know the rules just who ever gets the ball run for the goal post.I ask what the red flag for and this bunch says never mind it not in your rules of football.lol but is fun even if my rules are different.lol.Got nine seconds for something here.humm
We pretend we care who wins- in order to have a mini celbration with snack food ~ Now ya' know the truth of my home (c: I do understand what they are doing and how many chances they get to get it done before they have to give the ball back to the other guys~!!!

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#483829 Feb 3, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>The 49ers have nothing to be ashamed of. They're a superb team. But that 109 yard kickoff return is what doomed 'em.
Ravens held off against the 49ers energy plays~ wow- GOOD GAME.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#483830 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure...I will repost what I originally stated. I hold this opinion to myself as well as anyone else also, as we are only human.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Well, let me put it to ya like this...
Suppose there was a person or a group of people who judged and belittled that very prodigal son (because of their lack of knowing and understanding the working of their god in him) to the point that he simply committed suicide in it's wake because of it...effectively rendering that effort and outcome of god's intention void.
Who is deserving condemnation and everlasting torture end hell?
Now, do you really think anyone on this planet is all knowing and capable of making and acting on their inept ability to know what god thinks and wants?
Anyone who does is a fool and a blasphemer....and thinks they are above their god.
BT..This is an amazing question. I wish more people would "think" like this..Thanks for posting this. You made a very valid point here. I have always liked reading your post. You dig pretty deep and I like that. Another question which you hit on is this: All those people who MAY have JUDGED and Belittled the prodical son had NO idea that God was waiting for His return and he DID return..Most believers want to judge others based on the lifestyle that THEY see.i.e..atheist, homosexuals,murders, theives ect..ect..without a seconds thought that GOD Himself may be Waiting on the VERY ones that BELIEVERS are condemning to hell. Those "believers" had no idea that God may very well hold them accountable for treating them this way and never making amends at all. We dont know where any one person may be years from now. The battle is not between believers and unbelievers..though, we sure cant tell that by the looks of topix forums. I guess those who judged them will be judged as harshly as they judged..Another reason why I never condemn the unbelievers. You would make a great speaker though..You have a great mind BT. Thanks for posting my friend..

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#483831 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
How goes it John Senecus?
Hey Drew, don't know if you're still around but, just relaxing ,taking in the night:)

Little reading, writing ...but no 'rithmetic;)

You have a restful night...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#483832 Feb 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Ravens held off against the 49ers energy plays~ wow- GOOD GAME.
No..........BRILLIANT GAME!!!!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#483833 Feb 3, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Grace: actually he hates all women. Please do not give him any information about you.....
Hi Knowledge..
Thanks for your concern but I dont give my information out like that. Shrink is harmless..mouthy but harmless. LOL :)
I hope you rest well tonight without any pain Knowledge and again, Thanks for your concern for me. Its appreciated.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#483834 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No..........BRILLIANT GAME!!!!!
I AGREE (((((Scott))))))- & the game WAY surpassed the commercials and half time for entertainment too! I did like the Farmer commercial and the Jeep / Military commercials though~
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#483835 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. I have a disk fragment pinching the nerves from 20 years ago. I just deal with the pain instead of an operation. Too risky IMHO. The pain doesn't go away but it got alot easier to live with after a while.
May yours fully heal.
Thankyou, I appreciate that...I was able to get use to it before I fell. Just upsetting the balance of things I guess...I am sure in time my disks will not be so painful. My Doctor told me that our bodies can handle any type of pain from an injury in time... our bodies are made to heal itself, in time. Your dealing with it for twenty years gives me hope that I will be able too. There is a herb called the devils claw short for some very long word, but that is what you ask for. It is a herb in Africa, and it help shrink the swelling of your disks, so that it is not so painful. I am probably going to regret using that term on this site. LOL Oh well, it is what it is.....:)
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#483836 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Knowledge..
Thanks for your concern but I dont give my information out like that. Shrink is harmless..mouthy but harmless. LOL :)
I hope you rest well tonight without any pain Knowledge and again, Thanks for your concern for me. Its appreciated.
Thanks, I think I am going to turn in. My time of sitting is ending. My pain is getting worse, so say a little prayer for me....:)
God bless.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#483837 Feb 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
We pretend we care who wins- in order to have a mini celbration with snack food ~ Now ya' know the truth of my home (c: I do understand what they are doing and how many chances they get to get it done before they have to give the ball back to the other guys~!!!
Well,looks like I won lol.My bunch has been snacking on a pot of homemade chili,sandwiches,chips and drinks tonight in front of the game but son fell asleep in the last three minutes and honey followed him right away too.Two full growin fellows sleeping in the recliners now that some kind of game lol.Was a close game for sure.You understand a whole lot more than me.Will be some celebrations tonight.There always be another game at another time.
I tell them who won when they wake up lol lol.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#483838 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
BT..This is an amazing question. I wish more people would "think" like this..Thanks for posting this. You made a very valid point here. I have always liked reading your post. You dig pretty deep and I like that. Another question which you hit on is this: All those people who MAY have JUDGED and Belittled the prodical son had NO idea that God was waiting for His return and he DID return..Most believers want to judge others based on the lifestyle that THEY see.i.e..atheist, homosexuals,murders, theives ect..ect..without a seconds thought that GOD Himself may be Waiting on the VERY ones that BELIEVERS are condemning to hell. Those "believers" had no idea that God may very well hold them accountable for treating them this way and never making amends at all. We dont know where any one person may be years from now. The battle is not between believers and unbelievers..though, we sure cant tell that by the looks of topix forums. I guess those who judged them will be judged as harshly as they judged..Another reason why I never condemn the unbelievers. You would make a great speaker though..You have a great mind BT. Thanks for posting my friend..
Thanks fer the flowers Grace, although I really don't deserve them. I believe differently than most do, and therefore see things differently. We are all folks, and should act like it too. Just because I am not a christian, doesn't mean I am above or below anyone else in importance or intellect in this ALL/IAM. We are all in this together, like it or not, and we should all work for the betterment of it lest we be liabilities to ourselves and the All/IAM.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#483839 Feb 3, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Drew, don't know if you're still around but, just relaxing ,taking in the night:)
Little reading, writing ...but no 'rithmetic;)
You have a restful night...
Well I'm a math/science kinda fella who does some reading and writing also. It's good to chill sometimes. We all need an occasional reflection and rejuvenation. I've been chilling most of the day.

Gonna go rest now. My throat's been a little scratchy today. It would be wonderful if it was better tomorrow.

Have a wonderful night.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#483840 Feb 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I AGREE (((((Scott))))))- & the game WAY surpassed the commercials and half time for entertainment too! I did like the Farmer commercial and the Jeep / Military commercials though~
Saw this and just had to....The Farmer with Paul Harvey was one of the best I saw, and I don't even own a Dodge. I just might go buy one now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 5 min KiMare 758
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min Chris Clearwater 175,669
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Regina 559,592
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min duststorm 441,782
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Dave Nelson 775,510
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min Dr_Zorderz 265,165
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr pmscomputers 96,744
More from around the web