“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#482417 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a Greek; A Benjamite, not a Jew; a Roman citizen; a Roman employee and colaborator in the execution of Jews and Christians; a theif of other churches funds; a fraud and a liar. All by his own admition in his own letters.
The worst is IMHO he became the role model for what was to become Modern Christianity.
your opinion that no agree with the bible.

The bible call Paul a Jew. You can't stand up against a faith with billions of people scholars archaelogists and universities and you come with you delusional opinion. you not making no sense writer.

So I no know with you crazed obsession with paul if you think somehow your opinion will worth nothing more than the myth you mind made it up in.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#482418 Jan 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>boring boring. again, you weak opinions....
It's not my "opinion" it is Paul's own words in YOUR Bible.

Feel free to lie about it if you choose. It's just a book.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#482419 Jan 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>your opinion that no agree with the bible.
The bible call Paul a Jew.....
Yep. Yhe author of Acts or a translator made a mistake or was a liar. In either case it is PROVEN WRONG. It is just a book and full of errors. Is your deity so pathetic it can;t write a decent book ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#482420 Jan 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>...
is like someone off the street go look in the koran ....
WTF ?????

Are you on dope, too ?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#482421 Jan 31, 2013
@SENACUS....i had a long post to u in response but must have closed my phone b4 it sent. But the real short of it was I see it like The Prodical Son. Whether someone can lose salvation or simply receives the promise and must endure to me equates to the same result. And if all sins of the flesh are equal than no matter how heinous we may rate them Id assume only a truly unrepentant heart and break from God would result in a fall beyond repentence. Anything short of that God always takes us back but we have to want to be in his arms and we show that thru faith and obedience. I see it as less of a sword and more of a choice..a fork in the road so-to-speak. Each day we decide which way to walk. Some days it takes doubling back. But the choice will always be ours. His love is there for the taking but he doesnt offer it to those who refuse to obey or refuse to remain faithful. He accepts our failings so long as we have a repentant heart and a desire to follow him. Jmo (T) Peace

“Love much, trust none”

There

#482422 Jan 31, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
... was trying to facilitate others to 'dig'...
All they seem to be able to do is hang the shovel above their heads with spiderweb. LOL

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#482423 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
This isn;t a dig at you but can you prove that yours is not the heresy ?
No worried, friend. You've always been respectful toward me. Even if I read a post from you, to me, and it seemed like a "dig," I would automatically conclude that it wasn't intentional. With that being said...
G_O_D wrote:
Everyone on here believes they have the "only truth" and everyone else is deceived. YET, none in 2000 years has proved a single thing. This is why there are 38,000 divisions in Christianity.
True, indeed. Do I have the truth? You tell me!

All I ask is that my assertions aren't so hastily dismissed as heresy, erroneous, or ignorance. Rather, I encourage everyone to examine my assertions by measuring them against what's written and not by what we believe we have engraved to memory. Many of us believe we have scriptures and their actual interpretations engraved to memory, but when all's said and done, it's actually our leaders'(and their leaders', and their leaders', and their leaders', etc., etc., etc.) interpretations engraved to memory and not the accurate interpretation of the scripture, at all.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#482424 Jan 31, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>...
All I ask is that my assertions aren't so hastily dismissed as heresy, erroneous, or ignorance. Rather, I encourage everyone to examine my assertions by measuring them against what's written and not by what we believe we have engraved to memory. Many of us believe we have scriptures and their actual interpretations engraved to memory, but when all's said and done, it's actually our leaders'(and their leaders', and their leaders', and their leaders', etc., etc., etc.) interpretations engraved to memory and not the accurate interpretation of the scripture, at all.
That is a reasonable request. I just ask people to look at things from a different angle. Amazing what is revealed, even if you just tilt your head a little. <smile>

I have have quite a bit 'written in stone' in my life but it certainly isn't written in any human language. Hope that made sense even to my atheist friends.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#482425 Jan 31, 2013
^^^have found, not have have ^^^^^

I huess I should go to bed. LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#482426 Jan 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>.... scholars archaelogists and universities and you come with you delusional opinion....
We are not the ones who are delusional.

