#483508 Feb 3, 2013

Here´s It´s no good live from french Tv

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483509 Feb 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes. It's like a Green Stamps redemption center up there.
Maybe LOL

How about if we combine our stamps and see if we can get enough for one of those hot tubs?

How many books do you have!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#483510 Feb 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. you are. You just teach differently, brilliantly ..
Thank you, little sister.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#483511 Feb 3, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
This one is from german tv show. Both good.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#483512 Feb 3, 2013
Continued from last post about gnosticism and simon magus:

What ha' happen was" when Simon accepted becoming a believer... he could not shake himself from his old craft. Because of this compromise he had mixed the gnosticism, sorcery, platoism with Christianity... and Poof! <<<purple smoke>>> a Christian version of gnosticism.

Sometimes Wiccans... witches.. same difference can't shake wicca either so they still chose Jesus as part of their own pantheon and invented Christian Wicca....But going back to Simon Magus...it didn't stop there and I'm barely scratching the surface on this subject... so I guess I'm going to have to add an annex to this part of the study. But anyways, the gnostics believe that the God that Christians and Jews worship (the one in the OT) is basically the devil. They call our God who created everything in which we physically see ---> the Demiurge AKA The Evil Angel. They believe that the being we now know as satan was actually trying to help the human race and that our God had him kicked out. Hence, they hate the demiurge and have sympathy for the being that we know as the devil. They even have sympathy for Cain...(I'll explain more 2morrow, Lordwilling)

Have a good day everyone!

:)
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483513 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Doesn't Christian doctrine teach that if what God saw in Jeffrey's heart on the day he died was repentance, that Jeffrey is forgiven of killing and eating those children, and will enjoy an everlasting reward? I'm sure that that is what he was promised.
How do you feel about that? Would you feel free to criticize that kind of "accountability" if you wanted to?
Anyway, my point is not to put you on the spot an ask you to criticize your god, but to address that word "accountablity" as I see it used on these threads. Where is the accountablitiy when there is forgiveness on demand?
The people that do those horrendous crimes will be punished, by MAN and by GOD!

IF those people did confess to Christ , while they were in prison, only God would know.Even if we were told by the prisoner minister that he confessed Christ as his Saviour, and then died, we would not SEE the NEW man evolve in Christ in him, to be able to judge for ourselves. How God handles their punishment, we don't know.

Here's what we DO know. The Lord Jesus Christ died for our Sins--ALL our Sins, and for ALL Mankind, and IF we BELIEVETH on the Lord Jesus Christ, we shall have EVERLASTING life.
mike

AOL

#483514 Feb 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Food For Thought
Isn't the same criteria being used either way, faithfulness and obedience and to the extent someone is disobedient?
OSAS says people like Hitler must not have truly believed because his actions were so disobedient he couldn't have been a true believer and is not saved
OSAS says those who leave the faith were not really true believers and aren't saved
Those who don't believe OSAS say those who refuse to be obedient and return to life of unrepentant sin or leave the faith won't be saved
It is the same criteria resulting in the same thing...someone not being saved
The only difference is whether someone can of their own free will believe at one point and then decide to turn their back on God and their salvation or are those that do that people who never truly believed?
Verses to consider
Luke 8:13
They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
2Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;
(T) Peace
Hello Skombolis
In our society many "Law" have loop-hole with the "right" lawyer you can get thru them.

In regards to your post, it seems the "GOD-concept" is the same, come's down to convincing interpretation.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483515 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had some explain it too me that you are forgiven but it influences the amount and type of rewards that you receive once in heaven.
IOW...behavior =# of rewards
I am not sure what biblical passages that they were basing their beliefs upon.
lol

It is probalbly a very good thing that NONE of us will know how God handles US individual, once we DIE.

We don't get to say 'I warned you, now didn't I or I told you so, or good enough for you or serves you right! or I was rewarding more than you ha ha--

We will have nothing but PURE love for them.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#483516 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not disagreeing with that LW. I was just trying to discuss with SP that the Bible gives specific instructions on how to approach another Christian.
Does that mean that I think that you have to every time...no...I don't think that you should. Sometimes it is better to see if things will work things out.
Mainly my response to SP was in regard to her usage of the word "perfect". The way that I read her initial post was that she thought one had to be "perfect" before they approached another. It is my understanding that is not the case.
If I am wrong...then I will retract my post...it is just my thinking anyway based on what those scriptures mean to me.
Do all people make good "rebukers"...no.
Do all people receive "rebukes" well...no.
My thoughts are and they are only my thoughts LW is...
When Christians ignore the "transgressions" of their brothers and sisters yet readily point out the "transgressions" of us little heathens they are sending the wrong message. I show to us or at least me that whatever a brother or sister does is okay but wow is a heathen does it.
Ex: If you point out to me that it is wrong to call names but ignore when one of your own does it...that is hypocritical. So letting someone "do it their way" often sends the wrong message to others. IMO...if one is going to use what is written in that Bible against "the rest of the world" they need to make sure of not only what they are using but that they are also applying it toward themselves.
All of this is my opinion...you can agree with it or not. It does not make my opinion anymore right than yours. It is just how I see things.
Now having said this...we can all be hypocrites at times. I have seen it in myself more often than I care to. It (IMO) is human nature...to see the faults of other clearer than we see them in ourselves.
Maybe it is a built in "defense, protect and justify" mechanism...one not easily controlled.
No we are not disagreeing and I fully realize you were using scripture and even that is okay.I agree with you sometimes best to see if issues work themselfs out.Hey none of us are perfect and is true we can all be hypocrites at time.By no means is there a need for a retaction of post.My whole point was that when two hard head butt heads sometimes times prayer helps.I agree with you that it is easier to see someone elses faults and never question there own.

