Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#483673 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Because the Bible is very clear on the subject of salvation and backsliding, remember the dog who returns to his own vomit?
Are you saying that God is slack in His Job?(2 Corinthians 1:21-22 NIV) Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ.. ITS GOD who MAKES us stand FIRM in Christ.

(Philippians 2:13 NLT) For God is working in you, giving you the "desire" to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him. We can not walk in obedience by our own efforts, it is the work of the Holy Spirit in us that gives us the ability and the desire to love and obey.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#483674 Feb 3, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Backsliding is completely different that NOT BELIEVING.
Yes I know. Not believing is someone who don't believe the gospel and so they won't come unto the glorious light of the gospel of Jesus Christ, however I believe that unbelief CAN play a major part in a person backsliding away from God.

Blessings.
mike

AOL

#483675 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Only through Jesus Christ we are offered grace, a free gift. This is contrary to human nature, which in pride says "I can do it myself". Jesus says yes I gave you life and I gave you power to choose, it is your choice. So we choose love and give our life to Jesus and rest in Him, or we choose pride becoming God's enemy, trying to WORK i.e..become perfect and climb up to heaven another way besides through Jesus.(John 14:6 NKJV) Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me SO that tells us that no matter how hard we "Strive" to be perfect. It still wont get us into Heaven. Of course we sill strive to do the will of God at all times but NOT to get to heaven!! Jesus paid that price for us..
The deeper I get into knowing and experiencing God one thing becomes more and more clear. Every failure I experience causes me to humbly become more dependent upon God's Grace, causing me to decrease and Jesus to increase in my life. All and every success I have is not mine but rather a result of God's grace at work in me. Spiritual success has nothing to do with me or the things that I do or don't do; EXCEPT for the CHOICE to BOTH "accept and live in grace", OR "reject the free gift by rejecting God and His Love". I can't add anything to grace and I can't take anything away from it.
Hello G walker

Are you trying to present yourself as "Holy"?

Location hidden

#483676 Feb 3, 2013
God's grace does not depend on our efforts or works it totally depends upon God.

(Romans 9:15-16 NIV) For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." {16} It does NOT, therefore, depend on MANS desire or effort, but on "God's mercy"..

Doesnt get any clearer than this..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#483677 Feb 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to make a joke from a movie line in Silence of The Lambs where Dr Lecter says the the FBI agent interrogating him that "People will say we're in love". It was basically over small congenial interaction and but because they perceived to be in natural opposition to one another it was said facetiously
I don't know if you have seen the movie. It is a pretty wild movie if you haven't. But joking aside I am glad we have been bridging the gap. And that is how it should be. We are both believers who want many of the same things out of life and our walk
(T) Peace
This movie sound like one of those hair raisers,as you said it is pretty wild.No have not seen this one.But get your drift of what you are saying.Ya know stom I not a good runner and poor follower I was one of those self drummers guess that makes me part of who I am.Sometimes times I speak when I should be quite then sometimes be quite when I should have spoke.A human fault.But my two cents I put in was done with sincerity and honesty.(((Now joking with you only as the song sings thats my story and I am sticking to it)))God bless.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#483678 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that God is slack in His Job?(2 Corinthians 1:21-22 NIV) Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ.. ITS GOD who MAKES us stand FIRM in Christ.
(Philippians 2:13 NLT) For God is working in you, giving you the "desire" to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him. We can not walk in obedience by our own efforts, it is the work of the Holy Spirit in us that gives us the ability and the desire to love and obey.
Where did you get that in my post that I implied that "God is slack in his job"?

You are correct in the rest of your post concerning that the Holy Ghost will have to live this life through us, didn't Christ tell us that 'WITHOUT ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING'?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#483679 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Drew, NO, you have been one of the most patient and nicest poster on here. Continue being YOU. To be honest, you have been an example to follow. Maybe thats whats eating at them because none of the rest of us has been a very good example at representing Jesus Christ. I can admit when I am wrong. Makes me wonder what their true intentions are for being on here. If someone isn't uplifting the Name of Jesus and showing Gods Love then the only thing that really shows is Human pride and ego. YOU have shown for Christ-like behavior than all the rest of us Combined. Envy may be another "works of the Flesh" that gets thrown around on here too. God Bless You for being a better example.
I am sorry GW
Drew indeed is nic spiritualy poster
BUT NUMBER 1 EXAMPLE IS TO FOLLOW IS ONLY OUR GREAT TEACHER JESUS CHRIST,NOT HUMAN,NOR EARTHLY CHURCH FULL OF DEVIL SPIRIT INFECTIONS AND POISON

God bless you GW

Location hidden

#483680 Feb 3, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello G walker
Absolutely not Mike..Jesus Christ will present me as Holy. Thats what His ressurecction was all about. I am nobody in mans eyes but I sure am somebody in Gods Eyes. Not bragging on me, BUT I sure am bragging on God

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#483681 Feb 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is Timbo....Right?
He is on Facebook...But very rarely posts on it...I have sent Birthday wishes but no response. He lives close to ArtGal (Lori)
Number 3339..Is that a good Cribbage hand?
Hi Epi.

Yes, Timbo..

I worry about him because of his heart.. what he has shared
with us
here..

The talk of missionaries brought him to mind..
He is a favorite of mine..
:)
-as are you..

-3339 is a good hand. 6 plus 9 is 15..so 6 points there..
and 6 pts. for your triple three's- pairs..
maybe a 3 or a 9 for a cut card?
It's a fun game..do you own a cribbage board?

