Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#481966 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@GRACE...I am not interested in your copied and pasted commentaries. You have been given a dozen verses and asked for your personal interpretation and keep refusing to answer. You have been asked to provide the verses you base once-saved on and you refuse to answer. If you dont know the Bible well enough to do the most basic things like offer your interpretation or provide the verses you base your beliefs on then why keep wasting everybody's time? You can act the fool all you want and tell people they dont understand or trust in Christ but it is pretty obvious who is the one that doesnt know what they are talking about it that is trying desperately to overcompensate with silly claims. let me know when you can do more than cut and paste
AND YOU have been given more than a dozen verses but you just ignore them. I will post whatever I want to post. I am not interested in anything you have to peddle either Catholic Boy. I tried to be civil to you but you are too devious to do anything but argue with someone who doesnt agree with the mighty Skumbolis.
Go ahead and be obedient as your Nun teacher forced you to be. That is NOT being obedient to the Law of Faith and IF you dont know what that means than look it up yourself.I can quote every scripture in the whole bible and you Still wont believe me. I am tired of discussing this with an arrogant prideful religious man who is here to stroke his own ego. Enjoy striving for something that God Offered freely.

Location hidden

#481967 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Again you dont address the verses, offer interpretations, provide verses, etc. You just keep regurgitating your scripturally unsupported opinions. What about the Bible terrifies you so? Lets try again with your favorite Paul. If believers that keep in memory what they have been taught are saved, what happens to believers who dont keep it in memory? And who were the natural branches cut off for unbelief and who was warned make sure they dont get cut off later for unbelief? How many times can u duck this?
The Natural branch is Jesus. Those who are cut off is believers who (like You) want to continue in the OT covenant of law and reject the Grace that God has given us..Which is Jesus and HIS sacrificial death, burial and ressurection. You will be cut off just like those who Jesus told to depart for you left your first love..You dont TRUST that what Jesus done for you was enough..YOU can do better than He done. YOU can OBEY ALL the laws that NO man in History was capable of doing EXCEPT Jesus. SO, Its Believers like YOU who will find themselves cut off UNLESS you repent or Change your mind towards Christ. If you dont like this answer, Take it up with God. Those are His rules, NOT mine..If you know the Bible half as much as you claim you do, YOU will know this.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#481968 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
.Go ahead and be obedient as your Nun teacher forced you to be. That is NOT being obedient to the Law of Faith and IF you dont know what that means than look it up yourself.I can quote every scripture in the whole bible and you Still wont believe me. I am tired of discussing this with an arrogant prideful religious man who is here to stroke his own ego. Enjoy striving for something that God Offered freely.
LOL...translation: "I still dont have any verses to back up my claims and I still wont offer any interpretations because no matter how many apologist commentaries I pull out of my backside none of them address the relevant scripture either" Just keep making silly accusations further exposing your ignorance. The law of faith? LOL..is that like obedience to faith? And I wasx civil back till I saw u were scamming me and never was going to answer despite your many accusations. You are a fraud

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#481969 Jan 30, 2013
Abimelech: Philistine Royal Title.

The stories in Genesis 20 and 26 about Abimelech and the Hebrew patriarchs suggest to many scholars that Abimelech may not have been a personal name,but rather a royal title just as pharaoh was the title of Egyptian kings.Abimelech means My father is king.Whish supports this assumption.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#481970 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a joke. You had twice apologized for making a mistake.
And dude, I thought by now you had gotten over your paranoia.
Somebody pissed in his oatmeal, and he has this need to make those that are not cristian imbibed appear less than decent humans, and not worthy of discussing anything about the bible or christian behavior towards their own or those that share this world with them as members of the human race.
That "holier than thou" attitude is setting the stage for the downfall of their religion and rightly so. They can't even get along and act decent to themselves. Folks that act like that aren't even worth your breath as a fellow human being. How much less worth are they to their god?