You know annie I been reading your post for quite sometime now and I must say you do write some interesting materials.One thing about humans they all do their own personal walks and not two walks are the same.I possible know more non believers than I know believers does that make them any different then me no.Do I enjoy them yes.Do I try to feed them my beliefs no.Do I share yes only if they ask.The rest is up to them and God.This is just my opinion but for me scripture talks to me and says it better than I can and that is why I post so much scripture and history.I often said to many do not follow me follow God cause you see I am only a human subject to error.Am I a sinner wow you can bet your sweet boots on that one.Do I attempt or correct that sin yes.Do I examine myself in teatment of other yes and cuss the hell out of myself when I fall short.I tend to think of posters on a individual bases as none of us think or act the same.Do I scroll if I disagree yes and keep my thoughts to myself as I do not walk in there shoes.Only when it is important will I endugle in a disagreement.For you see in my heart I think God shows us all the way in some measure or another in life.Have a grand day annie until we talk again.God bless.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#483517 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that all who say they are "Christian" are believers? Do you believe that all who say they are "Christian" are saved?
I asked Doc that question as a part of calling him out for his nasty rhetoric toward others and I pose your question back to you given the circumstances, also I would ask YOU these two questions..........
1) Do you share your friend Gracie's belief that the teachings of our Lord Jesus before his death burial and resurrection does nor apply to the gentile believers such as we do not have to forgive others who have trespassed against us as he commanded for example?
2) Do you believe that a person who was saved in the Lord Jesus..........heard the gospel, baptized in his name, received the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues, grew in grace over a long period of time, but later backslide into a full blown life of sinning, totally turned his back on the Lord lying stealing drinking murdering and died in that state without having ever made it back unto the Christ.........will that person still be saved yes or no.
I would be surprised if I received a straight forward answer from you on these questions, but if so thanks in advance.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#483518 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
My questionable ethics, bigotry and disrespect, huh? You never learn, do you? You insist on chattering about people.
So be it. Do you mind if I start calling you Dim?
Ten days, huh? How did that go, Dim? Did you show them what you were made of?
I am not pretend bigotry and disrespect isn't what it is, why would I? Nor questionable integrity.

You claimed Christians feel they don't need to apologize to others because they can ask the sky for forgiveness. I have asked you repeatedly is that what you did when you were a Christian? Because if so then perhaps your problems with Christians is your own lack of morality while one. And if not then your statement was a deliberate lie as you know better. It is what it is.

Location hidden

#483519 Feb 3, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Skombolis
In our society many "Law" have loop-hole with the "right" lawyer you can get thru them.
In regards to your post, it seems the "GOD-concept" is the same, come's down to convincing interpretation.
Hey Mike

I am not sure I am following. My post was focusing on why someone wouldn't be saved not getting in despite for instance when someone wouldn't think they should be able to as if on a technicality like you said. What do you feel is being exploited as a technicality if one must remain faithful and obedient until the end to be saved?

Location hidden

#483520 Feb 3, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Be looking for a t-mail.
Drew

Tsk tsk

You sent no t-mail

Your bragging on God is getting a little flippent eh?

Why is it so easy for you to publically say people are not "true Christians" and God hasn't opened their eyes but you can't so much as give your interpretation for a verse?

I am asking honesty;y? Surely if you feared controversy so much you wouldn't publicly tell people they still need God to open their eyes. And one would think you have an obligation at that point to another believer to show them why they are blind. So do you just don't want others to know what you believe as their opinion of you is more important than bragging on God or is it to protect your pride or you are unable to answer yet still call people blind? I can't think of another reason

Well I will leave you to your bragging

Location hidden

#483521 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be surprised if I received a straight forward answer from you on these questions, but if so thanks in advance.
It has become predictable no? I think it is truly unfortunate. People may think it is just seeking a fight but what they are seeing is simply frustration over another believer that would use these tactics. I would expect it from someone I thought didn't really take their faith seriously or acted poorly but from someone who by all appearances is very serious about their faith it makes no sense. How can a believer's pride ore reputation be that important to him that every time it takes precedence over his witness or what he likes to call bragging on God?

