Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#482573 Feb 1, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, hot in here, turn on the a/c at least:)
Again, I gave that block of scripture as an example to use to possibly for 2 or more to expound upon, to gain better perspective with opposing viewpoints. Had seen it done, gives a baseline. Was not writing I could reconcile the viewpoints with those verses ,just stating a hypothetical of it being a possibility- at a future point- not at that time. Needs more looking into.
The whole debate is one believers are sharply divided upon(an understatement). Really 3 views -some say Christians can lose their salvation and subsequently must be born again and again if they fall away. There are those that contend believers cannot lose their salvation through 'petty' sin, but can apostatize or turn away from their salvation. Others hold that salvation begins at the moment of conversion (not death) and continues for all eternity.
I lean toward the second view, but honestly have been reexamining the issue as stated earlier, seeking a 'harmonisation'-if you will- between the second and third. Or, between Calvin and Arminius.
Really, I dislike the issue, coming from the background I did, with the "Sword of Damocles" seemingly hanging over you; being forgiven and having rest in His grace was liberating,an 'assurance',if I may. I wanted others to know of this 'liberation'.
I could get long in auto-biographical mode,but another time:)
One thing, this is a debate that won't get settled on the pages of Topix;)
Maybe an answer in the Megiddo cronicles...It's been a long time a com'n...an when ya git there, they'll have been along time gone...
mike

AOL

#482574 Feb 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Sure. One doesnt need God to love. However a believer who loves God should want to
Thanks,

People don't need a GOD to do "Right".

Once being a believer I tried to believe not because I loved a GOD, I simply needed help from the supposed GOD.

No one can love a GOD over themselves, and that is a true fact.

No one could keep the law, there is no difference in trying to love a GOD.
draco

Middlesboro, KY

#482575 Feb 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are statues, made by men. Why not spoons, pillows, windows or tiles?
you don't think men and women make more men and women?

what is the difference between your hands and your genitals but the space of your mind?

where ever you go, there you are.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#482576 Feb 1, 2013
Hey Sorry guys... got pulled away to do something else... have to head out and take care of something... God bless everyone.

Sending out Rev study.. Jesus is Lord.

:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#482577 Feb 1, 2013
shesha wrote:
<quoted text>because i'm not here to establish a personality and what better way to remain obscure than hidden in a cave, or under a bridge, away from prying eyes.
hmmm?
:?
Really???

By the very fact that you hide in a cave or under a bridge has established a personality despite your attempts to hide from prying eyes.

It is not the name that you post under or where you dwell while you are posting that defines you...it is the words that you post that will be used to define your personality.

Kind of like that MLK (I believe he said it) quote...goes something like this...

It is not the color of a man's skin (nor where he dwells, nor his name) that defines (by words posted) but the character (one's personality ) of the man.

Paraphrased to fit...

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#482578 Feb 1, 2013
REVELATION Study

I. Rev 1:11 Part 11 (bridged with Rev 2:10)

Rev 1______/TTTTTTTTTTTTT\______Re v 2

II. Jesus: "Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, THE DEVIL will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life." Rev 2:10

1. The Devil - "The great dragon was hurled down--THAT ANCIENT SERPENT CALLED THE DEVIL, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, AND his angels with him." Rev 12:9

A. Now demonology is actually in one sense, Angelology. I say that because satan and demons are actually angels. They were once "holy" angels but because of satan's rebellion in heaven... and because he deceived some of the other angels (about a 1/3) in following him into this sin... their spiritual characteristic became corrupted and in that metamorphosis they became demonic or unholy. Those fallen angels were evenutally cast down to the earth with an appointed destiny and time to be cast down further into the lake of fire. Some of those fallen angels are already cast into an abyss of darkness and some of are still with us here on earth. satan still has to present itself to The Lord though and bow before Him. Some scriptures and we'll continue with this subject at a later point, Lordwilling:

* "The LORD said to satan, "Where have you come from?" satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it." Job 1:7

