Why Should Jesus Love Me?
mike

AOL

#483487 Feb 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>They are fighting their own instincts
Hello Serah, thanks for the reply.

"Instincts"?,....at some point instinct would calm down, kinda like hearing thunder for the first time.

If a GOD is real and that GOD created people, the calming effect should come natural.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#483488 Feb 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I meant everlasting love LOL.....:)
.. just so you know, I recently purchased a complete set of 400 thread Egyptian sheets ..

.. that's the 'everlasting love' concept you're trying to express, right ??..

P.S. Did you receive the teddy I sent you?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483489 Feb 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You just contradicted yourself according to the questions I asked.
Just tonight, I asked you if any of the religious leaders that got caught in some ongoing sin died before they had the opportunity to repent, if they would still be saved and granted everlasting life in "God's" kingdom, and you answered "Yes." That means that there is no consequence, for if there was, then they wouldn't still be saved and granted everlasting life.
<quoted text>Of a surety, but that's not what I asked. Now, you avoiding my question by changing what I asked. If these hypocritical religious leaders died before they could repent, then would it even matter if "God" disciplined them or not?
Just tonight, I had to scold my 5-year old son for putting his bare feet on the furniture. 5 minutes later, I had to scold him again for the same exact thing.
And have you ever heard of children that were taken out of a will?
<quoted text>My story is MY story, but we can't just foolishly believe that all are as fortunate. Yes, I'm a prodigal son, but are all as fortunate as me? Nevertheless and again, I thank "God" that I didn't die, and that I had the opportunity to repent before I died. Because I don't believe I would have been forgiven, saved, and granted everlasting life, had I died before repenting.
That sounds like a doctrine invented by Satan, himself. "Try, but don't worry. Even if you fall away completely and die without ever repenting, you're guaranteed anyway." That, to me, sounds absurd!
BLL, you are really bad about taking things nd TWISTING them.

First off, God will discipline ALL of us. God will discipline
His children in Christ. God shows no favoritism.

Just because we believe that once we have accepted Christ as our Saviour, and we believe we will never LOOSE it, does not mean God will not discipline His children (us) if we SIN, HE WILL!

If you are have accepted Christ as your Saviour, and you sinned and you DIED right after this Sin you did , you would still be SAVED, now we don't KNOW how God handled that DISCIPLINE after we
died--- Do you?.

So your saying , if YOU had died while you were 'BACKSLIDING
you wouldn't have been SAVED? Am I right? Please tell me.

With Established Harem

#483490 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
God plays a sick game of Where's Waldo.
.. Waldorf currently resides with me. He thinks birds and horses are gods, worships them. For him, it's 100% true ..

With Established Harem

#483491 Feb 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
@ Skombolis:
I wish that I could be more like them, but I really have almost no patience for his type.
.. you are. You just teach differently, brilliantly ..

With Established Harem

#483492 Feb 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>**EDITED**People like IANS are why I am glad judgment is in the hands of God (T) Peace
.. AIN is reflecting, not judging, your thought process ..

.. he's even humble, admits his character defects. He has little patience with you because he reads you like a book ..

With Established Harem

#483493 Feb 3, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Skom.
.. like myself, you see a wounded animal ..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#483494 Feb 3, 2013
Adam wrote:
@AnnieJ
I want to dedicate this song for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wTR7Tx9GmccXX
Nice song.

Here's another:
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

With Established Harem

#483496 Feb 3, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>And I wike u two,Sweetie! ;)
.. thanks ..
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483497 Feb 3, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
BLL, you are really bad about taking things nd TWISTING them.
First off, God will discipline ALL of us. God will discipline
His children in Christ. God shows no favoritism.
Just because we believe that once we have accepted Christ as our Saviour, and we believe we will never LOOSE it, does not mean God will not discipline His children (us) if we SIN, HE WILL!
If you are have accepted Christ as your Saviour, and you sinned and you DIED right after this Sin you did , you would still be SAVED, now we don't KNOW how God handled that DISCIPLINE after we
died--- Do you?.
So your saying , if YOU had died while you were 'BACKSLIDING
you wouldn't have been SAVED? Am I right? Please tell me.
correction--- TWISTING things--not them
mike

AOL

#483498 Feb 3, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm-..Just a few minutes ago at FB...I learned I may now UNDERSTAND a lot more... regarding Gods GRACE- because by the standards set....we can not accept all that being His calls for... we do not do all that He requests-
BUT He will know our hearts and accept us anyways- NOT because we did every thing alllllllll correctly or near right- but because our hearts were in the right place- and we tried. Wait- I guess I understand His MERCY more too.
I hope that you will know these things (((((Mike)))))))).
He loves us as is- but much to much to leave us this way.
Hello Truths, thanks.

"Salvation" is a gift you don't need to do anything for it...it was givin before creation if the "good" book is correct.