Location hidden

#481971 Jan 30, 2013
Hey Grace, what is 2 plus 2? 5 right? Is anybody that thinks it is four blinded by the devil?LOL....I can give interpretations of scripture because they back up my claims. You cant so you dont. And your claims of civility and calling other prideful is just more manipulative garbage from the most ignorant yet ikronically prideful person in here. Go sell it to someone else that thinks 2 plus 2 is 5

Location hidden

#481972 Jan 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. everything is left to individual interpretation. That's why all the disagreements on this thread ..
No wonder the church wouldn't allow them to even possess bibles until the Calvin abortion.

Location hidden

#481973 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
The Natural branch is Jesus. Those who are cut off is believers who (like You) want to continue in the OT covenant of law and reject the Grace that God has given us..Which is Jesus and HIS sacrificial death, burial and ressurection. You will be cut off just like those who Jesus told to depart for you left your first love..You dont TRUST that what Jesus done for you was enough..YOU can do better than He done. YOU can OBEY ALL the laws that NO man in History was capable of doing EXCEPT Jesus. SO, Its Believers like YOU who will find themselves cut off UNLESS you repent or Change your mind
You actually know the Bible worse than I thought. The natural branches are the Jews. And obeying Christ is leaving my first love and this fro a person who doesnt think his teachings apply to her?dont make me laugh. What verses say Christs teachings dont apply to the Gentiles again? Should I just make a humming sound and let drool drip off my chin to replicate your answer?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#481974 Jan 30, 2013
Allow me to offer an assist...

I think both 'sides' could do well in a little expository study from Galatians 2:15-12:

"We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! For if I rebuild what I tore down, I prove myself to be a transgressor.

For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God.

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose."

Just a thought;)

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#481975 Jan 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody pissed in his oatmeal, and he has this need to make those that are not cristian imbibed appear less than decent humans, and not worthy of discussing anything about the bible or christian behavior towards their own or those that share this world with them as members of the human race.
That "holier than thou" attitude is setting the stage for the downfall of their religion and rightly so. They can't even get along and act decent to themselves. Folks that act like that aren't even worth your breath as a fellow human being. How much less worth are they to their god?
Yep.

Look at the post just under yours. Perfect example of nice Christian relationships.

J'accuse.

Location hidden

#481976 Jan 30, 2013
Jacob and Esau;Squabbling Brothers.

Jacob and his twin brother Esau did not get along well for much of their lives,because Jacob took Esau's birthright.Their decendants were the Israelites and the Edomites respectively groups that continued to feud throughout their histories.The Bible states that feud began even before the birth of Jacob and Esau:The children struggled together within her(their mother Rebekah's womb)(Genesis 25:22)

Location hidden

#481977 Jan 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
the guy has stalked me very unfriendly like for 6 months so there was nothing casual about it. But the timing is sure coincidental after i pointed out you mock Cnristgians for arguing the Bible and they believe it and most u guys who dont spend just as much time arguing it. guess it struck a nerve. go figger

Location hidden

#481978 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...translation: "I still dont have any verses to back up my claims and I still wont offer any interpretations because no matter how many apologist commentaries I pull out of my backside none of them address the relevant scripture either" Just keep making silly accusations further exposing your ignorance. The law of faith? LOL..is that like obedience to faith? And I wasx civil back till I saw u were scamming me and never was going to answer despite your many accusations. You are a fraud
Rev.3:5..Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will NEVER blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.(Rev. 3:4-5)

He’s basically telling the unsaved in Sardis that if they put their trust in Him like some of their friends have, they too will be dressed in white and He will never blot their names out of the book of life. Rev. 3:5 is one more promise, right from the Lord’s mouth, that once our names are in the book they can never be erased. Once saved, always saved AND THEN WE HAVE THIS ONE..

John 10:28
28and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand

and MORE..John 11:22..25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth on me, though he die, yet shall he live; 26and whosoever liveth and believeth on me shall NEVER die.

