Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#483827 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I know bro, no offense taken in the least, like I said we don't always know but the spirit does and can convey that to us by the spirit. Anyway how're this evening?
Then shall ye return , and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
Malachi 3:18
Hey Scott,

I understand what you're relating. This is what I was referencing:
Matthew wrote:
<quoted text>
"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit.

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits."(Matt. 7:15-20)
So,according to the text who would we know 'by their fruit'?

'False prophets'

They would come in 'sheep's clothing'(intent disguised)but are 'ravenous wolves'(predators).

Do they come to reconcile , or divide? To bring comfort, or fear? Show love for the brethren , or contempt? Just my anecdotal take ,and more could be added but one 'gets the picture' I believe.

You take care and have a good night:)

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#483828 Feb 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
lol at myself I not much of a game player.Course do not think I want the ball and something that big tackling me.So when one of them gets the ball I hollowing run no matter which team it is.lol I do not know the rules just who ever gets the ball run for the goal post.I ask what the red flag for and this bunch says never mind it not in your rules of football.lol but is fun even if my rules are different.lol.Got nine seconds for something here.humm
We pretend we care who wins- in order to have a mini celbration with snack food ~ Now ya' know the truth of my home (c: I do understand what they are doing and how many chances they get to get it done before they have to give the ball back to the other guys~!!!

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#483829 Feb 3, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>The 49ers have nothing to be ashamed of. They're a superb team. But that 109 yard kickoff return is what doomed 'em.
Ravens held off against the 49ers energy plays~ wow- GOOD GAME.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#483830 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure...I will repost what I originally stated. I hold this opinion to myself as well as anyone else also, as we are only human.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Well, let me put it to ya like this...
Suppose there was a person or a group of people who judged and belittled that very prodigal son (because of their lack of knowing and understanding the working of their god in him) to the point that he simply committed suicide in it's wake because of it...effectively rendering that effort and outcome of god's intention void.
Who is deserving condemnation and everlasting torture end hell?
Now, do you really think anyone on this planet is all knowing and capable of making and acting on their inept ability to know what god thinks and wants?
Anyone who does is a fool and a blasphemer....and thinks they are above their god.
BT..This is an amazing question. I wish more people would "think" like this..Thanks for posting this. You made a very valid point here. I have always liked reading your post. You dig pretty deep and I like that. Another question which you hit on is this: All those people who MAY have JUDGED and Belittled the prodical son had NO idea that God was waiting for His return and he DID return..Most believers want to judge others based on the lifestyle that THEY see.i.e..atheist, homosexuals,murders, theives ect..ect..without a seconds thought that GOD Himself may be Waiting on the VERY ones that BELIEVERS are condemning to hell. Those "believers" had no idea that God may very well hold them accountable for treating them this way and never making amends at all. We dont know where any one person may be years from now. The battle is not between believers and unbelievers..though, we sure cant tell that by the looks of topix forums. I guess those who judged them will be judged as harshly as they judged..Another reason why I never condemn the unbelievers. You would make a great speaker though..You have a great mind BT. Thanks for posting my friend..

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#483831 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
How goes it John Senecus?
Hey Drew, don't know if you're still around but, just relaxing ,taking in the night:)

Little reading, writing ...but no 'rithmetic;)

You have a restful night...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#483832 Feb 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Ravens held off against the 49ers energy plays~ wow- GOOD GAME.
No..........BRILLIANT GAME!!!!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#483833 Feb 3, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Grace: actually he hates all women. Please do not give him any information about you.....
Hi Knowledge..
Thanks for your concern but I dont give my information out like that. Shrink is harmless..mouthy but harmless. LOL :)
I hope you rest well tonight without any pain Knowledge and again, Thanks for your concern for me. Its appreciated.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#483834 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No..........BRILLIANT GAME!!!!!
I AGREE (((((Scott))))))- & the game WAY surpassed the commercials and half time for entertainment too! I did like the Farmer commercial and the Jeep / Military commercials though~
Knowledge

