“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#482427 Jan 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
....Teachings are useless when one does not put them into action.....
Agreed, but one needs to know those teachings first. I could care less what Mose or Paul taught. All I usually ask is "What did Jesus say?".

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#482428 Jan 31, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Putting words in my mouth or posts.???? Are you learning from Skom and Lawless or are THEY learning from you.?????????
Relax, O sensitive one. I was merely asking questions. You're the one that brought up the Holy Spirit, so I was just wondering. And in saying that, I'll ask again.

Can you move mountains? Is the size of your faith, at least, equivalent to that of a mustard seed?
simplyput wrote:
You asked that question, I answered it from what I would do!.
Do you know what righteousness and UNrighteousness is?
I do, but I'm wondering if you do? If you do, how do you know between the two. By what have you learned righteousness and unrighteousness?
simplyput wrote:
Me knowing that the Holy Spirit will guide me , is not saying that I said , I can do greater things than Christ, where on earth did you come up with such a statement.? and WHY did you comment like that?
Because, when people mention the Holy Spirit, those particular verses come to mind. And I wonder.
simplyput wrote:
Why are you in such a pitiful way about the Bible? Why are you so contradictive?
I know not what you mean. Can you, please and if you will, elaborate?
simplyput wrote:
These so-called ministers you spoke of that do these adultrious acts doesn't mean I ME MYSELF would do that.!
Why do you all do that?! I never said YOU sinned. I was merely asking what your thoughts and beliefs were concerning all those religious leaders that claimed to be saved, born-again, and what-not, and got caught in some type of scandal. If any one of them died before they either, repented, or got caught and repented, would they still be saved?
simplyput wrote:
What kind of relirious person are you?
I am a tad unorthodox, aren't I?
simplyput wrote:
If you do not have CONFIDENCE in your Salvation , and you EAR you won't be saved then continue to try to be PERFECT in every way--
good luck
Oh, I have confidence, alright. As long as I know I'm making a valiant effort to fulfill love while I endure on my trek. But, if I don't, I'm sure my confidence will dwindle away, just like my chances of being saved for eternity. So, in that, it's my healthy fear that reminds me that I never want to fall into the hands of our appointed Judge- the same that can destroy both, body and spirit. But, as to becoming perfect? I'm going to try with all my being, just as we were instructed. You can take the lukewarm path if you want to. That's on you. Don't say you weren't warned, though.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#482429 Jan 31, 2013
Well...I'm off to bed. But, be not dismayed at my departure. I'll be sure to share my beliefs regarding...

Romans 2:14

Romans 3:21-22

Romans 4:14, 16

John 1:16

Hebrews 7:11, 14

...if it be the Lord's will.

Until then...

Shalowm to all of you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#482430 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, but one needs to know those teachings first. I could care less what Mose or Paul taught. All I usually ask is "What did Jesus say?".
I not going to give you what any of the New Testament read nor the Old Testament either.Here is why:First you already know that question is unanswerable.Mankind has only what is written of him.Second:you already layed claim in many post you do not believe in Jesus Christ only God.Third:Why would you express a interest in what He said since you do not believe in Him????

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#482431 Feb 1, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>

or if you think I am someone else, this cindy guy or whoever you want me to be.
You know what's funny? I actually focused on the fact a "new" poster would have zero reason to make such a claim to me since they would have never seen me accuse anybody of being Cindy and am so used to socks pretending not to know someone's gender as a tactic that I missed the really obvious. It would have been one thing if you said "I am not this End Times guy" Why would any poster, new or otherwise think someone named Cindy is a guy?

That just goes to show how long you have been playing your sock games. The tactics come so naturally to you that you didn't even realize you were pretending to think someone named Cindy was a man You are not some neutral observer that came to some conclusions by observing. You are a biased with an agenda of division. If you had any credibility you wouldn't need to hide your already anonymous known identity.

And this is Topix and all that is fine and well. If grown-ups want to play these games i won't lose any sleep over it. But don't drag Jesus into it. Don't pretend you are here to teach others about Jesus. At least not while lying in the same breath under a disguised name. Have the courtesy to your own faith to give your witness with some measure of integrity. Hopefully whoever you are when you next talk about Christ it will not be part of some agenda and you will do so as who people know you by and for the right reasons. Keep the games and the witness separate is all I saying.

Location hidden

#482432 Feb 1, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Well...I'm off to bed. But, be not dismayed at my departure. I'll be sure to share my beliefs regarding...
Romans 2:14
Romans 3:21-22
Romans 4:14, 16
John 1:16
Hebrews 7:11, 14
...if it be the Lord's will.
Until then...
Shalowm to all of you.
Can I be a little dismayed?