* Apostle Peter: "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy THE DEVIL prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." I Peter 5:8

* The Lord Jesus: "Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, SATAN comes and takes away the word that was sown in them." Mark 4:15

* 2 Corinthians 2:11... 2 Timothy 4:17... James 4:17... Revelation 12:10... I Chronicles 21:1... Psalm 109:6... Zachariah 3:2

* "For if God DID NOT SPARE ANGELS when they sinned, but SENT THEM TO HELL, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment. 2 Peter 2:4

* "And THE ANGELS who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home--these He has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day." Jude 1:6

Continued...>>>

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#482579 Feb 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
Thanks for the thoughtful post. I wish you all the best. You are a clever guy.
My pleasure. And thank you for your time and consideration.
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#482580 Feb 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really???
By the very fact that you hide in a cave or under a bridge has established a personality despite your attempts to hide from prying eyes.
It is not the name that you post under or where you dwell while you are posting that defines you...it is the words that you post that will be used to define your personality.
kindly words do not enter so deeply into men as a reputation for kindness. mencius
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of like that MLK (I believe he said it) quote...goes something like this...
It is not the color of a man's skin (nor where he dwells, nor his name) that defines (by words posted) but the character (one's personality ) of the man.
Paraphrased to fit...
you define my personality with words. you color me with your perceptions. my character is known by my actions.

the mind is boundless. do not become fixated/attached to words.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#482581 Feb 1, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks,
People don't need a GOD to do "Right".
Once being a believer I tried to believe not because I loved a GOD, I simply needed help from the supposed GOD.
No one can love a GOD over themselves, and that is a true fact.
No one could keep the law, there is no difference in trying to love a GOD.
Hi Mike,
This is one of the most honest responses that I have read in a long time. Thanks for sharing this. I agree with you on this because if a person would actually admit that they first come to God out of a "Need" instead of because they Love Him, they would realize that we cannot love God with ALL our heart, mind and strength. If we say we can love God like that then what we are actually saying is we love more than he does or we are equal to Him..because He is Love. I heard someone teach on this once and it has always stayed with me. Look at Peter and how he always was the first to "defend" Jesus and even told Jesus that "If ALL others forsake you, I WILL NEVER Forsake you. I will go to my grave for you Lord..Jesus knew better and even told peter..Before the cock crows Peter, You will deny Me 3 times..Then we look at John who repeatally calls Himself" the disciple WHOM JESUS LOVES. Jesus didnt Love John any more than the others but John focused on the Lords Love for him. He was the disciple who was at the foot of the cross while the other disciples fled. It was John who was ask to care for the Lords mother AND John was the ONLY disciple who died of natural causes instead of being martyred. John focused on Gods Love for him while Peter mainly focused on his love for the Lord..

I hope you dont mind me sharing this with you. Just felt like doing so and wanted to thank you. have a nice day

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#482583 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Timothy Charged to Oppose False Teachers
1 Timothy 1:
3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. 7 They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Nice post Truths.
Thanks for sharing. God Bless

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#482585 Feb 1, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>kindly words do not enter so deeply into men as a reputation for kindness. mencius
Through a word driven media your reputation for kindness can only be based on your words...we have nothing else in which to base your reputation. One's reputations are driven by the opinions of others.
<quoted text>you define my personality with words. you color me with your perceptions. my character is known by my actions.
The closest that we can come to "seeing" your actions is by what you post through words.
the mind is boundless. do not become fixated/attached to words.
Words...made up of letters...when joined together represent the art of your soul. Sometimes we paint a beautiful picture with those words...other times those words can paint the depth of ones emotions...the love...compassion...the kindness...the anger...hatred...the sadness.

Remember that song...If a picture paints a 1000 words...each time that we leave our words here we paint a part of ourselves...good or bad.

