Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Serah

Wynn Vale, Australia

#481952 Jan 30, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Hi,Skom. Hi,Serah. This is Doctor REALITY of the United States of America wishing everyone in every nation a beautiful rest of the week: Nite!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RaBDE_8DLagXX
Sweet Dreams of Angels Dr Reality ~ will watch this when I get home, but sure it is going to be lovely :)
mike

AOL

#481953 Jan 30, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Brag on God.
And until God opens their eyes, they will never see.
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into
judgment, but has passed from death into life.(John 5:24)
“These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.”(1 John 5:13)
Hello Drew

Is it written, a GOD must open the eyes of a unbeliever?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#481954 Jan 30, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>D by the Lord when His ONLY STANDARD is TOTAL HOLINESS?? I'll tell you how,Skombolis: By FULLY TRUSTING in the 'Finished Work' of the Holy Cross of Calvary,instead of our 'own works'. Night...
That sounds great doc...poetic almost. The problem is if one doesnt remain faithful and obedient after accepting the Lord they will not be saved and every author of the Bible says this. Hey I wish OSAS was true. Why wouldnt I? But why does scripture say nothing of the sort? I cant believe I just saw someone post one verse as if that is the culmanation of the entire Bible. But thats what ppl do. They take a single verse saying something like trust in Christ to be saved and then dont address the hundreds of verses that add to that. They will say we are only under Romans to Phillemon or the teachings of Christ dont apply to us. If I was allowed to wipe out thousands of verses in the NT I could make it seem like the Bible said all sorts of things too

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#481955 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Had to edit ur post for space. How is discussing a parable in the Bible "pimping the Bible"?
I was talking about faith being pimped without any warning as to it's negative side effects.
Skombolis wrote:
LOL...What are the negative instructions of the NT?
IANS keeps the lists. Have you seen them?
Skombolis wrote:
What you think is digusting about the Bible dcoesnt interest me. To each their own. If you dont see the value then dont read it.
Don't you want to improve your evangelism? You'll need to keep up with what is socially acceptable to do that. Christianity has been adapting to survive since it's inception. Talking about mindless obedience isn't very good way to attract prospects anymore.
Skombolis wrote:
It isnt a complicated issue to resolve. A lot of ppl are under the misconception we care if you reject the faith and feel a need to badger you into Accepting it.
Who is "we"? You aren't talking about Christians. They're just as liable to badger as not. It's one of those cherry tenets.
Skombolis wrote:
Once i did my job of telling u its on you. I mention this cus u guys keep telling us why you dont like the Bible. Whats the reason for telling us out of curiosity?
Would you want to know if you were wrong?
Skombolis wrote:
Expand on love and pray for enemy ? Really? well its like loving ur neighbor..except replace neighbor with enemy! Whadda want from me? Thats pretty self-explanatory!
What does "love" mean in this context? Do you allow your enemy to kill you, steal from you, take you for a slave? Do you not defend yourself? Do you not retaliate? How many of the enemy are you allowed to kill to save your allies? What I'm asking is, is it more than a feeling?

If this kind of love is like the love the God character has, you can be really shitty with your enemy. You could torture them forever for little more than disrespect.

Location hidden

#481956 Jan 30, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Drew
Is it written, a GOD must open the eyes of a unbeliever?
He will probably answer you because it is a verse he agrees with. Ask him why the Gentiles are told in Romans that they avoided severity and instead received goodness because they believed but were warned that even the natural branches (jews) can be cut off so all the more reason for them to keep their faith and to remain in God's goodness so they dont also get cut off?You like to mix it up right? or consider it a favor to me! i know i wont get an answer other than being told God has blinded me

Location hidden

#481957 Jan 30, 2013
@Tide...I didnt read IANs list. my evengelism could care less what is socially acceptable. I dont tailer what I believe to make it more pleasing. Sure Id want to know if I was wrong. I dont think you are in any position biblically to show me however. That is based purely on merit not pride. As for love thy enemy its not a convoluded concept and Im not going to entertain a discussion attempting to make it one. (T) PEACE

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#481958 Jan 30, 2013
Nimrod World First Warrior.

Genesis 10:8&9 says of Nimrod He was the first on earth to be a mighty man.He was a mighty hunter before the Lord.He had a great kingdom that included several cities in Babylonia and Assyria.The Bible says that he built Nineveh as well.
mike

AOL

#481960 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>He will probably answer you because it is a verse he agrees with. Ask him why the Gentiles are told in Romans that they avoided severity and instead received goodness because they believed but were warned that even the natural branches (jews) can be cut off so all the more reason for them to keep their faith and to remain in God's goodness so they dont also get cut off?You like to mix it up right? or consider it a favor to me! i know i wont get an answer other than being told God has blinded me
Hello Skombolis, always a pleasure to receive a reply from you, except of course when you rant, we all do not a problem.

Drew and I also bump-heads!
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#481961 Jan 30, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Bonjour Monsieur Sora, apologize for getting back to you late... just started looking back to respond. Oui oui.
Bonjour Monsieur Qu, your responses to me are always appreciated irregardless of time. I am working on a new composition based on traditional folk music from Turkey, we loved the country very much.

Location hidden

#481962 Jan 30, 2013
Ishmael:Father of the Arabs.

Ishmael was the son of Abraham by his wife's maid,Keturah(or Hagar)She was driven away from the household when Sarah's taunting became unbearable(Genesis 16).God promised that Ishmael's descendants would make a great nation also and Arabs generally trace their ancestry back to him.The Quran states that Abraham and Ismail(Ishmael)built the Kaba(the house of god in Mecca) as the house of God.This was long before the Temple in Jerusalem was built.

