Why Should Jesus Love Me?
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#482528 Feb 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who set you up as judge and jury? I thought you guys let God decide?
And btw God has not written any holy books, thats obvious to anyone here. And hell is a fictional place. For the love of all the gods, what kind of monster would saction eternal torture in hellfire for not believing in the absurdities of religion.
heaven and hell are temporal states of mind.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482529 Feb 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
"God's own word" Jesus, what kind of insane planet are you people from?
Interesting post from someone accusing others of judging.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#482530 Feb 1, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>no where does it say to worship jesus; either. in fact, it says worship god.
What religion are you following, cause its not christianity

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482531 Feb 1, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>no where does it say to worship jesus; either. in fact, it says worship god.
Daft. Is it deliberate?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482532 Feb 1, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>so you believe the person has control over you?

Revelation 11:5
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

OUR god is a consuming fire.

i didn't come here to bring peace, but a sword.

you're being tried in the fire. steel yourself.
Done.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#482533 Feb 1, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>heaven and hell are temporal states of mind.
thanks for confirming, you are not a christian. So you go in for a pick and chose philosophy? how does that work
DUANE

Blue Bell, PA

#482534 Feb 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
They're just little dancing or marching bears
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxgridOtJ1...
http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/6213425/il_f...
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy289/fred...
They were conceived to honor a friend of the band called Bear, a former chemist turned sound engineer for the band. Bear was named in the album Bear's Choice, where the little guys first appeared dancing in an endless circle:
http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5350837/il_5...
OK. Bear was Owsley Stanley.
It was reference to the Grateful Dead, GREAT BAND

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482535 Feb 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>Done.
Why are you quoting the end when we were discussing the beginning? Are you trolling?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#482536 Feb 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting post from someone accusing others of judging.
Funny. Point taken.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#482537 Feb 1, 2013
1 Timothy 1:5
The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
~~
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#482538 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
Skombolis (((((Steve))))))))- I don't agree with the other people calling you names either-
The reason I write these warnings to you and others is because we claim to belong and follow Christ. Gods own word tells us to not give in to behaving the way of the world- and that the more we DO behave improperly- the more it seems to us OKAY to misbehave in such ways.... also the more people will be dragged down into misbehavior. The snowball effect I guess...
For way to long too many ?Christians? have followed the path toward hell right here in public view.
I personally believe that not all of the ?Christians? here are really already ?saved?- Not Yet anyways-
... if they are never told that their behavior is on the wrong side of a saved persons- then they will never repent and repair their testimony....maybe never "get the crown" they think they have comming.
Not writing that part to you personally- but to each that discredits the Lord with their wrongful hearts in public posts.
<quoted text>
Timothy Charged to Oppose False Teachers

1 Timothy 1:
3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. 7 They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#482539 Feb 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>But if you think the end is near why you write revelations then I hope you have Jesus.
Why not Muhammed, Buddha, Yahweh, or Krishna? This is what happens. People get fixated on one religious figure. When today we know there are 000s of religions and gods. The world is a lot bigger than the Christian bubble.
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#482540 Feb 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
What religion are you following, cause its not christianity
i don't follow any one thing.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#482542 Feb 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who set you up as judge and jury? I thought you guys let God decide?
And btw God has not written any holy books, thats obvious to anyone here. And hell is a fictional place. For the love of all the gods, what kind of monster would saction eternal torture in hellfire for not believing in the absurdities of religion.
God asks His children to be His hands and feet- to correct each other with love ~ Love for Him and love for each other~ and with love for those who are still seeking to find Him too.

God made each of us judge and jury for each other~ for His purpose and His glory- HE is THE judge and jury- who has provided us His word to help us to follow through with His mandates.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#482543 Feb 1, 2013
EDITED FOR SPACE
Adam wrote:
I'll attempt a prayer too. Skip post if easily offended.
Dear Lord...
That's an excellent start, Adam. Now, don't just wait for the answers. Look for them. But, until you receive them, yourself, let's see if I can shed some light on the subject.

1) Why dont you end wars and innocent suffering now?

ANSWER: Because then, Satan would be proven right. You see, in the beginning, Satan tempted Eve with autonomy, pretty much convincing her that "God" was unnecessary, and that she'd be better off governing herself. In this, Satan was calling "God" a liar. She took the bait, though, and convinced Adam of the same. He accepted the "fruit," too. So, now, based on their decision, "God" allowed time so that we can witness, firsthand, what life is like when we decide to determine, for ourselves, what's right and what's not.

2) Why act as if you dont exist?

ANSWER: He's not going to beg you for attention. And it's not His fault that this world is so overpopulated by hypocrites. But, He did have men that, by inspiration, recorded their personal interaction with Him, so that we can know that He does exist.

3) You big up yourself in the bible and the quran. You say you are a God of love but in your holy books you condemn nearly everyone to eternal torture in hell. If you have any compassion why would you act like a monster in both the old and new testaments?

ANSWER: So as not to create too much controversy, I'm going to refrain from addressing a couple of the comments you made. But, what I will say is this. "God" didn't condemn anyone that didn't deserve whatever justice was served. I know it might not look that way on the surface, but rarely does everything look the way it should on the surface anyway. Growing up, there were times I thought my father was a monster, even at one time accusing him of enjoying the punishments he would administer. As I matured, though, I began to understand his reasons. He became my best friend.

4a) I pray for common sense, and reason...

He's already provided us with all we need to succeed. Now, it's up to you to gather it, depending on how bad you want it. But, know this. If you want strength, "God" will provide you with obstacles, within reason, that will strengthen you. If you want common sense, reason, wisdom, knowledge, or what-have-you, "God" will provide you with situations and circumstances that cause you to exercise your critical thinking skills. Whatever it is you want, "God" will provide. But, He's not just going to hand it to you just like that. You'll work for whatever it is you truly want. That way, you'll appreciate it more in the end. As it's written, "An inheritance may be gotten hastily at the beginning; but the end thereof shall not be blessed."

