“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#481835 Jan 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
A good measure pressed down,shaken together and running over will be poured into your lap.
That's rockin' good news. To show my gratitude, I have one for you:

"Friends make wonderful company after hours, but you will also be socializing at work, or just pouring oil on troubled waters. This isn't a day to attempt anything too serious or too routine. Charm the boss into letting you do less. You are intrigued by ideas that are different; companions respect your questing mind. Such ideas are not always popular, but they certainly stimulate discussion."

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#481836 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, OK, thanks.
I don't believe in gods or in salvation.
But if I did, OSAS seems to be a very poor idea.
Overconfidence could lead to bad behavior, given the Christian view that people are bad by nature, wouldn't you say?
Hi Catcher,
Actually it does just the opposite. I use to rant and rave about all those laws and how sin separates us from God and then I learned the gospel. I use to sound just like some of these legalistic Judaizers on here. Always telling people they would burn in hell if they sinned and they had to beg God for forgivness and had to do this and had to do that and they had to strive to be perfect..yada, blah, blah and blah..Nothing can be further from Salvation than that exact mindframe..Of course we have to repent and accept and believe in Jesus Christ but once you become His, you are bought and paid for. We will still be corrected when we mess up, just like we correct our own children and God may even let you run away from Him, But He will bring you back to Himself. Believing in Jesus is simple..Believing WHAT HE finished at the CROSS is what and where Grace and Law differ. Most of these christians have only lived ONE Relogious belief their whole life..they believe whatever their preacher has pounded in their heads for years and wont accept that God actually WANTS A FATHER/CHILD RELATIONSHIP.. Not just behavior modification..That comes from The Holy Spirit.

Fennario

#481837 Jan 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye.
He who hesitates is lost. A stitch in time saves nine.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#481838 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Again BLL..YOU dont believe in OSAS but you STILL sin.
Now. But, I try, from moment to moment, to become perfect and holy, just as we were instructed. I don't diminish the value of such profitable instruction by considering them mere suggestions, or by ignoring them altogether. And how do I try to become perfect? First, I learned the law. Then, I learned the spiritual application of the law, as taught by my Savior, my King, and my Lord. And now, I try, to the best of my ability, not only to apply what I've learned, but to continue in them, just as we were commanded.
Grace Walker wrote:
We who believe in OSAS still sin.
I know. And according to this doctrine, you've no reason, or incentive, to even attempt becoming perfect.
Grace Walker wrote:
So WHAT do you do about YOUR sins?
I, first, ask to be forgiven of them. Then, I try, even harder, to forsake them so as not to take for granted the gift of grace that's been freely given me.
Grace Walker wrote:
In Gods eyes, your pride in your own self effort is equally as bad as pedophilia, a liar and adultry..ITS DISGUSTING In GODS EYES!!!!
John wrote, "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."

I don't strive for perfection in order to be saved. I refrain from sin in order to be saved. I strive for perfection, though, because it benefits all I encounter.
Grace Walker wrote:
We NEVER said they didnt HAVE to repent.
If you're always saved, especially after that first time of repentance, then why repent again and again and again, as if the first time wasn't enough? Doesn't such repetition prove a lack of faith, like vain, repetitious prayer?
Grace Walker wrote:
Stop adding your own words Mr Pharisee. Do you know WHAT a Pharisee was? A Religious Leader who pointed their crooked little fingers at Sinners..Yep, Fits you to a T ...Jesus rebuked these Pharisee's time after time but they were such "Great keepers of the Law", they thought THEY were above all those disgusting outcast sinners who were not as Obedient to the Law of Moses. Jesus even called them Hypocrites. He NEVER Called the sinners a hypocrite. Those "Sinners" are the VERY ONES Jesus came to die for. WHO are YOU BLL, to decide WHO God forgives? If Jesus died for their SINS, and they accepted His free gift of Salvation, YOUR opinion is NOT going to send them to hell. WILL they be punished? YES!!! God decides the punishment though, NOT YOU or anybody else. STOP Playing GOD..ITS Disgusting
You're all over the place.

