Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Doctor REALITY

United States

#482867 Feb 1, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! wasn't glorifing Budweiser, just making a funny on when you said your name wasn't ' BUD, Is that okay? LOL
I do love the Lord Jesus Christ!
;) Night!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#482868 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not tmailed you with any gossip about anyone. I may have tmailed you and asked you to back off someone due to their own trials.
From what I have been reading for at least a year of your posts...it is NOT in my pointing out your errors- but IN YOUR own misbehavior which has distanced people from you.
I do NOT offer these posts to anyone for "my glory" or "my own reasons"- I offer up the truths because His word asks us to help our siblings.
Your ability to 'hear' is askew brother. Your discernment has leaned toward the wrong side for a long time- which is what happenes when we are not walking as His children should.
Your responses to my attempt to help you do not hurt me friend- they harm your own testimony and detract from His purpose for you.
Hi Deb..
It does harm our own testimony when Christians argue and degrade one another but I believe it hurts God even worse. He doesnt want His children fighting over doctrine. Nobody has ALL the answers and I believe that even trying to be right all the time will harm ones testimony as well. We are all passionate about our beliefs or lack of beliefs and nobody on this forum will ever have the power to change anybody else. All this bible knowledge on here has gotten nowhere and has seemed to only bring about bruised and/or overblown egos. I really doubt that God cares as much about how much Bible knowledge one may possess if love isnt the first and foremost characteristic that we have. I would rather have and show love and compassion for people than to puff my chest up over who may be right about a scripture and how someone may understand it. I may be wrong but in my heart, I feel love is more powerful than someones IQ in scriptures. Thanks for posting this.
God Bless

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#482869 Feb 1, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you ?
Have you heard from Red Apples? I hope he is okay. I havent seen him on or a while. Hope all is okay with him, I knew he wa going in to surgery, and that was the last I actually talked with him.
Of course I haven't been on a lot either. Today I have for awhile .
Hi SP...
No, I was asking about him the other day. I hope he is ok. He needs to reappear and let us know that his surgery went well. I miss him. I will ask some friends if they heard from him. I will let you know if I hear anything. I hope you have a great weekend. Its so cold up here, that I am not leaving my house all weekend. Windchill factor is -8 below. I am so ready for spring. God Bless You
Knowledge

United States

#482870 Feb 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Wow! Sounds like you could use some "hot tub" time there. I don't take meds either...except last resort. So, you are not going south at all this year? I don't know 'bout the "all things happen" part. LOL!
No, I only take herbs for my pain, now. The meds almost killed me, remember when I told you I died... WHen I first got hurt I had to go by my doctors and the state doctors. Thank God that is all over, that was a mess. It has turned so cold here, I wish we would have just left before the holidays, but I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the grandkids and family and friends. There is no way right now I could even go up any steps of any kind without pain. I have a ramp to get into my home thank God it is one level. I have five herniated disks and have had them for quite some time, that is why I was able to retire so soon. The doctors said there was too much wrong and they could never fix it. They wanted to put a spinal stimulator on it, but I said no. I got hurt at work in front of the warden. So, there was no dispute. They said do to the condition of my spine I would not be able to return, so retirement was given to me early, with pay. Or I would have had to have put in 25 years in. I just didn't go into detail earlier. I do miss it sometimes, but at least I was able to retire close to the same time my husband did. It all turned out okay. I can not complain. God has helped me through all of it. THat is why I lean so much on Him...I was able to tolerate the pain, but I went and messed things up when I twisted on the ice. I will be fine, God has never let me down yet...I use what happens to me for a ministry to others, at different points in my life. I suppose I will have to stay in during the snow storms and pray we don't get any more ice! LOL I don't want to miss any more church services. God has spared my life more times than I can count. Soooo , I can not complain. We do have a big tub, but it does not have jets. Maybe in a few weeks I will be able to use it...Stand up showers with a seat in it for now. I don't think I could get out of a hot tub, or any tub right now, but it sure sounds good...:) Think I will turn in, you have a good night.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#482871 Feb 1, 2013
Just on touch.

Jesus wants to touch.The Lord desires not only to touch all one needs but He want to touch with His power and presence as well.

Jesus was and is moved with compassion by everything that concerns his children.He is touched by a loss of a love one,sickness and torment of the mind.He is moved to action to do something about it.

Peter's mother in law was struck with the life threating fever but when Jesus entered the house the Bible records And He touched her hand and the fever left her and she arose and ministered unto them.

