<quoted text> Not ME!
I AM the man from Nantucket!

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#483033 Feb 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
They just happen to be the words that HL used...for whatever reason. Can't speak for Steve but I just went with HL's words since it was her challenge.
If it had been mine...I probably would only have used the word "defend". Not sure what I would have used in the place of "justify" and "protect".
To me...at least IMO...though the words might be similar in meaning...I think that possibly to each of us the might represent something different...at least here in the Topix world.
These would my meanings of the words...
Defend...Standing up for my beliefs and my opinions
Justify...Giving reason for my actions and behavior
Protect...This one I think has multiple meanings for me. Mainly however I look at this one as "protecting" my rights to express my beliefs and opinions.
Notice the difference between my version of protect and defend. One is for the actual belief/opinion the other is to protect the right to express them.
What HL's definitions are...I don't know...but this is how I saw them.
.. examples above ..

With Established Harem

#483034 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
"feel that we have said ( a LIE) that we can do ANYTHING we want and still be saved!"
If nothing you do can cause you to lose your salvation how is that not the same as being able to do anything you want and still be saved?
Can you clarify then? If you don't believe you can do anything you want and still be saved, what are some of the things you can't do?
.. ahhh, finally ..

.. good post ..

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#483035 Feb 2, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that I have been off for awhile, but I have a question for you if you don't mind...What is Dr. Shrink? I read some of his posts and he sounds like a muslim, now I went back and he has some writings sounding like a confused Christian. I know we all have our different outlooks on some things, but just trying to figure this person out. He has not given me a straight answer of his belief systems....or am I missing something? Thanks.
Hello Knowledge, pleasure,

To your question, other than a troll with an ever growing 'portfolio' of greybox handles, claims to have been a Jehovah's Witness- but no longer.

You take care...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483036 Feb 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. excellent, almost ..
<quoted text>
<< denying any guilt >>
Denying any guilt...no...

Well damn...no way to respond without sounding as if I am defending, justifying or protecting so...

I will leave it to however you want to perceive it.

With Established Harem

#483037 Feb 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...here goes some of that stuff that I probably shouldn't post...but...oh well.
.. protecting (in advance)..

.. if that's what you believe, is there a need to protect it ??..
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly I probably have been guilty of all of them at some point.
.. again, protecting (in advance)
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly I probably have been guilty of all of them at some point.
I find it discerning when two people discuss someone else in their exchanges...it is like talking behind their back...knowing that the person will read it. I don't know why that rubs me like it does. I think it is why I try (don't always succeed) to say what I have to say directly to that person.
The next thing that I abhor...is making statements about someone when there is no evidence to prove it. We all might draw conclusions but we don't have any evidence. I think it is done just to discredit regardless of whether it is factual. Ex: Someone accused "G" of assaulting his daughter...no factual information...just garbage that was made up. Darn...I hit the ceiling over that one. I still have no respect for the person that said it.
The other thing that comes to mind...dragging up people's pasts and what they might have said or done years prior. You know how I feel about that...things in the past...should stay in the past. If one has recognized their errors and corrected them...who are we to continue to make them pay that price. This includes dragging posts up from the past and using them as a weapon...just to try and control the other person.
What it comes down to it...if the only way that we can build ourselves up is to tear others down...doesn't say a whole lot about us...or maybe it does.
It is always easier to see these actions in others than it is in ourselves. There are times that I cut way back on my posting at Topix...it is usually when I see something in myself that I abhor in others. It isn't pretty!
.. excellent ..

.. do you still want to have sex with me ??..

With Established Harem

#483038 Feb 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Justify and protect are "sovereignty"(ego) related acts. IMO "truths" should need no defense in any manner, as it stands on it's own merit.
If one finds himself needing to defend, justify, or protect what is believed, then one needs to inspect the reason for that act, and/or the belief.
.. don't have to do much, everyone else does it for me. Isn't life grand ??..

