“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#482125 Jan 31, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I might understand why you feel this way. But, see if from this perspective, please and if you will.
Many people are addicted to nicotine and desire to quit smoking cigarettes. One of the most common methods, they're told, is to find an alternative that causes them to focus on something other than. Well, this same method applies to sin.
Imagine you were, say, a thief. And you stole, not because you believed it necessary for survival, but because you just did. Then, you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, but you find yourself constantly battling the temptation to steal. What do you do?
Like the nicotine addict, you need to, first, find an alternative that causes you to focus on something other than. In my opinion, prayer is the first step.
Prayer, first of all, is conversating with "God." And while you're conversating with "God," you're most likely not thinking of stealing as much, if not at all, any more. And as you're praying, you should ask for strength while bringing to remembrance all the laws that explain why stealing is wrong and all the verses that instruct us as to how to properly love one another. Then, I suggest you continue praying until the temptation is finally gone, even if for just that moment. It's only a matter of time, though, that you'll rarely be tempted to steal anything any more, as it's a habit, or even just a personal desire, that you broke away from. Then, you'll notice at one time or another, that even if you do get tempted to steal again, the temptation won't last very long, nor will the desire to steal be as strong as when you used to steal all the time.
The whole point is to recondition our thoughts and emotions. If we can train our thoughts and emotions to mirror the righteousness that's prescribed in the bible, it's only a matter of time before our actions, reaction, and speech, follow suit.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
.. you're absolutely correct! Our thoughts and beliefs can be altered by people, places and things, especially in moments of turmoil ..

.. in those moments, we are open to change, spiritual awakenings. A wise teacher will let you find your own truth, someone prosthelytizing wants you to find their truth ..

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#482126 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a popular belief. It also makes 'prophecy' pretty easy.
Let me have a go at it:
There will be wars and rumors of war. There will be earthquakes, floods and feirce winds. There will be famines and epidemics.
Governments will ignore their people and the people will suffer greatly. There will be those crying, "Peace! Peace!" butthere will be no peace.
Pretty good, huh ?
That's pretty good... your powers still need a little improvement though.

:p

Actually, there has been a dramatic increase of all these things... not to mention more volatile weather that weather forecasters consistently speak about (they say due to global warming of course). But Jesus was correct when He previously said before his death & resurrection:

Jesus: "Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times."

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#482127 Jan 31, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
**PORTIONS SNIPPED**I give catcher alot of grief, but the truth is I have no idea if he is a good and or honest lawyer. I tend to think he is, but it doesnt really effect either one of us either way.
.. what defines a good/honest attorney ??..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#482128 Jan 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
yep
And they engage in just as much debate with not nearly the incentive
I figure if people are that concerned with what I am up to or other people are up to then they don't have a lot going on. To each their own I guess. I prefer to live my life than watch others live theirs
Then why is it that you do not practice what you are preaching, while coloring others badly for the very same thing...That is hypocrisy.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#482129 Jan 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ain't we wonderful ??..
I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body. <smile>

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#482130 Jan 31, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Everybody... apologize for sending that long post twice. I sent it once and it didn't seem to take. That's why it came out there a 2nd time.
Concerning my brother Skom, I see 3 possibly 4 different subjects all converging into what seem to be wrapped up in one big, universal dislike for him. First of all, he's my friend. I'm not just saying this to be saying this but he is truly a stand-up guy who not only trust in Christ as his savior... but he's one of those people who sticks by you in the tough times and will even rebuke you when you're wrong about something. So anyways,
That's my take, I'm not getting involved in any variance that might have taken place on other threads and then manifested here... I'm not getting involved in any teenage, high-school style cliques that's tailored for adults whose charter is guilt-by-association-so-you-ar e-no-longer-as-favored-by-the- clique... I'm not getting involved in any pirahna-styled attacks where the leaders of OSAS (Drew, Grace and others) on this thread all come together to feast as one...
But I will give my own opinion regardless of , lol... the few likes toward myself, any dislikes, variance, hatred or whatever... and that's about it. Don't like it? Okay, so noted. I didn't read back much, but so far what I have seen... I do believe Skom did a good job in showing that OSAS is another gospel not prescribed by the Lord Jesus and His Apostles... heck, even the Atheists know better.
Edit... even the formerly-saved Atheists know better.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#482131 Jan 31, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you always get up in the mornings thinking about having sex with an animal?
You set such a fine example for this Christian thread as you call it...would make anyone want to sign up.
Yes...I know...you are automatically forgiven.
I love that autoforgiven app.

