Why Should Jesus Love Me?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#483526 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree...I would think that some are better at it than others...maybe one could consider it one of those God given gifts...The Gift of Rebuking!
I don't know...but I see where there is a fine line of "rebuking" in the name of God and "rebuking" to fulfill some "ego" need withing the "rebuker".
LOL If all of that made any sense!
LOL- It does make sense when I changed the word 'rebuke or took it out, a mouth full it was!. I do know what you meant. BUT:

'I see where there is a fine line in talking to someone about what God wants for us, or just trying to fulfil his expert counciling ego.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#483527 Feb 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. now, count the number of times "I" appears in your post. Eight, correct ??..
.. does that tell you anything ??..
Yes that I am talking in first person

It is how sentences work when one is expressing an opinion, it often is done so with the subject "I"

Your dime-store psychology 101 inferring being self-centered lacks taking basic English grammar in the consideration of its conclusion.

I am disappointed to see my original suspicions were correct. Your exercise was nothing more than a Trojan horse. That's too bad. I took you at your word.
Knowledge

United States

#483528 Feb 3, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
BLL, you are really bad about taking things nd TWISTING them.
First off, God will discipline ALL of us. God will discipline
His children in Christ. God shows no favoritism.
Just because we believe that once we have accepted Christ as our Saviour, and we believe we will never LOOSE it, does not mean God will not discipline His children (us) if we SIN, HE WILL!
If you are have accepted Christ as your Saviour, and you sinned and you DIED right after this Sin you did , you would still be SAVED, now we don't KNOW how God handled that DISCIPLINE after we
died--- Do you?.
So your saying , if YOU had died while you were 'BACKSLIDING
you wouldn't have been SAVED? Am I right? Please tell me.
I don't really know either of you so I have something for you both to think about...

The bottomless pit or Abyss-the prison of evil spirits, where satan will be bound Rev 11-7 Rev 9:1-21

Lake of fire or second death Rev 11

Hades, Sheol, the abode of the souls of wicked dead till the Great White throne judgement

Great Gulf between the two department Luke 16;26

Paradise before the Resurrection of Christ, Luke 16:22
It is now empty Eph 4;7 Heb 2:14-15 1 Peter4;6 MT12:40 LK23:43
It was the place for the souls of the righteous dead only

Tartarus, the abode of the angels that sinned before the flood Jude 6, 2 Peter2:4 Gen 6:4 Sons of God or fallen angels to the judgement.

You must ask yourself, why so many compartments of hell? Why is there a special place for different sinners? This is your important question to ask yourself. Knowledge is wonderful thing to learn, but to be ignorant...not to give yourself some time to study, for yourself, your only hurting ones self. Please know I am not calling anyone names... just trying to help a situation, that for only your eyes to believe, not the word of others...Hope this will help you.
Good hunting gentlemen, you may find you will get your answers and will back up what you believe, or may give you a new enlightenment of the scriptures. God bless.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483529 Feb 3, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing about humans they all do their own personal walks and not two walks are the same.
Here in is where part of the problem lies IMO and for other non-Christians.

It is said that God's word is truth. There is only one way to take that walk...that is God's way.

Yet many will call it their own personal walk.

While I agree with each person must find their own way...it is really not biblical. There should be only one way.

I read an article not long ago dealing with...Christians agreeing to disagree. How can that be when there is only one truth? If one follows that "truth"...there should be no reason to agree to disagree.

Many will say that God is not a god of confusion...yet many settle for "agreeing to disagree".

Each Christian believes that they have been endowed by the Holy Spirit for their guidance...yet many agree to disagree.

If there is only one truth...God's truth...if God is not the god of confusion...if each of you have the Holy Spirit...why is there so much need to agree to disagree?

I have asked these questions before...the reply (if anyone even bothers to try) I get is that other person only thinks they have the Holy Spirit.

I don't...

