Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#482597 Feb 1, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>no where does it say to worship jesus; either. in fact, it says worship god.
God=Jesus.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#482598 Feb 1, 2013
manoo wrote:
when the spring comes we listen for the crickets but when they are silent we know they are on their phones I miss my village in india
Ah,
They work for Hewlit Packard eyy..........
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#482599 Feb 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you drop the need to protect, defend and justify, a different person emerges ..
fart
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#482600 Feb 1, 2013
manoo wrote:
the mongoose will fight the cobra but the small snakes fear the rooster because the rooster will dip the snakeskin in coconut oil
go to your vilage,roast snake eat on breakfast,and deep your own tail in coconut oil and give to suck second clown like you
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#482601 Feb 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me you are not the only one that frustrates. And we are probably in agreement here that it isn't the use of the scriptures it is the fact that they refuse to accompany them with anything else. It is a rather subtle but sneaky way of going about things IMO. If they don't give their interpretation nobody can claim they know why they posted it. Nobody has any idea what implication they are making since you don't know how they are interpreting it. Yet the use of scripture would lead one to believe they are at least open to talking about scripture. So you try to get them to explain why they posted to see where they are coming from or you simply are forced to assume so you respond with a question and another verse and they just ignore it.
People imo like to play things safe. Hey you cant come back on me as I didn't insult you, the Bible did. Or you can't question me on this or ask me about that because i am just posting God's Word. And nobody ever has to worry about what another Christian thinks or says or feels if they used scripture.
But like you said it is using it as shield to the truth and their true thoughts and feelings rather than using it to preach the truth. I actually firmly believe if someone is going to use scripture for any purpose they have an obligation to answer if someone asks them how they are interpreting it. Whether they are using it as witness or an insult or to promote a belief or anything what they are doing is using God to talk for them but refusing to clarify what words they are really put in God's mouth by not telling you what they view him to be saying.
I don't like it. Never have, never will
(T) Peace
Hi Skom Aka P-O-P QUIZ?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#482602 Feb 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
I spent years in the Christian bubble, so know well what the Bible says.
My grandmother, a very, very, very, very, very, very, very devout believer, spent her entire life in her "Christian bubble," as you call it. And the more I learned the bible, the more I realized that she knew almost nothing the bible teaches. Sure, she could share some of the recorded history and a few memorized quotes here and there, but not much after that.
Adam wrote:
It took me a year to fully shake off the psychological damage of religion.
I'm sure your experience must have left quite the negative impression, but is that your ex-religion's fault, or your's?
Adam wrote:
These days I am into thinking for myself freely without any dogma or any holy books.
It's hard for me to agree with such an independent stance, because in the end, nothing could ever get better.

I fully understand that even with our societies countless religions and philosophies, nothing's getting better anyway. I know this. But, it's difficult for me to place all, or even any, of the blame on religions when most, if not all, religions are based on love. With that being the case, then the absence of love in our world must be blamed on the hypocrisy of the adherents. Nevertheless, the existence of the willfully ignorant and rebellious student doesn't allow for us to place blame on the teacher. And without a teacher, then all we're left with is each and every individual's personal perceptions as to what's acceptable and unacceptable behavior. And as it is these days, even with all our religions and philosophies in place, our perceptions will change as often as the seconds in our 24-hour day, as we'll most likely change our perceptions to whatever will best suit our desires at that moment. In the end, we'll be faced with 7-billion religions and/or philosophies. How well do you think that'll work out?
Adam wrote:
If religion floats your boat thats up to you. But I would rather fo without it. Man, did I waste my time worrying about nonsense. Its quite mad really when you think of it.
Religion is inevitable, my friend, whether a multitude gathers together under one banner, or one person walks by themselves.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#482603 Feb 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. words are important. How we wield them decides if doors open or close ..
FART
that is all worth responds to your posts