"Grace" is towards all creation.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#483499 Feb 3, 2013

Here´s one of my all time favourites.
Adam

#483500 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice song.
Here's another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HkGS263lGsQXX
You must go under google and tip depeche mode heaven video

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#483501 Feb 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Are you a Christian Doc?????
Do you believe that all who say they are "Christian" are believers? Do you believe that all who say they are "Christian" are saved?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483502 Feb 3, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning
These are indeed good scriptures.
I truly believe that 'Correction to our siblings in Christ, is
taken totally different than our everyday 'friends would be.
The one being corrected (spiritually) feels that it is that persons interpretation of how he is SINNING, and he may not feel he is SINNING, and that you are stepping in where you shouldn't, or that you have a better than thou attitude, so you better be perfect before you tell me too, is the way that some would look at it.(?) Dunno, but Spiritual correction
is a very very sensitive area.
There is a difference in conversing (debating) on the Bible and stating your beliefs , and conversig with someone that have different beliefs on the same topic, this is not CORRECTING someone, it is simply debating, as we are doing on this OSAS.
If you do see a sibling in Christ , and you indeed know they are sinning, or that they are being rude, and what appears to be mean and bullyig to others, then yes,
I feel you could say to them 'you are not showing the Christ in you to others with your attitude ,and I know that Christ is in you, is something bothering you?.
I agree...I would think that some are better at it than others...maybe one could consider it one of those God given gifts...The Gift of Rebuking!

I don't know...but I see where there is a fine line of "rebuking" in the name of God and "rebuking" to fulfill some "ego" need withing the "rebuker".

LOL If all of that made any sense!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#483503 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I have had some explain it too me that you are forgiven but it influences the amount and type of rewards that you receive once in heaven.

IOW...behavior =# of rewards

I am not sure what biblical passages that they were basing their beliefs upon.
Yikes. It's like a Green Stamps redemption center up there.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483504 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice song.
Here's another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HkGS263lGsQXX
I like it too!

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#483505 Feb 3, 2013
REVELATION Study

I. Rev 1:11 Part 11 Cont 2 (bridged with Rev 2:10)

Rev 1______/TTTTTTTTTTTTT\______Re v 2

II. Jesus: "Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, THE DEVIL will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life." Rev 2:10

1. The Devil - A little while after I came to this thread, there were a few gnostics on here who would challenge my own Christian beliefs. I didn't know very much about what the gnostics believed at the time except that they believed in the Gnostic gospels of Thomas, of Judas and an assortment of gnosticsy that didn't make it into the Bible as we know it today... in fact, they shied away from being called "gnostics" and wouldn't even tell me what term they actually would call themselves. Okay, none of my bee's wax... I get that. But one would say that he was brought up Catholic... Irish Catholic I believe it was.

So this went on an on for about a year until I finally had the wherewithal and decided to look up what they actually believed. I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time on this subject because I already did a 2 week study on it and shared it in here back in 2011. But to make a long story short... their beliefs are about mythological cosmology more than anything.

Simon Magus, the sorcerer who is mentioned in the book of Acts who "supposedly" got saved... well, he is credited with starting the Christian version of gnosticism. Gnosticism actually existed before Jesus came onto the scene. Their was a pagan brand of gnosticism and a Jewish version of it... gnosticism simply grafted itself into the beliefs of the day. Platoism is a good example of that when it comes to the Greek side of things. So anyways, Simon Magus was a Sorcerer... a witch... same difference. Witches also have their pantheons of gods and goddesses... and other mythological beings. As an example, Americans who had to study Greek Mythology in school know these gods/goddesses to be Artemis... Apollo... Zeus.. yadda, yadda. Normally, we wouldn't view these as being part of witchcraft but simply mythology. Well, this is actually some of the gods that some witches worship... their names had changed throughout the course of history... like, the pagan goddess Ashteroth whose name afterwards became Ishtar (where we get the name Easter)... the worship of Ashteroth and other idols is what kept getting the Israelites in trouble with God... Hekate is another one but in Egypt mythology she was known as Heqet... she was know as the Queen of the witches. This is not even the tip of the iceburg in the many pantheons but I'm letting you know this so you will understand that witches aren't just about riding a broomstick, alchemy and black cauldrons. Oh, and when a witch become a Christian... it takes a whole lot and a bag of chips to shake them away from witchcraft. Because witchcraft has a very stronghold on those who were in witchcraft... deep down they still long for what they sometimes call the beauty of it.

Continued...>>>
Adam

#483506 Feb 3, 2013
You all know depeche mode, Personal Jesus,Enjoy the silence, I just can´t get enough, People are People, Barrel of a gun,

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#483507 Feb 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>What verses led you to believe the teachings of Jesus Christ dont apply to the gentiles? And when did the verse in Matthew apply when Jesus said if you dont forgive others the father wont forgive you? Lemme guess? Either an excuse that you wont debate the bible or an offer to talk by t-mail? Come on Drew, if you can post online people wont see till God opens their eyes surely you can brag on God with some truth about the Bible to obvious believer? I asked you 2 simple questions. the second one I hae asked you for 3 years now. When will God open your eyes?
Be looking for a t-mail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aerobatty 969,986
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 17 min Paul is dead 4,135
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min RoSesz 641,636
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 44 min It aint necessari... 38,309
Do you want to earn $0,00025 from each your web... 1 hr Juara ads 8
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Barnsweb 18,709
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Ex Lesbian 104,725
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 44,404
More from around the web