40..Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou believedst, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

13for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Location hidden

#481979 Jan 30, 2013
Senacus.....i think it would actually be more helpful that you clarify your position with that. You agree or disagree one must remain faithful and obedient until the end to be saved? I have always been under the impression you believe they must. The verse you gave however is one more likely to ignore followups such as the natural branches being cut off or all the conditional verses we have discussed prior saying "if". So can you clarify your position? Thx

Location hidden

#481980 Jan 30, 2013
Romans 10, Brethren, my heart’s desire and my supplication to God is for them, that they may be saved. 2For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3For being ignorant of God’s "righteousness", and seeking to establish THEIR OWN, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4For Christ is the end of the law unto righteousness to every one that believeth.

Those who TRY to establish their own righteousness did NOY subject themselves to GODS Righteousness?? Thats YOU Skom. But continue on trying to establish your own and I will trust in Gods righteousness by faith..

Location hidden

#481981 Jan 30, 2013
Senecus wrote:
Allow me to offer an assist...
I think both 'sides' could do well in a little expository study from Galatians 2:15-12:
"We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.
But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! For if I rebuild what I tore down, I prove myself to be a transgressor.
For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God.
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose."
Just a thought;)
AND a good thought..Thanks Senecus

Location hidden

#481982 Jan 30, 2013
Rachel's Tomb.

Jacob buried his wife Rachel near Ephrath(Bethlehem) and he built a pillar there on her grave which stood for many years.A domed monument was built in the twelfth centrury A.D.by the Crusaders near Bethlehem at the traditional site of her grave.Today it is a mosque.Interestingly bedouins(nomadic Arabs)today bury their children near the tomb.

Location hidden

#481983 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You actually know the Bible worse than I thought. The natural branches are the Jews. And obeying Christ is leaving my first love and this fro a person who doesnt think his teachings apply to her?dont make me laugh. What verses say Christs teachings dont apply to the Gentiles again? Should I just make a humming sound and let drool drip off my chin to replicate your answer?
A humming sound might be better than the blabbering you are doing on here right now. You have drool coming off your chin? Figures. Go take a cool shower Skumbolis...you get too overheated over differences in beliefs. No wonder so many people attack your post. You act like a spoiled child who cant win a prize. Have a nice life Skum..

Location hidden

#481984 Jan 30, 2013
Grace you dont believe the teachings of Jesus apply to us so scratch that. Oh wait you said the gospels were for the Jews...scratch the ones from John. Besides it is John where Christ explains where one to remain IN CHRIST they have to obey him. See it gets tricky doesnt it when it suits your purpose to ignore the teachings of Christ and the gospels when espousing Paul but then trying to resort to them when you need them. But lets talk John then. Christ says in John 15 they have been cleaned by the word but must remain in Him otherwise they are like branches broken off and discared and burned. And to remainin Christ you have to obey him. Any verses to refute that or that say obedience really means obedience to faith?

Location hidden

#481985 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>the guy has stalked me very unfriendly like for 6 months so there was nothing casual about it. But the timing is sure coincidental after i pointed out you mock Cnristgians for arguing the Bible and they believe it and most u guys who dont spend just as much time arguing it. guess it struck a nerve. go figger
You tell me that what I said is not the smok'n truth Skom...because it is ...and that must have struck the nerve(as you put it) Your fangs came out instantly and are like a lion roaming about to see what it can devour.
Now , If you think everyone who comes on this thread has to eat your sh!t and kiss your azz, ya got another thing com'n.
I've been real laid back and non aggressive here, and I think you have misinterpreted that as weakness. That would be a big mistake on your part...I do not back up for anybody, and I will NOT allow your
"holier than thou" azz ta spit in my face without taking a couple of your teeth with me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min kent 658,921
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Doctor Jekyl 71,108
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 2 min frigginhell 285
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min ffj 974,863
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Toby 5,061
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Al Capone 3,047
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 1 hr fed up 160
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 283,030
More from around the web