If I were a Christian, after reading you and others just like you, I wouldn't be one for long.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#482427 Jan 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
....Teachings are useless when one does not put them into action.....
Agreed, but one needs to know those teachings first. I could care less what Mose or Paul taught. All I usually ask is "What did Jesus say?".

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#482428 Jan 31, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Putting words in my mouth or posts.???? Are you learning from Skom and Lawless or are THEY learning from you.?????????
Relax, O sensitive one. I was merely asking questions. You're the one that brought up the Holy Spirit, so I was just wondering. And in saying that, I'll ask again.

Can you move mountains? Is the size of your faith, at least, equivalent to that of a mustard seed?
simplyput wrote:
You asked that question, I answered it from what I would do!.
Do you know what righteousness and UNrighteousness is?
I do, but I'm wondering if you do? If you do, how do you know between the two. By what have you learned righteousness and unrighteousness?
simplyput wrote:
Me knowing that the Holy Spirit will guide me , is not saying that I said , I can do greater things than Christ, where on earth did you come up with such a statement.? and WHY did you comment like that?
Because, when people mention the Holy Spirit, those particular verses come to mind. And I wonder.
simplyput wrote:
Why are you in such a pitiful way about the Bible? Why are you so contradictive?
I know not what you mean. Can you, please and if you will, elaborate?
simplyput wrote:
These so-called ministers you spoke of that do these adultrious acts doesn't mean I ME MYSELF would do that.!
Why do you all do that?! I never said YOU sinned. I was merely asking what your thoughts and beliefs were concerning all those religious leaders that claimed to be saved, born-again, and what-not, and got caught in some type of scandal. If any one of them died before they either, repented, or got caught and repented, would they still be saved?
simplyput wrote:
What kind of relirious person are you?
I am a tad unorthodox, aren't I?
simplyput wrote:
If you do not have CONFIDENCE in your Salvation , and you EAR you won't be saved then continue to try to be PERFECT in every way--
good luck
Oh, I have confidence, alright. As long as I know I'm making a valiant effort to fulfill love while I endure on my trek. But, if I don't, I'm sure my confidence will dwindle away, just like my chances of being saved for eternity. So, in that, it's my healthy fear that reminds me that I never want to fall into the hands of our appointed Judge- the same that can destroy both, body and spirit. But, as to becoming perfect? I'm going to try with all my being, just as we were instructed. You can take the lukewarm path if you want to. That's on you. Don't say you weren't warned, though.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#482429 Jan 31, 2013
Well...I'm off to bed. But, be not dismayed at my departure. I'll be sure to share my beliefs regarding...

Romans 2:14

Romans 3:21-22

Romans 4:14, 16

John 1:16

Hebrews 7:11, 14

...if it be the Lord's will.

Until then...

Shalowm to all of you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#482430 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, but one needs to know those teachings first. I could care less what Mose or Paul taught. All I usually ask is "What did Jesus say?".
I not going to give you what any of the New Testament read nor the Old Testament either.Here is why:First you already know that question is unanswerable.Mankind has only what is written of him.Second:you already layed claim in many post you do not believe in Jesus Christ only God.Third:Why would you express a interest in what He said since you do not believe in Him????

Location hidden

#482431 Feb 1, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>

or if you think I am someone else, this cindy guy or whoever you want me to be.
You know what's funny? I actually focused on the fact a "new" poster would have zero reason to make such a claim to me since they would have never seen me accuse anybody of being Cindy and am so used to socks pretending not to know someone's gender as a tactic that I missed the really obvious. It would have been one thing if you said "I am not this End Times guy" Why would any poster, new or otherwise think someone named Cindy is a guy?