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#482604 Feb 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Too continue along these same lines...
A couple of weeks ago NoStress4Me posted her thoughts on a subject matter. It involved homosexuals and I didn't understand her view point...so I asked. She willingly discussed it with me and explained her thoughts and beliefs. After a few very civil back and forth responses we both had a better understanding of each other.
In one of her posts she made a comment that I can respect. Regardless of what she believes that it is up to God to judge the actions of another...it is only her job to love and to live her faith.
Too many thoughts in my head...they are getting jumbled!
You have said that you don't understand why people that have left the faith spend so much time talking about it...here are my thoughts.
For me I thought when I left that it was no longer a part of my life. I found out differently though. I am still judged and condemned by the faith that I no longer claim. There are those that will define me by the very act of walking away...used to predict my future...used to determine what type of person that I am...used to tell me that I am wrong.
If someone is going to use it against me...do I not have the right to use it to defend myself.
I completely agree. People always have the right to defend themselves. And the right to use whatever is at their disposal to do it. And i have seen you get attacked right in this very room with scripture. But we also know the difference between offense and defense. Now don't get me wrong, I understand someone may go on the offensive out of defense and maybe even days later and I have no problem with that. If someone tried to use the Bible to say I was a terrible person I am sure I'd be inclined to follow that up even at a later date. But my issue is with the people that seek out the fight. Seek out the argument. Mock the bible to mock it. Mock believers just to mock them. Are quite frankly bigoted in their ways. And some of them just need to feel like they did they right thing by leaving or want to feel superior intellectually for doing so.

It is of course hard to always know what motivates a person. But when you see the same person day after day seemingly giving no quarter for any Christian regardless of how hard they are trying to reach the person and they showboat for their friends and mock and watch and obsess then it becomes something all together different than someone defending themselves. You have your own Doc R's too you know. People who come to where you are simply to spit on you.

In my personal opinion anyway, as keen as my insight always is (kidding~smile) I find it generally pretty easy to tell the difference between who feels offended or hurt or angry because it was used as a weapon against them or someone who simply is hateful or smug or bigoted with too much time on their hands.

(T) Peace

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#482605 Feb 1, 2013
Test post.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#482606 Feb 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you drop the need to protect, defend and justify, a different person emerges ..
If one is secure and at peace with their beliefs...and if they are "personal"...then there should be no need to protect, defend nor justify.

All too often though our egos take over...when that happens all hope of being able to understand someone elses thoughts or beliefs fails to happen. Seldom does any argument ever change another person opinion...it is a rarity if it does. There are those rare occasions though...

Ego and the need to win has caused far too often for people to take up "arms" against another. We see it daily in this world of Topix.

#482607 Feb 1, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
fart
Burp......
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#482608 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So because I don't believe Jesus is God I can't possibly accept anything about Him ?
That is not what Jesus said.
Let me clarify, what did Jesus say according to the documents we have about Him ?
I accept Jesus as the last offering.
only you are not accepted by Jesus,
because you never asked Him to accpet life long body and spirtual pervert like you

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#482610 Feb 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree. People always have the right to defend themselves. And the right to use whatever is at their disposal to do it. And i have seen you get attacked right in this very room with scripture.
LOL Yes...I have had more than one passage used against me. Remember...Thumper's use of "demoniac" is how the "Singing Demoniacs" got formed! According to him...I was a demoniac because I was "too nice"! Oh well...
You have your own Doc R's too you know. People who come to where you are simply to spit on you.
(T) Peace
Yep...we do...most definitely. I have been attacked by a few of them too...they just don't use Bible verses to do it.

You wrote a post about Karl the other day. He told me once that he liked me but didn't respect me because I believed that there was a god or some higher power out there. I just said oh well and moved on...that I have lived my whole life without his respect...I thought I would be okay from here on out too!