:)

Sleep well brother

No matter how little of incentive there may be to pursue any of this on such a medium under such conditions it will never be time wasted. Now I know people often like to compare themselves to Jesus and say he was hated and compare themselves to that in a context that doesn't apply such as within the faith or especially over personal disagreements so I would never make such a claim. It would also presuppose me being faultless which clearly I am not. But I can say with complete sincerity that if anybody, including myself comes away with even a tiny better understanding of something it was time well spent

Some people may think that is crazy. But imagine if every day we learned the Bible just a tiny bit better? Got to know Christ just a tiny bit better? Understood what he wants from us just a tiny bit better? Man if that happened 365 times a year how much ground would all those baby-steps cover? We can indeed move mountains. Even if it is only one inch at a time

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#482433 Feb 1, 2013
A story of faith for the unbelievers

What you don't understand is that it would make no difference if somehow you proved the entire Bible was fiction because it would have been a hoax that backfired on the one that made it. Let me use an example you can relate to. Let's say you tell someone a leprechaun buried a pot of gold over the hill and the person runs off to search for it and you and your buddies all laugh. And the man starts digging for it and strikes oil and becomes a billionaire. The Bible has brought me to God and even if the Bible turned out to be a story about leprechauns I still struck oil because God is most definitely real

My cousin died when he was four of cancer. His parents made the gut-wrenching decision to discontinue his chemo. Kill him slowly and painfully but prolong his life or let him die was their choice. As painful as it was it turned out to be no choice at all. They stopped his treatments. He was still in a great deal of pain and was crying and trembling the night he died. And right in the middle of crying he suddenly went quiet. He was lying on the couch and smiled as he looked up. He stretched out his hand over his head as if to touch something, still smiling, and then he died.

Now some might try to tell you that neurons burning out dampened the pain receptors. And at the same time that also caused aural hallucinations. And they will say it is a coincidence those hallucinations were ones a small child found so peaceful in his waning moments. They will tell you that because they have to in order to deny there is a God. To deny there is a world outside what we can physically touch. They will say everyone in that room needs to believe this to make it easier to accept. They would be wrong

No belief in the world takes the pain away from a child dying. It just doesn't. And nobody that night was of the mind-set to search for a silver lining. Or to pacify themselves with the comfort of an after-life. The only emotions were those of emotional torture. But if you were in that room you would just know. I wish here was a better way to explain it but that is the truth. When you are in the middle of a miracle that you never saw coming it washes over you and there is just no denying it.

We still spent the night crying and mourning, maybe in hindsight we were crying for ourselves and our own pain. But in the midst of the tears we knew. We knew where he was and what had happened. It was a while before we could take comfort it that but we knew. So you may think some crazy or strange or backwards or living in the dark ages because of whatever historical or prejudicial feeling you have about the Bible. But it has led us into the light. It has led us to understanding better how to look for a world you see with your heart and not your mind. It has led us to God. And no matter how much dissecting of the Bible is done, that will never change

(T) Peace

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#482434 Feb 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
More Food For Thought....after 1.5 days of confrontational and nasty exchanges where most ppl would try to get things back on track what does Grace Walker do? She comes in here and starts making as many posts to the room loaded with as much potential controversy as she can muster and filled with things like "if you dont believe this you are calling God a lair". Can anyone say with a straight face her intent was anything even remotely peqaceful? She wasnt responding to attacks or anything said to her. She did this on her own just to do it. No doubt emboldened by some FaceBook support as well. This is a person who wants lines drawn and that I am sure is doing all she can behind the scenes to promote the division so long as it benefits her. Unsolicited and unprovoked her goal today was to try to get things stirred up because she felt she had the support to do so. Be careful who you rebuke and why my friends because some ppl are just using u.and telling u how they just want peace when that is not the truth
I just wanted to remind you of your comment criticizing nonbelievers about their interest in your internal doctrinal squabbles, which currently comprises about half of the thread:

"I have always found it interesting how many people take such interest and seemingly pleasure out watching Christians debate scripture. I have literally seen people post about it in other rooms and seen people come running to watch."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

You even added this gratuitous insult: "I think if people are that vested in what others do online they need to reevaluate their lives."

How about you quibbling over how many angels can stand on the head of a pin?

As you see, we couldn't care less. Far from running to threads to see it or to tell of it, there's barely been even a mention of it.

Fennario

#482435 Feb 1, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I don't hate you at all, but ...
IANS wrote:
That's not credible.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I don't hate anyone but ...
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. a wise man once told me, "When you hear, "but," erase everything that appeared before the word." ..
That's exactly how I feel about the meaning of the word "but":

"I'm all for science, but ..."
No he's not.

