|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>QUESTION: Are your questions based on personal studies of the bible, or beliefs that you've heard from the "average" believer?
Both and all. This thread is a perfect example of the mountain of conflict involved. Why, is there an "expert" believer? Even that would not suffice. I would prefer to talk to the horse's mouth, rather than the other end.
In lieu of that option, one can only read the item(s) and apply knowledge and common sense...something I have noticed is often supplanted by willful ignorance and narcissistic arrogance.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>{{{{*!GASP!*}}}}
Ya mean no more condemn'n folks?
With all due respect you are missing the point. The emphasis is not to threaten ppl with hell or take a fire and brimestone line. Ppl should obey out of love and because it is the right thing to do, not because of rewards or punishments. The reason myself and others argue against OSAS doctrine it is espouses after literally as little as perhaps a minutes of belief one could technically spend the rest of their life murdering and rapikng and they would still be saved. Just because most OSAS believers wouldnt use it as a free pass to sin doesnt lesson the responsibility those who disagree with it feel to show the free pass doesnt exist whether someone uses it or not. We remain responsible for our actions.a guy in this room once said if someone killed a bunch of innocent ppl then himself and he was a believer hed be in heaven and is victims if unbelievers would be in hell. Thats why we argue against OSAS

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
A true child of God,would not want to be nasty and abrasive to anyone.
First, does your definition of a "true child of 'God'" equate to that that's written? And have you ever considered that just because a "true child of 'God'" wouldn't want to be nasty and abrasive to anyone, that that doesn't mean they won't be, or aren't?
simplyput wrote:
A Christian is standing up for RIGHTEOUSNESS, doing what is right in the site of God.
Without the law, how do you discern between righteousness and unrighteousness? Without the law, how do you know what's right in the sight of "God"?

Here's a question for you...

A very attractive married person invites you to their house after telling you that their spouse is out of town for the weekend, and makes it known that they wish to have relations with you. Do you go, or not? If "Yes," why? If "No," why not?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

When he finished washing their feet he put on his clothes and returned to his place.Do you understand what I have done for you.He asked them.You call me Teacher and Lord and rightly so for that is what I am.Now that I your Lord and Teacher have washed your feet you also should wash one another's feet.I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.I tell you the truth no servant is greater than the master nor messenger greater then the one who sent him.Now that you know theses things you will be blessed if you do them.

John 13
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

http://news.yahoo.com/ark-senate-passes-measu... Yes,there are righteous,God-fearing men-a-plenty in my home state,Arkansas!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
I just want to make sure the truth gets out there. As long as heresy is shouted from the rooftops, I'll be there to shout louder! hehe
Its ironic i have had better biblical discussions with those outside the faith even if the debate or discussion ends with us still disagreeing. People will present their sides and calmly explain why they feel how they do, what verses they base it on, and what verses they think may show another view is not correct. Sometimes people even concede two possibilities or even see something diff. I have changed a few beliefs over my years on Topix and some major ones. many in the faith i have found wont look at other verses and continue to get more accusatory until they start telling u that u dont trust in Christ and are blind and etc. But they wont exchange in an honest reciprocal exchange. And when their accusations lead to the conversation devolving their friends with the same beliefs show up to rebuke the response. It is what it is (T) PEACE

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ROMANS 3:21 NLT

But "NOW" God has shown US a way to be made RIGHT with HIM "without" keeping the requirements of the LAW, as was "promised" in the writings of Moses and the prophets long ago.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
But NOW the "righteousness" of God WITHOUT the LAW is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

The ONLY way we can be made righteous is THROUGH Jesus Christ..It does NOT get any clearer than this..We are made righteous without the LAW.IF you dont believe this, you are calling God a liar. He was the One who promised this!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ROMANS 3:22...We are made "RIGHT" with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. "And this is true for everyone who believes", no matter who we are.

On the flipside of this..I you DONT believe this..you are NOT right with God according to GOD

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
ncredible double standards up espected at one time, but now some of them stand on friendships over God's truth regardless of how much in error their friends are, snd it makes me sick.
It has always been this way. some of the ppl who would rebuke me or RA for responding the Jaws 1 out of 20 times couldnt make it themselves more than like 2 or 3 of his posts without responding. He just rarely focused on anyone but John and myself. Just like I have seen ppl regularly turn a blind eye if it is a friend or someone with like beliefs. Are there times i come down harder on ppl I dont like? Of course. I just am not in denial about that. People like to see themselves as very r8ighteous but could never live up to the standards they expect of others.And again that may be true for me at times too..and I admit that. It is the hypocrisy i find sickening more than anything and I guarantee if tmails and private chats were publically accessible most these ppl would never rebuke again(T) peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ROMANS 4:14..King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

For if THEY which are of the LAW be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

IF YOU ARE UNDER THE LAW..YOUR FAITH IS MADE "VOID" AND THE "PROMISES" OF GOD IS NO EFFECT.

That is a frightning thought for you who are tryng to obtain your righteousness through your obedience to the LAW..

