|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LoL skitzo much? First you claim I attacked you and mistook kindness for weakness and how tough you are so when I explained why I responded now I am the one claiming persecution? You either are that stupid or think others are. Go look for some teeth to knock out. You can start with your own just by sitting down as youjr head is up your arse! LOL...and more sterotyping about church and Christians..what a surprise from such a niced fella. And my 2 morals? Werent you the one talking in a mock southing black mimic whatever u wanna call the other day? See ya stupid, I have given u all the time ur gonna get! I know u will be responding to me forever now! definitely the insecure type who will need 'vindication'
Noth'n black about it. That's all in yer prejudice perspective mate. If you think I am gonna back up, Yer wrong zippo. Try reading some of yer own posts if ya want ta see some condescending BS. Your demeanor absolutely sucks....ya talk ta others like they are something less than deserving of air, and then demand respect...you are a 2nd rate JOKE. And YES you have a despicable "holier than thou" attitude toward everyone except those who are on their knees in your presence, who simply can NOT stand not to have the last word(indicating that you are the winner in your sick ego)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Moses'Name:

Moses'name in Hebrew is based upon the word for to draw out.Exodus 2:10 explains that he was named Moses(Hebrew Mosheh)because he was drawin out.(Hebrew mashah)of the water.In Egyptian his name was probably mose or Ramose;this is similar to many known Egyptian names such as Ahmose or Thutmose.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You simply do not read or comprehend the scriptures that are given to you, very many times on here, it appears from SEVERAL post, they have tried to answer your SAME questions over and over.
Stubborness : difficult to handle or overcome, resolute adherence
to their OWN ideas/ opinions or desires. Basic stance of a stubborn person is 'No, I won't and you can't make me'
She stated the gospels and the teachings of Christ were for the Jews so kind of hard for her as a Gentile to now use them as the reason she believes OSAS. and if someone is going to tell others they are blind and are of the devil and dont trust Christ it seems reasonable to me they at least use scripture they say applies to them. not to you huh? that helps actually. thx

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Moses and King Tut.

Moses grew up in Egyptian royal household within 100 years of the pharaoh Tutankhamen,whose richly supplied tomb was discovered in 1923.The spectacular finds including many alabaster vessels,gold-covered objects and furniture inlaid with gold,ivory,and precious stones represent things Moses knew.Much in the Israelite Tabernacle would have looked similar because Egyptian-trained artisans crafted it and the Egyptians gave of their wealth when the Israelites left.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Egyptian Magicians.

The Egyptian magicians in Moses'day were able to duplicate the first two plagues that God sent upon Egypt.Theses were the turning of the water of the Nile River into blood and producing frogs.They tried to duplicate the third plague bringing forth gnats but they failed.They also were able to turn rods into snakes,like Aaron did but his snake devoured theirs.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it amusing, though, that you claim we cannot understand speciation by observing its underlying genetic processes....
I never said that. I said you (and others) are stretching what we have learned far beyond its limitations. Much as Christians might equate the probability of a historical Jesus to proof He was God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> And YES you have a despicable "holier than thou" attitude toward everyone except those who are on their knees
This will be my last post and it is not to get the last word as I am sure you will take that. But perhaps in the middle of mocking Christians and Christianity you didnt stop to consider there may be some history you dont know about. Of course I am condenscending to a small group of posters that have routinely told anyone who doesnt believe as they do that they are blind, are of the devil, dont have faith, dont trust Christ, etc. So unreasonable to expect them to back up the accusations with verses? Unforeseeable to think they might get treated with the same respect they have shown? And I have seen ur posts mate so dont play the holier-than-thou card on me as u more than respond in kind. now if u want to start over im game. but dont try to sell me on i owe ppl more respect that tell me im of the devil. Go back and read the history if u doubt me

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
....the more sophisticated description of "species" that I provided you several pages back ....
You did ?

There is a universally accepted, detailed and flawless academic definition of species accepted by every discipline ?

I think you mean you have a definition of "species" that fits your theory. LOL

Sorry, Hiding but I am quite familiar with those academic tricks.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
.... It's the misanthropic garbage ..
That is the philosophical difference between Judaism and Christinity.

The prime assumption of Christianity is that humans are inherently bad and never can be good enough.

The prime assumption of Judaism is that humans are inherently good and need to work at staying good.

