simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483608 Feb 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And you're really bad at accusing me of things I haven't done, don't do, or won't do.
<quoted text>And I never even implied anything different. I'm well aware of His discipline and His reasons for disciplining us. But, you'll have me believe that just because a person gets disciplined by "God," then that's it. It's the strait and narrow from then on out. But, as I know, that's the furthest from the truth. I mean, yes. That's the preferred outcome, but such a result is not guaranteed.
Might I suggest the same that I suggested to Grace Walker. Read the bible more. And as much as you can, try to learn it by heart. This way, you might remember more verses than only those you believe proves your case. For example, it's written, "Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die."
Point #1: The corrected, in this verse, forsook the way. Therefore, we can most easily conclude that at one point in time, or another, the corrected was in the way. But, because they forsook the way, correction became grievous to them.
Point #2: Correction became grievous to them, therefore we can easily conclude that they came to hate correction, or reproof, as it's worded. And as it's written, the one that forsakes the way and comes to hate correction and reproof will die.
And now, this brings us to Hebrews 12:5-11. I suggest you pay close attention to what's written.
"My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby."
I suggest you not ignore that "God" deals with us as His children if we endure His correction. And what's the expected fruit that's expected by "God"? Is it not righteousness?
<quoted text>Did I say anything about a person that committed one sin and died? Or, did I ask about people that return to a sinful lifestyle and don't repent before they die? There's a major difference between what I asked and what you just said.
<quoted text>That's exactly what I said. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? If I had died before I repented and while I was still engulfed in my sins, I would not have been saved. Saying "Lord, Lord" is not enough to be saved. It's written, "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."
BLL, what I meant by twisting things.(and you do)

..you said I contradicted myself when I said they were still saved but there would be consequences or they would be disciplined by God., if they died in their sins...if they BELIEVED before their onset of SINNING.

You have to have TRUST in GOD. FAITH, without seeing HIM, CONFIDENCE in His word. You can't just READ the Bible, and memorize it, You have to FEEL the word.

Even though I BELIEVE that once I accepted Jesus into my Heart, He will never leave me or forsake me or deny me my Salvation, God will still Repromand or discipline me for doing wrong!

We know a true Christian by their fruits they produce, many scriptures are there for us on this....out of space

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#483609 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I have yet to gather that Grace has stated or implied that which you have said concerning the teachings of Jesus. I use the entire Bible in my studies and discount nothing. However all things written must be taken in their proper context to get the full meaning thereof. In other words, no one has the liberty of taking a verse or even a few verses to make a point. It all has to be taken together.
2. To me, it is obvious that a person as you have described was never a believer.
So, how about the questions I asked you?
Do you believe that all who say they are "Christian" are believers? Do you believe that all who say they are "Christian" are saved?
And one more: Do you believe that all who say they are believers truly are believers?
To answer
your question in a more direct way that you will understand it..........NO..........I do not believe everyone that says they are a "christian" are truly one, not in the least nor is everyone who says that they are a "christian" is truly a Christian and your third question is only synonymous with your first two..........NO.

And perhaps like myself you don't carefully read the posts of others if not address directly to you but Gracie did imply that not all of the Lord's teachings are to be obeyed before his D.B.R. and like I said for example when she said that we did not have to forgive those who have trespassed against us. Also the person that I described was a saved individual who fell from grace and was just as saved as anyone else ever was, this is where the OSAS doctrine fails and contradicts it, see Revelation 22: 15 which says for without are Dogs (paraphasing here and not the four legged kind) Gracie and Doc R both answered this question and said yes that that man will STILL be saved in the end regardless, which I found incredible and completely contradictory to God's Word.

Peace.

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#483610 Feb 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't avoided anything RA
He posted those who believe will have everlasting life.
Wrong, he didn't post just about "everlasting life". He also posted about those that believe in Christ "will not come into judgment". And you clearly avoided the verse he posted that talked about that.

Do you really think people aren't seeing the lies you're telling?

