“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#483084 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm..looks like you skipped the one again wondering how you could claim Christians don't need to apologize to anyone because an imaginary God will forgive them
Is that what you did when you were a Christian? Or were you just making statements you knew were not truthful now?
Well I gotta get some sleep. Tomorrow starts my 10 days
Thx for sending me out with some laughs
But write on a little post-it note, "don't mock Christians for how they spend their time. Remember how you lost your mind when how you spend your time was questioned?" and then tape it to your butt. That way when you are tempted to stick your head up there you can read it and act a little wiser!
Congratulations for posting the stupidest of all posts!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#483085 Feb 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, I don't know how to answer this...You are unique, y'know?
We are all unique :)

Ever watched an old doggy dreaming? Sleeping with a smile on their face and their little feet running as they catch that bird or rabbit or whatever it is they're chasing?

Ahhh, we have much to learn from the animals IMO.. and our dreams too :)

#483086 Feb 2, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom...Very nice post. I believe I should apologize for to you for "my part" in our recent debate. I am not ashame to humble myself and to ensure that never happens again, I believe that we should probably just remain "silent" about our disagreements. I wont post anything else against your beliefs and you do the same to me. I wear my emotions on my sleeve also and being a women, I get very emotional at times. Good luck on your recent challenge. Stay strong and scroll right on by any of my post!!:) Dont give in to temptation. I have a lot of papers to write this weekend anyway so I will be up to my neck with test, assignments and essays...End of term next week so I wont be here that much. I call a truce..Waving a white flag here..I forgive you as well for your part. See ya
Way to go :) And good luck with your papers, tests and assignments!!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#483087 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Remember when you said you know the Bible better than most Christians and how you went off on a tangent about how I was a bigot with a blackened soul and it turned out it was a verse from Paul meaning you'd be calling him all those things despite saying he was more moral than Jesus?
Take a picture of your foot in your mouth!
~snicker
What?

#483088 Feb 2, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I only take herbs for my pain, now. The meds almost killed me, remember when I told you I died... WHen I first got hurt I had to go by my doctors and the state doctors. Thank God that is all over, that was a mess. It has turned so cold here, I wish we would have just left before the holidays, but I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the grandkids and family and friends. There is no way right now I could even go up any steps of any kind without pain. I have a ramp to get into my home thank God it is one level. I have five herniated disks and have had them for quite some time, that is why I was able to retire so soon. The doctors said there was too much wrong and they could never fix it. They wanted to put a spinal stimulator on it, but I said no. I got hurt at work in front of the warden. So, there was no dispute. They said do to the condition of my spine I would not be able to return, so retirement was given to me early, with pay. Or I would have had to have put in 25 years in. I just didn't go into detail earlier. I do miss it sometimes, but at least I was able to retire close to the same time my husband did. It all turned out okay. I can not complain. God has helped me through all of it. THat is why I lean so much on Him...I was able to tolerate the pain, but I went and messed things up when I twisted on the ice. I will be fine, God has never let me down yet...I use what happens to me for a ministry to others, at different points in my life. I suppose I will have to stay in during the snow storms and pray we don't get any more ice! LOL I don't want to miss any more church services. God has spared my life more times than I can count. Soooo , I can not complain. We do have a big tub, but it does not have jets. Maybe in a few weeks I will be able to use it...Stand up showers with a seat in it for now. I don't think I could get out of a hot tub, or any tub right now, but it sure sounds good...:) Think I will turn in, you have a good night.
Thinking of you ....:)

Fennario

#483089 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Hmm..looks like you skipped the one again wondering how you could claim Christians don't need to apologize to anyone because an imaginary God will forgive them
If you want to be read and taken seriously, mind your words.

Feel free to re-present whatever your argument was without the insolence. You haven't earned the right.
Skombolis wrote:
Well I gotta get some sleep. Tomorrow starts my 10 days Thx for sending me out with some laughs
Your ten days?

#483090 Feb 2, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
Anyone - WHY would God want or need trillions of souls if indeed there is an afterlife? What's the point of keeping "saved souls" for all eternity? What would He need them for?
Why does a caterpillar need to turn into a butterfly?

Fennario

#483091 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You sure showed me
I doubt it. You seem unteachable to me.
Skombolis wrote:
Beats me but you are always talking about what a waste of time it is what Christians argue and debate over so you must be reading it. And I work second-shift so this is my schedule. here you are at 4:30am waking up and coming here. I guess it breaks up your day of feeding pigeons at the park
:)
If you saw my life, you'd end yours.