People can think that is mean all they want or decide they are angry because Drew is a nice but that is the truth whether they like it or not. If a believer is going to repeatedly tell others they are not real Christians and/or still need God to open their eyes then he has a duty to explain what they are not seeing. Iron is supposed to sharpen iron and the Bible is supposed to be for correcting, rebuking, and training in righteousness. That should come first over what some anonymous people think about his beliefs. And if he knows and he certainly does that is won't come first then he should at least stop telling people they need God to open their eyes. The rules should apply to everybody, even Drew

I was working my way back to your other post that was to me but will just say HI here

(T) Peace

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483522 Feb 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
No we are not disagreeing and I fully realize you were using scripture and even that is okay.I agree with you sometimes best to see if issues work themselfs out.Hey none of us are perfect and is true we can all be hypocrites at time.By no means is there a need for a retaction of post.My whole point was that when two hard head butt heads sometimes times prayer helps.I agree with you that it is easier to see someone elses faults and never question there own.
You know annie I been reading your post for quite sometime now and I must say you do write some interesting materials.One thing about humans they all do their own personal walks and not two walks are the same.I possible know more non believers than I know believers does that make them any different then me no.Do I enjoy them yes.Do I try to feed them my beliefs no.Do I share yes only if they ask.The rest is up to them and God.This is just my opinion but for me scripture talks to me and says it better than I can and that is why I post so much scripture and history.I often said to many do not follow me follow God cause you see I am only a human subject to error.Am I a sinner wow you can bet your sweet boots on that one.Do I attempt or correct that sin yes.Do I examine myself in teatment of other yes and cuss the hell out of myself when I fall short.I tend to think of posters on a individual bases as none of us think or act the same.Do I scroll if I disagree yes and keep my thoughts to myself as I do not walk in there shoes.Only when it is important will I endugle in a disagreement.For you see in my heart I think God shows us all the way in some measure or another in life.Have a grand day annie until we talk again.God bless.
Interesting material! LOL Some might call it that...others...not so much!

Location hidden

#483523 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Then you don't know who the Christians are, do you? Certainly anybody that gets into heaven was a Christian, and everybody that doesn't wasn't. And you can't tell the difference from this side of life.
But don't you consider your salvation assured, assuming that you continue living as you do? Are you deciding for your god that that has been good enough?
No God has decided for me

If you never learned the scripture when you were in the faith and honestly want to know what I base it on I can show you what scripture tells me enduring to the end and being faithful and obedient is result in God fulfilling His promise to me to save me
Dr Shrink

United States

#483524 Feb 3, 2013
I'm gay.

Location hidden

#483525 Feb 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you seem to be embroiled with numerous posters at numerous levels. Ever ask yourself, "Why".??..
.. you think AIN is a bigot, his posts hateful, egotistical? What do you base that on ??..
.. on Topix, one way to measure a person's level of egotism is to count the number of times the word "I" appears in a post ..
<quoted text>
.. AIN uses "I" one time ..
.. now, count the number of times "I" appears in your post. Eight, correct ??..
.. does that tell you anything ??..
So like I first suspected, it was about IANS. I knew you would finally pick one of my posts to him

HL, you are one of the few posters on Topix in far more conflicts that I and you regularly use sexuality and vulgarity as your tools to insult people. I am sorry you all seem to feel IANS needs protecting this badly but i won't humor your post and its transparent motivations

Out of fairness to IANS it is not like I see him ask and I think many of you in the group are the same. You need each other constantly propping each other up and using a gang mentality to attack people. It shows mental weakness to me.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483526 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree...I would think that some are better at it than others...maybe one could consider it one of those God given gifts...The Gift of Rebuking!
I don't know...but I see where there is a fine line of "rebuking" in the name of God and "rebuking" to fulfill some "ego" need withing the "rebuker".
LOL If all of that made any sense!
LOL- It does make sense when I changed the word 'rebuke or took it out, a mouth full it was!. I do know what you meant. BUT:

'I see where there is a fine line in talking to someone about what God wants for us, or just trying to fulfil his expert counciling ego.

Location hidden

#483527 Feb 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. now, count the number of times "I" appears in your post. Eight, correct ??..
.. does that tell you anything ??..
Yes that I am talking in first person

It is how sentences work when one is expressing an opinion, it often is done so with the subject "I"

Your dime-store psychology 101 inferring being self-centered lacks taking basic English grammar in the consideration of its conclusion.

I am disappointed to see my original suspicions were correct. Your exercise was nothing more than a Trojan horse. That's too bad. I took you at your word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Joe Fortuna 38,613
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min DebraE 104,761
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Brian_G 970,102
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Gods r Delusions ... 641,849
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 22 min WifeofanIgboMan 81
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 39 min good observation 44,453
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr WasteWater 1,737
More from around the web