I agree...become not overly fixated by one picture...it is only a small part of one soul...unless that is the only picture that one paints.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#482587 Feb 1, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Excellent points. I do not understand people like Grace Walker. If they can't get it now they may never get it.
Romans 3:30-31 (KJV) makes it crystal clear.
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
We all posted the same quote, but sadly, to no avail. I believe it's because of "spiritual(?)" laziness.
Counter_Strike wrote:
As Romans chapter 4 explains (this chapter confuses many) that where there is no Law there is no transgression, but we know people, even Christians transgress daily, yet they say the Law is done away with. If there is no Law, there is no sin yet we know we live in a sinful world. They understand not when we sin, we break the Law but Yashua Ha Mashiach (who they somehow call Jesus) is our advocate. We repent to Yahweh (barack be He) through His ben Yashua Ha Mashiach. It is because we sin why we need a Savior, and it is because of the promise of His return why we need to have Faith (in Him).
Might I add that our faith must also be in what else he accomplished on the cross, which are recorded in the law, prophecies, and psalms?

I've been trying to encourage others to study these things meticulously, as it's only by these things that anyone can fully understand exactly what it was that was fulfilled. For one reason, people tend to equate "fulfill" with "destroy," which is a contradiction altogether. For the most part, though, I believe most of the confusion comes from the gross misunderstanding of Paul's letters, especially Galatians. And when I try to explain that Paul, for the most part, used general terms when addressing these issues with these already-established assemblies, they scoff at my assertions. This, indeed, derives from a sad lack of understanding. And stubbornness. And pride. And misplaced trust. And...
Counter_Strike wrote:
They need to read Psalm 119: 125-128 and focus a little on verse 126.
125 I am thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know thy testimonies.
>126 It is time for thee, Lord, to work: for they have made void thy law.
127 Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.
128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

1John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I find it funny, we live in such a lawless society and many Christians advocate against the Law, then they say Christianity is the 2nd oldest Abrahamic religion ahead of Islam and Ba'hai yet among all the Abrahamic religions, it resembles NOTHING Abrahamic. I find that fascinating.
Shalom BLL.
Andrew (CS).
People rely solely on faith without truly understanding the seed and fruit of it. And because of this, they either, disregard such verses as Genesis 26:2-5, or believe they're now obsolete. But, in any case, the most High said to Isaac, "Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father; And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed." And why did the most High say these things to Isaac, Abraham's son? The most High continued, "Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws." And it was by these things that Abraham proved he had faith in the most High.

Shalowm, Brother.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#482589 Feb 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>There is definitely much written in here that I just read and scroll on by or perhaps just scroll on by. I too hope that those that drop in find what they are looking for ~ I will always remember finding my 'Family' on Topix and spending many years getting to know them. To know them is to love them, and I hold them deep in my heart. JESUS brought us together, and indeed, we will stay together and care for each other.
One of my favorite Chapters is JOB and there are many reasons why ~ and one of my favorite Disciples is Matthew, and there are many reasons why. Shouting love and peace from a rooftop would have to be a grand experience, IMHO!!
Not in Afganistan.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#482590 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~~~~~
YOU are my friend- so I told you something in order to help you to come clean.
I do not even know people which you are currently rude to.
Your name never comes up on FB.
I posted those scriptures to remind you that the gospels are for the Jewish people too.
I have no problem- I am trying to help YOU with yours.
Not out of anger- but because you matter to me~ and we matter to God.
XO
I would like to believe you Deb

You may even believe that

But this is why it is problematic for me

If your concern was helping me, why not T-mail me? What you did instead is post to the room that you left Topix because of me. Never mind that you have already told John Jaws the same thing. Now I know you will say it was both of us and maybe even other factors which of course makes me wonder I you would say just me yesterday. What you did was something that one might easily feel someone would do to try to shame someone, embarrass them, turn people against them, etc

So while they are thinking that, what is your next post to me? I post of verses in which quite clearly you are trying to prove OSAS to me biblically.

