Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#483373 Feb 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>The point I'm trying to make, to simplyput, is that I don't believe very many people accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior with the intention of one day returning to a sinful lifestyle. I believe that most, if not all, people that accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior do so with the best of intentions. But, it doesn't always work out that way no matter how hard we try to, not only just do the right thing, but to refrain from doing what's unacceptable. Case in point...
All the religious leaders that got exposed and publicly humiliated, or all the Roman Catholic priests? Did they all begin their journey with Christ with the intention of committing adultery, fornication, and what-not?
Now, my question to simplyput is this: If any of the aforementioned returned to sin and died before they repented, would they still be granted everlasting life in "God's" kingdom? Keep in mind that the aforementioned weren't exposed after they committed whatever sin it was only one time. The aforementioned were caught in sins that they were committing for years prior.
Thank you for your time and consideration, Serah.
Do/did the Priests and their leaders think they fooled GOD when they have tried to cover up their 'sins'? If they did not think they were fooling GOD but only fooling GOD's Children, then do they know GOD? But in saying this, we cannot say how GOD would judge them if they truly repented their ways... because only GOD knows their hearts, their intents and their purposes. This is of course, my opinion only; and my belief is we cannot fool GOD, no matter how many times we go to Church.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#483374 Feb 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>John wrote a creation story?
<quoted text>Not by name, no...
Why not ? Makes God sound like an evil bastard. Just like Jesus never mentioning Paul or Constantine.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#483375 Feb 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I guess I find it hard to think one would turn their back on everlasting live :)
That's a pretty darn good answer:)

It would seem like a strange thing to do. Whether some do or not God will sort it all out anyway

(T) Peace

“"None shall pass"”

There

#483376 Feb 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>John wrote a creation story?...
Yep. Compare:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." John 1

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said,“Let there be light”; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.5God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day." Genesis 1

Any other non-Christians here see what I do ?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#483377 Feb 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No.... how did you work that out? And then answer your question?
***What is Junk DNA?
www.wisegeek.com/what-is-junk-dna.htm
Whatever you call it, the percentage of junk DNA in the genome is often quite high. In humans, for example, 95% of the genome is composed of noncoding DNA***
Just because the scientists, once upon a time, discounted 95% of our DNA as junk or meaningless, does not mean that I did.
Thank GOD they have changed their minds (again) because they have realised our 'junk' is useful and they have stopped calling in their playground.
What I did say was that they will never trace a human being back to an animal..... nothing what so ever to do with useless, OK?
humans are animals, no tracing required

“"None shall pass"”

There

#483378 Feb 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>...First, I believe the plural "'Elohiym" is a reference to two; the most High and His only-begotten Son....
You can believe anything you want. That is not what it says though.

All you can say is that Genesis uses the plural of God - Elohim - Gods.
There are several ways to expalin the use of the word. None are facts.

Can you go back and rewrite the OT inserting what you think it should say ?

Can we rewite Isaiah to say Yeshua instead of Immanual and bethula to almah so it matches the Christian doctrines ?
It is bad enough that the interpretations botch the Scriptures, John IMHO took it a blasphemous step further by sticking 'Logos' into the Genesis opening.

#483379 Feb 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty darn good answer:)
It would seem like a strange thing to do. Whether some do or not God will sort it all out anyway
(T) Peace
I meant everlasting love LOL.....:)

#483380 Feb 3, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
humans are animals, no tracing required
That is your opinion! And they will keep tracing.... as I am sure you know!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#483381 Feb 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>...And there's the other problem. It's well known, today, that the early church accepted, copied, distributed, and preserved, all the same books Constantine considered "canon," including the Apocrypha and what's today called "The Book of Enoch."....
Along with a hundred other texts that are called a pack of lies by Christinaity fo the last 1700 years.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#483382 Feb 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>....
<quoted text>And why do you say and ask that? Because he didn't reveal enough to meet your standards?...
Because he currently isn't meeting the standards of over 5 billion people.

"I am sending you a special guy in the next few decades/centuries/millenia but I won't tell you his name. In fact you will think he is nuts and ignore him. I will tirture you for eternity if you can't figure out which one he is."

God plays a sick game of Where's Waldo.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#483383 Feb 3, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You just contradicted yourself according to the questions I asked.
Just tonight, I asked you if any of the religious leaders that got caught in some ongoing sin died before they had the opportunity to repent, if they would still be saved and granted everlasting life in "God's" kingdom, and you answered "Yes." That means that there is no consequence, for if there was, then they wouldn't still be saved and granted everlasting life.
<quoted text>Of a surety, but that's not what I asked. Now, you avoiding my question by changing what I asked. If these hypocritical religious leaders died before they could repent, then would it even matter if "God" disciplined them or not?
Just tonight, I had to scold my 5-year old son for putting his bare feet on the furniture. 5 minutes later, I had to scold him again for the same exact thing.
And have you ever heard of children that were taken out of a will?
<quoted text>My story is MY story, but we can't just foolishly believe that all are as fortunate. Yes, I'm a prodigal son, but are all as fortunate as me? Nevertheless and again, I thank "God" that I didn't die, and that I had the opportunity to repent before I died. Because I don't believe I would have been forgiven, saved, and granted everlasting life, had I died before repenting.
That sounds like a doctrine invented by Satan, himself. "Try, but don't worry. Even if you fall away completely and die without ever repenting, you're guaranteed anyway." That, to me, sounds absurd!
It sound absurd to the phaisees too but Jesus told this parable..There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said,'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.''I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered,'I will, sir,' but he did not go.Which of the two did what his father willed" "The first," they answered. Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.
Notice that "Repent" once again means to change your mind toward BELIEF not a particular SIN? The prostitutes and the despised tax collectors went to heaven BEFORE the pharisees because of their self righteousness and judgemental attitude. That is NOT the will of God my friend. Though, you noticed they were ALL STILL going to heaven. And if you dont BELIEVE you will be forgiven, You are ABSOLUTLY right..