In yet another case Jesus displayed His healing powers through His touch of a leper.(Read Mark 1:40&41)And there came a leper to him beseeching him and kneeling down to him and saying unto him,If thou wilt thou canst make me clean.And Jesus moved with compassion put forth his hand and touched him and saith unto him I will be thou clean.

Continued.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#482872 Feb 1, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you ?
Have you heard from Red Apples? I hope he is okay. I havent seen him on or a while. Hope all is okay with him, I knew he wa going in to surgery, and that was the last I actually talked with him.
Of course I haven't been on a lot either. Today I have for awhile .
Hello SP,

I see you've asked about RedApples (aka-John Coffey) a few posts now, I wonder about him too. But he was around after his procedure week and a half ago and indicated he was feeling well, in good spirits and looked forward to concentrate on continued strengthening.

He does/has been coming around only in brief spurts since his last attack (last summer). So ,in short ,this seems the norm. If he happens to Tmail me(once in a while), I'll let you know:)
Doctor REALITY

United States

#482873 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
(c:((((((((Doc)))))))))) You too bud~ YOU too me~
XO
u2,buddha

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#482874 Feb 1, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, tobad I was hoping for an interesting story.LOL :)
Heh heh heh

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#482875 Feb 1, 2013
Just one touch.

God wants to touch with His power and anointing in every area of ones life.Jesus not only wants to touch but He also makes the pledge of His redemptive love.(Read Acts 16:31)His promise.Beleive on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved and thy house.

God's word encourages one to come boldly to the throne of grace in ones time of need.(Hebrews 4:15) gives a picture of Jesus For one has not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of infirmities but in all point tempted as one is yet without sin.

Reach out in faith and Lord will come into the most difficult situation and tangibly touch with His presences.Just on touch from Jesus is all one needs.

Finished Just sharing is all.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#482876 Feb 1, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I only take herbs for my pain, now. The meds almost killed me, remember when I told you I died... WHen I first got hurt I had to go by my doctors and the state doctors. Thank God that is all over, that was a mess. It has turned so cold here, I wish we would have just left before the holidays, but I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the grandkids and family and friends. There is no way right now I could even go up any steps of any kind without pain. I have a ramp to get into my home thank God it is one level. I have five herniated disks and have had them for quite some time, that is why I was able to retire so soon. The doctors said there was too much wrong and they could never fix it. They wanted to put a spinal stimulator on it, but I said no. I got hurt at work in front of the warden. So, there was no dispute. They said do to the condition of my spine I would not be able to return, so retirement was given to me early, with pay. Or I would have had to have put in 25 years in. I just didn't go into detail earlier. I do miss it sometimes, but at least I was able to retire close to the same time my husband did. It all turned out okay. I can not complain. God has helped me through all of it. THat is why I lean so much on Him...I was able to tolerate the pain, but I went and messed things up when I twisted on the ice. I will be fine, God has never let me down yet...I use what happens to me for a ministry to others, at different points in my life. I suppose I will have to stay in during the snow storms and pray we don't get any more ice! LOL I don't want to miss any more church services. God has spared my life more times than I can count. Soooo , I can not complain. We do have a big tub, but it does not have jets. Maybe in a few weeks I will be able to use it...Stand up showers with a seat in it for now. I don't think I could get out of a hot tub, or any tub right now, but it sure sounds good...:) Think I will turn in, you have a good night.
Nite.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#482877 Feb 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Nite.
Night Captain.
Be sure and cover handsome Jibber
Sweet dream of the merimaids of the sea.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#482879 Feb 1, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello SP,
I see you've asked about RedApples (aka-John Coffey) a few posts now, I wonder about him too. But he was around after his procedure week and a half ago and indicated he was feeling well, in good spirits and looked forward to concentrate on continued strengthening.
He does/has been coming around only in brief spurts since his last attack (last summer). So ,in short ,this seems the norm. If he happens to Tmail me(once in a while), I'll let you know:)
Just now got back in.

Okay thank you kindly, was thinking of him all today , just got to know him on here and his situation.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#482880 Feb 1, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi SP...
No, I was asking about him the other day. I hope he is ok. He needs to reappear and let us know that his surgery went well. I miss him. I will ask some friends if they heard from him. I will let you know if I hear anything. I hope you have a great weekend. Its so cold up here, that I am not leaving my house all weekend. Windchill factor is -8 below. I am so ready for spring. God Bless You
Oh, no mam, don't get out in the old cold, besides you were
sick not too long ago, so stay warm.

