|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Q
I just remembered why I haven't been posting!
It didn't take long! LOL
Sigh
Probably just blowing thru myself
(T) Peace
I understand brother... as Ians had said in an earlier post... that he hadn't tithed to the church in 35 years (not that tithing will save you)... but his point was that OSAS was threatening to the church because if that is true then he has nothing to worry about. I took note of that and though he is an atheist... "he gets it".

:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ask and it will be given to you.seek and you will find,knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives,He who seeks finds and to him who knock the door will be opened.
Which of you if his son asks for bread will give him a stone or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake.If you then though you are evil know how to give good gifts to your children how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to thoses who ask him.

Enter through the narrow gate.For wide is the gate and broad is the road that lead to destuction and many enter through it.But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life and only a few find it.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Grace :) I was talking to my mum-in-law yesterday (she's my Christian 'yoda'), about OSAS. She said she believes there are different levels of Heaven. She gets this from Revelation. She said that because my hubby was once a true believer, he is saved and would probably go into the first level. She said the same thing about my mother, who passed away 3 years ago. I have often fretted about where she might be. My MIL, then said something about how, because I am saved, so is my mother and siblings and that the same theory applied to my husband because of his family. She believes in OSAS. So it's making me wonder more and more about it, I'd like to talk to you about it, if you want to.
Blessings <3
Hi J LU,
Of course we can talk. I am not sure about the 3 heavens but I am positive about OSAS. Lucy, We are SAVED becuase of WHAT Jesus did for us.( As long as we accept Him and BELIEVE what He done for us) Thats all it takes to be SAVED. Jesus done for us what we couldn't do on our own. If we couldnt do anything to "SAVE" ourself, then how are we going to do anything to "UNSAVE" ourself? This is the "Obedience" that God requires from us. IF we could be saved because of our Performance to a list of rules or by us simply asking for forgiveness, then God could do that without having to come here and hang on a cross and die..Right? People claim to Believe God but then they want to Limit Him down to their standards and what they are really doing in reality is saying, "Well, what Jesus done was good but it just wasn't enough to save me without "ME" finishing it for Him. Have you been invited to join our facebook group? We have a private group that many of us on here are a part of and you will learn a lot more about the Gospel of Grace. Most are Christians..some are not but most believe Only in the Gospel of Grace. Do you have a facebook account? I can send you a request but we dont come on here and reveal who people are out of respect for one another. If you are interested, Send me a private message and I will invite you. Its so much more peaceful than topix and you will meet some great people who will be happy to help explain some things to you without all the added confusion. Tell your MIL, that I said, God Bless. I will be back on in a few hours. I have to go get my taxes filled out today.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So your mother and siblings could be atheist, but they'd be saved anyway because you are?
You misread her post

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I understand brother... as Ians had said in an earlier post... that he hadn't tithed to the church in 35 years (not that tithing will save you)... but his point was that OSAS was threatening to the church because if that is true then he has nothing to worry about. I took note of that and though he is an atheist... "he gets it".
Keep believing a lie Quin and what Man has to say over what God said and you will NEVER see past your flesh. Are you saying the "church" is threatened over Gods New Covenant? hahaha.Please, Give God more credit than that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I understand brother... as Ians had said in an earlier post... that he hadn't tithed to the church in 35 years (not that tithing will save you)... but his point was that OSAS was threatening to the church because if that is true then he has nothing to worry about. I took note of that and though he is an atheist... "he gets it".
I hear ya brother

Either it all matters or nothing does.

I will say one final thought on this (at least unsolicited) and that is I saw someoen who believes OSAS say the other day in WIANLAC that if you aren't saved TODAY then that means you never were. Basically the old excuse that a "true believer" would never walk away from the faith

But I found it ironic that his own words disprove OSAS. Because if that statement is true then it would be true every day. Meaning every day his salvation is contingent on him still being a believer TODAY otherwise (at least according to him) it would mean he never truly believed in the first place. Of course we know people have truly believed and walked away but regardless, even for the sake of argument that no "true believer" would, nobody can lay claim to that until the reach the end of the race. Only if one endures until the end can they say it proves they were a true believer. Every day from now until the day they die would how many days they have to wake up and say "I am a believer because I believe TODAY".