.. thanks for your input. You're spot on ..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483039 Feb 2, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes mam, they sure are, it wil be harder than you think, lol
As big as my ole mouth gets, dunno if I could do it, lol
Well I thought I was doing pretty good this morning until that Happy Lesbo showed up...she has already given me a conduct mark! LOL

She is tough!

With Established Harem

#483040 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said i was worried about it
I simply stated I believe gossip goes on there just like anywhere else.
.. another slip ??..

With Established Harem

#483041 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And it actually didn't even cross my mind that people are regularly talking about me on FB so there is nothing I am paranoid about
The reason I thought this situation originated from Topix is I had not seen Deb and Grace talk on Topix but it appeared as if she was speaking out in defense of some of things I said to Grace and normally people defend those they are friends with. As it turns out Deb said it did have to do with Grace and others but that she didn't know the posters personally she was defending
Grace said she is part of a group on FB with many posters from this room. I know Deb is part of a group on FB with many posters in this room. I simply assumed the two groups were the same and they knew each other from FB
.. are you certain you want to continue this experiment ??..

With Established Harem

#483042 Feb 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that you would get him on that one! LOL
.. got you on a few too !!..

.. waiting patiently for someone to nail me. It's been awhile ..

.. speaking of getting nailed, have you received the dozen long-stemmed red roses I sent you ??..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#483043 Feb 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is very similar to what I told my son a several years ago. He always seemed angry about what he believed. One day during one of our "discussions" I told him...
When you become secure and are at peace in your own beliefs then there is no reason to feel as if you have to defend them.
It took him a couple of more years to finally understand what I was saying.
Yes.
And even your Jesus stated that in no uncertain terms. He said it would not be a "comfortable" experience either.
He was right.
Follow eagles...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#483044 Feb 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying any guilt...no...
Well damn...no way to respond without sounding as if I am defending, justifying or protecting so...
I will leave it to however you want to perceive it.
LOL

Right

Yet we are allowed to fight and state our position

I consider myself a fairly intelligent guy and can't figure out how the rules aren't in conflict with themselvers

I think instead I will go with WWJD instead. If I can honestly look at a post and say I believe Jesus would be ok with that than that is the standard I am shooting for. The goal as I see it is to be a better person and improve how we interact with others.

(T) Peace

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483045 Feb 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Not ME!
I AM the man from Nantucket! An I got a T-shirt ta prove it too!
LOL

I am just not sure how to respond to this...I have to be careful...I already have one demerit!

So...I will just say...

You sure look cute in that t-shirt!

:-)

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#483046 Feb 2, 2013
simplyput wrote:
I cannot see at all WHY they think that we (OSAS) feel that we have said ( a LIE) that we can do ANYTHING we want and still be saved! This is simply not true, and any of these people that have said we believe we can do anything we want and still be SAVED is a LIAR (this is blunt, but this is a fact!)
OSAS---- We have confidence in that Jesus Christ died for us , so that we may LIVE.
When we are Saved through the blood of Jesus Christ , WE ARE SAVED!
After we are SAVED, and if we go through some tough and trying times, going back and in DOUBT----
'It is THEN that HE carries you through' Jesus will never give you up . or givep on YOU (us)
Do I hear an Amen??????????
I think as I do because that what it seems, to me, that's implied when you say that once you're saved, you're always saved, with no chance of ever losing your salvation.

I understand that no one comes to Christ intending on continuing in willful sin, but to say it doesn't happen is utter foolishness, because it does. And it has. And when I call to remembrance those so-called "pastors" and "ministers" that got exposed in some sort of on-going scandal, just like the Roman Catholic hierarchy did, you and Grace Walker just sweep it under the rug, as if ignoring it makes it go away. Neither of you has answered my questions, though, as to whether these hypocrites will still be saved? My question was: If any of these hypocrites died before they got exposed and repented, would they still be saved? Keep in mind that up until the moment they got exposed, they preached every Sunday. They still led their congregations. They still claimed to have the Holy Spirit. They still claimed to be saved by the grace of "God." They still carried on no differently from any other time until they got exposed as a sinful hypocrite.