Best to you!
xo

Location hidden

#483682 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Where did you get that in my post that I implied that "God is slack in his job"?
You are correct in the rest of your post concerning that the Holy Ghost will have to live this life through us, didn't Christ tell us that 'WITHOUT ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING'?
Hi Lawest..I was refering to "a dog returning to his vomit". I was just sharing something with you. Not being critizing at all really. Sorry, I didnt mean any harm.

Location hidden

#483683 Feb 3, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry GW
Drew indeed is nic spiritualy poster
BUT NUMBER 1 EXAMPLE IS TO FOLLOW IS ONLY OUR GREAT TEACHER JESUS CHRIST,NOT HUMAN,NOR EARTHLY CHURCH FULL OF DEVIL SPIRIT INFECTIONS AND POISON
God bless you GW
Hi Shrink..No need to apologize to me. I understand and of course Jesus is the only true example but I was talking about His followers NOT being an example. We should be an example and I believe Drew was being More of an example than any of us who claim to be a Christian. Thanks for pointing that out. Have a great night. God Bless.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#483684 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lawest..I was refering to "a dog returning to his vomit". I was just sharing something with you. Not being critizing at all really. Sorry, I didnt mean any harm.
Don't worry about it, I apologize if I read you wrong.

Location hidden

#483685 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I know. Not believing is someone who don't believe the gospel and so they won't come unto the glorious light of the gospel of Jesus Christ, however I believe that unbelief CAN play a major part in a person backsliding away from God.
Blessings.
Amen!! Great Post Lawest.. I still believe that God will wait for their return. Just like the prodical son. Remember the verse..I believe it is in Philippians..(not sure) but it says, HE who began a good work in you, will carry it on to completion?? God promises to carry it on to completion. I Love Gods Promises.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#483686 Feb 3, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Apostolic, Pentecostal, Church of God. NonDenominational, and some Southern Baptist I believe they all believe this way. I do, and I believe they will die in their sins and go to hell, if they have not repented...But, just because you have not heard him repent, if in his last moments of life, he asked God to forgive him in his mind, then he is forgiven Unfortunatly some don't get that chance. There is a hell......and people needs to know if they do not follow the law of the land.....God's commandments he may be in harms way of going to hell......If you think you are to good to follow God's word and the law of the land......and not repent. Hell will be waiting for you. My opinion.
I don't think regular Christian Churches, Methodists, and Catholics have skipped some, believes that way, Reg Baptist and Traditional Baptist. Some churches who have started their own no sin preaching/New Age I believe they think once saved always saved. Or if you tell the priest, he will for give you and go to God for you, and your forgiven... Christian Churchs believe speaking in other tongues is white magic, least I have been told that by a Christian Church preacher.
This is where Grace and I disagree.
DURING YOUR LIFE TIME,
you get a job as little earthly devil to create little hell for your american fellow citizens who broke human law,were sentenced and you as guard tomented them all your active lifes, destoyning their private from lovers lettters, destoyng theis belongings in the cells,beating them with your iron stick

Now none of your churches is going to save you from worse heel,because you haave to be now in their skin to understand how horible atrocities you comitted against your fellow imrisoned citizen man and women

rest of your life is misery,accidents,sickness,high blood presures,and death-hell worse as those who suffered your vile wicked life protected by law of this country

also your beliefs are null,nothing,nor any fulfilment of your misearable lost left behind future life

still exist time to repent, loud cry to God on your sick belly with hand raise to the heaven ashes and dirt thrown on your head with feew grey hair,and lumps bought from local thrift stories or flomarket

dr Shrink sincerely pray for you,you most poor and wicked female with mouths full of lies,hates,rascistic remarks and nationalistic hates against foreigners

quit also american criminal slang because normal poeople and fellow honest citizens just hate criminal american crocked slang

and now go away,take shower, wash your fat body,and go sleep without of farts or badly snoring, before sleep for 5 minutes chase all bed bugs from your bed-if you got any?

good night mama vile and wicked citizen and old croocked american fella of this country
mike

AOL

#483687 Feb 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It does.... but so does fighting :)
Thanks
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#483689 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Shrink..No need to apologize to me. I understand and of course Jesus is the only true example but I was talking about His followers NOT being an example. We should be an example and I believe Drew was being More of an example than any of us who claim to be a Christian. Thanks for pointing that out. Have a great night. God Bless.
thanks
I get more clear light about you and your inside?
,smile>

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#483690 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!! Great Post Lawest.. I still believe that God will wait for their return. Just like the prodical son. Remember the verse..I believe it is in Philippians..(not sure) but it says, HE who began a good work in you, will carry it on to completion?? God promises to carry it on to completion. I Love Gods Promises.
Amen.

Location hidden

#483691 Feb 3, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello G walker
SEE Mike..Jesus will "present us Holy"

Yet now HE (GOD) has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in HIS physical body. "As a result", HE (Jesus) has brought you into HIS own presence, and YOU are "holy and blameless" as you stand before HIM (GOD) "without a single fault".

Thats the Grace of God..

Doctor REALITY

United States

#483692 Feb 3, 2013
A ONE HUNDRED AND NINE YARD KICKOFF RETURN???!!! It's OVER!! Congradulations,Ray Lewis!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#483693 Feb 3, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Brilliant!
Evening Captain:
Awee fellow you gotta be one of a kind.Cause is nothing brilliant about it all just a part of my belief system My walk so to speak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Nohweh 110,803
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min PRES DONALD TRUMP 675,933
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min Voyeur 184,777
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 57 min Voyeur 39,232
Taking my kids 1 hr advicemama 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 288
Hell Angels motor cycle group (Jul '11) 3 hr Luscious 107
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 hr waaaasuuuup brother 982,119
More from around the web