Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#483642 Feb 3, 2013
The Screacher, by TwB

"Here is the answer!", the Screacher proclaimed,
head slowly turning, a finger well aimed,
atop Holy Hill, so recently named,
a hollow stone circle aligned with the sun,
when the onlookers onlooked it surprised everyone.

"Don't be alarmed!", the Screacher assured,
"The blindness will pass, if immediately cured,
here is the answer, that I have procured,
but supplies are quite limited just so you know,
believe in my power, it's pay as you go."

"If you are too poor", the Screacher appealed,
"then you may assist to see that others are healed,
tell all your friends of the truth I revealed,
curing the blind is only the start,
much more you will receive for playing your part."

Many believed and so eagerly payed,
many saw wisdom in what was displayed,
many saw power, some were afraid,
many gave money to the Screacher that day,
many did not know what they were giving away.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#483643 Feb 3, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
And I love Dr Shrink's tiny man pole.
you are simple p.....head full of s....
posing my awatar answering to yourselvs and lie before God

you are simple POS,that is all
fart on you and your poser avatars

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#483644 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that you know who is saved and who is not.
Many people act as if they are saved but they are not.
2Tim 3:1, This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Pay particular attention to verses 5 and 7.
You see I don't have a problem with comprehension as you have stated, which in itself is condescending to me, and it does offend me. Additionally another condescension I noted in your post in your effort to offend others is by referring to Grace as "Gracie." Now is that any way for a "Christian" to speak toward another?
Drew, verses 5 and 7 of the scriptures you posted really fits several people who posts on this thread unfortunately, and your response to my post is also ironic for accusing me of determining who is saved and who is not when you just said thst the person in my scenario was never truly saved because he had backslide, BLL in response to your post pointed out your error perfectly and I hope you read it.

As for your friend Grace..........since the term GRACE is used so frequently here as apart of the ongoing debate over the OSAS theology I use the name "Gracie" to avoid confusion among those who may not be following these debates too closely and not so much being disrespectful to her.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#483645 Feb 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
The Screacher, by TwB
"Here is the answer!", the Screacher proclaimed,
head slowly turning, a finger well aimed,
atop Holy Hill, so recently named,
a hollow stone circle aligned with the sun,
when the onlookers onlooked it surprised everyone.
"Don't be alarmed!", the Screacher assured,
"The blindness will pass, if immediately cured,
here is the answer, that I have procured,
but supplies are quite limited just so you know,
believe in my power, it's pay as you go."
"If you are too poor", the Screacher appealed,
"then you may assist to see that others are healed,
tell all your friends of the truth I revealed,
curing the blind is only the start,
much more you will receive for playing your part."
Many believed and so eagerly payed,
many saw wisdom in what was displayed,
many saw power, some were afraid,
many gave money to the Screacher that day,
many did not know what they were giving away.
post Jesus sayings not cheap worthless crap

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#483646 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder what it means if for some reason they can't play at all...bad storm...building falls in...some rapidly spreading illness afflicts the players???
That's easy.

Satan.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#483647 Feb 3, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the 1st question would be... Why are you searching for something "that you know" is not real?
who would not want the ridiculous promises of religion, were they even a little true?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#483648 Feb 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian v. Christian.
Go figure.
Maybe Lawest thinks God wants the 49ers to win, and Apples insists He favors the Ravens?
Actually I want the RAVENS to win for two reasons..........because It is Ray Lewis's last game and it'll be nice to see him go out on top, and because the 49ers best my team the FALCONS to get there.

Go RAVENS. ;)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#483649 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder what it means if for some reason they can't play at all...bad storm...building falls in...some rapidly spreading illness afflicts the players???
I think that means the "Celtics" win.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#483650 Feb 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Drew. Sure, I'll answer your questions.
No you do not make it a habit of posting in a condescending manner to anyone regardless of their beliefs. In fact I guarantee you if you asked everyone that posts in here that same question the vast majority would say you are one of the kindest and fairest posters in here.
And I agree with you on your question of knowing "who's saved and who isn't". It's just another example of the "double standards" the two of them use with many things that are talked about in here.
I'll check back in later. Gonna kick back and watch the Super Bowl.
My prediction is: San Fransisco 27, Baltimore 23.
Yeah..........knowing YOU it would be, lol.

Location hidden

#483652 Feb 3, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning HFN... because I kinda figured that you might still say this...(your next quote)
<quoted text>
At one point you seem to be saying that you concede the fact that it is unprovable and then in the next sentence you say that the Christian God does not exist! That's it's easy to show.
<quoted text>I wholeheartedly agree yet Atheists still BELIEVE in it.
atheists do not "believe"

why would you ever use such a filthy word?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#483653 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Here it is folks, Lawest100, the judge.
Another condescending post from you. When will they end?
Ahhh..........there goes that ol' double standard hypocrisy again, if I am judging then I am only judge no. 2 behind RA to whom post I was responding to.

