Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#482905 Feb 2, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
Anyone - WHY would God want or need trillions of souls if indeed there is an afterlife? What's the point of keeping "saved souls" for all eternity? What would He need them for?
Souls power the lights in Heaven

JK:)

But in all seriousness that is kind of like saying why would people want to get together with loved ones on the holidays? People generally do what they can to spend as much time with loved ones as they can. Now if you had an opportunity to reunite all you loved ones and be with them wouldn't that be a good thing? Souls are not some abstract thing, they are the life-forces of individuals. He is not keeping them so much as allowing them and loved ones to live with him for eternity which is exactly where we want to be

(T) Peace

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#482906 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
But why was it silly when Christians debate scripture yet you an an ex-Christian is here debating scripture?
I didn't say it was silly. I said that it didn't interest me, and I don't come running to see it. Nor did I gloat over your bickering.

My interest in your scriptures was not in the advice they gave, but to note the process of rational ethics in your bible.

But don't worry about it happening again. It was a mistake. I will continue as before.

Location hidden

#482907 Feb 2, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it was silly. I said that it didn't interest me, and I don't come running to see it. Nor did I gloat over your bickering.
My interest in your scriptures was not in the advice they gave, but to note the process of rational ethics in your bible.
But don't worry about it happening again. It was a mistake. I will continue as before.
I believe those statements to be less than truthful since you avoided the other things you did do like mock Christians for debating scripture. Remember the 'how many angels on the head of a pin' comment? And you have repeatedly mocked and criticized and insulted Christians in here. So to portray yourself like a guy who has simply been observing and delving into some ethical inquiries as to the Bible is very disingenuous. You came here to throw punches. You got punched back. You didn't like it

Location hidden

#482908 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
And just so we are clear let me use the one of the more recent examples

Skombolis wrote:
We remain responsible for our actions.

*nothing there anybody should have a problem with ethically. And I said this based on scripture. Yet you responded:

"Not if you demand forgiveness from the air for them. You don't even have to apologize. You just forgive yourself."

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

And in this same post you claim the reason you are against the Bible it essentially what the OSAS doctrine teaches and yet I am someone who has been arguing it doesn't so you had no reason to be disrespectful. In fact those posts weren't even to you. I could find 50 more just like it but worse.

If you want to be viewed as a reasonable person with a purpose and not simply a bigot here to engage in bigotry you may want to try to stop with the snide remarks and sweeping generalizations or haughty judgements and hatred-fueled bigoted remarks towards Christians. Why mock and insult someone within their faith that is trying to promote accountability for our actions?

I have said it before, you are too smart to engage in these kind of dishonest tactics. You know what you do but you don't admit it. You wont admit some conversations are nothing more than ego, you have to claim all you do on Topix has outside value. You want to play semantics and say you didn't gloat as if mocking is better.

Get real IANS. There could actually be some good conversations to be had but I don't think you want them. You simply want to show Christians and Christianity and the Bible in a bad light IMO. And if so fine but be straight about it then

Anyway, that's my time
Doctor REALITY

United States

#482909 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe those statements to be less than truthful since you avoided the other things you did do like mock Christians for debating scripture. Remember the 'how many angels on the head of a pin' comment? And you have repeatedly mocked and criticized and insulted Christians in here. So to portray yourself like a guy who has simply been observing and delving into some ethical inquiries as to the Bible is very disingenuous. You came here to throw punches. You got punched back. You didn't like it
Why did you 'bother' TRUSTING in the Holy Cross of Calvary if you believe the Lord 'passed the baton of eternal security' off to YOU for the purpose of 'staying saved'? It makes absolutely NO SENSE,Skombolis. Especially since that 'cancer' called our 'sin nature' makes it IMPOSSIBLE for us to 'live up to' God's standard,which is TOTAL HOLINESS,in our own stength and power. O.k.?? When we become 'saved',we don't change into 'magical creatures',or 'robots',automatically programmed to live 'totally holy',even though the Lord EXPECTS our best efforts in striving to 'sin less' and less.....and....less..as we conitinue our walk with the Lord in this sin-infested,sin-wrecked world of spiritually decayed,spiritually depraved,spiritually dead world. So does that mean He's saying He ever accepts our 'sin' when we fail to be totally holy?? Of course not. I mean,of course He expects us to 'totally embrace a holy mindset at all times'. Just keepin' it REAL...Yo.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482910 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
The comment was that women are saved by bearing children. I assure that that was not a joke.
Hi Teddy :D How's life? If you don't mind me asking, why did you say that? I didn't read the whole discussion and now I've forgotten, been out in the sun all day, brain is melting...it's cool if you don't want to go over it again, I'll go read it some other time :)
<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482911 Feb 2, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good evening everyone, just got back in myself.
Hello :D How's things? Still very cold? Nice to see you Lawest.
Blessings <3

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#482913 Feb 2, 2013
***M*O*R*N*I*N*G***

“Carry out a random act of kindness,
with no expectation of reward,
safe in the knowledge that one day
someone might do the same for you.”