Is it available for iPhone?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#482132 Jan 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you're absolutely correct! Our thoughts and beliefs can be altered by people, places and things, especially in moments of turmoil ..
.. in those moments, we are open to change, spiritual awakenings. A wise teacher will let you find your own truth, someone prosthelytizing wants you to find their truth ..
fart

“Love much, trust none”

There

#482133 Jan 31, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty good... your powers still need a little improvement though.
:p
Actually, there has been a dramatic increase of all these things... not to mention more volatile weather that weather forecasters consistently speak about (they say due to global warming of course). But Jesus was correct when He previously said before his death & resurrection:
Jesus: "Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times."
One thing I learned as a historian, not much has changed in 6,000 years.
One thing I learned as an anthropologist, not much has changed in a lot longer than 6,000 years.

The weather currently is pretty decent considering the past. Not quite to the optimum circa 1000 AD nor the devastation of the 1350-1890 ice age that we still have yet to recover from (AKA Global Warming AKA paranoia)

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#482134 Jan 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who holds a law degree and is competent, understands the law, does not take advantage of his clients. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture..........

“Love much, trust none”

There

#482135 Jan 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
The one that gets me what I want ? LOL

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#482136 Jan 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I have always found it interesting how many people take such interest and seemingly pleasure out watching Christians debate scripture.
It's not the debating. It's the food fight.
Skombolis wrote:
I have literally seen people post about it in other rooms
Not really.

You may have literally seen and read their posts, but you didn't literally see them posting them unless you were next to them when they posted.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#482137 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't really know who are you,

more drugs will make you not only stupid nut wild monkey jamping around own neighborhood?

stick inside of your a....red shaved carrot and try to be rabbit chasing this carrot
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#482138 Jan 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
fart
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#482139 Jan 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ain't we wonderful ??..
wonderful with plastic batery d.... on the front?
dghva hhaaaaaaaaaaa bhgvaaaaaaa ha haaaaa

you are worthy now only farts

fart

Location hidden

#482140 Jan 31, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Praise God for that....(that the secular laws have hobbled any burning of undesirables).
Good Afternoon, how you doin' today BT?
SOS Qu.
Hope you are on the (+) side of life. Some o' yer stuff is really interest'n y'know?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#482141 Jan 31, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that autoforgiven app.
Is it available for iPhone?
I hear that for 1/10 of your income you too can have the "Autoforgiven" app activated. Just send me a check and I will take care of it for you.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#482142 Jan 31, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiritual food is a whole lot cheaper than real food.
Same for spiritual clothing.
Fart is for free esspecialy for you
second also is free
Fart

that is what your posts are worthy
Only stinking FARTS

ask Obama maybe he gives you foodstamps for free

Location hidden

#482143 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Go fantasize about lesbians, DR.
Definitely has some kind of gender related psychosis, don'cha think?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#482145 Jan 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful...a certain someone is one the prowl today...you could be next.

Just saying...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Liam 544,913
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 743,498
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 min Hot Top 2020 973
Dirty skype (Dec '12) 4 min HavingaBoner 94
Arkansa Razorbacks lose after college football'... 7 min yon 5
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min waaasssuuup 228,544
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Charlie Sheen 260,164
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr An NFL Fan 174,191

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE