Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#482443 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Actually his icon is probably screaming "Anyone got any acid ?" LOL
They're just little dancing or marching bears

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxgridOtJ1...
http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/6213425/il_f...
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy289/fred...

They were conceived to honor a friend of the band called Bear, a former chemist turned sound engineer for the band. Bear was named in the album Bear's Choice, where the little guys first appeared dancing in an endless circle:
http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5350837/il_5...

OK. Bear was Owsley Stanley.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#482444 Feb 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>

But not by me. Your personal slams at me, for example, are still in play in this relationship, even if you've long since forgiven yourself for them and forgotten them.
I didn't realize I had injured you. Are you saying I have hurt your feelings? If that is the case I will apologize and stop. I assumed from your interactions you could handle it. In fact you made a post about Whispers saying if she could say things in a public forum she could handle the backlash so i assumed you felt the same about yourself

If I am wrong and I have hurt you please let me know and I will take the appropriate steps

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482445 Feb 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Gueez what is this here tonight
Well if you insist (((spam))).
That was my guess :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482446 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
There is a vast difference between hugging your mother because you love her and hugging your mother so she doesn't beat the crap out of you.

Ask yourself, "Why do I 'hug' God ?"
Because I Love Him <3

Location hidden

#482448 Feb 1, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I Love Him <3
What's up pajama mama?

I was wondering where you got off to

And no I had no reason for saying "pajama mama" I don't know why it popped into my head! LOL

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482449 Feb 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
All this I have spoken while still with you.But the counselor the Holy spirit whom the Father will send in my name,will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.Peace I leave with you,my peace I give to you.I do not give to you as the world gives.Do not let your hearts be troubled and do no be afraid.
Amen <3

Fennario

#482450 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to meet a guy who dislikes lesbian sex.
"If the basic constants of fundamental physical laws were even slightly different, lesbian sex could not exist. Ergo, God exists, and He is a bro who likes to watch women get it on." - Blake Stacey

Location hidden

#482451 Feb 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And I know this is gonna come as a shock to your gargantuan ego but you and yes even you and some of your buddies don't consist of everybody on Topix! So just because you have broadcast it elsewhere in the past to get people to come running doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I have seen it happen. Although I was impressed with that substantial argument you made about me not literally seeing the posts entered into someone's computer! Talk about how many angels on the head of a pin! And you say "barely a mention". That sounds like a mention to me! Do you see anybody here saying "you guys see what those non-Christians are up to in that other room"?
But here's the kicker. You mock Christians for debating the Bible yet you sit around and watch them do it. How foolish does that make you?
Correction

So just because you have NOT broadcast it elsewhere in the past to get people

Fennario

#482452 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Might as well have a deity kissing toads and proclaiming them princes while leaving them as toads.
That's quotable.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482453 Feb 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>In my experience that is when people show their truest colors. If you are good with someone after that you know you can trust them. Trust generally begets trust and same with respect. The fact that we could go toe to toe and still be friends is exactly why I knew we would be stay friends. Some people are as friendly as the first time you cross them. two people that can both say "my bad" and shake hands probably have good things to look forward to(T) PEACE
That's lovely Skom <3

Fennario

#482454 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
There is a vast difference between hugging your mother because you love her and hugging your mother so she doesn't beat the crap out of you. Ask yourself, "Why do I 'hug' God ?"
And another - quotable, that is.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482455 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>What did Paul do bad?
I think he owes him money.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482456 Feb 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>It's OK. Just got accepted as a "real perfesser". Not sure when those classes will start though. Not looking forward to having two jobs at this age. Never know until you try though. Damned swords... LOL

How are things in your neck of the woods ?
What do you teach? If you don't mind me asking...
<3

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#482457 Feb 1, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I hear ya, Brother, loud and clear! LOL! BUT...
I keep in mind all those that don't get involved in our debate and just read, and learn. I also keep in mind the passers-by that only makes a brief visit, to read adn learn. I just want to make sure the truth gets out there. As long as heresy is shouted from the rooftops, I'll be there to shout louder! hehe
There is definitely much written in here that I just read and scroll on by or perhaps just scroll on by. I too hope that those that drop in find what they are looking for ~ I will always remember finding my 'Family' on Topix and spending many years getting to know them. To know them is to love them, and I hold them deep in my heart. JESUS brought us together, and indeed, we will stay together and care for each other.

