Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
If its someone who debates scripture themselves yet mocks Christians for doing it?
I am sure you know how i would see it
How would that not be hypocritical?
I have always found it interesting how many people take such interest and seemingly pleasure out watching Christians debate scripture. I have literally seen people post about it in other rooms and seen people come running to watch. I think if people are that vested in what others do online they need to reevaluate their lives.
JMO
(T) Peace
I kinda see your point.

I have an interest in Jesus and Judaism. I don't post on Muslim, Hindi or Buddhist threads. Why would I ? I am sure they are just much "fun" as us. I simply have no interest in the subject matter. LOL

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
If we don't mind, I'd appreciate a biblical and personal explaination as to why "God" would do away with the aforementioned.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
You are kidding right?

Ah brother, stull the cock-eyed optimist:)

Just teasing:)

You know if people aren't going to give so much as an interpretation they certainly aren't going to answer this. Just accept you will be told you are blinded by the devil and know any response in the negative to that claim will be viewed as unChristian. After all, they are simply telling you that you don't believe in Christ, don't trust in the salvation, are blinded by the devil and of the devil. Certainly nothing to be offended about. In fact I have it on good authority many OSAS believers on FB agree

So please, no more attempts at adult debates or factual discussions or asking people for their interpretations or opinions on the bible What do you think this is, a room full of Christians who would have some sort of interest in that sort of thing? Just talk about cookies my devil-worshiping brother and they will love you for it:)

On that note, off to run some errands:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I kinda see your point.
I have an interest in Jesus and Judaism. I don't post on Muslim, Hindi or Buddhist threads. Why would I ? I am sure they are just much "fun" as us. I simply have no interest in the subject matter. LOL
Me neither which is the only reason I dont debate that! LOL

(T) Peace

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
....So history repeats itself...
That is a popular belief. It also makes 'prophecy' pretty easy.

Let me have a go at it:

There will be wars and rumors of war. There will be earthquakes, floods and feirce winds. There will be famines and epidemics.
Governments will ignore their people and the people will suffer greatly. There will be those crying, "Peace! Peace!" butthere will be no peace.

Pretty good, huh ?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
REVELATION Study
I. Rev 1:11 Part 10 (bridged with Rev 2:10)
Rev 1______/TTTTTTTTTTTTT\______Re v 2
II. Jesus: "Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I TELL YOU, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life." Rev 2:10
1. "I" Tell You (Behold)- The Lord is actually prophesying and perceives "ahead of time" what is about to occur to the faithful church simply because they refuse to worship the emperor and say that the emperor is lord. One of Smyrna's main religions was emperor worship and the Christians (both Jews & Gentiles) wouldn't do it.
Btw, I believe that the personality of the church of Smyrna is representative of one of many to come in the future. I believe this holds true for the other personalities of the other six churches mentioned in Rev 1:11
A. Regarding the situation with the church of Smyrna, history repeats itself in some similar way. A couple of hundred years later the "early" Roman Catholic Church persecuted and killed people (Christian and Pagan) for not joining the universal church. When the RCC became legalized in 300 something AD, by the order of the emperor Constantine it was used to merge both paganry and christianity into one religion. Basically, Constantine's empire was in shambles and incorporating the RCC was an ingenious excuse for the fledgling government to regain control over the people and recover power. Catholic means "general" or "universal" by the way. Those faithful Christians who refused to join the christian/pagan merger... and those faithful pagans who also refused to join were deemed heretics... they were tortured to submit or were killed by various and extraordinary means. Now in that, anti-semitism continued and increased. Now the RCC isn't "at all" how it was back in those days.
B. But it wasn't just the Catholics who persecuted people for not adhering... it was "some" of the protestants too! Calvin for instance... because of his own local governmental control over Geneva... he would have people killed and persecuted for not adhering to his own interpretation of scripture. He had his own secret police called the The Consistory who would go from house to house to make sure people were adhering to his own interpretations.
Now though it has gnostic origins, John Calvin is actually credited with reinstituting the Once Saved Always Saved principle (OSAS).
2. So history repeats itself. Christians have been warning of a one world government for as long as I can remember. I couldn't see it... didn't necessarily know what to make of it. The U.N.(at the time)? Who are those people? I kind of thought that idea was laughable. I did see quite a bit of the "left behind" video series which had shoddy directing but it was interesting none the less. In any case, fast-forward to now... we have the internet, we have a world court, the U.N. as increased in size and scope, the U.S. may sometimes operate under a U.N. mandate... through social engineering efforts to bring more global cohesion we all have been "minded" to want to "save the planet" via social or deep ecology methods (that is, going green or reducing one's carbon footprint)... Soon we will have a global "carbon-based" economy (in the works). The displays of the 10 commandments are being dismantled in the U.S. everywhere you go due to godlessness. Christians are okay in this one-world thinking unless they say that Jesus is the only way then we will come after them... it's all being set-up folks.
Edited for space... You really think so huh?

The jesuit S/S and consistory assassins are alive and well, and the onlt reason they are not openly "burning" undesirables is the secular laws that have hobbled their unbridled hatred end insanity.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning Everybody... apologize for sending that long post twice. I sent it once and it didn't seem to take. That's why it came out there a 2nd time.

Concerning my brother Skom, I see 3 possibly 4 different subjects all converging into what seem to be wrapped up in one big, universal dislike for him. First of all, he's my friend. I'm not just saying this to be saying this but he is truly a stand-up guy who not only trust in Christ as his savior... but he's one of those people who sticks by you in the tough times and will even rebuke you when you're wrong about something. So anyways,

That's my take, I'm not getting involved in any variance that might have taken place on other threads and then manifested here... I'm not getting involved in any teenage, high-school style cliques that's tailored for adults whose charter is guilt-by-association-so-you-ar e-no-longer-as-favored-by-the- clique... I'm not getting involved in any pirahna-styled attacks where the leaders of OSAS (Drew, Grace and others) on this thread all come together to feast as one...

But I will give my own opinion regardless of , lol... the few likes toward myself, any dislikes, variance, hatred or whatever... and that's about it. Don't like it? Okay, so noted. I didn't read back much, but so far what I have seen... I do believe Skom did a good job in showing that OSAS is another gospel not prescribed by the Lord Jesus and His Apostles... heck, even the Atheists know better.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of lesbians!.......
.. ain't we wonderful ??..

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Edited for space... You really think so huh?
The jesuit S/S and consistory assassins are alive and well, and the onlt reason they are not openly "burning" undesirables is the secular laws that have hobbled their unbridled hatred end insanity.
Praise God for that....(that the secular laws have hobbled any burning of undesirables).

Good Afternoon, how you doin' today BT?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

manoo wrote:
<quoted text>these people don't know you
Go fantasize about lesbians, DR.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I might understand why you feel this way. But, see if from this perspective, please and if you will.
Many people are addicted to nicotine and desire to quit smoking cigarettes. One of the most common methods, they're told, is to find an alternative that causes them to focus on something other than. Well, this same method applies to sin.
Imagine you were, say, a thief. And you stole, not because you believed it necessary for survival, but because you just did. Then, you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, but you find yourself constantly battling the temptation to steal. What do you do?
Like the nicotine addict, you need to, first, find an alternative that causes you to focus on something other than. In my opinion, prayer is the first step.
Prayer, first of all, is conversating with "God." And while you're conversating with "God," you're most likely not thinking of stealing as much, if not at all, any more. And as you're praying, you should ask for strength while bringing to remembrance all the laws that explain why stealing is wrong and all the verses that instruct us as to how to properly love one another. Then, I suggest you continue praying until the temptation is finally gone, even if for just that moment. It's only a matter of time, though, that you'll rarely be tempted to steal anything any more, as it's a habit, or even just a personal desire, that you broke away from. Then, you'll notice at one time or another, that even if you do get tempted to steal again, the temptation won't last very long, nor will the desire to steal be as strong as when you used to steal all the time.
The whole point is to recondition our thoughts and emotions. If we can train our thoughts and emotions to mirror the righteousness that's prescribed in the bible, it's only a matter of time before our actions, reaction, and speech, follow suit.
Looks to me, rather than simply confront the problem and deal with it accordingly and honestly, you would rather the afflicted just substitute one addiction for another.
That does not cure the underlying problem of origin...that being the propensity to addiction, and in fact adds to the complications by adding conflicting elements into the equation.

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I might understand why you feel this way. But, see if from this perspective, please and if you will.
Many people are addicted to nicotine and desire to quit smoking cigarettes. One of the most common methods, they're told, is to find an alternative that causes them to focus on something other than. Well, this same method applies to sin.
Imagine you were, say, a thief. And you stole, not because you believed it necessary for survival, but because you just did. Then, you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, but you find yourself constantly battling the temptation to steal. What do you do?
Like the nicotine addict, you need to, first, find an alternative that causes you to focus on something other than. In my opinion, prayer is the first step.
Prayer, first of all, is conversating with "God." And while you're conversating with "God," you're most likely not thinking of stealing as much, if not at all, any more. And as you're praying, you should ask for strength while bringing to remembrance all the laws that explain why stealing is wrong and all the verses that instruct us as to how to properly love one another. Then, I suggest you continue praying until the temptation is finally gone, even if for just that moment. It's only a matter of time, though, that you'll rarely be tempted to steal anything any more, as it's a habit, or even just a personal desire, that you broke away from. Then, you'll notice at one time or another, that even if you do get tempted to steal again, the temptation won't last very long, nor will the desire to steal be as strong as when you used to steal all the time.
The whole point is to recondition our thoughts and emotions. If we can train our thoughts and emotions to mirror the righteousness that's prescribed in the bible, it's only a matter of time before our actions, reaction, and speech, follow suit.
.. you're absolutely correct! Our thoughts and beliefs can be altered by people, places and things, especially in moments of turmoil ..