4b)...for people to stop believing in insane things.

Of a surety, "God" wants the same. But, we must keep in mind that there's a fine line between the sane and the insane. And at times, the line can be smudged. But, a lot of the times, what's sane and insane are based on personal opinions and might not be as they seem after all.

4c) For a start you should put an end to world hunger, poverty and insane madness of religions. I think you siesta has gone on long enough. Time to get on with it. Time to send Jesus and his buddies down to earth again. Let the zombie apocalyse commence. Amen.

You're not alone, Adam.

2Peter 3:3
Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

But, then, Peter explains, "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Keep your senses open now, Adam. You've made the heavens rejoice this day.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#482544 Feb 1, 2013
EDITED FOR SPACE
Adam wrote:
I'll attempt a prayer too. Skip post if easily offended.
Dear Lord...
That's an excellent start, Adam. Now, don't just wait for the answers. Look for them. But, until you receive them, yourself, let's see if I can shed some light on the subject.

1) Why dont you end wars and innocent suffering now?

ANSWER: Because then, Satan would be proven right. You see, in the beginning, Satan tempted Eve with autonomy, pretty much convincing her that "God" was unnecessary, and that she'd be better off governing herself. In this, Satan was calling "God" a liar. She took the bait, though, and convinced Adam of the same. He accepted the "fruit," too. So, now, based on their decision, "God" allowed time so that we can witness, firsthand, what life is like when we decide to determine, for ourselves, what's right and what's not.

2) Why act as if you dont exist?

ANSWER: He's not going to beg you for attention. And it's not His fault that this world is so overpopulated by hypocrites. But, He did have men that, by inspiration, recorded their personal interaction with Him, so that we can know that He does exist.

3) You big up yourself in the bible and the quran. You say you are a God of love but in your holy books you condemn nearly everyone to eternal torture in hell. If you have any compassion why would you act like a monster in both the old and new testaments?

ANSWER: So as not to create too much controversy, I'm going to refrain from addressing a couple of the comments you made. But, what I will say is this. "God" didn't condemn anyone that didn't deserve whatever justice was served. I know it might not look that way on the surface, but rarely does everything look the way it should on the surface anyway. Growing up, there were times I thought my father was a monster, even at one time accusing him of enjoying the punishments he would administer. As I matured, though, I began to understand his reasons. He became my best friend.

4a) I pray for common sense, and reason...

He's already provided us with all we need to succeed. Now, it's up to you to gather it, depending on how bad you want it. But, know this. If you want strength, "God" will provide you with obstacles, within reason, that will strengthen you. If you want common sense, reason, wisdom, knowledge, or what-have-you, "God" will provide you with situations and circumstances that cause you to exercise your critical thinking skills. Whatever it is you want, "God" will provide. But, He's not just going to hand it to you just like that. You'll work for whatever it is you truly want. That way, you'll appreciate it more in the end. As it's written, "An inheritance may be gotten hastily at the beginning; but the end thereof shall not be blessed."

4b)...for people to stop believing in insane things.

Of a surety, "God" wants the same. But, we must keep in mind that there's a fine line between the sane and the insane. And at times, the line can be smudged. But, a lot of the times, what's sane and insane are based on personal opinions and might not be as they seem after all.

4c) For a start you should put an end to world hunger, poverty and insane madness of religions. I think you siesta has gone on long enough. Time to get on with it. Time to send Jesus and his buddies down to earth again. Let the zombie apocalyse commence. Amen.

You're not alone, Adam.

2Peter 3:3
Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

But, then, Peter explains, "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Keep your senses open now, Adam. You've made the heavens rejoice this day, even if for a moment.
uraeus

Middlesboro, KY

#482545 Feb 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for confirming, you are not a christian. So you go in for a pick and chose philosophy? how does that work
i don't go for the dead letter of the words, epeolatry.

all is tautology. once you understand the idea, the words are no longer necessary no matter the philosophy. they are all describing the same thing using different verbiage

notice i changed my moniker but the name conveys a very similar idea if you ignore the form
uraeus

Middlesboro, KY

#482546 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
God asks His children to be His hands and feet- to correct each other with love ~ Love for Him and love for each other~ and with love for those who are still seeking to find Him too.
God made each of us judge and jury for each other~ for His purpose and His glory- HE is THE judge and jury- who has provided us His word to help us to follow through with His mandates.
as edgar cayce would have once said, "we are all a corpuscle in the body of God".

paul explained the allegory as members of one body and how that one(christianity in this case) couldn't claim superiority over another.
kundalini

Middlesboro, KY

#482547 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Timothy Charged to Oppose False Teachers
1 Timothy 1:
3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. 7 They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.
all teachers are false except for the christ consciousness; which is inherent in all. the potential is there for all to be christ.

behold the lambs of god

Jhn 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon,[son] of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him,

###Feed my lambs.###

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

Jeremiah 31:34
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hebrews 8:11
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482549 Feb 1, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>Timothy Charged to Oppose False Teachers

1 Timothy 1:

Hi :) great post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 6 min Rider on the Storm 89
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Joe Fortuna 70,867
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min hojo 658,698
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 32 min Paul 445,533
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 41 min BLDG SEVEN 183,459
ATTENTION K ikers! Come to Topix Columbus Ohio 45 min Come To Columbus ... 1
Mark Zuckerberg Is A Zionist Jew (Jul '12) 47 min LAVON AFFAIR 6
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr gundee123 5,010
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 282,977
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 974,724
More from around the web