Which of course is the message repeated throughout the bible coincidentally enough. Even by Paul

1Corinthians 15:1-2
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Oh well, it tis what it tis

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep believing a lie Quin and what Man has to say over what God said and you will NEVER see past your flesh. Are you saying the "church" is threatened over Gods New Covenant? hahaha.Please, Give God more credit than that.
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Part of the gospel he preached to them included the the two greatest commandments

Romans 13:8
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

And you are not being honest. Quin wasn't believing man over God. He was agreeing with a man who understood the teaching of Jesus Christ that say our actions matter. When you finally stop with the smoke and mirrors you have no scripture to support anything you claim. Your posts are all hyperbole and sleight of hand. You make oversimplifications and generalizations that would only inspire the ignorant but have nothing to do with the truth or even the conversation.

Of course anybody can say something like "I will take God's Word over man's any day" and some people will be "you go girl". LOL I mean of course what you are espousing is the opposite of what the bible claims and your accusation that someone is taking man's word of God's is patently untrue but what they hey, I guess you gotta go where your talents take you.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya brother
I will say one final thought on this (at least unsolicited) and that is I saw someoen who believes OSAS say the other day in WIANLAC that if you aren't saved TODAY then that means you never were. Basically the old excuse that a "true believer" would never walk away from the faith
But I found it ironic that his own words disprove OSAS. Because if that statement is true then it would be true every day. Meaning every day his salvation is contingent on him still being a believer TODAY otherwise (at least according to him) it would mean he never truly believed in the first place. Of course we know people have truly believed and walked away but regardless, even for the sake of argument that no "true believer" would, nobody can lay claim to that until the reach the end of the race. Only if one endures until the end can they say it proves they were a true believer. Every day from now until the day they die would how many days they have to wake up and say "I am a believer because I believe TODAY".
Which of course is the message repeated throughout the bible coincidentally enough. Even by Paul
(T) Peace
Amen Bro... that is one of those cult mechanisms at work "you never were really saved". It doesn't seem cultish because the beliefs are mainstream. But when one breaks it down... that kind of accusation is pretty much what cult people would say. I used to believe the same way until The Lord set me free of that thinking through His Word. Now sometimes that is true. Sometimes a person was never really saved to begin with. Heck unfortunately, there some people who call themselves Christians who aren't saved.

As our brother Paul once stated,"...some have shipwrecked their faith." It doesn't mean that they were never saved to begin with... he's simply telling it like it is.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Oh btw, I'm not saying that folks are intentionally being cultish... because if one is deceived then how would they know it?

When does a person finds out they are in a cult... or maybe not in a cult but just those cultic tendencies?

When they finally wake up. <--- Not wake up physically but when "deep down" their consciences wake up... in other words, when they snap out of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you?
Awee yes you are the poster who posted the picture of the staving child.

Then the Lord said to him.Now then clean you Pharieses clean the outside of the cup and dish but inside you are full of greed and wickedness.You foolish people Did not the one who made the outside make the inside.But give the inside the dish to the poor and everything will be clean for you.

I tell you friend do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more.But I will show you whom you should fear.Fear him who after the killing of the body has power to throw you in hell.Yes I tell you fear him.Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies.Yet not one of this is forgotten by God.

Vengences is mine saith the Lord.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
The Son of God Music Ministry
The True Grace of God
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"Man of the tombs
He lives in a place where no one goes
And he tears at himself
And lives with a pain that no one knows
He counts himself dead among the living
He knows no mercy and no forgiving
Deep in the night he's driven to cry out loud
Can you hear him cry out loud?
Man of the tombs
Possessed by an unseen enemy
He breaks every chain
And mistakes his freedom for being free
Shame and shamelessness equally there
Like a random toss of a coin in the air
Man of the tombs, he's driven to cry out loud
Underneath this thing that I've become
A fading memory of flesh and blood
I curse the womb, I bless the grave
I've lost my heart, I cannot be saved
Like those who fear me, I'm afraid
Like those I've hurt, I can feel pain
Naked now before my sin
And these stones that cut against my skin
Some try to touch me, but no one can
For man of the tombs I am
Down at the shoreline
Two sets of footprints meet
One voice is screaming
Other voice begins to speak
In only a moment and only a word
The evil departs like a thundering herd
Man of the tombs, he hears this cry out loud
Underneath this thing that you've become
I see a man of flesh and blood
I give you life beyond the grave
I heal your heart, I come to save
No need to fear, be not afraid
This Man of sorrows knows your pain
I come to take away your sin
And bear it's marks upon My skin
When no one can touch you, still I can
For Son of God I am
Dressed now and seated
Clean in spirit and healthy of mind
Man of the tombs
He begs to follow, but must stay behind
He'll return to has family with stories to tell
Of mercy and madness, of heaven and hell
Man of the tombs, soon he will cry out loud
Underneath this thing that I once was
Now I'm a man of flesh and blood
I have a life beyond the grave
I found my heart, I can now be saved
No need to fear, I am not afraid
This Man of sorrows took my pain
He comes to take away our sin
And bear it's marks upon His skin
I'm telling you this story because
Man of the tombs I was"
Lovely <3

“Which "god"?”