.. in those moments, we are open to change, spiritual awakenings. A wise teacher will let you find your own truth, someone prosthelytizing wants you to find their truth ..

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a popular belief. It also makes 'prophecy' pretty easy.
Let me have a go at it:
There will be wars and rumors of war. There will be earthquakes, floods and feirce winds. There will be famines and epidemics.
Governments will ignore their people and the people will suffer greatly. There will be those crying, "Peace! Peace!" butthere will be no peace.
Pretty good, huh ?
That's pretty good... your powers still need a little improvement though.

:p

Actually, there has been a dramatic increase of all these things... not to mention more volatile weather that weather forecasters consistently speak about (they say due to global warming of course). But Jesus was correct when He previously said before his death & resurrection:

Jesus: "Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times."

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
**PORTIONS SNIPPED**I give catcher alot of grief, but the truth is I have no idea if he is a good and or honest lawyer. I tend to think he is, but it doesnt really effect either one of us either way.
.. what defines a good/honest attorney ??..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
yep
And they engage in just as much debate with not nearly the incentive
I figure if people are that concerned with what I am up to or other people are up to then they don't have a lot going on. To each their own I guess. I prefer to live my life than watch others live theirs
Then why is it that you do not practice what you are preaching, while coloring others badly for the very same thing...That is hypocrisy.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ain't we wonderful ??..
I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body. <smile>

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Everybody... apologize for sending that long post twice. I sent it once and it didn't seem to take. That's why it came out there a 2nd time.
Concerning my brother Skom, I see 3 possibly 4 different subjects all converging into what seem to be wrapped up in one big, universal dislike for him. First of all, he's my friend. I'm not just saying this to be saying this but he is truly a stand-up guy who not only trust in Christ as his savior... but he's one of those people who sticks by you in the tough times and will even rebuke you when you're wrong about something. So anyways,
That's my take, I'm not getting involved in any variance that might have taken place on other threads and then manifested here... I'm not getting involved in any teenage, high-school style cliques that's tailored for adults whose charter is guilt-by-association-so-you-ar e-no-longer-as-favored-by-the- clique... I'm not getting involved in any pirahna-styled attacks where the leaders of OSAS (Drew, Grace and others) on this thread all come together to feast as one...
But I will give my own opinion regardless of , lol... the few likes toward myself, any dislikes, variance, hatred or whatever... and that's about it. Don't like it? Okay, so noted. I didn't read back much, but so far what I have seen... I do believe Skom did a good job in showing that OSAS is another gospel not prescribed by the Lord Jesus and His Apostles... heck, even the Atheists know better.
Edit... even the formerly-saved Atheists know better.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you always get up in the mornings thinking about having sex with an animal?
You set such a fine example for this Christian thread as you call it...would make anyone want to sign up.
Yes...I know...you are automatically forgiven.
I love that autoforgiven app.

Is it available for iPhone?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you're absolutely correct! Our thoughts and beliefs can be altered by people, places and things, especially in moments of turmoil ..
.. in those moments, we are open to change, spiritual awakenings. A wise teacher will let you find your own truth, someone prosthelytizing wants you to find their truth ..
fart

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty good... your powers still need a little improvement though.
:p
Actually, there has been a dramatic increase of all these things... not to mention more volatile weather that weather forecasters consistently speak about (they say due to global warming of course). But Jesus was correct when He previously said before his death & resurrection:
Jesus: "Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times."
One thing I learned as a historian, not much has changed in 6,000 years.
One thing I learned as an anthropologist, not much has changed in a lot longer than 6,000 years.

The weather currently is pretty decent considering the past. Not quite to the optimum circa 1000 AD nor the devastation of the 1350-1890 ice age that we still have yet to recover from (AKA Global Warming AKA paranoia)

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what defines a good/honest attorney ??..
Someone who holds a law degree and is competent, understands the law, does not take advantage of his clients. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 259,075
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Joyful8118 729,697
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min CunningLinguist 225,584
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Oxbow 536,901
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 29 min MUQ1 36,691
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 30 min Doctor REALITY 2,161
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 35 min sweets2360 441,069
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr An NFL Fan 117,744
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••