The thing is..Under Grace, we uphold the law, we just know that we wont be judged by it..We are judged by Gods Grace and Mercy because we are righteous in the eyes of God THROUGH Jesus Christ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Romans 4:16..
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Therefore it is of FAITH, that it might be by GRACE; to the end the promise might be "SURE" to all the seed; NOT to that only which is of the LAW, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

THE END OF THE "PROMISE" MIGHT BE "SURE"..Its of faith and GRACE..ONLY..THATS WHAT MAKES IT SURE!!!!!!! Thats WHY we are SO Confident..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

John 1:16..And of HIS fulness we have all received, and GRACE UPON GRACE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting..
Thx Andrew. If even 1 person gets some food for thought from something than it makes it worthwhile to me despite a lot of incentives not to (T) PEACE
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>If the Bible consisted of one verse you would be right. Yes that verse explains how one becomes saved. Does it say anything about repentence or the Holy Spirit or being born-again? Yet those are needed. Just like after one receives the promise to be saved they must remain In Christ by being faithful and obedient. How do you harmonize John 3;16 with the verses I posted or do u feel the other verses dont matter?
I do know Skom that there are more than ONE verse in the Bible.(you can stop the belittling)

There are many verses that speaks of Repentance , Holy Spirit,and Born agai

You are severly bad about putting words in people mouths, or in this case post, like when you said 'Or do you feel other verses doesn't matter? Skom, All the Bible verses matter to me and to most all Christians, so don't go there!

John 3:16 is a statement actually meant for AFTER you have accepted Jesus and have been born again, because you HAVE BELIEVETH on the Lord Jesus Christ,giving us confidence in havig everlasting life.

It also could be a FACT for BEFORE you are saved, meaning that when you BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ you WILL HAVE ever lasting life, you will then WANT to repent and accept Jesus into your heart.

It also shows to the READER (or maybe a non - believer, that is becoming interested) of the Bible that you MUST go through Jesus Christ to be SAVED. He is our Salvation. That is the only way.

When you BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ you will go through a lot of changes , the OLD man is gone and you put on a NEW -- YOU,- automatically. It just happens.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
The gays marginalize themselves.
Obviously not. It's Christian hate speech that makes the lives of gay people more difficult and more dangerous. You really deserve to have that done to you. It might make you a better person.
Counter_Strike wrote:
The men who support the gays already lost their man card. Worse, the women in here who are in support of the gays short change themselves because it should be offensive to them that men go with other men.
Your religion sickens me.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Look at women, long legs, soft skin, long eye lashes, full soft lips, curves in all the right places, melodic voices, small soft hands, beautiful feet to massage. I mean, only a loon from hell would probably argue that women weren't made for men.
Women are for the people attracted to them, which includes straight men, bisexuals, and lesbian women.
Counter_Strike wrote:
You are some sick, nasty, wicked people.
The feeling is mutual.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Talk about downgrading humanity throughout history.
I have been. Your church specializes in marginalizing and scapegoating various groups of people.
Counter_Strike wrote:
The garbage you want to teach young and impressionable minds is just as bad if not worse than the several doctrines the churches preach to confuse people.
I doubt it.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I don't hate you at all, but ...
That's not credible.
Counter_Strike wrote:
I don't hate anyone but ...
But, but, but.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Your so called good deeds for the sake of human rights is disguised satanism.
You're sounding quite insane.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Are you a Christian Doc?????
How many times did you have to re-gain your salvation in the last month?? How shall the grace of God remain when you constantly re-tread upon the Son of God??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
IF you dont believe this, you are calling God a liar.
And a perfect example in one sentece why this room is often a joke. and from someone who says all of Christ's teachings apply to her until you show her the post she made claiming the opposite. And from a person who sayys the gospels were for the Jews then takes verses from them for why she believes OSAS. it would still be a joke even if she was knowledgable and honest. That she isnt just makes it that much more baffling. But this is how many topix Christians think the proper way to debate scripture is. Sad that

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

AND the best proof yet..Hebrews 7:11

New Living Translation (2007)

So IF the priesthood of Levi, on which the LAW was based, COULD HAVE achieved THE PERFECTION God INTENDED, WHY did God need to establish a different priesthood, with a priest in the order of Melchizedek instead of the order of Levi and Aaron?

Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of "Judah", of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.

Are you understanding this yet????

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

manoor wrote:
flies will happily dine on your shrimp
You forget your panties again, didn't you?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>With all due respect you are missing the point. The emphasis is not to threaten ppl with hell or take a fire and brimestone line. Ppl should obey out of love and because it is the right thing to do, not because of rewards or punishments. The reason myself and others argue against OSAS doctrine it is espouses after literally as little as perhaps a minutes of belief one could technically spend the rest of their life murdering and rapikng and they would still be saved. Just because most OSAS believers wouldnt use it as a free pass to sin doesnt lesson the responsibility those who disagree with it feel to show the free pass doesnt exist whether someone uses it or not. We remain responsible for our actions.a guy in this room once said if someone killed a bunch of innocent ppl then himself and he was a believer hed be in heaven and is victims if unbelievers would be in hell. Thats why we argue against OSAS
There are no free passes in life. Be it a believer or a non believer. Be there a god or no god. Everything one does in one's life is scaled. Either you affect your environment positively or negatively, and that effect is then returned to you as well as spread as effect throughout that entire environment...So it is to everyone's advantage to do one's best to maintain a positive asset to all there is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

555 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuals are an embarrassment to their families 4 min Doctor REALITY 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min israeli cult must pay 115,091
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min hojo 532,784
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min karl44 720,563
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 42 min Rashed 405
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Naveen kumar 4,796
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 93,723
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Reshi 76
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 256,504
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr The Awakener 172,400
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••