AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
How's your mule doing tonight DR?
He got an enlargement of your avatar taped to its back. LOL

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#482381 Jan 31, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Judas never showed signs to reflect a repentant life .
Jesus said in John 6:70 'Have I not chosen you twelve and one of you is the devil'Judas did not Believe Jesus or his teachings.
Well since you plan on continuing to obsess since id say about 90% of ur posts have been about me in some way I guess I will respond.Nice touch acting like u think Cindy is a guy btw. Sock 101. You do realize I havent accused someone of being Cindy for months before you showed up right for the "first" time right? D'oh! But was Peter also not a "true believer" since he betrayed Jesus and Jesus called him satan? I guess u "true believers" get to play God? And I didnt realize once believing someone had to repent to be a "true believer" under OSAS. you are all over the place with your beliefs. and you guys are going to teach others about Jesus? Like how ur friends in OSAS have been claiming his teachings dont apply to us? Im sure that will be helpful..on the atheist threads. Wash ur socks.they stink:)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#482382 Jan 31, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Where on God's great Earth are you getting that we OSAS believers
say that ' we can disobey as much as we want???? and that we are
immune to being held responsible for our actions ? Show POSTS please! This is idiotic!
why you all still having this silly argument? it all have to with with a person conscience, because the Holy Spirit make the conscience sensitive to sin.

and if a person say they saved and is a Jesus follower, but committing sin and no feel guilty or ashamed of they actions and no have no desire to change they actions, they not saved. Because obviously that person conscience no have no interaction with Jesus Holy Spirit.

I no see what the long argument about.

Location hidden

#482383 Jan 31, 2013
Sock 102...you are crazy, you are paranoid, I barely ever post, you seem like a trouble maker, it just seems like I know the whole history of the thread, i dont have to prove myself to you ..LOL...SIMPLYPathetic

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#482384 Jan 31, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
...live in fear that they will break a command that they obviously break anyway.....
Nope. As far as intentional sins (unforgiveable through sacrifice according to Leviticus) I have only transgressed three. I do have a beautiful daughter as a result though. There's a 'Biblical story' right there!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#482385 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It is pretty clear in the Bible.
I suggest you read it.

[QUOTE who="G_O_D"]<quot ed text>
That isn't Law. It is the babbling of Paul the Pagan.
Show me in the bible where Paul is a Pagan? you delusional. your opinion not in the bible. and your opinion of paul, is only your silly opinion and no have anything to do with the bible.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#482386 Jan 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Snafulufagus? snuffy and pbs got a reprieve.Thank God for Chinese funding:)
LOL! They're floating us;)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#482387 Jan 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be...What go's round comes round...sometimes it just takes awhile.
Mankind is fairly young. We have come a long way but still have a much longer way to go.

Location hidden

#482388 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I pretty much knew where I stood with you (and a few others). I liked that, even more so during arguements.
In my experience that is when people show their truest colors. If you are good with someone after that you know you can trust them. Trust generally begets trust and same with respect. The fact that we could go toe to toe and still be friends is exactly why I knew we would be stay friends. Some people are as friendly as the first time you cross them. two people that can both say "my bad" and shake hands probably have good things to look forward to(T) PEACE

“"None shall pass"”

There

#482389 Jan 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Actions are never meaningless. The people on the receiving end can attest to that. It is a frightening thought to me to imagine a world in which they are. How could they ever be? Actions have consequences. So how can consequences not come with accountability? I believe Jesus taught they did, both good and bad.(T) PEACE
Agreed 100%

The tenth step seems to be the hardest...and IMHO the most important.

Location hidden

#482390 Jan 31, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! They're floating us;)
LOL..Thats one of those things that are best not to think about too long...it will give you a headache just trying to figure out how that came to be!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#482392 Jan 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Those non "true believer" believers are a crafty bunch!:)
So easy to condemn those whose sandals you never wore. I get a lot out of Judas' human failings. Who needed forgiveness more ?

I am reminded of what Ghandi said to his assassin; "I forgive you my chld, I bless you."

Does anyone think Jesus would have done less ?

"Forgive them Father for they know not what they do."