Interestingly, the "once saved, always saved" doctrine runs almost parallel with the "universalist's" views.

Now, you said, "I cannot see at all WHY they think that we (OSAS) feel that we have said ( a LIE) that we can do ANYTHING we want and still be saved! This is simply not true, and any of these people that have said we believe we can do anything we want and still be SAVED is a LIAR (this is blunt, but this is a fact!)"

Well, now we have an issue that needs be addressed.

If you don't feel that you can do anything and still be saved, then by what principles are you subject and under? I ask, because you would have to be subject to and under some sort of principles if you can't do anything and still be saved. And as to these principles, from where do they derive? From within yourself, or "God."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#483047 Feb 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. are you certain you want to continue this experiment ??..
Do I want to continue an experiment where it is ok to ask posters if they want to have sex with us and talk about how we want to get "nailed' and fighting for the sake of fighting is ok and but defending is not? To continue in an experiment where instead of it being a positive someone is looking to play judge while not using the rules she sent up and acting as if people answer to her on every post thus making what is supposed to be a positive thing a negative? Do I want to continue in an experiment where feeling bad for someone and apologizing if stating the truth hurts them is a bad thing? Do I want to stay in a competition where things that are not even close to justifying or denial are called justifying and denial?

I can emphatically say I do not

I am going to try to be more like Jesus wants me to be the next ten days.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#483048 Feb 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. got you on a few too !!..
.. waiting patiently for someone to nail me. It's been awhile ..
.. speaking of getting nailed, have you received the dozen long-stemmed red roses I sent you ??..
Yes and every time I mess up...I throw away one of the roses...I just don't deserve them...soon I will be down to just the bud vase left at the rate that I am going!

Dang HL...couldn't you have at least given us a break in period???

With Established Harem

#483049 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
"RULES
.. fighting and stating your position is entirely acceptable but you cannot tell someone they are wrong because they may, in fact, be correct ..
.. you cannot tell people who they are because you might be wrong ..
.. if you want to respond, state your position. You can choose not to respond to any post. You're in charge, not the other way around ..
.. last, no apologies for what you believe in .. "
Did I violate this in your opinion? I was stating my position that someone had talked about others because they had
How is someone allowed to fight and state their position but not defend? I am unclear on the rules now. And I personally do not want to even include "fight". I think we can question something or ask someone to clarify or state our position but do so without insults or nasty words. But are you advocating fighting just for the sake of fighting is allowed but not to defend one's self? I don't get that but may not be understanding what you are saying
.. do you now understand what protecting, justifying and defending is ??..

.. as humans, we all do it, it's natural. Sometimes it becomes ingrained and we go unconscious ..

.. when we realize how much we rely on ego defense mechanisms, we awake from our deep slumber ..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#483050 Feb 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I am just not sure how to respond to this...I have to be careful...I already have one demerit!
So...I will just say...
You sure look cute in that t-shirt!
:-)
Hwhwhah! LOL!
Far be it fer me ta pervoke ya! LOL!
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#483051 Feb 2, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. protecting (in advance)..
.. if that's what you believe, is there a need to protect it ??..
<quoted text>
.. again, protecting (in advance)
<quoted text>
.. excellent ..
.. do you still want to have sex with me ??..
Fart and full of flegm bucket at your face and post with wicked immoral perversion
Pfuj

you got not man flesh nor Annie? you piece of human jerk and s...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min pusherman_ 797,021
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 8 min neverenough82 75
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Robert F 568,666
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min AN NFL FAN 120,783
I live with my cousin, we had sex and we loved it. 33 min this is my first ... 14
What Is The New World Order? 54 min PELE78 26
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 55 min Pegasus 267,614
Scientific proof for God's existence 8 hr let your brother rip 647
More from around the web