John 5:24.

24 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, AND SHALL NOT COME INTO JUDGMENT, BUT HAS PASSED FROM DEATH UNTO LIFE.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483611 Feb 3, 2013
continue BLL

Many scriptures on what a true Chrisian is Mark 12:24-30, 11Tim 3: 15-17, Matt 4:4, Luke4:4, Deut 8:3

A Christian is one who has come to realize that he/she had been under the permanent death penalty and he/she NEEDS a SAVIOR. Romans 6:23

Location hidden

#483612 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I very much agree, I could respect him more if he would at least attempt to back up what he is saying with scripture, and I can understand your frustration at being called "blind" and not even having it explained why to you.
Peace.
Open up your eyes and stop lying lawest. Drew is and has been backing up what he's saying with scripture. As the following link from just a couple hours ago proves.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
_______

***It's unbelievable how this guy and skom think they can get away with the lies they're telling!!!***

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#483613 Feb 3, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So your mother and siblings could be atheist, but they'd be saved anyway because you are?
Interesting.
I guess I'm saved then, since my sister is WAY saved.
Does that mean I can do all kinds of bad stuff now and still go to heaven if there turns out to be one?
Because that's what I REALLY want to do.
Being atheist and all...
my third cousin is saved

wahoooo
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483615 Feb 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Drew. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Following along this afternoon I notice that while Skom has been going on and on and on over the past couple of days about you not addressing the scripture he has posted (which you have in posts after this one) he continues to avoid the scriptures you posted here. He has yet to even come close to addressing them. All he's done is respond to your answers (and questions as well) with more questions.
I guess he doesn't see the hypocritical double standard he uses that everyone else sees. Nobody should be surprised though seeing as that's the way he's always been.
Have a great day. God bless.
Glad to see you are back and okay, RA --been wondering about you.

I hadn't talked with you or see you on since your surgery, I know now you were on since surgery, but I didn't see you.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#483616 Feb 3, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
my third cousin is saved
wahoooo
Which team do you think god favors in the Super Bowl?

San Francisco, or Baltimore?

I ask because, very often following a game, players on the winning team thank god for the victory.

Location hidden

#483617 Feb 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I understand brother... as Ians had said in an earlier post... that he hadn't tithed to the church in 35 years (not that tithing will save you)... but his point was that OSAS was threatening to the church because if that is true then he has nothing to worry about. I took note of that and though he is an atheist... "he gets it".
:)
<quoted text>
.. why do Christians squabble over doctrine ??..
If it is honorable to "believe" without evidence, then one may believe themselves in perfect harmony with the god, and yet remain honorable. If another who professes "belief" disagrees with any (small) portion, then they are not a true believer

that is why Patty speaks for god, is consort to Jesus, and if you doubt that, then you are not a true christian.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#483619 Feb 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Open up your eyes and stop lying lawest. Drew is and has been backing up what he's saying with scripture. As the following link from just a couple hours ago proves.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
_______
***It's unbelievable how this guy and skom think they can get away with the lies they're telling!!!***
RA..........I hope you are doing well in regards to your physical health because you are just as sick spiritually as you ever were.

Blessings.

Location hidden

#483620 Feb 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Watch out! Be on your guard agaist all kinds of greed;for a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.
And he told them a parable.The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop.He thought to himself what shall I do.I have no place to store my crop.
Then he said,This is what I'll do I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones and there I will store all my grains and my goods.And I'll say to myself You have plenty of good things laid up for many years.Take life easy eat,drink and be merry.
But God said to him.You FOOL this very night your life will be demanded from you.Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself.
This is how it will be with everyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.
be sure to give all of your wealth to the church.

what are you waiting for?
Do you know the hour of your death?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#483621 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote: "2) Do you believe that a person who was saved in the Lord Jesus..........heard the gospel, baptized in his name, received the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues, grew in grace over a long period of time, but later backslide into a full blown life of sinning, totally turned his back on the Lord lying stealing drinking murdering and died in that state without having ever made it back unto the Christ.........will that person still be saved yes or no."

