Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#483712 Feb 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
ALERT ALERT ALERT
It looks like God has intervened in the Super Bowl .
STOP IT! Yer gonna cause a riot!
Ther's laws against that y'know!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#483713 Feb 3, 2013
Lawest,you and your 'I could CHOOSE to turn my back on God POSSEE' are always talking about how you have the 'power' to 'give God's salvation back to Him' and rebel against Him,I guess,the way the one-third of holy angels did in heaven when they CHOSE to listen to Lucifer/Satan. Botton line: What you guys believe about salvation is nothing but pure IGNORANCE. If YOU,Lawset,were totally sinless,and you lived in a realm were sin never existed,and then you stood before some LIAR telling a bunch of CLEVERLY SPOKEN LIES about your Creator and Father,THAT YOU KNEW WEREN'T TRUE,but you allowed yourself to entertain the thought of that LIAR possibly being 'on to something',and you CHOSE TO BELIEVE THAT LIAR,and abandon your 'first estate',then,YES,I would say that you would be in R-E-A-L trouble,as far as your soul is concerned. But tell me,WHY,Lawest,o' bright 'son of the morning',would any sane believer in the Lord Jesus Christ want to 'abandon their salvation' and return to the lost ways of the world,knowing that Judgement Day destruction awaits them at the Great Throne Judgement?? ENLIGHTEN me,'o anointed cherub of Christ!

Location hidden

#483714 Feb 3, 2013
Senecus wrote:
Darn, did I miss the Inquisition?
Oh Shucks! You didn't have a "stake" in it did ya?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483715 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I cuss out a christian? Argue with a christian, Yes, But cuss them out? Show me and I will apologize.
awwmm,Shame on you, LOL
(anxious to see that post)lol

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#483717 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Well it is not so much WE who are really judging so much as the Word has already taught some of these circumstances, as the Bible says..........you shall know them by their fruits.
Hey Scott, hope your night is well...

"You shall know them by their fruits..."

Commonly heard phrase in a sermon or Sunday school teaching, and the inference is made to mean ,often anyway,'who's a believer'. But, is that the original context? No, I'm not trying to be provocative, just nit picking and starting a convo.

When I looked at the context of the phrase in a study, I came away seeing it a bit differently. According to context, who will one know "by their fruits"?

:)
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#483718 Feb 3, 2013
So why is there a power outage at the Superbowl??! I know!!!: Barack Obama must be pulling for the 49ers and he told a 'government mole' working at the stadium to pull the power switch cause that dude for the Ravens just ran that 109 kickoff return!

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#483719 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> STOP IT! Yer gonna cause a riot!
Ther's laws against that y'know!
Like yellin' "FIRE!" in a crowd theater?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#483720 Feb 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
ALERT ALERT ALERT
Haha..

Who is to really say??
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#483721 Feb 3, 2013
Adam wrote:
What did Jesus teach?
No claim to divine sonship, no swerve from the Jewish tradition and no deth on the cross?
You're a LIAR,you wicked slave of Satan.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#483722 Feb 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the light going from being a creation of the god of Genesis on the first day to it being the god of Gospel of John, there from the beginning?
Yep. The Christian interpretation of John places Jesus where Genesis never did.

That is rewriting the Torah and is blasphemy in Judaism.

Location hidden

#483723 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Well it is not so much WE who are really judging so much as the Word has already taught some of these circumstances, as the Bible says..........you shall know them by their fruits.
Well, let me put it to ya like this...

Suppose there was a person or a group of people who judged and belittled that very prodigal son (because of their lack of knowing and understanding the working of their god in him) to the point that he simply committed suicide in it's wake because of it...effectively rendering that effort and outcome of god's intention void.
Who is deserving condemnation and everlasting torture end hell?

Now, do you really think anyone on this planet is all knowing and capable of making and acting on their inept ability to know what god thinks and wants?

Anyone who does is a fool and a blasphemer....and thinks they are above their god.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#483724 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
During my time on this thread I have observed quite frankly conversations that I questioned. Those questions led me to researching...just what does the Bible say about these types of situations.
I first thought that I would speak in general...to avoid stepping on toes...but changed my mind and decided to be specific.
This is what I have seen...
There have been times when I felt that Steve should have just let some things go. I think that if he had of the "debates" would have been much shorter.
On the other hand...
I also saw BMITB (I use him since you mentioned but there have been others) throw out jabbing comments...hurl innuendos...just to antagonize and get their rebuttals in. IMO...those not so subtle remarks...were often thrown out there because they knew that Steve would respond.
What I have seen most often is the "rebuking" of Steve for his continued response but seldom any "rebuking" of those antagonistic remarks made by others.
One of the things that I love about you Deb has been your effort to be that example for us non-Christians. It was one of my biggest complaints at one time (and that of others) that Christians love to point out the fault of us little heathens and ignore the faults of their brothers and sisters.
I think that you took that to heart. You often speak of what we non-Christians have taught you and I believe that is one of those things. These types of situations is what lead to my study of how is one Christian to approach another Christian...so I thank your for that! LOL
How does all of this apply to the current situation...
My take on it...
The debate on OSAS has gone on far too long. I think Steve, BLL and others should let it go. On the other hand I have read the other side throw out those antagonizing remarks...doubting others salvation...child of satan comments...never saved...etc...etc.
I understand your closeness to Steve based on past history. I do think however that your first approach should have been a general statement toward all of those involved.
These are all just my opinions Deb...no more right or wrong than anyone elses. I thought perhaps "seeing" an outside view point might put a little more perspective on things.
Now I will hide behind that rock over there until people get through hurling that rotten fruit at me...
Wait...duck...here comes a piece now...
SPLAT...too late!
Geesh...you guys can be a tough crowd to play for!
I do love ya my friend! I have also missed your "goofy" ways! LOL
Tossing you a piece of fruit~ not throwing it~~~Catch!!!

