|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Edit G

I would add a big part of accountability IMO is responsibility. And is some of the mitigated when people don't know better or don't have the tools?

I can't speak to who deserves saving. Then again nobody does.

I can't speak to what is fair as far as who is saved as I don't know who is saved

But if a man spends decades in prison (where he should be) until he dies and in that process learns how to become a man, how to become a decent human being, gets to know God, learns remorse for his crimes, and for all intensive purposes becomes almost a different person than the one who committed the crimes, at bare minimum should he not get to stand before God and let God decide?

I don't know who is saved. I can't say I know for certain how God will judge those that came to know him by a different name or not thru the bible. I can't speak to any of that for a fact as I can't know. I believe God to be just and to be fair so I trust His judgement to do what is right

But if as a society there can never be redemption, as a man there can never be redemption, if spiritually there can never be redemption than we are all screwed. And a society that places no value on forgiveness, has no belief in redemption and sees no profit in rehabilitation other than a self-serving one and there are no second chances is one I don't want to be a part of in this life or the next.

I don't know who is forgiven but I believe in forgiveness and am glad God forgives

(T) Peace

(T) Peace
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Skom.
Why?? Because he,Lawest,and Bruce Lee all believe they can lose their salvation every day??

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Skom.
Back atcha

:)

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Why?? Because he,Lawest,and Bruce Lee all believe they can lose their salvation every day??
No. I don't judge a person based on what they believe. I like them because I think they're nice, clever and funny. I like their posts because I don't know a lot of the law side of the Bible and it's interesting. I like you as well Docs :)
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I don't judge a person based on what they believe. I like them because I think they're nice, clever and funny. I like their posts because I don't know a lot of the law side of the Bible and it's interesting. I like you as well Docs :)
And I wike u two,Sweetie! ;)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Post all day,post all night. Such an interesting life you live. Is that how you pay your bills??
Haven't been on for two days and spent a couple hours catching up.

Funny that I see you all over Topix 24/7 spewing your hatred.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
But if as a society there can never be redemption, as a man there can never be redemption, if spiritually there can never be redemption than we are all screwed. And a society that places no value on forgiveness, has no belief in redemption and sees no profit in rehabilitation other than a self-serving one and there are no second chances is one I don't want to be a part of in this life or the next....
Agreed.
All I could say to God is "I honestly did the best I could" If that isn't good enough for God then screw him.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Why?? Because he,Lawest,and Bruce Lee all believe they can lose their salvation every day??
You have nothing to lose.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text> ... I took the comment about being saved by having children as a joke...
It just one of the stupid things Paul wrote. Sadly many think it is the "Word of God".

Women are to be silent, hide their hair (and faces according to some), be slaves to their husbands and have babies; they are good for nothing else. Blames Eve I guess.

Actually many scholars believe much of Paul's "commandments" were a result of his latent homosexuality.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Good morning, why do you continue to peddle that lie that we believe that we lose our salvation daily?.........what we believe is that you can lose your salvation by a willful act of turning away from Christ and going full blown back into a world of sin and degregation, according to an answered question from you that I asked sometime back a man can still be saved despite leaving his first love ( Christ ) and going fully back into the world sinning and dying in that state without making it back to God before having died, so stop lying on people and twisting our meaning asc well as thatnof the written Word.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>It just one of the stupid things Paul wrote. Sadly many think it is the "Word of God".

Women are to be silent, hide their hair (and faces according to some), be slaves to their husbands and have babies; they are good for nothing else. Blames Eve I guess.

Actually many scholars believe much of Paul's "commandments" were a result of his latent homosexuality.
Hmm... That's interesting. What do you know about Brethren beliefs?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing to lose.
Lol..........good morning D.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8). Thank you for your promises, Oh God! I want to draw closer to you, to feel your presence as never before. Fill me with reverence and awe and humbleness in your presence. Touch my soul and cover me in your joy and peace. Minister to me Lord, I pray. All praise and glory and honor be unto You. In the precious name of Jesus I come to you and trust in you, dear Lord. Amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Will see you(r) posts later....
Have a great day....May the BEST Tean win..(Just so its not Baltimore)....Bad taste from the Former Browns past....
:-)
I would be very dissapointed if San Francisco won.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the guy asking if I slept with sheep and if my mother was a prostitute
But i am not personally insulted by you. Honestly I just don't respect how you go about your agenda and what your agenda is. I think it is based on hate and your ego makes your honestly very suspect at times. But you are just an anonymous name on a message board. There have been posters I have known better that have gotten under my skin but I can't say you have been one of them. I don't think I am god. I just call bigotry when I see it. And your general feelings and generalizations about the faith lead me to believe if you are not a bigot you are very close to one at least far as most of the faith is concerned. Saying things like people don't need to apologize to others because they can ask the sky for forgiveness is what I would say is an example of both your questionable ethics and an example of your border-line bigotry and just several disrespect for people who believe differently than you do at this particular point in your life
Good morning Skom, that was an excellent and very astute post.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not putting him down-I am stating something he has truly done~
Good morning ((((( DEB ))))).....you've forgotten me?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm... That's interesting. What do you know about Brethren beliefs?
Duncard Bretheren in Lancaster PA. Not much info to share though.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Lol..........good morning D.
Good Morning, Lawest

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Saying things like people don't need to apologize to others because they can ask the sky for forgiveness is what I would say is an example of both your questionable ethics and an example of your border-line bigotry and just general disrespect for people who believe differently than you do at this particular point in your life
My questionable ethics, bigotry and disrespect, huh? You never learn, do you? You insist on chattering about people.

So be it. Do you mind if I start calling you Dim?

Ten days, huh? How did that go, Dim? Did you show them what you were made of?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
The post was about Christians holding themselves accountable for their actions
Sure you do. You demand forgiveness from the chimney flue, and the account is paid. You're going to heaven! After all, you're not perfect, just forgiven, right Dim?
Skombolis wrote:
How many times do I have to tell you I don't care what you believe
None at all. Don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 465,181 - 465,200 of599,016
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

543 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min onemale 256,278
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Al Garcia 719,640
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min Naveen kumar 4,372
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Buck Crick 223,926
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Strength and Honor 172,145
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 532,062
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min An NFL Fan 114,921
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 11 hr Docter REALITY 120
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••