I readily admit...lately I have become very frustrated and my tolerance level has been low...trying to work on that. Some days I manage...other days not so much.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#482612 Feb 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If one is secure and at peace with their beliefs...and if they are "personal"...then there should be no need to protect, defend nor justify.
All too often though our egos take over...when that happens all hope of being able to understand someone elses thoughts or beliefs fails to happen. Seldom does any argument ever change another person opinion...it is a rarity if it does. There are those rare occasions though...
Ego and the need to win has caused far too often for people to take up "arms" against another. We see it daily in this world of Topix.
ok ok ok
mama
Annie
you are exhausted and disturbed,you need take daily meds,coffe, small cheapdounat and take 4 hour nap

please? go away and take rest.

true christians never aise arms against one another esspecialy strangers

this topic you are not able to see any fights,because every arm create noise
topis is dead without of noise,without of any spiritual values-because few spiritual psychopaths seat here every time,
and post they day dreams -halucintaions,lies,and nonsense woth only in response loud Fart

by bye bye my dear old retire mama Annie

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#482613 Feb 1, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
FART
that is all worth responds to your posts
What a beautiful picture you have painted with your words shrinky dink. I think however that it could use a little more blue.
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#482614 Feb 1, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
only you are not accepted by Jesus,
because you never asked Him to accpet life long body and spirtual pervert like you
you're jesus' self appointed spokesperson?
endtime

AOL

#482615 Feb 1, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#482617 Feb 1, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Again BLL..YOU dont believe in OSAS but you STILL sin. We who believe in OSAS still sin. So WHAT do you do about YOUR sins? In Gods eyes, your pride in your own self effort is equally as bad as
pedophilia, a liar and adultry..ITS DISGUSTING In GODS EYES!!!! We NEVER said they didnt HAVE to repent. Stop adding your own words Mr Pharisee. Do you know WHAT a Pharisee was? A Religious Leader who pointed their crooked little fingers at Sinners..Yep, Fits you to a T ...Jesus rebuked these Pharisee's time after time but they were such "Great keepers of the Law", they thought THEY were above all those disgusting outcast sinners who were not as Obedient to the Law of Moses. Jesus even called them Hypocrites. He NEVER Called the sinners a hypocrite. Those "Sinners" are the VERY ONES Jesus came to die for. WHO are YOU BLL, to decide WHO God forgives? If Jesus died for their SINS, and they accepted His free gift of Salvation, YOUR opinion is NOT going to send them to hell. WILL they be punished? YES!!! God decides the punishment though, NOT YOU or anybody else. STOP Playing GOD..ITS Disgusting
OSAS has no foundational doctrinal principle. I think the Pharisees were a school of thought and a religio-political movement usually opposed to the school of the Sadducees. Them keeping the Law wasn't the problem necessarily; what it was is that much of the time it was just an outward show, the same as many pastors today behave righteous and holy, but behind the shadows they are not. As many of the Pharisees of old, they plot and schemed, in their heart and mind they broke the Law to pieces but behaved above the people as a show.

This OSAS business is dangerous, because I see in real and living color on several occassions, because in their hearts the Law is void, they drink and get drunk, they put up several carvings of animals in their homes, the women bore their tongues (the both of them) and belly button and tongue, they party late, funeral on Saturdays or Sundays (doesn't matter to them) and they go to stage shows like every body else.

They rarely look any different from the rest of the world, can't tell them apart. Usually it is these OSAS people because they hatchet the Law of The Most High, homosexuality is ok with them, same sex marriage is ok with them, they have no problems with carvings of 'Mary' and 'Jesus' and the huge image of the cross hanging on the church walls. They have a one way ticket to 'heaven' as they put it so their behavior becomes lax and their standards watered down. While I like many of the things you and your friends say, you need to look into yourselves and stop fooling yourselves about the side of the fence that you're on. It's not about being against each other, it's why people because they're comfortable want to half step the truth and choose the bits and pieces of it that they like.

Counter_Strike: The wise man learns from his own mistakes; the wiser man learns from other people's mistakes.[Quo Vadis]
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#482618 Feb 1, 2013
endtime wrote:
PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6z-v0iNbVBwXX
the end of time is the beginning of eternity.

you're a big disgrace
shakin your tail feathers all over the place

#482619 Feb 1, 2013
manoo wrote:
<quoted text>yes my friend this so true but the sheep will only eat butter when the rooster crows at the moon
Very wise words Manoo..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FBI is investigating the Clinton Foundation, so... 4 min C Kersey 87
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Please Read 51,720
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 45 min Tony 6,735
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr whatgod 991,933
Who are you voting for March 24th.. City council?? 1 hr Joejowiseman 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Michael 693,160
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,966
More from around the web