“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#482709 Feb 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Its as real and natural as the sun setting. It is just a different part of existance
<quoted text>
Touching and true
Good to see ya btw. Wanted to say Hi yesterday but held off just for reasons of my own. Nothing about you or bad just wanted a better moment in which to do it
(T) Peace
I understand Skom ~ this old forum is like a roller coaster... and many of us have shared the ups and the downs :) Just want to also add that FB is not used to encourage disputes, it is used to calm them :)

Peace to us all, long time coming maybe, but we deserve it :)

#482710 Feb 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the free freak show.
Thanks for being part of the show LOL

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#482711 Feb 1, 2013
Edit Deb....I would add you of all people would have known I singled in on the fact that I didnt have any anymore (as Topix deletes old ones as new ones come in) because I felt bad I had threatened to betray a confidence even if it was in response to what I felt was very hypocritical rebuking.I have never betrayed a confidence and that I even threatened to in defense of the things you were saying about me made me feel terrible so I did all I could to mitigate the damage as technically it was true I didnt have any in my box. I figured if people assumed that meant none were ever sent that would be their assumption. That u would take that effort to make it look like I had lied and that is why you chose to publically rebuke me is unfortunate. And by your own admission you felt going public would be more effective so clearly making me look bad in the eyes of others played a role.If the ends justifies the means to embarass someone and turn ppl against them so ur rebuke is more effective is right I'll leave to u

Location hidden

#482712 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Thank you as well

#482713 Feb 1, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>For me, there's only one person and one group that I never bother to read, except for every now and them. They're supposedly believers, too, but I find myself able to stomach the atheist's posts better than theirs, sad to say.
<quoted text>As do I.
<quoted text>I, too, have found people in Topix that, today, I'm comfortable calling them "Brother," or "Sister."
Proverbs 18:24
A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
<quoted text>Job is a very powerful book. The book of Job reminds me of a lyric from the song "Running Away," by the late, great Robert Nesta Marley. He sang, "Every man thinks that his burden is the heaviest. But, who feels it knows it, Lord!" But, whenever I start feeling sorry for myself, I try to remember what Job went through. My favorite books, though, I would have to say are Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and from the Apocrypha, Ecclesiasticus.
<quoted text>It does gather an audience.(smile)
Mmmh; I need to remember to call the Chapters Books.... JOB is certainly powerful and there are times when our lives today are a replica of his suffering, although different in the type of struggle as such.

There have been times when I don't think I could get any lower, and for awhile I lay on the lounge suffering in silence ~ GOD let me know to keep on sulking, but when I was ready, get up and do the things that I needed to do. It didn't take long to shake off the blues and now, those things that were so huge in my life have totally turned around and are now my Blessings :)

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#482714 Feb 1, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours, Grace's, my, and every other person's efforts at righteousness are works of futility because we cannot be righteous because of our own efforts. They are a bunch of filthy rags.
You might try at looking at the scriptures from a spiritual standpoint rather than a physical one. That is what the Judaizers did (physical standpoint) and they, for certain, became self-righteous and Jesus told them what He thought about them.
Ever since you've been posting here you have been pompously describing your works of righteousness, yet you claim humility. Is that not a bit ironic?
God knows who He has saved, and to those He gives assurance; and they know who they are.
More like, He knows who chose His salvation. Remember, it is not forced upon, thus, people must choose to be saved or to be damned. So rather than make it sound as if people are saved so they can do whatever pleases them because they can't be lost again, it is a choice. You can choose a beautiful woman to be your wife today and sadly you can choose to let her go tomorrow. It is a mutual relationship and understanding, not puppet to puppeteer.

I hope you're not offended by this, just throwing in my 5 cents worth.

Shalom Drew.

Andrew (CS).

#482715 Feb 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who set you up as judge and jury? I thought you guys let God decide?
And btw God has not written any holy books, thats obvious to anyone here. And hell is a fictional place. For the love of all the gods, what kind of monster would saction eternal torture in hellfire for not believing in the absurdities of religion.
Not knowing GOD is hell.....

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#482716 Feb 1, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Excelent
you posted my thoughts
awsome complexity of Almighty God is not only to understandable,but also not able to have any imaginations of His incredible misterious grateness
if God alone wouldn't sent Holy Seed into mary womb to conceive His Pefect image and enter minds of dan of whole humankind
WE NEVER WOULD BE ABLE TO LEARN BASICS OF HIS EXISTENCY
BIBLE IS ONLY FIRST STEP OF ETERNAL JOURNEY INTO DEEP SPIRITUAL ETERNAL LIFE ONLY THOSE WHO GET FROM HIM UNDERSERVED KINDNESS OF HIS MERCY-FREE GRACE GIFT
EPH 1;3-12
Uh....I appreciate that. Agreed and well said.

Shalom!

Andrew (CS).

Location hidden

#482717 Feb 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what are you defending ??..
I was speaking generally in this instance as I agreed Annie or anyone has a right to defend themselves. The subject itself to me is fluid as regardless what it is over I believe people have a right to defend themselves if they feel they have been wrongly accused or targeted vindictively. But there are many things I feel are worthy of being defended. I have an inkling what speccifically you may be inferring but before I type out my usual long reply I will wait for clarification! LOL

#482718 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
1 Timothy 1:5
The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
~~
2 Timothy 3: 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
---
Titus 3:8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.
---
Hebrews 3:13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
---
Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving each other as brothers.
---
Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds
---
Ecclesiastes 7:8 The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.
---
Ephesians 1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love
---
Colossians 1:11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully
---
Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
---
Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
---
1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
---
Ephesians 4:2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
---
Romans 12:12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
---
AGAIN
2 Timothy 3: 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Great Scriptures Deb....