So when you take the two together and how you did what you did, it is very hard not to think you simply did not like what I was saying because you believe the opposite. It makes me think that if we were on the same side of the beliefs you would have noticed how many times I was told I was of the devil or didn't trust in Christ or the salvation. And it definitely makes me think you would have T-mailed me instead of making me the second person you publicly accused as them being the reason you left Topix. You told JJ that when he was attacking you btw. I was attacking your beliefs

See, many times a rebuke is done not out of love but out of anger or spite. Even if you do love the person. That is actually an unusual dynamic that doesn't come up a lot but does exist. Do I believe you care about me and want what is best for me? Yes I do. That's the truth. Do I think the reason you didn't t-mail me and did what you did and ignored what you ignored is because I was attacking OSAS? Yes. That is the truth

I suppose you will have to decide if you see any truth in that. I admit I am still feeling a little raw towards you. Just like you have always felt arguing has been a problem of mine I have felt there are times you allow your personal feelings to impact your rebuking and don't acknowledge it. But that is more of a flaw that anything bad. I think you are a wonderful person and I do care about you. But you did try to publicly shame and embarrass me and turn people on me and then defended your beliefs. I am a little angry about that. But I will get over it. I have already forgive it. And I will try to take your advice even while disagreeing in the manner in which you gave it

(T) Peace

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#482591 Feb 1, 2013
manoo wrote:
when the spring comes we listen for the crickets but when they are silent we know they are on their phones I miss my village in india
Trying listening to the words that are whispered when raindrops dissipate on the surface of a mud puddle. Maybe you will even hear the sounds of your village if you listen closely enough.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#482592 Feb 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>**EDITED**
Sometimes when one feels they need to defend not only themselves but how they believe...it can turn ugly. My thought is though...should we have to defend ourselves to that point.
.. if you drop the need to protect, defend and justify, a different person emerges ..

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#482594 Feb 1, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>do not become fixated/attached to words.
.. words are important. How we wield them decides if doors open or close ..

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#482595 Feb 1, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Hey Sorry guys... got pulled away to do something else... have to head out and take care of something... God bless everyone.
Sending out Rev study.. Jesus is Lord.
:)
Jesus is Lord........

God is great..........

and Sabu visits the Twin Cities alone..........

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#482596 Feb 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>

Too often IMO people hide behind Bible verses. IMO it is a scape goat to having to think. Easier to throw a verse out there that often they don't understand or is inappropriate to the conversation instead of having to put thought in to it.
Okay...I am wordy this morning so I will continue this in another post.
Trust me you are not the only one that frustrates. And we are probably in agreement here that it isn't the use of the scriptures it is the fact that they refuse to accompany them with anything else. It is a rather subtle but sneaky way of going about things IMO. If they don't give their interpretation nobody can claim they know why they posted it. Nobody has any idea what implication they are making since you don't know how they are interpreting it. Yet the use of scripture would lead one to believe they are at least open to talking about scripture. So you try to get them to explain why they posted to see where they are coming from or you simply are forced to assume so you respond with a question and another verse and they just ignore it.

People imo like to play things safe. Hey you cant come back on me as I didn't insult you, the Bible did. Or you can't question me on this or ask me about that because i am just posting God's Word. And nobody ever has to worry about what another Christian thinks or says or feels if they used scripture.

But like you said it is using it as shield to the truth and their true thoughts and feelings rather than using it to preach the truth. I actually firmly believe if someone is going to use scripture for any purpose they have an obligation to answer if someone asks them how they are interpreting it. Whether they are using it as witness or an insult or to promote a belief or anything what they are doing is using God to talk for them but refusing to clarify what words they are really put in God's mouth by not telling you what they view him to be saying.

I don't like it. Never have, never will

(T) Peace

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#482597 Feb 1, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>no where does it say to worship jesus; either. in fact, it says worship god.
God=Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 15 min Mr Wiggley 31,344
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min guest 687,374
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 47 min Unicorn2331 35
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr dotard tracker 987,387
MY hot aunt 1 hr Mr M 3
Little Jojo 1 hr Johnny 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 1 hr Johnny 30
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,596
More from around the web