"I'm all for freedom of speech, but ..."
No he's not.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. you're doing a fine job AIN ..
Thank you, little sister. And so are you. Your gentle exhortations cut like a knife.

Location hidden

#482436 Feb 1, 2013
How that relates to OSAS

Food for thought

I knew from an early teen God was real. Not because i was taught that or because society told me to believe it or because others believed it. I knew because i just knew. That night with my cousin was the first experience I had with God but was not my last before things had gone downhill.

I went away to college and did the normal college stuff. Or what seemed normal to someone who spent their teen years drinking regularly and having sex as often as my girlfriend would allow. I spent literally 6 nights a week if not 7 drunk and high on something and either out in street-fights or hooking up with strangers. If it was a great night it was all of the above. One night some people broke into our place and were stealing from it when we came home. They viciously attacked my friends giving them nasty injuries. My reaction was deemed excessive. When the legal system has run its course I was given a year in jail

When I got out I turned to opiates so as to avoid the pitfalls of drinking. Pills turned to methadone. Methadone turned to heroin. I had long since abandoned prayer. I was quite certain either God didn't exist or if he did that I didn't care. I spent years as a liar and an addict until I was homeless. I found an abandoned room in the hosing projects that somehow had one working outlet and running water in the shower which also was my bed. I would put a chair up to the doorknob and slide a broken couch behind that. Each night high on heroin and crack I would sleep in the tub with a gun on my chest. It was only a matter of time before someone got killed even if it was me

As I lay in that bathtub, high on drugs with hate in my heart and violence in my soul and as far apart from God as anyone could possibly be.....was I saved? I had experienced God as a child. I believed. I knew he was real. So nobody can tell me at one point i must not have ever really believed. So if my life had ended in the housing project, saved or unsaved and why or why not?

Fennario

#482437 Feb 1, 2013
To Skombolis:
Grace Walker wrote:
We were doing fine until you lost your hotheaded temper. Am I just suppose to sit here and let you talk to me anyway you want to and remain civil to you?
Grace under fire.
Grace Walker wrote:
I could have got angry over you saying that women are only saved through child bearing, but I overlooked it.
That's what I call cold bigotry.

It's not necessarily delivered with hatred, and might even be sincere. But it's demeaning anyway. Somebody who disesteemed women came up with it, and the priests have been repeating it to one another and their congregations ever since. Even if not delivered with hatred by the most recent vector of the meme, it was conceived in hatred.

It's the same with the atheophobia and homophobia. You've got people telling others how much they love them "but" ... they're all rebellious, defective in their god's eyes, and going to burn in hell anyway. But may the god bless them, and may they find the love of Jesus to correct their black, Satan-infested hearts before its too late.

Location hidden

#482438 Feb 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted to remind you of your comment criticizing nonbelievers about their interest in your internal doctrinal squabbles, which currently comprises about half of the thread:
"I have always found it interesting how many people take such interest and seemingly pleasure out watching Christians debate scripture. I have literally seen people post about it in other rooms and seen people come running to watch."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
You even added this gratuitous insult: "I think if people are that vested in what others do online they need to reevaluate their lives."
How about you quibbling over how many angels can stand on the head of a pin?
As you see, we couldn't care less. Far from running to threads to see it or to tell of it, there's barely been even a mention of it.
You have completely missed the point, which at this point does not surprise me. In fact you have helped me continue to make my point. My religious beliefs are important to me. I have a vested interest in the bible. It is a part of my life and of course it will a subject I am passionate about, interested in, and willing to debate and even argue over.

You on the other hand have nothing better to do than to watch other people in the midst of living their life. How could it possibly be interesting to you to watch believers argue over a book you don't believe about beliefs you don't subscribe to from a religion you claim you left? Yet here you are. Day after day to play witness to the exchanges of others for no other reason than to try to interject criticism towards what other people are talking about. It would seem today you might not have even used the bathroom upon waking up before scrambling over to your computer screen. Its 5am and you are here quick as ever to start the day watching Christians and judging Christians. You aren't here for fellowship or friendship or to share stories or to learn. You are just here to worry about what other people are up to. That is some life you got there.

I rest my case

Location hidden

#482439 Feb 1, 2013
To Skombolis:
<quoted text>
Grace under fire.
<quoted text>
That's what I call cold bigotry.
It's not necessarily delivered with hatred, and might even be sincere. But it's demeaning anyway. Somebody who disesteemed women came up with it, and the priests have been repeating it to one another and their congregations ever since. Even if not delivered with hatred by the most recent vector of the meme, it was conceived in hatred.
It's the same with the atheophobia and homophobia. You've got people telling others how much they love them "but" ... they're all rebellious, defective in their god's eyes, and going to burn in hell anyway. But may the god bless them, and may they find the love of Jesus to correct their black, Satan-infested hearts before its too late.
LOL

So I assume when you were a Christian you did not know the Bible well because even as an ex-christian you still don't

Those were not my thoughts. I was inquiring how a woman who subscribes to the teachings of Paul not in conjunction with Jesus but over Jesus felt about this verse

1Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing--if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

And I will now remind you that it was you who said that while at one point you resented Paul you later came to find him to have set the much higher moral bar. That is an interesting hole you have dug for yourself. How will you be right as always in your mind and harmonize both your posts?