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So your mother and siblings could be atheist, but they'd be saved anyway because you are?
Interesting.
I guess I'm saved then, since my sister is WAY saved.
Does that mean I can do all kinds of bad stuff now and still go to heaven if there turns out to be one?
Because that's what I REALLY want to do.
Being atheist and all...
I'm not sure what it all means to me yet.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Grace :) I was talking to my mum-in-law yesterday (she's my Christian 'yoda'), about OSAS. She said she believes there are different levels of Heaven. She gets this from Revelation. She said that because my hubby was once a true believer, he is saved and would probably go into the first level. She said the same thing about my mother, who passed away 3 years ago. I have often fretted about where she might be. My MIL, then said something about how, because I am saved, so is my mother and siblings and that the same theory applied to my husband because of his family. She believes in OSAS. So it's making me wonder more and more about it, I'd like to talk to you about it, if you want to.Blessings <3
.. hi ya Luci ..

.. in Mormonism, there are Three Degrees of Heaven. You might find their dogma interesting:

"There are three kingdoms of glory: the celestial kingdom, the terrestrial kingdom, and the telestial kingdom. The glory we inherit will depend on the depth of our conversion, expressed by our obedience to the Lord's commandments. It will depend on the manner in which we have “received the testimony of Jesus”

http://www.lds.org/topics/kingdoms-of-glory...

.. and, they believe animals can go to heaven with their people ..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why do Christians squabble over doctrine ??..

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lovely <3
Glory to God... Good Morning Juicylu.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya brother
(T) Peace
Forget that bible which has changed so many times in the last 1500 years more often than a chameleon!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Watch out! Be on your guard agaist all kinds of greed;for a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.

And he told them a parable.The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop.He thought to himself what shall I do.I have no place to store my crop.

Then he said,This is what I'll do I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones and there I will store all my grains and my goods.And I'll say to myself You have plenty of good things laid up for many years.Take life easy eat,drink and be merry.

But God said to him.You FOOL this very night your life will be demanded from you.Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself.

This is how it will be with everyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The law also had nothing to do with Jesus Christ.In fact those who followed the law but felt they did not need Christ for a savior are what are widely known as the pharisees. So when someone says are we under law or under grace,, what shouldn't get lost is that to be IN CHRIST one must obey him and trust in Him for salvation. Even if people didn't have to follow any portion of the law (which clearly is not the case or we would be allowed to murder, steal, etc) once entering the age of grace, they still have to obey Jesus Christ
People often say we are no longer under the curse of law. I don't think fully understand what that means but that is my opinion. But would anybody say we are no longer under the curse of the teachings of Jesus Christ? Yet they espouse the same adherence to it which is zero. And this is despite being sent the Holy Spirit to remind us of his teachings and his last command after rising from the dead was to baptize all nations and make sure they obey (observe) all he has commanded of them.
Just something i have never understood and perhaps some food for thought
(T) Peace
Well, it is for sure: Jesus has (probabely) died some 2000 years ago and since then he no ever has been again surrected!

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why do Christians squabble over doctrine ??..
Because we want to do due diligence and get it right. That's what Brothers and Sisters do because of sibling rivalry... they squabble.

“Which "god"?”

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Luci ..
.. in Mormonism, there are Three Degrees of Heaven. You might find their dogma interesting:
"There are three kingdoms of glory: the celestial kingdom, the terrestrial kingdom, and the telestial kingdom. The glory we inherit will depend on the depth of our conversion, expressed by our obedience to the Lord's commandments. It will depend on the manner in which we have “received the testimony of Jesus”
http://www.lds.org/topics/kingdoms-of-glory...
.. and, they believe animals can go to heaven with their people ..
Cheers Happy Cat :D I must admit I don't know a lot about Mormonism, I'll check it out :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 463,641 - 463,660 of596,624
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

626 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
King of the hill! (game) (Feb '12) 2 min andet1987 1,221
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Sheilaa 109,804
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 4 min Bobthegreat 289
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 680,979
Gay Snapchat Names 13 min chadronstateguy 1,378
Why do people not believe in God? (Feb '07) 15 min Some1 Else 24,628
PVP Content in The Elder Scrolls Online 16 min esogold 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min truth 512,388
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 89,630
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr number four 217,305
•••
•••
•••