Location hidden

#482393 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed 100%
The tenth step seems to be the hardest...and IMHO the most important.
Yep yep...sorry Im distracted now thinking of my conversation with Senacus. I was going to look up how to count to 3 in Chinese and say 1-2-3 Tienamen Street but I think it would lead to a tangent I would be stuck in for hours! LOL....i gotta get back to it. Catch up with u guys later...or maybe in 5 minutes depending on how slow things are here!

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#482394 Jan 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You really dont think that selective verse with no supporting verses doesnt lend itself to people not applying the other applicable verses? Taken by itself without getting into any of the consequences I dont see how it harmonizes both sides. I mean yeah it hamonizes other verses but verses dont hamonize between once-saved and needing to endure to the end. You have always maintained the conditional aspect of dozens of verses. Just seems relevant anyway when presenting a verse one might take by its lonesome to make a point that really cant be made. Meh, jmo
Man, hot in here, turn on the a/c at least:)

Again, I gave that block of scripture as an example to use to possibly for 2 or more to expound upon, to gain better perspective with opposing viewpoints. Had seen it done, gives a baseline. Was not writing I could reconcile the viewpoints with those verses ,just stating a hypothetical of it being a possibility- at a future point- not at that time. Needs more looking into.

The whole debate is one believers are sharply divided upon(an understatement). Really 3 views -some say Christians can lose their salvation and subsequently must be born again and again if they fall away. There are those that contend believers cannot lose their salvation through 'petty' sin, but can apostatize or turn away from their salvation. Others hold that salvation begins at the moment of conversion (not death) and continues for all eternity.

I lean toward the second view, but honestly have been reexamining the issue as stated earlier, seeking a 'harmonisation'-if you will- between the second and third. Or, between Calvin and Arminius.

Really, I dislike the issue, coming from the background I did, with the "Sword of Damocles" seemingly hanging over you; being forgiven and having rest in His grace was liberating,an 'assurance',if I may. I wanted others to know of this 'liberation'.

I could get long in auto-biographical mode,but another time:)

One thing, this is a debate that won't get settled on the pages of Topix;)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#482395 Jan 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Show me in the bible where Paul is a Pagan?....
ROFLMAO

You never read the Bible, did you ?

He was a Greek; A Benjamite, not a Jew; a Roman citizen; a Roman employee and colaborator in the execution of Jews and Christians; a theif of other churches funds; a fraud and a liar. All by his own admition in his own letters.

Location hidden

#482396 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So easy to condemn those whose sandals you never wore. I get a lot out of Judas' human failings. Who needed forgiveness more ?
I am reminded of what Ghandi said to his assassin; "I forgive you my chld, I bless you."
Does anyone think Jesus would have done less ?
"Forgive them Father for they know not what they do."
Amem to that. It is very hard not to add our human subjectivity to how we weigh actions and sins but Jesus forgave them all just the same...even to those he had the most reason not to (T) PEACE

“"None shall pass"”

There

#482397 Jan 31, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Grace is given to heal the spiritually sick, not to decorate spiritual heroes..
Martin Luther
OK, Super Grace.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#482398 Jan 31, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
:/
That was bad! LOL
Aaaaw gee Senecus...Now every time that DR talks about his mule I am going to think of that video.
LOL!

:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#482399 Jan 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>In my experience that is when people show their truest colors. If you are good with someone after that you know you can trust them. Trust generally begets trust and same with respect. The fact that we could go toe to toe and still be friends is exactly why I knew we would be stay friends. Some people are as friendly as the first time you cross them. two people that can both say "my bad" and shake hands probably have good things to look forward to(T) PEACE
My sentiments as well.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#482400 Jan 31, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, I dislike the issue, coming from the background I did, with the "Sword of Damocles" seemingly hanging over you;...
Call me Damocles. I have had one sword or another over my head my entire life. Accepting that takes an act of faith IMHO. If God allows the hair to break, so be it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Qwerty 17,670
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 983,286
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr kent 683,952
Derrick Rose coming to Cavaliers REAL Class Act... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 3
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 5 hr George Justapose 4
Testing. 9 hr ECHO ECHo ECho Ec... 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 hr Tony 6,422
More from around the web