Location hidden

#483654 Feb 3, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Anyways, I haven't seen anyone use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God yet.
the stupidity of your dogma, is evidence enough

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#483655 Feb 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
When did this verse apply?
Matt.6
[14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
[15] but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Could the Jews before the sacrifice be forgiven simply by forgiving others and if not why doesn't it still apply today? And if so, why would they need the sacrifice?
I can see where you are going with the other question and that is to say now the gospel is open to both Jew and Gentile where it wasn't before so now salvation is the same for them where it wasn't before. I disagree but I will understand better where you are coming from if you address the verses in Matthew as that is what it was all based on including asking about salvation being the same. I believe those verses show the teachings of Christ have always applied to everyone and still do but if you can address the questions asked about Matthew 6 I would appreciate it. Thank you
The passage is not teaching that everlasting life is based on our forgiving other people. However, it does teach that our relationship with God is damaged when we refuse to forgive those who have offended us. Nobody will be able to stand before God demanding that their sins be forgiven simply because they have forgiven others. Only when we are reborn and given a new life through the Holy Spirit by faith in Jesus are our sins forgiven. Therefore, Jesus is not referring to Godís initial act of forgiveness, which in fact reconciles us back to God, that we experienced when we first believed the Gospel.

You see we need daily cleansing, and by confessing, God restores that fellowship between Himself and us. This is not the wholesale cleansing that we received when we first believed. It's like when Jesus washed the disciples' feet. He didn't wash all of them, just their feet.

It's also teaching that if we pray with unforgiveness in our hearts that God will not hear our prayers and they will be ineffective. Matthew 6 is basically teaching the disciples how to pray and what to pray. It has nothing to do with salvation. So we can't just take two verses out of the whole chapter, or for that matter, the entire sermon on the mount (which was to His disciples and not to the multitude which is a common misconception held on to today) and use them to justify our beliefs, and that goes for any scripture.

It would be quite hypocritical of me or you or any believer to pray to God asking for forgiveness when we are harboring any unforgiveness in our hearts. So I believe that it is impossible to walk in true fellowship with God if we refuse to forgive others.

Therefore, to answer your question, the passage and not just those two verses, is applicable for all times.

And Steve, I'm going to address those other passages as well, especially Hebrews 6, but not tonight. I'm going to enjoy the Super Bowl. And just so you know, that I'm not avoiding anything, I do have bb games every night this week as the end of the varsity regular season winds up this week, middle school tournaments are in full swing and there are still make-up games that have to be played due to last Friday night's (Jan. 25th) postponements due to icy roads in the upstate. And by the way, I haven't read all the way back through everything since Wednesday, but Wednesday was the only night, except Sundays, that I have had off for three weeks, so I haven't been avoiding anything. I simply have not had the time.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#483656 Feb 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, which is it, Ravens or Niners?
Truly, I only want to see a competitive game. I really don't care who wins.

Location hidden

#483657 Feb 3, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so then you would agree then that sex with animals is abnormal sexual activity and disgusting. Right?
the ethical "problem" is that the animal cannot give "informed consent". The same situation exists when one person is mentally a child.

your reference to disgust, suggests you have "sexual issues", perhaps if you avoided the barn, you would have less strange desires.

Location hidden

#483658 Feb 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find ironic is normally the person mocking people for arguing over scripture that they have a vested in is normally an unbeliever who has spent just as much time arguing with believers over scripture they don't even believe in a religion they already left
The condescension seems to grow proportionally with the years after the departure as it is the easiest way to convince one's self they made the right choice. Of course if they considered how they used to be one of the people for most their lives that they now mock and call stupid among other things one might wonder just how hard they are trying to convince themselves
You know how I know when someone has left something hand has no regrets? When they leave it in the rear-view mirror. How many times has someone bent your ear off telling you about an ex boyfriend or girlfriend they claim they are over? Yet people spend hours a day who left Christianity, talking about Christianity to Christians and I gotta wonder is all I am saying
(T) Peace
every moral citizen has an obligation to stand against evil.

those whom have left christianity know the truth, and some are prepared to try to save the deluded from the filth of abrahamic belief

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#483659 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly, I only want to see a competitive game. I really don't care who wins.
7-3 Ravens right now.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#483660 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Drew, verses 5 and 7 of the scriptures you posted really fits several people who posts on this thread unfortunately, and your response to my post is also ironic for accusing me of determining who is saved and who is not when you just said thst the person in my scenario was never truly saved because he had backslide, BLL in response to your post pointed out your error perfectly and I hope you read it.
As for your friend Grace..........since the term GRACE is used so frequently here as apart of the ongoing debate over the OSAS theology I use the name "Gracie" to avoid confusion among those who may not be following these debates too closely and not so much being disrespectful to her.
Well you said they were saved and then they weren't. How do you know that?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#483661 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah..........knowing YOU it would be, lol.
More condescension.

Is that part of the fruit of the Spirit?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#483662 Feb 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
7-3 Ravens right now.
Yep, it looks like it's going to be a good one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 25 min andet1987 1,085
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 29 min yon 3,042
John Holmes(white man)had biggest penis in history (Dec '08) 38 min andet1987 74
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min RoSesz 542,024
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 48 min Eagle 12 227,365
How many Americans don't like Obama......just b... 52 min andet1987 13
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 55 min AussieBobby 259,121
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr thewordofme 738,577
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 95,412
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr gto 173,632
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••