BTW...while I can appreciate your belief of letting each person find their own path...that is also why there are so many sects of Christianity...IMO.

Location hidden

#483530 Feb 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Another evasion, Dim? I'll accept your nolo contendre as a concession.
<quoted text>
< crickets >
I have not shown yourself capable of being in an honest exchange

When you answer whether or not when you were a Christian you felt you didn't need to care about the people you hurt because you could ask the sky for forgiveness then perhaps I will answer you directly.

I did answer your question actually but G as I felt your refusal to engage in honest, reciprocal exchanges at this point meant i owed you nothing. You can't keep ignoring questions and expect others to answer yours

Don't you have any sense of fair play?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#483532 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting material! LOL Some might call it that...others...not so much!
See it is all in what one reads that comes from the heart.I happen to see you with alot of heart.I sure would not say this if I did not mean it.I one of those that just spits it out there ya know lol that is what makes me nonlovable.lol the wonder of it all annie.

Location hidden

#483535 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Are your stalkers conspiring against you, too, Dim?
You tell me LOL

You do respond to like a dozen of my posts each day that aren't even to you. I assume you go to the meetings. Maybe making sure you wake up by 4am to get here has left you too tired to attend? Well I am sure they will send you the minutes of the last meeting!

~snicker

Can I ask you seriously as a man what causes another man to become so vested in some other guy on the internet. Exchanges between us, sure that is tit for tat. But guy after guy has literally followed me to other rooms, they respond to dozens of my posts although most of them I ignore for weeks or months at a time, they look for the little things in which they hope to be able to argue a point successfully, such as whether I technically saw someone post their post on Topix when I saw I have seen people make posts saying certain things and just etc, etc.

Is it all because you feel you were embarrassed in front of your friends or came out the short end of a debate? Is it just pride? And how does an anonymous message board get such a dedicated reaction? I really want to know as obviously it would help me to know. Do I need to start treating other guys with kid gloves? I am used to men who have no problem if they engage in an argument to let merit speak for itself and leave it at that. I don't know any guys in real life that would be this fixated on another guy over something so trivial. So what is it I am not seeing that keeps causing this? Or is it just ego and there are just some very different kind of guys out there than I am used to?

Location hidden

#483536 Feb 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't have to wait long for your "further participation", did we?
"we"

I love it!

LOL

Man you guys need some confidence
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#483537 Feb 3, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>That is one of the most 'spiritually retarded' things you've ever said on this forum. Then WHY does the Holy Bible always refer to God as 'HE'??? Question: What would you do with a brain IF you had one?? Would you wile away the hour,confering with flower,consulting with the rain??
You have no one you gelantine instead brain.Has Jesus ever said take me and my mother as your gods beside the creator?

Location hidden

#483538 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
You are the table, Dim.
<quoted text>
What participation? Your gossip? Your insults? Your endless mental masturbations?
BTW, how's the ten days going?
The ten days turned out to be a sham set up by your friend who feels you need to be protected

I had no interest in participating in an exercise where people can fight for no reason, say want to get nailed, solicit others for sex and could literally tell people go F themselves if they wanted to in every post but one should not apologize if saying somethign hurts somebody's feelings

That exercise was ridiculous on its face and unfortunately was not an honest suggestion for self-improvement. She simply wanted a pretext. At bare minimum it was the silliest set of rules i have ever seen given how one could act within them
Adam

#483539 Feb 3, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You're as bold of a LIAR as your daddy,Satan the Wicked One.
Why you are here? Why are you bashing all the ppl here? Who the hell you think you are stupid gay ha??

Location hidden

#483540 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
All I could say to God is "I honestly did the best I could"
If we can for the most part honestly say that then that is all any of us can do and i believe it to be more than enough in God's eyes.