Location hidden

#482440 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>

And I know this is gonna come as a shock to your gargantuan ego but you and yes even you and some of your buddies don't consist of everybody on Topix! So just because you have broadcast it elsewhere in the past to get people to come running doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I have seen it happen. Although I was impressed with that substantial argument you made about me not literally seeing the posts entered into someone's computer! Talk about how many angels on the head of a pin! And you say "barely a mention". That sounds like a mention to me! Do you see anybody here saying "you guys see what those non-Christians are up to in that other room"?

But here's the kicker. You mock Christians for debating the Bible yet you sit around and watch them do it. How foolish does that make you?

Fennario

#482441 Feb 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
That doesnt make any sense. God would be an added person a believer wants forgiveness from for a wrong act, not a replacement.
Not necessarily. Apologizing to the offended party is optional. It's not even necessary for you to think about whether you owe anybody an apology. You just demand forgiveness nonspecificallty: "forgive us our trespasses as ..."

Skombolis wrote:
Believing in God doesnt make one not want to make ammends with who they have hurt
That's correct. Cowardice does.

But belief in forgiveness on demand allows those so predisposed to avoid making amends and feel forgiven anyway. After all, you're not perfect, right? Only forgiven.

But not by me. Your personal slams at me, for example, are still in play in this relationship, even if you've long since forgiven yourself for them and forgotten them.

I understand that you don't care. That's the point. You don't feel you need to.
Skombolis wrote:
If when you were a Christian that is how you behaved then I am glad you left the faith
There you go again.

Location hidden

#482442 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Not necessarily. Apologizing to the offended party is optional. It's not even necessary for you to think about whether you owe anybody an apology. You just demand forgiveness nonspecificallty: "forgive us our trespasses as ..."
<quoted text>
That's correct. Cowardice does.
But belief in forgiveness on demand allows those so predisposed to avoid making amends and feel forgiven anyway. After all, you're not perfect, right? Only forgiven.
But not by me. Your personal slams at me, for example, are still in play in this relationship, even if you've long since forgiven yourself for them and forgotten them.
I understand that you don't care. That's the point. You don't feel you need to.
<quoted text>
There you go again.
I see you avoided the main point and i understand why.

See as an ex-Christian you like to play games like telling people they feel they don't have to apologize to others because they can get an imaginary God to forgive them

Of course you are not clever enough to have the foresight to realize someone would turn that around on you. Why would you think that? When you were a Christian were you the type of person who didn't care about the people you hurt? Because the Christians I know care not only what God thinks but about the feelings of those they have injured. So maybe the reason you have such a poor opinion of Christians and their morality is because when you were a Christian you were an immoral person?

Or when you were a Christian you did care about people you hurt and believing in God didn't change that which makes your questions now disingenuous and dishonest. So which is it? Were you immoral then or a liar now?

Fennario

#482443 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Actually his icon is probably screaming "Anyone got any acid ?" LOL
They're just little dancing or marching bears

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxgridOtJ1...
http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/6213425/il_f...
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy289/fred...

They were conceived to honor a friend of the band called Bear, a former chemist turned sound engineer for the band. Bear was named in the album Bear's Choice, where the little guys first appeared dancing in an endless circle:
http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5350837/il_5...

OK. Bear was Owsley Stanley.

Location hidden

#482444 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>

I didn't realize I had injured you. Are you saying I have hurt your feelings? If that is the case I will apologize and stop. I assumed from your interactions you could handle it. In fact you made a post about Whispers saying if she could say things in a public forum she could handle the backlash so i assumed you felt the same about yourself

If I am wrong and I have hurt you please let me know and I will take the appropriate steps

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#482445 Feb 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Gueez what is this here tonight
Well if you insist (((spam))).
That was my guess :)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#482446 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
There is a vast difference between hugging your mother because you love her and hugging your mother so she doesn't beat the crap out of you.

Ask yourself, "Why do I 'hug' God ?"
Because I Love Him <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Double Fine 830,161
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Gods r Delusions ... 585,683
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 14 min WasteWater 3,919
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 36 min rajivas 92
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 42 min Neelakaran 6,402
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 43 min Anon 93
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 99,230
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 hr WasteWater 270,839
More from around the web