Location hidden

#481963 Jan 30, 2013
Abraham Father of a Great Nation.

Abraham's orginal name was Abram,which means exalted father or the father is exalted.God gave him his new name Abraham which is explains as father of a multitude.This was to emphasize God's promise to Abraham that he would have many descendants.

Location hidden

#481964 Jan 30, 2013
sorry double posted.

Location hidden

#481965 Jan 30, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>So I guess your chances of ending up in hell are pretty good then,huh??
Nah I am repentant when I sin while you revel in it. I like my chances. I wouldnt put money on you. But hey anything is possible, with Christ all things are.(Thats from the Bible btw)

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#481966 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@GRACE...I am not interested in your copied and pasted commentaries. You have been given a dozen verses and asked for your personal interpretation and keep refusing to answer. You have been asked to provide the verses you base once-saved on and you refuse to answer. If you dont know the Bible well enough to do the most basic things like offer your interpretation or provide the verses you base your beliefs on then why keep wasting everybody's time? You can act the fool all you want and tell people they dont understand or trust in Christ but it is pretty obvious who is the one that doesnt know what they are talking about it that is trying desperately to overcompensate with silly claims. let me know when you can do more than cut and paste
AND YOU have been given more than a dozen verses but you just ignore them. I will post whatever I want to post. I am not interested in anything you have to peddle either Catholic Boy. I tried to be civil to you but you are too devious to do anything but argue with someone who doesnt agree with the mighty Skumbolis.
Go ahead and be obedient as your Nun teacher forced you to be. That is NOT being obedient to the Law of Faith and IF you dont know what that means than look it up yourself.I can quote every scripture in the whole bible and you Still wont believe me. I am tired of discussing this with an arrogant prideful religious man who is here to stroke his own ego. Enjoy striving for something that God Offered freely.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#481967 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Again you dont address the verses, offer interpretations, provide verses, etc. You just keep regurgitating your scripturally unsupported opinions. What about the Bible terrifies you so? Lets try again with your favorite Paul. If believers that keep in memory what they have been taught are saved, what happens to believers who dont keep it in memory? And who were the natural branches cut off for unbelief and who was warned make sure they dont get cut off later for unbelief? How many times can u duck this?
The Natural branch is Jesus. Those who are cut off is believers who (like You) want to continue in the OT covenant of law and reject the Grace that God has given us..Which is Jesus and HIS sacrificial death, burial and ressurection. You will be cut off just like those who Jesus told to depart for you left your first love..You dont TRUST that what Jesus done for you was enough..YOU can do better than He done. YOU can OBEY ALL the laws that NO man in History was capable of doing EXCEPT Jesus. SO, Its Believers like YOU who will find themselves cut off UNLESS you repent or Change your mind towards Christ. If you dont like this answer, Take it up with God. Those are His rules, NOT mine..If you know the Bible half as much as you claim you do, YOU will know this.

Location hidden

#481968 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
.Go ahead and be obedient as your Nun teacher forced you to be. That is NOT being obedient to the Law of Faith and IF you dont know what that means than look it up yourself.I can quote every scripture in the whole bible and you Still wont believe me. I am tired of discussing this with an arrogant prideful religious man who is here to stroke his own ego. Enjoy striving for something that God Offered freely.
LOL...translation: "I still dont have any verses to back up my claims and I still wont offer any interpretations because no matter how many apologist commentaries I pull out of my backside none of them address the relevant scripture either" Just keep making silly accusations further exposing your ignorance. The law of faith? LOL..is that like obedience to faith? And I wasx civil back till I saw u were scamming me and never was going to answer despite your many accusations. You are a fraud

Location hidden

#481969 Jan 30, 2013
Abimelech: Philistine Royal Title.

The stories in Genesis 20 and 26 about Abimelech and the Hebrew patriarchs suggest to many scholars that Abimelech may not have been a personal name,but rather a royal title just as pharaoh was the title of Egyptian kings.Abimelech means My father is king.Whish supports this assumption.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#481970 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a joke. You had twice apologized for making a mistake.
And dude, I thought by now you had gotten over your paranoia.
Somebody pissed in his oatmeal, and he has this need to make those that are not cristian imbibed appear less than decent humans, and not worthy of discussing anything about the bible or christian behavior towards their own or those that share this world with them as members of the human race.
That "holier than thou" attitude is setting the stage for the downfall of their religion and rightly so. They can't even get along and act decent to themselves. Folks that act like that aren't even worth your breath as a fellow human being. How much less worth are they to their god?

Location hidden

#481971 Jan 30, 2013
Hey Grace, what is 2 plus 2? 5 right? Is anybody that thinks it is four blinded by the devil?LOL....I can give interpretations of scripture because they back up my claims. You cant so you dont. And your claims of civility and calling other prideful is just more manipulative garbage from the most ignorant yet ikronically prideful person in here. Go sell it to someone else that thinks 2 plus 2 is 5

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#481972 Jan 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. everything is left to individual interpretation. That's why all the disagreements on this thread ..
No wonder the church wouldn't allow them to even possess bibles until the Calvin abortion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Jr met with a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE during ... 4 min Doctor REALITY 4
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min JCPete 79,479
foreign bride 101: welcome gift for sis-in-law 35 min keir22 1
Good wedding gift for foreign brides 54 min mike422 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 701,413
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,863
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Johnny 448,360
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Tellthetruth 995,739