Drew H replied: "2. To me, it is obvious that a person as you have described was never a believer."

Before I say anything of my own thoughts, I'd like to share the following, please and if we don't mind.

It's written, "For into a malicious soul wisdom shall not enter; nor dwell in the body that is subject unto sin. For the Holy Spirit of discipline will flee deceit, and remove from thoughts that are without understanding, and will not abide when unrighteousness cometh in."

Furthermore, Luke wrote, "And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit, even as he did unto us."

The New International Version words it as such: "God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us."

Now, again, LAWEST100 gave an illustration of a person that "was saved in the Lord Jesus..........heard the gospel, baptized in his name, received the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues," and "grew in grace over a long period of time." But, then this same person "later backslide into a full blown life of sinning, totally turned his back on the Lord lying stealing drinking murdering and died in that state without having ever made it back unto the Christ." Then, LAWEST100 asked, "will that person still be saved yes or no."

Drew H responded, "To me, it is obvious that a person as you have described was never a believer."

Never?

Now, how does Drew H's answer coincide with what's written?! And how come Drew H can know such a person's heart and intentions, but nobody else can?

The fact of the matter is, the person in LAWEST100's illustration would never have received the Holy Spirit to begin with if they never believed in the first place, as it's written! With that being said, Drew H made a grave mistake by answering without knowing the word of "God" and in that, the stipulations to being blessed with endowment of the Holy Spirit. And if Drew H knew what the word of "God" says, but decided to answer according to how he believes rather than what's written, then shame on him!

Shame on him.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#483622 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
You will know them by their fruit.
that not you place. fruits of the spirit long suffering patience love kindness temperance, etc not only Christians do them things. That for long time trip me up with buddhism because these fruits that Christians talk about many people in other religions including buddhism do them to.

So really only God Jesus know who is really a true believer, you is human and your perceptions and judgments about another believer will always be slanted and flawed no matter how holy you think you is.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#483623 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> To answer
your question in a more direct way that you will understand it..........NO..........I do not believe everyone that says they are a "christian" are truly one, not in the least nor is everyone who says that they are a "christian" is truly a Christian and your third question is only synonymous with your first two..........NO.
And perhaps like myself you don't carefully read the posts of others if not address directly to you but Gracie did imply that not all of the Lord's teachings are to be obeyed before his D.B.R. and like I said for example when she said that we did not have to forgive those who have trespassed against us. Also the person that I described was a saved individual who fell from grace and was just as saved as anyone else ever was, this is where the OSAS doctrine fails and contradicts it, see Revelation 22: 15 which says for without are Dogs (paraphasing here and not the four legged kind) Gracie and Doc R both answered this question and said yes that that man will STILL be saved in the end regardless, which I found incredible and completely contradictory to God's Word.
Peace.
So what you are saying is that you know who is saved and who is not.

Many people act as if they are saved but they are not.

2Tim 3:1, This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Pay particular attention to verses 5 and 7.

You see I don't have a problem with comprehension as you have stated, which in itself is condescending to me, and it does offend me. Additionally another condescension I noted in your post in your effort to offend others is by referring to Grace as "Gracie." Now is that any way for a "Christian" to speak toward another?

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#483624 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> RA..........I hope you are doing well in regards to your physical health because you are just as sick spiritually as you ever were.
Blessings.
Here it is folks, Lawest100, the judge.