Fennario

#483092 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
When you were a Christian did you feel you didn't need to apologize to people you hurt because you could just get God to forgive you? Or if you did feel bad about the people you hurt when you were a Christian, why would you make a dishonest statement knowing from personal experience that isn't true?
I wasn't discussing my character. I was discussing what Christianity let cowards do - ask forgiveness of the ceiling fan and walk away from the mess that they had left.

Fennario

#483093 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
click click click
~snicker
Talk to ya in ten days. Maybe. I may decide afterwards if I get on a roll to keep it going.
Where are you going for ten days?
[This ought to be good]

#483094 Feb 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Jesus teach in Matthew 5:18-19 that Old Testament law was still in effect?:
"For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
But Paul had a different idea in Romans 10:4:
"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for every one who believes."
There is definitely differences in the OT & the NT...

***John8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.***

***John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.***

#483095 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You not understanding Romans correctly
Romans 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
What Paul is saying is that the days of being declared righteous just through the law are over and following the law but not depending on Christ doesn't save. One still must obey the commandments but without faith In Christ it means nothing. And Christ most certainly taught the way to be saved and to the Father was through Him
John 10
9I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved
But why was it silly when Christians debate scripture yet you an an ex-Christian is here debating scripture?
We should debate the Scriptures... and I thought everyone knew JESUS came to us to teach us a new way of life :) A life of turning the other cheek and learning how to love one another....

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#483096 Feb 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to be read and taken seriously, mind your words.
Feel free to re-present whatever your argument was without the insolence. You haven't earned the right.
<quoted text>
Your ten days?
HL's challenge.

Skom gave up after just a couple hours.

He left, sort of in a huff.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#483097 Feb 2, 2013
Romans 3:21-22
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.

Okay. First, what must be established is what the "righteousness of God" is, according to the law. Righteousness, by "God," was according to two things. The first was by obedience to the law, of course. But, because Israel, at the time, was in a learning process, they were given a "fail-safe." And that was sacrifice. As long as Israel sacrificed, they were allowed to retain a righteous standing with Father as long as their sacrifice was offered in sincerity, acknowledging that the animal was dying in their place. After time, though, Israel began to rely more on sacrifice to maintain a righteous standing with Father instead of obedience to the law. And because of this, the most High vowed to take the literal performance of sacrifice from Israel, so that they couldn't rely on it any longer. They would be left with only obedience to the law for righteousness. It was explained, to them, that obedience to the law was preferred before sacrifice, but Israel ignored this.

Paul wrote that the wages of sin is death. The wages of obedience, or righteousness, then, would be life. Israel was only allowed to continue, to become the nation they became, because they were deemed righteous. But, by what? Obedience to the law, or sacrifice? As we read the history of Israel, it's obvious that Israel wasn't obedient to the law, so it must not have been by their obedience to the law. It must have been by sacrifice that they were allowed to continue. And this brings us to what Paul wrote.

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets," wrote Paul. The law, here, is the law of sacrifice. And the "witness" mentioned are the law and prophecies that warned Israel that the law of sacrifice would become fulfilled in Christ, so that they could no longer rely on the literal performance for a righteous standing. After Christ was crucified, Israel would have to show faith in his blood for this righteous standing including obedience to the original, moral law. This means that the initial intention of the law stands, but Israel no longer has sacrifice as a "fail-safe." Now, they have to learn to be obedient to the law. Israel could, no longer, ignore the law while depending on sacrifice, which they apparently began to rely on in order to appease "God," and not because they were sorry for their unrighteous behavior.

Romans 3:23-26
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Notice, if you will, that Paul wrote, "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past." This means that all our past sins are forgiven us. And that once we come to learn of Christ and what it was he accomplished for us, that we're to begin where all else have failed. Now we, like Israel, must obey the law, beginning with the righteous standing that we receive in Christ. Now, it's expected, like Israel, that we retain the righteous standing that we've been given. We must not take grace for granted and use our liberty for an occasion to the flesh, as this will be trampling under foot the Son of the most High's blood. In all of this, we must keep in remembrance, that Christ is the same yesterday, today, and for ever.