~ Princess Diana

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#482914 Feb 2, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I pray that my work will be a lasting monument to your faithfulness in my life. Whether it is taking care of children, comforting a grieving neighbor, visiting a sick friend, teaching a class, developing a special project, managing money, or whatever the task, God show me if it is bringing glory to You. If it is not, help me to recognize how and what I should be doing or not doing. If it is, then give me the strength to keep on doing what pleases You. Please give me the desire and faith to give the first fruits of my increase to you. May you be glorified, my God, the source of all blessing. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#482915 Feb 2, 2013
Encouraging Words....

Hatred stirs up quarrels, but love makes up for all offenses.

Proverbs 10:12

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#482916 Feb 2, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
I'm not gonna waste your time as I am sure it would be getting redundant and of course I'm sorry you have to see two friends fight and the rest of the jazz
I just wanted to say "hey"
Going to bed, hope your day is a good one
(T) Peace
Hey Steve-O...I DO hate to see Friends fight....

Wanna see something Funny (Well I think its funny...maybe you won't...LOL)

http://youtu.be/EQ1HKCYJM5U

...Nightime.....Daytime!!!
Doctor REALITY

United States

#482917 Feb 2, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you 'bother' TRUSTING in the Holy Cross of Calvary if you believe the Lord 'passed the baton of eternal security' off to YOU for the purpose of 'staying saved'? It makes absolutely NO SENSE,Skombolis. Especially since that 'cancer' called our 'sin nature' makes it IMPOSSIBLE for us to 'live up to' God's standard,which is TOTAL HOLINESS,in our own stength and power. O.k.?? When we become 'saved',we don't change into 'magical creatures',or 'robots',automatically programmed to live 'totally holy',even though the Lord EXPECTS our best efforts in striving to 'sin less' and less.....and....less..as we conitinue our walk with the Lord in this sin-infested,sin-wrecked world of spiritually decayed,spiritually depraved,spiritually dead world. So does that mean He's saying He ever accepts our 'sin' when we fail to be totally holy?? Of course not. I mean,of course He expects us to 'totally embrace a holy mindset at all times'. Just keepin' it REAL...Yo.
This is Doctor REALITY of the blessed United States of America. Have a wonderful weekend everyone in every nation. If you're looking for REAL LOVE,turn your heart and your soul to the Holy Cross of Calvary....and you'll find...'Him'...There. Take care all:

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#482918 Feb 2, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~~~~~
YOU are my friend- so I told you something in order to help you to come clean.
I do not even know people which you are currently rude to.
Your name never comes up on FB.
I posted those scriptures to remind you that the gospels are for the Jewish people too.
I have no problem- I am trying to help YOU with yours.
Not out of anger- but because you matter to me~ and we matter to God.
XO
:-)

When he said tht I thought "What is he talking about" and went to FB and saw 3 people sharing Prayers and people uplifing some others....
The STINKYJuicylu Busters

Tempe, AZ

#482919 Feb 2, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
:-) Sharkey
When he said tht I thought "What is he talking about" and went to FB and saw 3 people sharing Prayers and people uplifing some others....
Hey phany have your met Sharkey?

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TEGSTCH...
Doctor REALITY

United States

#482920 Feb 2, 2013
Doctor REALITY

United States

#482921 Feb 2, 2013
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail/photos/m... AWD,V-8 hybrid 2013 Lexus LS460 in Deep Sea Mica Now that's what I'm talking about....Hey,ain't nothing wrong with likin' nice things....just so long as you keep them in the proper spiritual perspective....somebody loan me a hunert and thirty thousand g's..

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#482922 Feb 2, 2013
TN grams wrote:
<quoted text>what is OSAS?
Hey...Good to see yo Tennesse Grams.....Been awhile

It means "Once saved...Always Saved"

Hope you are doing well
Doctor REALITY

United States

#482923 Feb 2, 2013
I'm sure if Janet Jackson has has any advice for Beyonce' for the halftime show at tomorrow's Superbowl it would probably be 'Make sure you wear a REAL tight BRA,girlfriend!!!'...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#482924 Feb 2, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Shrinky Dink...you are full of art with your words today!
I will try and remember your advice...
1. Do not drink blue in when I eat Mexican chili...only red or yellow ink.
2. No snorting for health reasons...much safer to fart or burp.
3. Grunt when I fart so that I won't get wrinkles on pimples or was the pimples on my wrinkles?
Have you ever considered writing a book with all of your words of wisdom?
By George...I think you've got it Annie J

Fine words to live by...Don't cha think?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482925 Feb 2, 2013
The STINKYJuicylu Busters wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey phany have your met Sharkey?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TEGSTCH...
You're posting to her aren't you Sharky/Beedy stalker?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Toby 974,028
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Earthling- 65,113
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 13 min WasteWater 2,608
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Liamm 654,672
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 36 min Steve III 45,318
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Toby 862
Romantic Sensual Touch Massage & Prostate Massage 1 hr Zara AUH 10
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 281,980
More from around the web