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#482719 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
The doctrine, once saved, always saved.
I learned something!!!
You want to learn something else?

Mystique is Nightcrawler's mom.

His dad is Azazel.

Cool huh?

#482720 Feb 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it Paul that severed Christianity from Old Testament law? If he did that, he did a lot.
It was JESUS that severed us from the OT ...

#482721 Feb 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
"Wasn't it Paul that severed Christianity from Old Testament law? If he did that, he did a lot."
Just as I was walking out the door, I rethought that, and want to amend it. Don't have time to do so now, though.
Nice thoughts to walk through the door with :)

#482722 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
One Anothering:
Matthew 18:15-19—Restore one another.
Matthew 22:35-40—Love one another.
Matthew 23:23-26—Practice justice, mercy, and faithfulness with one another.
Matthew 28:18-20—Disciple one another.
Mark 9:50—Be at peace with one another.
Luke 10:25-37—Love one another.
John 13:14—Serve one another.
John 13:34-35—Love one another.
John 15:12-13, 17—Love one another.
John 17:20-26—United with one another.
Acts 2:42-47—Learn, share, and worship with one another.
Acts 4:32-37—United in heart with one another.
Acts 6:1-7—Care for one another.
Acts 11:22-26—Encourage one another.
Romans 1:11-12—Mutually encourage one another.
Romans 12:3-8—Members one of another.
Romans 12:10—Devoted to one another in brotherly love.
Romans 12:10—Honor one another.
Romans 12:15—Rejoice with one another.
Romans 12:15—Weep with one another.
Romans 12:16—Live in harmony with one another.
Romans 13:8-10—Love one another.
Romans 14:13—Stop passing judgment on one another.
Romans 14:19—Edify one another.
Romans 15:1—Bear with one another.
Romans 15:2—Please one another.
Romans 15:2—Build up one another.
Romans 15:5—United with one another.
Romans 15:7—Accept one another.
Romans 15:14—Instruct one another.
Romans 16:16—Greet one another with a holy kiss.
1 Corinthians 1:10—Agree with one another.
1 Corinthians 4:6—Do not take pride in one person
over another.
1 Corinthians 10:24—Seek the good of one another.
1 Corinthians 12:4-27—Members one of another.
1 Corinthians 12:25—Equal concern for one another.
1 Corinthians 12:26—Suffer with one another.
1 Corinthians 12:26—Rejoice with one another.
1 Corinthians 13:1-8—Love one another.
1 Corinthians 14:1-3—Strengthen, encourage, and comfort one another.
1 Corinthians 16:20—Greet one another with a holy kiss.
2 Corinthians 1:3-11—Comfort one another.
I love the anotherings :)

#482723 Feb 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I can understand Ghandi saying what he said....not so with Jesus.
If he was already "god" then why would he have any need to talk in the 3rd person so explicitly?
JESUS is the Son of GOD

#482724 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello (((((Juicylu))))))
Nice to meet you~ You can see by my post count that I am an oldster here. This month makes my 6th year as registered. Tho' I believe I started posting in August of o6~ I am not here very often now.... but still have a place in my heart for this forum. We all learned a lot through God's use of this place and from the non Christians who taught us much about ourselves.
Yes.... we have learned much, haven't we?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#482725 Feb 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to learn something else?
Mystique is Nightcrawler's mom.
His dad is Azazel.
Cool huh?
I'm not familiar with this family.

Go OSAS!!

Location hidden

#482726 Feb 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text> According to him...I was a demoniac because I was "too nice"! igher power out there. I just said oh well and moved on...that I have lived my whole life without his respect...I thought I would be okay from here on out too!I readily admit...lately I have become very frustrated and my tolerance level has been. Some days I manage...other days not so much.
I hear ya on some days our resolve being better than others. To this day I dont know if things were cool between u guys for a while or if he was trying to play you. He and I obviously have our history but I'd like to believe it was the former. To hear him tell it u were the single biggest threat to ChrIstianity! LOL I have always loved that line about managed my whole life w/o ur respect b4! It is how I look at many things too and I just like the saying! I like saying "i have a list of ppl I want to impress and surprise, surprise, you are nowhere on it" ~snicker (ok maybe just I think its clever..lol)

#482727 Feb 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent years in the Christian bubble, so know well what the Bible says. It took me a year to fully shake off the psychological damage of religion. These days I am into thinking for myself freely without any dogma or any holy books. If religion floats your boat thats up to you. But I would rather fo without it. Man, did I waste my time worrying about nonsense. Its quite mad really when you think of it.
Is that why you are in a Christian thread? I don't think you could have ever really known JESUS, because if you had, you would never want to let HIM go, and there would be no reason to let HIM go, because HE is only love and strength and loves us. JESUS takes away the worry, HE is not the cause :)

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#482728 Feb 1, 2013
If anybody wants the opinion of an uninvested party about OSAS, here it is.

The "always" part of OSAS would be wrong if there was even once exception. Since there is more than one, it is wrong, at least, more verses support the existence of exceptions than not.

Since the Holy Spirit is really just dead dragon farts, I can't get into Heaven. Oops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Darwins Stepchild 828,750
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Jac 98,996
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Regina 584,667
Muslim Women (Dec '09) 7 min kaka 393
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 3,691
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 31 min An NFL Fan 121,678
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 39 min Freebird USA 9,351
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 176,537
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr sangili karuppan 6,311
More from around the web