We went through the single didgets too for about a week, but it is nice now. I do love the Spring time, tho. But every morning I open the door with my hot cup of coffee, and say 'Thanks for another day Lord, and breathe in the fresh cold air, it sure gets me going, I love it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#482881 Feb 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Night Captain.
Be sure and cover handsome Jibber
Sweet dream of the merimaids of the sea.
Nite LW.
Will do!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#482882 Feb 1, 2013
Good evening everyone, just got back in myself.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#482883 Feb 1, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Well yes you did say that BLL. page 23255 post # 482428
last paragraph. So that is why I asked you that. Tell me if that post is you talking?
Thank you
Okay. I went back to read what it was I posted. And here was the discussion...
__________
simplyput wrote:
If you do not have CONFIDENCE in your Salvation , and you EAR you won't be saved then continue to try to be PERFECT in every way--
good luck
Oh, I have confidence, alright. As long as I know I'm making a valiant effort to fulfill love while I endure on my trek. But, if I don't, I'm sure my confidence will dwindle away, just like my chances of being saved for eternity. So, in that, it's my healthy fear that reminds me that I never want to fall into the hands of our appointed Judge- the same that can destroy both, body and spirit. But, as to becoming perfect? I'm going to try with all my being, just as we were instructed. You can take the lukewarm path if you want to. That's on you. Don't say you weren't warned, though.
__________

And there it is.

Now, I answered accordingly, because you said if I didn't have confidence in MY salvation, NOT the salvation of "God"! I DON'T have confidence in MY salvation, because I know I can lose it if I don't......I'm not going over this again. It's up top.

My confidence in ME BEING SAVED will dwindle if I'm willingly disregarding what's expected of me, as a believer.

You couldn't understand that, but you want me to believe you understand the bible?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#482884 Feb 1, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Well yes you did say that BLL. page 23255 post # 482428
last paragraph. So that is why I asked you that. Tell me if that post is you talking?
Thank you
And of all I posted, that's all you focused on? Is there anything you disagree with, other than what you focused on, that you would like to address? Here it is, again.
__________

No. My confidence in "God" wouldn't dwindle, at all. That's not what I said. But, if I had done what you just did, you would have been on the rooftops declaring how I put things in your cyber-mouth. Nevertheless, regardless of what I do on this side of the kingdom, whether righteousness or unrighteousness, it won't alter His intentions at all! His kingdom will come with or without me. His ultimate salvation will still come to pass. Just not for me if I don't endure until the end. And with that being said...

Not only do I acknowledge His expectations and stipulations, but I accept them, too. I can't ignore all His warnings that reveal what to expect if we choose to disregard what's expected of us. And I'll not even attempt to think that what was expected of Adam and "God's" chosen nation, Israel, is not expected of us. The author of Hebrews didn't say, for nothing, that our anointed Savior is the same, "yesterday, today, and for ever (Heb 13:8)." But, we erroneously choose to declare the our anointed Savior is NOT the same!

I truly wish you all would listen to us. None of us are saying not to have confidence in "God's" saving grace, or in his ultimate salvation. Even WE have confidence in them! But, we don't rely solely on His saving grace as if it's guaranteed even to the lukewarm and willful sinner. We understand that the righteousness we project only shows, not only love to one another, but that we truly desire to live in His kingdom, as we're even capable of living perfectly without supernatural means. To think otherwise only shows that you're incapable of containing your selfishness, and sin cannot enter into His kingdom!

Stop opposing me. I'm not saying anything to harm you, or anyone for that matter. All I'm saying is that we should become perfect, according to the law, as our perfection will benefit all those we encounter and not ourselves. I believe that you and everyone else I encounter deserves perfect love! But, I can't give that to you if I'm not making a valiant effort to become perfect love. And if we choose to rely on what we perceive as love and it's not in accordance with the love that "God's" already taught us? Then, we'll have to answer to him as to why we chose to rely on our own perception of love.

Shalowm, simplyput.

Believe me when I tell you...I'm not your enemy.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#482885 Feb 1, 2013
simplyput...

This is what I posted...
__________

No. My confidence in "God" wouldn't dwindle, at all. That's not what I said. But, if I had done what you just did, you would have been on the rooftops declaring how I put things in your cyber-mouth. Nevertheless, regardless of what I do on this side of the kingdom, whether righteousness or unrighteousness, it won't alter His intentions at all! His kingdom will come with or without me. His ultimate salvation will still come to pass. Just not for me if I don't endure until the end. And with that being said...