That just goes to show how long you have been playing your sock games. The tactics come so naturally to you that you didn't even realize you were pretending to think someone named Cindy was a man You are not some neutral observer that came to some conclusions by observing. You are a biased with an agenda of division. If you had any credibility you wouldn't need to hide your already anonymous known identity.

And this is Topix and all that is fine and well. If grown-ups want to play these games i won't lose any sleep over it. But don't drag Jesus into it. Don't pretend you are here to teach others about Jesus. At least not while lying in the same breath under a disguised name. Have the courtesy to your own faith to give your witness with some measure of integrity. Hopefully whoever you are when you next talk about Christ it will not be part of some agenda and you will do so as who people know you by and for the right reasons. Keep the games and the witness separate is all I saying.

Location hidden

#482432 Feb 1, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Well...I'm off to bed. But, be not dismayed at my departure. I'll be sure to share my beliefs regarding...
Romans 2:14
Romans 3:21-22
Romans 4:14, 16
John 1:16
Hebrews 7:11, 14
...if it be the Lord's will.
Until then...
Shalowm to all of you.
Can I be a little dismayed?

:)

Sleep well brother

No matter how little of incentive there may be to pursue any of this on such a medium under such conditions it will never be time wasted. Now I know people often like to compare themselves to Jesus and say he was hated and compare themselves to that in a context that doesn't apply such as within the faith or especially over personal disagreements so I would never make such a claim. It would also presuppose me being faultless which clearly I am not. But I can say with complete sincerity that if anybody, including myself comes away with even a tiny better understanding of something it was time well spent

Some people may think that is crazy. But imagine if every day we learned the Bible just a tiny bit better? Got to know Christ just a tiny bit better? Understood what he wants from us just a tiny bit better? Man if that happened 365 times a year how much ground would all those baby-steps cover? We can indeed move mountains. Even if it is only one inch at a time

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#482433 Feb 1, 2013
A story of faith for the unbelievers

What you don't understand is that it would make no difference if somehow you proved the entire Bible was fiction because it would have been a hoax that backfired on the one that made it. Let me use an example you can relate to. Let's say you tell someone a leprechaun buried a pot of gold over the hill and the person runs off to search for it and you and your buddies all laugh. And the man starts digging for it and strikes oil and becomes a billionaire. The Bible has brought me to God and even if the Bible turned out to be a story about leprechauns I still struck oil because God is most definitely real

My cousin died when he was four of cancer. His parents made the gut-wrenching decision to discontinue his chemo. Kill him slowly and painfully but prolong his life or let him die was their choice. As painful as it was it turned out to be no choice at all. They stopped his treatments. He was still in a great deal of pain and was crying and trembling the night he died. And right in the middle of crying he suddenly went quiet. He was lying on the couch and smiled as he looked up. He stretched out his hand over his head as if to touch something, still smiling, and then he died.

Now some might try to tell you that neurons burning out dampened the pain receptors. And at the same time that also caused aural hallucinations. And they will say it is a coincidence those hallucinations were ones a small child found so peaceful in his waning moments. They will tell you that because they have to in order to deny there is a God. To deny there is a world outside what we can physically touch. They will say everyone in that room needs to believe this to make it easier to accept. They would be wrong

No belief in the world takes the pain away from a child dying. It just doesn't. And nobody that night was of the mind-set to search for a silver lining. Or to pacify themselves with the comfort of an after-life. The only emotions were those of emotional torture. But if you were in that room you would just know. I wish here was a better way to explain it but that is the truth. When you are in the middle of a miracle that you never saw coming it washes over you and there is just no denying it.