Two antithetical paradigms.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, and a very good point.
I used to despise Paul relative to Jesus. Jesus had the gentler temperament. It was Paul who demeaned women, for example, not Jesus. Neither seemed to have much use for sex, but it was Paul that wanted the women to shut up and submit.
But later, I came to respect Paul as a rational ethicist. He simply contradicted Jesus and dismissed the Old Testament law, and replaced it with a much improved ethical system, however deficient by modern standards. He didn't have permission to do that. He simply did it.
I don't want to give him too much credit,since I'm not sure that Paul was guided by compassion as much as expediency. His motive may have been to appeal to gentiles rather than make life better for people, but he did use reason to make ethical judgments rather than conform to scripture.
What do you think?
My problem with Paul and the Gentile Church is that they didn;t have the courage to dissociate completely with Judaism. Had they pitched the Hebrew Scriptures and just created a pagan religion around Jesus I would accept their honesty. After all, IMHO the myth is just a vesel to communicate deeper truths. IN fact, the entire story from Gilgamesh to Revelation could be 100% fiction and it could still provide a "spiritual truth" and even further, could have provice a more coherent and understandable mythological framework.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry BLL, I am NOT going to believe You over the Holy Spirit.....
One should always go with the voices in their head. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My problem with Paul and the Gentile Church is that they didn;t have the courage to dissociate completely with Judaism. Had they pitched the Hebrew Scriptures and just created a pagan religion around Jesus I would accept their honesty. After all, IMHO the myth is just a vesel to communicate deeper truths. IN fact, the entire story from Gilgamesh to Revelation could be 100% fiction and it could still provide a "spiritual truth" and even further, could have provice a more coherent and understandable mythological framework.
I personally dont see the connection people are making between jesus and Mosaic law. Yes Jesus was a Jew but not by todays standards and certaintly imo not those of Moses either. When did Jesus ever enforcce Mosaic Law? He changed hate your enemy to love your enemy. he broke bread with strangers. he stopped the stoning of prostitutes. Jesus ushured in the new way imo whereas all law fell under love God and your neighbor. Jmo (T) PEACE
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

He changed hate your enemy to love your enemy. he broke bread with strangers. he stopped the stoning of prostitutes. Jesus ushured in the new way imo whereas all law fell under love God and your neighbor. Jmo (T) PEACE
and He died for ALL, and for ALL our sins, and whosoever BELIEVETH
in Him, shall have everlasting life, no IFS about it.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>He will probably answer you because it is a verse he agrees with. Ask him why the Gentiles are told in Romans that they avoided severity and instead received goodness because they believed but were warned that even the natural branches (jews) can be cut off so all the more reason for them to keep their faith and to remain in God's goodness so they dont also get cut off?You like to mix it up right? or consider it a favor to me! i know i wont get an answer other than being told God has blinded me
Good early morning Skom, this reminds mo of the ol' hit and run double standard.

Peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Nah I am repentant when I sin while you revel in it. I like my chances. I wouldnt put money on you. But hey anything is possible, with Christ all things are.(Thats from the Bible btw)
Great response Skom and very true, not to mention that is keeping it REAL.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
Allow me to offer an assist...
I think both 'sides' could do well in a little expository study from Galatians 2:15-12:
"We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.
But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! For if I rebuild what I tore down, I prove myself to be a transgressor.
For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God.
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose."
Just a thought;)
Good early morning John, that scripture you posted was very much on time, how've you been?
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
Jacob and Esau;Squabbling Brothers.
Jacob and his twin brother Esau did not get along well for much of their lives,because Jacob took Esau's birthright.Their decendants were the Israelites and the Edomites respectively groups that continued to feud throughout their histories.The Bible states that feud began even before the birth of Jacob and Esau:The children struggled together within her(their mother Rebekah's womb)(Genesis 25:22)
Hello lil whis

A "birthright" was actually a tradition, it was not something the un-intended could just take.

Bible stories were fabricated after the "fact".

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello lil whis
A "birthright" was actually a tradition, it was not something the un-intended could just take.
Bible stories were fabricated after the "fact".
Good early morning Mike, long time no hear from, how've been?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I didnt see you deny every person exibits the characteristics she described.
I deny that all people - even most people - are properly characterized as she characterized them, especially when she announced that "I fully realize mankind is a total failure."
Skombolis wrote:
And you dont understand what bigotry is as it isnt bigotry to have an opinion based on actual actions displayed by all people. Bigotry is stereotyping one group negatively over another and normally a group someone is not part of. How can someone be bigoted against all humans that is human for forming an opinion on human characteristics.?
I think it is bigotry.

Whatever else it is, it is a deprecatory over-generalization that I find offensive and consider an unhealthy way to think.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, several Christians just gave me an education on the subject.
They don't seem to agree on OSAS or no OSAS. I see it as a very poor policy, given the Christian belief that humans are by nature bad and require the fear of eternal damnation to abstain from sin.
Perhaps the pedophile priests rely on the doctrine to maintain their behavior, and their superiors for their cover-ups.
This was my comment, which agrees with yours:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Aura Mytha 730,257
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 172,954
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 6 min andet1987 4,255
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min truth 537,123
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min AussieBobby 259,310
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min religionisillness 225,654
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 32 min Neelakaran 987
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr Tim Osman 117,803

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••