XO
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#483725 Feb 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks ..
;)

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#483726 Feb 3, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Truths, thanks.
"Salvation" is a gift you don't need to do anything for it...it was givin before creation if the "good" book is correct.
"Grace" is towards all creation.
((((Mike)))))) Your welcome (c:

His mercy is what provides grace to us all~ If He only loved NONsinners- He would have only Jesus as His child.

I hope that all is well for you- and am glad you were here when I came back in.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#483727 Feb 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Is when God say to you screw you too, that time you need worry.
Just like facing Hitler, right ?

Location hidden

#483728 Feb 3, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Like yellin' "FIRE!" in a crowd theater?
I know it! Varmints, ain't they?
I'm jist mad coz I didn't got ta sell freshmints!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#483729 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that all who say they are "Christian" are believers? Do you believe that all who say they are "Christian" are saved?
Nope. For many people involved in churches all over the nation,and the world,the title 'christian' has no more of a REAL,significant meaning than a mere job title at their job has in their REAL life away from their job.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483730 Feb 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
ALERT ALERT ALERT
nah, just backslided a little, He returned, never will forsake us. Let there be light and there it was. LOL
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#483731 Feb 3, 2013
NOT G_O_D wrote:
Yep. The Christian interpretation of John places Jesus where Genesis never did.
That is rewriting the Torah and is blasphemy in Judaism.

Then again as a non-believer you are really no authority on the matter.

Jesus is the God & Creator of the old testament, part of the Godhead.

Light was created on the 1st & 4th days. On the 1st day was only found the light of God (also found in Rev 22, new world). On the 4th day were the sun moon and starlight all created visible, just as Adam Eve trees and animals were all created fully mature grown, thus starlight was visible.

We can however date the event with empirical observations..
-
According to astronomical observations, galaxies like our own experience about one supernova (a violently-exploding star) every 25 years. The gas and dust remnants from such explosions (like the Crab Nebula) expand outward rapidly and should remain visible for over a million years. Yet the nearby parts of our galaxy in which we could observe such gas and dust shells contain only 274 supernova remnants. That number is consistent with only about 7,000 years worth of supernovas.

According to astronomers model, the SNR should reach a diameter of about 300 light years after 120,000 years. So if our galaxy was billions of years old, we should be able to observe many SNRs this size. But if our galaxy is 6,000-10,000 years old, no SNRs would have had time to reach this size. So the number of observed SNRs of a particular size is an excellent test of whether the galaxy is old or young. In fact, the results are consistent with a universe thousands of years old, but are a puzzle if the universe has existed for billions of years.
http://creation.com/exploding-stars-point-to-...
http://www.mrao.cam.ac.uk/surveys/snrs

also earth's baserocks are not a result of big bangism and bazzillions of years as 'science' claims.

http://www.halos.com/reports/science-1974-per...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#483732 Feb 3, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Lawest,you and your 'I could CHOOSE to turn my back on God POSSEE' are always talking about how you have the 'power' to 'give God's salvation back to Him' and rebel against Him,I guess,the way the one-third of holy angels did in heaven when they CHOSE to listen to Lucifer/Satan. Botton line: What you guys believe about salvation is nothing but pure IGNORANCE. If YOU,Lawset,were totally sinless,and you lived in a realm were sin never existed,and then you stood before some LIAR telling a bunch of CLEVERLY SPOKEN LIES about your Creator and Father,THAT YOU KNEW WEREN'T TRUE,but you allowed yourself to entertain the thought of that LIAR possibly being 'on to something',and you CHOSE TO BELIEVE THAT LIAR,and abandon your 'first estate',then,YES,I would say that you would be in R-E-A-L trouble,as far as your soul is concerned. But tell me,WHY,Lawest,o' bright 'son of the morning',would any sane believer in the Lord Jesus Christ want to 'abandon their salvation' and return to the lost ways of the world,knowing that Judgement Day destruction awaits them at the Great Throne Judgement?? ENLIGHTEN me,'o anointed cherub of Christ!
Because my good doctor each of us are a battlefield for an on going spiritual war, that is why the Word tells us to put on the whole armor of God so that we may withstand the wiles of the devil and our faith in God is both our sword and our shield. You ask why would someone want to return to a life of sin?.........because as the saying goes.........the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, and if we don't use the weapons of prayer and faith and keep our focus on Christ and his Word we can lose our focus and gradually slip back into bad habits which can lead back into the things that we use to do that condemned our souls, regular fasting along with prayer and obedience are also effective weapons to keeping us strong in Christ, and also and perhaps most important of all is for a saint to stay up under the Word preached because the Word preached is food to our souls for us to grow on and stay strong just as natural food sustains the human body.

Peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Catcher1 841,577
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min Patrick Daniels 591,343
Beautiful Contemporary Instumental NEW AGE MUSI... 41 min Doctor REALITY 2
Ask Me A Trivia Question -- 2 -- (Mar '10) 45 min andet1987 191,506
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 3,092
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 4,769
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 271,465
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 100,205
More from around the web