One of my favorite Chapters is JOB and there are many reasons why ~ and one of my favorite Disciples is Matthew, and there are many reasons why. Shouting love and peace from a rooftop would have to be a grand experience, IMHO!!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#482458 Feb 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Both and all. This thread is a perfect example of the mountain of conflict involved. Why, is there an "expert" believer? Even that would not suffice. I would prefer to talk to the horse's mouth, rather than the other end.
In lieu of that option, one can only read the item(s) and apply knowledge and common sense...something I have noticed is often supplanted by willful ignorance and narcissistic arrogance.
Actually, you are right to a degree.... knowledge and common sense applied is a good factor to work with :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482459 Feb 1, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>No worried, friend. You've always been respectful toward me. Even if I read a post from you, to me, and it seemed like a "dig," I would automatically conclude that it wasn't intentional. With that being said...

G_O_D wrote, "Everyone on here believes they have the "only truth" and everyone else is deceived. YET, none in 2000 years has proved a single thing. This is why there are 38,000 divisions in Christianity."

True, indeed. Do I have the truth? You tell me!

All I ask is that my assertions aren't so hastily dismissed as heresy, erroneous, or ignorance. Rather, I encourage everyone to examine my assertions by measuring them against what's written and not by what we believe we have engraved to memory. Many of us believe we have scriptures and their actual interpretations engraved to memory, but when all's said and done, it's actually our leaders'(and their leaders', and their leaders', and their leaders', etc., etc., etc.) interpretations engraved to memory and not the accurate interpretation of the scripture, at all.
I wish I had the whole Bible memorised.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#482461 Feb 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Can I be a little dismayed?

:)

Sleep well brother

No matter how little of incentive there may be to pursue any of this on such a medium under such conditions it will never be time wasted. Now I know people often like to compare themselves to Jesus and say he was hated and compare themselves to that in a context that doesn't apply such as within the faith or especially over personal disagreements so I would never make such a claim. It would also presuppose me being faultless which clearly I am not. But I can say with complete sincerity that if anybody, including myself comes away with even a tiny better understanding of something it was time well spent

Some people may think that is crazy. But imagine if every day we learned the Bible just a tiny bit better? Got to know Christ just a tiny bit better? Understood what he wants from us just a tiny bit better? Man if that happened 365 times a year how much ground would all those baby-steps cover? We can indeed move mountains. Even if it is only one inch at a time

(T) Peace
Amen <3
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#482463 Feb 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
A story of faith for the unbelievers..My cousin died when he was four of cancer...He was lying on the couch and smiled as he looked up. He stretched out his hand over his head as if to touch something, still smiling, and then he died.
I'm sorry to hear sad stories like this. But with NDE people see different religious figures, based on their upbringing. This proves, to me anyway, that this is in the mind. Another ex-C perspective ;)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#482464 Feb 1, 2013
Morning....((*-*)

“Better keep yourself clean and bright;
you are the window through
which you must see the world

~ George Bernard Shaw

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#482465 Feb 1, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear Lord, I pray that you will strengthen the relationships I have with family and friends. Please make me a blessing among the circle of those I love and live. Give me the grace to bless those who curse me, so that You will get the glory. Thank you.

Prime Time with God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Just Think 673,361
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 1 hr Garry K 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr paranoidtrump 981,351
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr RiversideRedneck 104,793
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Sky Writer 31 184,625
crooks frauds predators 6 hr Jedimaster of All 2
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 6 hr Jedimaster of All 9
More from around the web