We still spent the night crying and mourning, maybe in hindsight we were crying for ourselves and our own pain. But in the midst of the tears we knew. We knew where he was and what had happened. It was a while before we could take comfort it that but we knew. So you may think some crazy or strange or backwards or living in the dark ages because of whatever historical or prejudicial feeling you have about the Bible. But it has led us into the light. It has led us to understanding better how to look for a world you see with your heart and not your mind. It has led us to God. And no matter how much dissecting of the Bible is done, that will never change

(T) Peace

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#482434 Feb 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
More Food For Thought....after 1.5 days of confrontational and nasty exchanges where most ppl would try to get things back on track what does Grace Walker do? She comes in here and starts making as many posts to the room loaded with as much potential controversy as she can muster and filled with things like "if you dont believe this you are calling God a lair". Can anyone say with a straight face her intent was anything even remotely peqaceful? She wasnt responding to attacks or anything said to her. She did this on her own just to do it. No doubt emboldened by some FaceBook support as well. This is a person who wants lines drawn and that I am sure is doing all she can behind the scenes to promote the division so long as it benefits her. Unsolicited and unprovoked her goal today was to try to get things stirred up because she felt she had the support to do so. Be careful who you rebuke and why my friends because some ppl are just using u.and telling u how they just want peace when that is not the truth
I just wanted to remind you of your comment criticizing nonbelievers about their interest in your internal doctrinal squabbles, which currently comprises about half of the thread:

"I have always found it interesting how many people take such interest and seemingly pleasure out watching Christians debate scripture. I have literally seen people post about it in other rooms and seen people come running to watch."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

You even added this gratuitous insult: "I think if people are that vested in what others do online they need to reevaluate their lives."

How about you quibbling over how many angels can stand on the head of a pin?

As you see, we couldn't care less. Far from running to threads to see it or to tell of it, there's barely been even a mention of it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#482435 Feb 1, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I don't hate you at all, but ...
IANS wrote:
That's not credible.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I don't hate anyone but ...
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. a wise man once told me, "When you hear, "but," erase everything that appeared before the word." ..
That's exactly how I feel about the meaning of the word "but":

"I'm all for science, but ..."
No he's not.

"I'm all for freedom of speech, but ..."
No he's not.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. you're doing a fine job AIN ..
Thank you, little sister. And so are you. Your gentle exhortations cut like a knife.

Location hidden

#482436 Feb 1, 2013
How that relates to OSAS

Food for thought

I knew from an early teen God was real. Not because i was taught that or because society told me to believe it or because others believed it. I knew because i just knew. That night with my cousin was the first experience I had with God but was not my last before things had gone downhill.

I went away to college and did the normal college stuff. Or what seemed normal to someone who spent their teen years drinking regularly and having sex as often as my girlfriend would allow. I spent literally 6 nights a week if not 7 drunk and high on something and either out in street-fights or hooking up with strangers. If it was a great night it was all of the above. One night some people broke into our place and were stealing from it when we came home. They viciously attacked my friends giving them nasty injuries. My reaction was deemed excessive. When the legal system has run its course I was given a year in jail

When I got out I turned to opiates so as to avoid the pitfalls of drinking. Pills turned to methadone. Methadone turned to heroin. I had long since abandoned prayer. I was quite certain either God didn't exist or if he did that I didn't care. I spent years as a liar and an addict until I was homeless. I found an abandoned room in the hosing projects that somehow had one working outlet and running water in the shower which also was my bed. I would put a chair up to the doorknob and slide a broken couch behind that. Each night high on heroin and crack I would sleep in the tub with a gun on my chest. It was only a matter of time before someone got killed even if it was me

As I lay in that bathtub, high on drugs with hate in my heart and violence in my soul and as far apart from God as anyone could possibly be.....was I saved? I had experienced God as a child. I believed. I knew he was real. So nobody can tell me at one point i must not have ever really believed. So if my life had ended in the housing project, saved or unsaved and why or why not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 6 min chalukya rashtrak... 1,234
bless the jews (Nov '08) 7 min garments of priests 7,050
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 14 min Dr Abdullah Saleh 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min pusherman_ 773,467
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 37 min shyam 5,499
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min Shelflife 264,980
Darüssafaka Profilo 299 I5 34 PROFILO istinye... 1 hr tenzanen 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Ink 558,857
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Dolphin 441,751
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Catcher1 175,509
More from around the web