Not only do I acknowledge His expectations and stipulations, but I accept them, too. I can't ignore all His warnings that reveal what to expect if we choose to disregard what's expected of us. And I'll not even attempt to think that what was expected of Adam and "God's" chosen nation, Israel, is not expected of us. The author of Hebrews didn't say, for nothing, that our anointed Savior is the same, "yesterday, today, and for ever (Heb 13:8)." But, we erroneously choose to declare the our anointed Savior is NOT the same!

I truly wish you all would listen to us. None of us are saying not to have confidence in "God's" saving grace, or in his ultimate salvation. Even WE have confidence in them! But, we don't rely solely on His saving grace as if it's guaranteed even to the lukewarm and willful sinner. We understand that the righteousness we project only shows, not only love to one another, but that we truly desire to live in His kingdom, as we're even capable of living perfectly without supernatural means. To think otherwise only shows that you're incapable of containing your selfishness, and sin cannot enter into His kingdom!

Stop opposing me. I'm not saying anything to harm you, or anyone for that matter. All I'm saying is that we should become perfect, according to the law, as our perfection will benefit all those we encounter and not ourselves. I believe that you and everyone else I encounter deserves perfect love! But, I can't give that to you if I'm not making a valiant effort to become perfect love. And if we choose to rely on what we perceive as love and it's not in accordance with the love that "God's" already taught us? Then, we'll have to answer to him as to why we chose to rely on our own perception of love.

Shalowm, simplyput.

Believe me when I tell you...I'm not your enemy.
__________

And this is your response...
simplyput wrote:
Well yes you did say that BLL. page 23255 post # 482428
last paragraph. So that is why I asked you that. Tell me if that post is you talking?
Thank you
Are you kidding me right now? Tell you if that's me talking..? What a....

Of all I posted, that's all you were concerned with? That's it?

WHY?

Why didn't you address anything else in my post to you? Did you disagree with what I posted? If "Yes," then what was it you disagreed with? Can you provide scripture with YOUR interpretation of my errors?

I'll be waiting....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#482886 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not tmailed you with any gossip about anyone. I may have tmailed you and asked you to back off someone due to their own trials.
That simply is not true

You have many times given your negative opinion about posters. I am confident others who have talked to you through t-mail know me to be telling the truth. In fact some even forwarded some of the things you had written to them in the past about others. But I could recount dozens of conversations off the top of my head if I wanted to. I am a lot of things Den but a liar or a guy with a bad memory is not one of them. You may not think you are skirting the truth but IMO that is because you are deep in denial about a lot of things. Dozens of posters have tried to get you to see you don't always rebuke evenly over the years and not once have you accepted that.

Tomorrow starts my ten days. I will not have anything more to say about this. I thought the first post I made to you today was about as honest and Christian as I could be but because it involved you not being perfect you would not hear anything in it. I know where my problems are old friend. At least I can realize that as it gives me a chance to work on them. My problems may outnumber yours but how will you ever work on yours when you don't think you have any?

I never thought after my first post today the exchanges would go like this. But I simply will not allow anyone to imply I have lied when I most certainly have not

Take care of yourself Deb. I truly hope one day you can see yourself even a fraction as clearly as you believe you see others

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#482887 Feb 1, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom...Very nice post. I believe I should apologize for to you for "my part" in our recent debate. I am not ashame to humble myself and to ensure that never happens again, I believe that we should probably just remain "silent" about our disagreements. I wont post anything else against your beliefs and you do the same to me. I wear my emotions on my sleeve also and being a women, I get very emotional at times. Good luck on your recent challenge. Stay strong and scroll right on by any of my post!!:) Dont give in to temptation. I have a lot of papers to write this weekend anyway so I will be up to my neck with test, assignments and essays...End of term next week so I wont be here that much. I call a truce..Waving a white flag here..I forgive you as well for your part. See ya
It takes a lot of character to make an overture and post like this considering what we just went through. I would like to apologize as well. And maybe instead of a truce lets just start over. We both are passionate and things simply got carried away. Things can get nasty in these kind of debates. But truthfully I had always enjoyed your other posts and I know how highly Epi thinks of you. I have no problem putting it in the rear-view mirrir

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Catcher1 93,302
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 668,343
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min WildWeirdWillie 183,781
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Pegasus 286,241
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr nanoanomaly 979,605
American Soldiers Rock 2 (Mar '08) 3 hr USA-1 34,334
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 hr USA-1 39,228
More from around the web