(T) Peace
Knowledge

United States

#483541 Feb 3, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
one flood was flood of noah,4990 BCE
but second flood was at the time,when your toilet was cloged by to many diapers and trown toilat paper,
for second home flood you have to call rotorooter,
drink glass of whiskey and little crack and you be again on your poor feet not anymore tired
Please don't reply to me, you are a threat and hate our country and all Americans. You have also threatened me. Your NUTS! Stay away from me, don't talk to me . You will find yourself off topix soon if you keep this up.
Adam

#483542 Feb 3, 2013
Jesus never changed the commandments under which he lived.. Jesus said do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#483543 Feb 3, 2013
And here we go...
Grace Walker wrote:
Hi BLL, You say that you know a tree by its fruit but have you ever took a moment to stop being fruit inspector long enough to inspect your own tree? Your friut may rot while you tend to others and not your own.
Well, I don't know how you interpret 2Timothy 3:16-17, but I consider those verses to be personal instruction. Not verses written so that we can aim that at others like some type of spiritual weapon. When I study the bible "for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness," I study that I "may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works," not the next guy. And I don't take Paul's mention of "perfect" as merely a suggestion, but a requirement.
Grace Walker wrote:
Hopefully we who call ourselves Christians can come to a place of maturity and be full of grace and truth like Christ who we claim to be following.
I hear ya. It's a shame, though, that when it's written, "He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked," that we make excuses as to why we'll never walk as he walked. I mean, it was he that said, "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." But, we don't believe this, do we?
Grace Walker wrote:
Otherwise we are merely pontificating and misusing the Lord's name for our the promotion of our own religious club, self-righteous ego, and self-centered agenda.
I hear ya. Because anyone that says, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" fits the description you just gave. The nerve of them, right?
Grace Walker wrote:
I pray the law of love will lead you upon higher ground and enable you to be merciful as your loving hearted Maker.
And I pray the law of love exalts me to the level of ground you walk, that I might become as merciful as our most loving-hearted Maker has made you.
Grace Walker wrote:
A believer who denies that homosexuality is a sin is like one who denies that adultery is a sin. They’re kidding them selves and rebelling against the Holy Spirit.
A believer that denies that sin is the transgression of the law and believes that the law's done away with are kidding themselves and rebelling against the Holy Spirit, as such a belief not only makes no sense, but contradicts what's written. I mean, Paul didn't write, for nothing, "for where no law is, there is no transgression."
Grace Walker wrote:
Eventually one would question whether they were really saved.
Even though we don't know their hearts, right?
Grace Walker wrote:
But a sinner who admits he or she is a sinner and sincerely asks for forgiveness deserves to get it “even 70 times 7 times”(Matt 18:22.)
Agreed. Except, I don't understand how anyone can be considered a sinner considering sin, itself, is defined by the laws we transgress. And if the law's done away with, then so isn't the label "sinner." Right?
Grace Walker wrote:
They deserve our prayers and support as well. We have no idea what demons they’re fighting, jut like they have no idea of ours.
Agreed, 100%. And respect. And love. And compassion. And.....
Grace Walker wrote:
Remember, if we could stop sinning we wouldn’t need a Savior.
Classic excuse. Sounds like doubt to me. And laziness. And lack of spiritual knowledge. And initiative. And love. And understanding. After all the deaths, captivities, and punishments, administered by "God" toward the disobedient, from Adam to Noah's generation, to Sodom and Gomorrah, to the northern tribes of Israel, to the southern tribes of Israel, to the priesthood, and to all else, He decided to make it that much easier for us, huh? Interesting.
Grace Walker wrote:
Walk in Love and we wont have the desire to walk in sin. Have a good night.
If you ever succumb to temptation, then guess what? Are you without sin?

Location hidden

#483544 Feb 3, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
It is probalbly a very good thing that NONE of us will know how God handles US individual, once we DIE.
We don't get to say 'I warned you, now didn't I or I told you so, or good enough for you or serves you right! or I was rewarding more than you ha ha--
We will have nothing but PURE love for them.
I actually agree with that 100%

Truthfully the same holds true before we die as well. None of can say with any certainly how God will judge another or who is saved or who is a "true Christian"

A verse we probably all could stand to keep in mind

Romans 12:3
For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#483545 Feb 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
I guess I find it hard to think one would turn their back on everlasting live :)
I can think of three, right now, off the top of my head.