#483098 Feb 2, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
When he said tht I thought "What is he talking about" and went to FB and saw 3 people sharing Prayers and people uplifing some others....
Yes ~ our FB Family would not be the same if there was bickering .... we get enough of that everywhere else, and that place we share is our Haven :)

#483099 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, a little different than my sense of humor but I appreciate the silliness of it and always like watching things with animals! My mom would love it. You have said i remind you of your son. The same in reverse for me at times. I am sure there are a lot of shared values and perspectives. I know quite a few areas where we think alike and no doubt my opinions have at least been influenced by how I was raised. It would have been interesting had you guys ever met...although two moms might be a bit much just liek I am sure you guys don't need another one of us! LOL
(T) Peace
FB was started so that we could share each others lives without the bickering.... one person that I am aware of was removed because of an attitude issue, and we are in there for support and Prayer and simply because we care :) Absolutely nothing like Topix .... perhaps I could add, thank GOD?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#483100 Feb 2, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>We are all unique :)
Ever watched an old doggy dreaming? Sleeping with a smile on their face and their little feet running as they catch that bird or rabbit or whatever it is they're chasing?
Ahhh, we have much to learn from the animals IMO.. and our dreams too :)
True.
The most elusive problems and equations in my existence have been solved in the very short period between REM and consciousness(perhaps because there is no distraction). Example: I was told by 15 or more engineers that the structure I was contracted to build was "impossible"(even by their best computers). 2 weeks later, I submitted plans to the owner and the "team" and to their amazement, it was equitable AND far surpassed their requirements, AND remained within expense and material requirements...all this in a few moments of "waking"...and a whole lot of hand held calculations to verify(as I did not have a computer or const. calc. available). It also helps to "see/think" in 3 dimensions...which most never do...then putting it into terms that others can understand...nothing is impossible.

#483101 Feb 2, 2013
ReligionMustDie wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pick on Serah, you prick.
Ahhh... Remudie, don't mind Dr Shrink, it appears that he is picking on us but me thinks he has also had a tough life, and seeking to make things better.

Give your doggies a scratch, and I will give Pugstar a smooch :)

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#483102 Feb 2, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
long time ago many times I wrote you words
I pee on your hipocritical posts,and your wicked THANKS?
please?step down from idle gossips about someones
rather keep focus on yourselves, you are not authority to help others,IF THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO READ BIBLE AND TAKE PRACTICAL BIBLICAL ADVICES
you are troll in this crowd of wicked lost left behind christians spreading only disguis,despise others, and my Precious God and Saviour
Why 'H.A.L.', I thank you so much for your great kindness shown me:
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE FULLY RIGHT
Senecus is highly respectful and respected poster I ever meet on the internet
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#483103 Feb 2, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Romans 3:21-22
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.

>>> Edited for space<<<__________

Paul wrote that the wages of sin is death. The wages of obedience, or righteousness, then, would be life. Israel was only allowed to continue, to become the nation they became, because they were deemed righteous. But, by what? Obedience to the law, or sacrifice? As we read the history of Israel, it's obvious that Israel wasn't obedient to the law, so it must not have been by their obedience to the law. It must have been by sacrifice that they were allowed to continue. And this brings us to what Paul wrote.
"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets," wrote Paul. The law, here, is the law of sacrifice. And the "witness" mentioned are the law and prophecies that warned Israel that the law of sacrifice would become fulfilled in Christ, so that they could no longer rely on the literal performance for a righteous standing. After Christ was crucified, Israel would have to show faith in his blood for this righteous standing including obedience to the original, moral law. This means that the initial intention of the law stands, but Israel no longer has sacrifice as a "fail-safe." Now, they have to learn to be obedient to the law. Israel could, no longer, ignore the law while depending on sacrifice, which they apparently began to rely on in order to appease "God," and not because they were sorry for their unrighteous behavior.
Romans 3:23-26
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Notice, if you will, that Paul wrote, "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past." This means that all our past sins are forgiven us. And that once we come to learn of Christ and what it was he accomplished for us, that we're to begin where all else have failed. Now we, like Israel, must obey the law, beginning with the righteous standing that we receive in Christ. Now, it's expected, like Israel, that we retain the righteous standing that we've been given. We must not take grace for granted and use our liberty for an occasion to the flesh, as this will be trampling under foot the Son of the most High's blood. In all of this, we must keep in remembrance, that Christ is the same yesterday, today, and for ever.
Jesus Laments over Jerusalem

Luke
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

It is no different today...
Greetings Brotherly Love

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 777,766
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Charlie Sheen 265,408
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min guest 560,346
bless the jews (Nov '08) 29 min blessed day 7,059
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Clear Dharma 39
Sariyer Samsung Servisi Telefon ( 299 15 34 2... 1 hr sansungrete 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr Johnny 4,871
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
More from around the web