Location hidden

#483384 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
It sound absurd to the phaisees too but Jesus told this parable..There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said,'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.''I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered,'I will, sir,' but he did not go.Which of the two did what his father willed" "The first," they answered. Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.
Notice that "Repent" once again means to change your mind toward BELIEF not a particular SIN? The prostitutes and the despised tax collectors went to heaven BEFORE the pharisees because of their self righteousness and judgemental attitude. That is NOT the will of God my friend. Though, you noticed they were ALL STILL going to heaven. And if you dont BELIEVE you will be forgiven, You are ABSOLUTLY right..
I don't want us to get back into any big thing but just had one quick question

If repentance, faith, and obedience all mean faith why wouldn't the Bible just say faith?

You say repentance isn't repenting for our sins but changing our mind towards faith

You say faith is faith

And you obedience means obedience to faith

I am not saying this sarcastically or argumentatively but just for clarification. You believe to repent, to believe, and to obey all means to have faith?

Location hidden

#483385 Feb 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Compare:
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." John 1
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said,“Let there be light”; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.5God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day." Genesis 1
Any other non-Christians here see what I do ?
I dont ever see what you see but I will look again..<smile> J/K

Let me see!!!!

In the beginning was the Word,( Jesus is refered to as the "Word")

The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." John 1

"I am the Light of the world" Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness,...

Then God said,“Let there be light”; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. Hmmmm..LOL If this is what you see, then YES, I see it..
Thanks G

Location hidden

#483386 Feb 3, 2013
Sorry G, I did notice the NON in front of Christian..My bad!! We are still buddues though :)

Location hidden

#483387 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>

Notice that "Repent" once again means to change your mind toward BELIEF not a particular SIN?
Edit..just a few verses about repenting for our sins and confessing our sins. Just food for thought. Have a good one

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Luke 13
1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered,“Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

John 5:14
Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him,“See, you are well! Sin no more, that nothing worse may happen to you.”

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Matt.6
[14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
[15] but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#483388 Feb 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>There is definitely differences in the OT & the NT...
***John8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.***
***John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.***
How's that little pug prince of yours today? I can identify with your animal posts. I never cease being amazed by my dogs.

I've told you that I have a puggle, which is a pug-beagle mix. The beagle part gives her a snout rather than a flat face. It also causes her to bay like a coyote at passing ambulances. She looks up and sings. Quite adorable. I do it with her, and she seems to understand. I also have a black lab who is as sweet and gentle as can be.

We have a new routine - we take them to the dog park four mornings a week, where they gambol and frolic with their canine friends - about twenty accompanied by about ten of us adults who also socialize.

First, the dogs run in large circles. Then we throw balls and the dogs fetch them. And then there is wrestling. Do not wear white to the dog park!

And don't forget a drool towel, either. I need to wear it on my shoulder on the ride home, as my lab, with her butt in the back seat and her head in my shoulder in the front is watching the traffic through the windshield. Although she's fairly dry on the ride up, by the time she's had her workout, it's drool city.

Location hidden

#483389 Feb 3, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I meant everlasting love LOL.....:)
Meh

Pretty much the same thing

Be strange someone would want to turn their back on either

:)

(T) Peace

Fennario

#483390 Feb 3, 2013
@ Skombolis:
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your ten days?
Catcher1 wrote:
HL's challenge. Skom gave up after just a couple hours. He left, sort of in a huff.
Thanks for that.

Yeah, I was a little behind when I posted the above, but have caught up since and saw those exchanges. Annie's too.

It's too bad. Happy Lesbo is a good teacher with a good mind and heart. So is Annie. I wish that I could be more like them, but I really have almost no patience for his type.

Skom threw away an opportunity, but I doubt that it was the first time, or will be the last.

Fennario

#483391 Feb 3, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
You will die and suffer from the deepest depths of hell for blaspheming the Holy One of Israel who gave His life a ransom for billions of lost human souls.
You seem excited by this prospect. Where's my drool towel?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#483392 Feb 3, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Sorry G, I did notice the NON in front of Christian..My bad!! We are still buddues though :)
No problem. You didn't address the issue at hand anyways.
It is something most Christians can't see. It's like accepting every excuse a cheating spouse makes even when you catch them in bed with the "other" partner.

"She was just giving me a massage"

"Oh, OK"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 min gundee123 5,010
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Joe Fortuna 70,855
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Phooey 658,690
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale 282,977
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 9 min Rider on the Storm 71
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 min BadMan 99
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Rider on the Storm 183,457
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min New Age Spiritual... 974,724
More from around the web