United States

#483835 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. I have a disk fragment pinching the nerves from 20 years ago. I just deal with the pain instead of an operation. Too risky IMHO. The pain doesn't go away but it got alot easier to live with after a while.
May yours fully heal.
Thankyou, I appreciate that...I was able to get use to it before I fell. Just upsetting the balance of things I guess...I am sure in time my disks will not be so painful. My Doctor told me that our bodies can handle any type of pain from an injury in time... our bodies are made to heal itself, in time. Your dealing with it for twenty years gives me hope that I will be able too. There is a herb called the devils claw short for some very long word, but that is what you ask for. It is a herb in Africa, and it help shrink the swelling of your disks, so that it is not so painful. I am probably going to regret using that term on this site. LOL Oh well, it is what it is.....:)
Knowledge

United States

#483836 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Knowledge..
Thanks for your concern but I dont give my information out like that. Shrink is harmless..mouthy but harmless. LOL :)
I hope you rest well tonight without any pain Knowledge and again, Thanks for your concern for me. Its appreciated.
Thanks, I think I am going to turn in. My time of sitting is ending. My pain is getting worse, so say a little prayer for me....:)
God bless.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#483837 Feb 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
We pretend we care who wins- in order to have a mini celbration with snack food ~ Now ya' know the truth of my home (c: I do understand what they are doing and how many chances they get to get it done before they have to give the ball back to the other guys~!!!
Well,looks like I won lol.My bunch has been snacking on a pot of homemade chili,sandwiches,chips and drinks tonight in front of the game but son fell asleep in the last three minutes and honey followed him right away too.Two full growin fellows sleeping in the recliners now that some kind of game lol.Was a close game for sure.You understand a whole lot more than me.Will be some celebrations tonight.There always be another game at another time.
I tell them who won when they wake up lol lol.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#483838 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
BT..This is an amazing question. I wish more people would "think" like this..Thanks for posting this. You made a very valid point here. I have always liked reading your post. You dig pretty deep and I like that. Another question which you hit on is this: All those people who MAY have JUDGED and Belittled the prodical son had NO idea that God was waiting for His return and he DID return..Most believers want to judge others based on the lifestyle that THEY see.i.e..atheist, homosexuals,murders, theives ect..ect..without a seconds thought that GOD Himself may be Waiting on the VERY ones that BELIEVERS are condemning to hell. Those "believers" had no idea that God may very well hold them accountable for treating them this way and never making amends at all. We dont know where any one person may be years from now. The battle is not between believers and unbelievers..though, we sure cant tell that by the looks of topix forums. I guess those who judged them will be judged as harshly as they judged..Another reason why I never condemn the unbelievers. You would make a great speaker though..You have a great mind BT. Thanks for posting my friend..
Thanks fer the flowers Grace, although I really don't deserve them. I believe differently than most do, and therefore see things differently. We are all folks, and should act like it too. Just because I am not a christian, doesn't mean I am above or below anyone else in importance or intellect in this ALL/IAM. We are all in this together, like it or not, and we should all work for the betterment of it lest we be liabilities to ourselves and the All/IAM.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#483839 Feb 3, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Drew, don't know if you're still around but, just relaxing ,taking in the night:)
Little reading, writing ...but no 'rithmetic;)
You have a restful night...
Well I'm a math/science kinda fella who does some reading and writing also. It's good to chill sometimes. We all need an occasional reflection and rejuvenation. I've been chilling most of the day.

Gonna go rest now. My throat's been a little scratchy today. It would be wonderful if it was better tomorrow.