Another condescending post from you. When will they end?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483625 Feb 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
LAWEST100 wrote: "2) Do you believe that a person who was saved in the Lord Jesus..........heard the gospel, baptized in his name, received the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues, grew in grace over a long period of time, but later backslide into a full blown life of sinning, totally turned his back on the Lord lying stealing drinking murdering and died in that state without having ever made it back unto the Christ.........will that person still be saved yes or no."
Drew H replied: "2. To me, it is obvious that a person as you have described was never a believer."
It's written, "For into a malicious soul wisdom shall not enter; nor dwell in the body that is subject unto sin. For the Holy Spirit of discipline will flee deceit, and remove from thoughts that are without understanding, and will not abide when unrighteousness cometh in."
Furthermore, Luke wrote, "And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit, even as he did unto us."
The New International Version words it as such: "God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us."
Now, again, LAWEST100 gave an illustration of a person that "was saved in the Lord Jesus..........heard the gospel, baptized in his name, received the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues," and "grew in grace over a long period of time." But, then this same person "later backslide into a full blown life of sinning, totally turned his back on the Lord lying stealing drinking murdering and died in that state without having ever made it back unto the Christ." Then, LAWEST100 asked, "will that person still be saved yes or no."
Drew H responded, "To me, it is obvious that a person as you have described was never a believer."
Never?
Now, how does Drew H's answer coincide with what's written?! And how come Drew H can know such a person's heart and intentions, but nobody else can?
The fact of the matter is, the person in LAWEST100's illustration would never have received the Holy Spirit to begin with if they never believed in the first place, as it's written! With that being said, Drew H made a grave mistake by answering without knowing the word of "God" and in that, the stipulations to being blessed with endowment of the Holy Spirit. And if Drew H knew what the word of "God" says, but decided to answer according to how he believes rather than what's written, then shame on him!
Shame on him.
You are so way off course on this one!. Read what you have just written in the above post.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#483626 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> RA..........I hope you are doing well in regards to your physical health because you are just as sick spiritually as you ever were.
Blessings.
iyai!. you is one of the most judgmental Christians I see on this billboard. You judge that dr realty writer and now you judging another Jesus follower. Bible say by their fruits ye shall know them. As I say is not just Christians alone exhibits the fruits the bible talk about. But it very strange when a Christian NOT bearing those fruits. You answer for yourself is you think you bearing fruits of the spirit with how you judge some Jesus followers on here.

Location hidden

#483627 Feb 3, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see you are back and okay, RA --been wondering about you.
I hadn't talked with you or see you on since your surgery, I know now you were on since surgery, but I didn't see you.
I'm doing fine, hope you are as well. I've been kind of busy with my Cardiac Rehab and many Doctors appointments, so I haven't had much time to post. But now that I'm back I see things haven't changed much. I guess all we can do is share the truth from God's Word and leave it at that.

God bless.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483628 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Here it is folks, Lawest100, the judge.
Another condescending post from you. When will they end?
yep--

Kinda sounded a little hypocritical to me.

Says, I love you brother, in the same breath, sticks a knife in his back.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

planet earth, for now

#483629 Feb 3, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Drew. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Following along this afternoon I notice that while Skom has been going on and on and on over the past couple of days about you not addressing the scripture he has posted (which you have in posts after this one) he continues to avoid the scriptures you posted here. He has yet to even come close to addressing them. All he's done is respond to your answers (and questions as well) with more questions.
I guess he doesn't see the hypocritical double standard he uses that everyone else sees. Nobody should be surprised though seeing as that's the way he's always been.
Have a great day. God bless.
Hi RA. Could you answer a couple of questions?

I know that our beliefs differ from some of the other posters in here and we express our beliefs, but do I make it a habit of posting in a condescending manner to those whose beliefs differ from mine?

And if they believe that no one can know who is saved and who is not saved, then how can they say that they knew someone who was saved but isn't anymore when they believe no one can know whether one is saved or not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Stilgar Fifrawi 838,139
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 589,986
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min Just Think 99,839
Teknolojik Düzeyi,Üstün Hizmet ve Servis Kalite... 27 min boschbsg22 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min Grey Ghostmoron 271,331
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 40 min Lyndi 176,910
BOSCH TECHNICAL SERVICE 342 00 24 / MOBIL PLUS ... 41 min boschbsg22 1
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 2 hr Raja 30
More from around the web