Adam, Eve, and Judas.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#483546 Feb 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It has become predictable no? I think it is truly unfortunate. People may think it is just seeking a fight but what they are seeing is simply frustration over another believer that would use these tactics. I would expect it from someone I thought didn't really take their faith seriously or acted poorly but from someone who by all appearances is very serious about their faith it makes no sense. How can a believer's pride ore reputation be that important to him that every time it takes precedence over his witness or what he likes to call bragging on God?
People can think that is mean all they want or decide they are angry because Drew is a nice but that is the truth whether they like it or not. If a believer is going to repeatedly tell others they are not real Christians and/or still need God to open their eyes then he has a duty to explain what they are not seeing. Iron is supposed to sharpen iron and the Bible is supposed to be for correcting, rebuking, and training in righteousness. That should come first over what some anonymous people think about his beliefs. And if he knows and he certainly does that is won't come first then he should at least stop telling people they need God to open their eyes. The rules should apply to everybody, even Drew
I was working my way back to your other post that was to me but will just say HI here
(T) Peace
It has become VERY predictable sadly enough and it is why I described it sometime back as the 'hit and run double standard' with the double standard being out what he perceives as the irractic behaviour of those that disagrees with his beliefs as opposed to the usual and more reslistic irractic behaviour of those that he goes along with that believes as he believes.

Most of us who post here do generally post bible chapter and verse for what we brlieve and why we think this ot that pers on is wrong.

Peace.
Adam

#483547 Feb 3, 2013
@Doctor REALITY

Jesus lived strictly under the thora like every jew.
He ate, he slept and breathed the thorah.How can you say Jesus is the father the son and the holy ghost? Your mind is befuddled.Not real bright are you? Don´t you think that´s blasphemy against the god of Abraham?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#483548 Feb 3, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in is where part of the problem lies IMO and for other non-Christians.
It is said that God's word is truth. There is only one way to take that walk...that is God's way.
Yet many will call it their own personal walk.
While I agree with each person must find their own way...it is really not biblical. There should be only one way.
I read an article not long ago dealing with...Christians agreeing to disagree. How can that be when there is only one truth? If one follows that "truth"...there should be no reason to agree to disagree.
Many will say that God is not a god of confusion...yet many settle for "agreeing to disagree".
Each Christian believes that they have been endowed by the Holy Spirit for their guidance...yet many agree to disagree.
If there is only one truth...God's truth...if God is not the god of confusion...if each of you have the Holy Spirit...why is there so much need to agree to disagree?
I have asked these questions before...the reply (if anyone even bothers to try) I get is that other person only thinks they have the Holy Spirit.
I don't...
BTW...while I can appreciate your belief of letting each person find their own path...that is also why there are so many sects of Christianity...IMO.
Have you ever taken a real close look at non believers.Believe it or not your choose you can find some of God in them.Oh I know they say this and that goes with the territory but then you see them do some action of God.When I speak of personal walk I mean what is in the heart,soul,spirit only you can do that walk cause it is your heart your soul and your spirit.God's word is the truth and that why I say do not follow man even the bible so states this.God is not of the confusion it is mankind that does this.It is a human emotion to agree or disagree and opinion is alot of it all.Ever notice how many aruments start just from a simple opinion.oh heck thoses many sects of christianity been around forever.If you go and dig around in history you see what I talking about here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min freepedobaitherez 87,945
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min BibleKrap 996,468
Why the Trump Presidency is the usual Republica... 36 min Doctor REALITY 8
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Big Al 223,075
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Big Al 703,644
Are you paying for public service? 1 hr annebonney 1
The most DOMINATE NBA Players of ALL-TIME......... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1