Have a wonderful night.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#483840 Feb 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I AGREE (((((Scott))))))- & the game WAY surpassed the commercials and half time for entertainment too! I did like the Farmer commercial and the Jeep / Military commercials though~
Saw this and just had to....The Farmer with Paul Harvey was one of the best I saw, and I don't even own a Dodge. I just might go buy one now.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#483841 Feb 3, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I think I am going to turn in. My time of sitting is ending. My pain is getting worse, so say a little prayer for me....:)
God bless.
Pleasant dreams.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#483842 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm a math/science kinda fella who does some reading and writing also. It's good to chill sometimes. We all need an occasional reflection and rejuvenation. I've been chilling most of the day.
Gonna go rest now. My throat's been a little scratchy today. It would be wonderful if it was better tomorrow.
Have a wonderful night.
Try some tea with honey.
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#483843 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks fer the flowers Grace, although I really don't deserve them. I believe differently than most do, and therefore see things differently. We are all folks, and should act like it too. Just because I am not a christian, doesn't mean I am above or below anyone else in importance or intellect in this ALL/IAM. We are all in this together, like it or not, and we should all work for the betterment of it lest we be liabilities to ourselves and the All/IAM.
Exactly :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#483844 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
The passage is not teaching that everlasting life is based on our forgiving other people. However, it does teach that our relationship with God is damaged when we refuse to forgive those who have offended us. Nobody will be able to stand before God demanding that their sins be forgiven simply because they have forgiven others. Only when we are reborn and given a new life through the Holy Spirit by faith in Jesus are our sins forgiven. Therefore, Jesus is not referring to GodÂ’s initial act of forgiveness, which in fact reconciles us back to God, that we experienced when we first believed the Gospel.
You see we need daily cleansing, and by confessing, God restores that fellowship between Himself and us. This is not the wholesale cleansing that we received when we first believed. It's like when Jesus washed the disciples' feet. He didn't wash all of them, just their feet.
It's also teaching that if we pray with unforgiveness in our hearts that God will not hear our prayers and they will be ineffective. Matthew 6 is basically teaching the disciples how to pray and what to pray. It has nothing to do with salvation. So we can't just take two verses out of the whole chapter, or for that matter, the entire sermon on the mount (which was to His disciples and not to the multitude which is a common misconception held on to today) and use them to justify our beliefs, and that goes for any scripture.
It would be quite hypocritical of me or you or any believer to pray to God asking for forgiveness when we are harboring any unforgiveness in our hearts. So I believe that it is impossible to walk in true fellowship with God if we refuse to forgive others.
Therefore, to answer your question, the passage and not just those two verses, is applicable for all times.
And Steve, I'm going to address those other passages as well, especially Hebrews 6, but not tonight. I'm going to enjoy the Super Bowl. And just so you know, that I'm not avoiding anything, I do have bb games every night this week as the end of the varsity regular season winds up this week, middle school tournaments are in full swing and there are still make-up games that have to be played due to last Friday night's (Jan. 25th) postponements due to icy roads in the upstate. And by the way, I haven't read all the way back through everything since Wednesday, but Wednesday was the only night, except Sundays, that I have had off for three weeks, so I haven't been avoiding anything. I simply have not had the time.
So you believe someone can have their sins forgiven yet that doesn't mean they are saved?

I have always felt the two went hand-in-hand

Do you mind me asking what you would base that on that "The passage is not teaching that everlasting life is based on our forgiving other people."if doing that results in the father forgiving our sins?

How can someone not be saved if the Father forgives their sins?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#483845 Feb 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
This movie sound like one of those hair raisers,as you said it is pretty wild.No have not seen this one.But get your drift of what you are saying.Ya know stom I not a good runner and poor follower I was one of those self drummers guess that makes me part of who I am.Sometimes times I speak when I should be quite then sometimes be quite when I should have spoke.A human fault.But my two cents I put in was done with sincerity and honesty.(((Now joking with you only as the song sings thats my story and I am sticking to it)))God bless.
:)

(T) Peace
mike

AOL

#483846 Feb 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
((((Mike)))))) Your welcome (c:
His mercy is what provides grace to us all~ If He only loved NONsinners- He would have only Jesus as His child.
I hope that all is well for you- and am glad you were here when I came back in.
Thanks

Isn't a GOD obligated to show mercy or grace?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min bagittagit 980,038
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Bongo 99,697
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min guest 670,157
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 18 min bad bob 20
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 48 min WildWeirdWillie 184,257
jones-tardy family reunion 2017 1 hr JonesTardy2017 1
____*antichrist & israel march 2017____ 1 hr YTube2017News 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr chazmo 286,432
More from around the web