One, I don't consider myself perfect, or even righteous. But, I do make the effort to become as such. Secondly, I don't point out anyone else's sins. Rather, I try to warn them of the consequences if we choose to walk a broad and wide path while claiming to be saved. As it's written, "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." You can ignore this all you want. That's on you. And who am I? A person that's studied "God's" word so that I know what He expects of us and what He doesn't. I know who "God" forgives because it's written who will be saved and who will not be. And as to punishment? The wages of sin is death.

You've got a lot to learn, Grace Walker. If only you would take off the indoctrination blinders that have been welded to your heart and mind.

Fennario

#481839 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Do you think someone's faith is literally a mustard seed? Stands to reason if it started off as allegory it would continue as one
That's not an allegory.
Skombolis wrote:
It is literally called The Parable of the Mustard Seed. Jesus taught 40 parables. Something to keep in mind when reading his words. He often asks us to understand the underlying message in a story.
If he wants his words understood, maybe he shouldn't use parables. They are a terrible way to communicate. Has one even been written since Aesop and Jesus? I haven't used even one in over 47,000 posts.

Let's try one for the fun of it:

A man once bought a fur coat and gave it to a duck walking across the street with a mustard seed of concern. The duck was hit by a tractor trailer.

And that is why your religion is wrong. Get it?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#481840 Jan 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Counter_Strike takes exception to our amicable interactions ..
Indeed.

Fennario

#481841 Jan 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
But the one who hears my words and does not put them in practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without foundation
True, but he who laughs last laughs best.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#481842 Jan 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
?
I really dont get it. There are no verses that say future sins are forgiven. There are no verses that say believers will automatically remain faithful or obedient. There are no verses that even remotely suggest the teachings of Jesus Christ dont apply to us. The entire OSAS doctrine is based on one verse by Paul who says there is no condemnation for those IN CHRIST.which is explained in detail by Christ himself in John in which he says those who have been cleaned by the word must remain in him by being obedient or they are broken off and burned. Paul even warns if the natural branches can be broken off then all the more reason we need to obey. He says people remain saved IF they keep in memory what they have been taught. He warns of believing in vain, of receving grace in vain, in making sure we keep our election sure, and says only those who obey the law are righteous in God's eyes. For women he says their salvation is tied to child-rearing...cont

Location hidden

#481843 Jan 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Either, you didn't read my whole post, or you didn't understand it. Regardless, in my post, I had stated, "The covenant that 'God' made with Israel when he delivered them from Egypt was one of blood. Obviously, then, the new covenant would resemble the old, as the old was a shadow of the new. In this case, the covenant transferred from the blood of animals to the blood of our anointed Savior. There is no further mention of any other law other than that of sacrifice, then."
Pay attention, Grace Walker.
<quoted text>So, we were given a conscience after our anointed Savior was crucified...
That's odd that you would say that, because it seems to me that Joshua was calling upon the conscience of Israel as they made their way into Canaan. He said, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Now, as I believe, this putting of the law and writing of it into our hearts began with the teachings of our anointed Saviour.
<quoted text>And you can't, Grace Walker, as their very existence makes your beliefs questionable.
<quoted text>The problem is that you've chosen the broad and wide path, and teach others to do the same. Your beliefs cause lukewarmness. Why make any effort toward becoming perfect, right?
You Keep talking about our ANOINTED SAVIOUR but you dont mention what He done or you simply do not know what He has accomplished for US.

Under the above considerations; as the riches, the glory, and the mystery of the Gospel; as the hope set before lost sinners to lay hold upon; as the only Saviour and Redeemer, by whose "righteousness" BELIEVERS are JUSTIFIED, through whose blood their sins are PARDONED, by whose sacrifice and satisfaction atonement is made, and in whose person alone is acceptance with God: Christ and him crucified, and salvation by him

Do you not know what Justified means??
Do you not know what PARDONED means??
Do you not understand what a REDEEMER IS??
Do you know what the definition for SANCTIFIED is??

Once you learn that it was THESE things that our ANOINTED SAVIOUR done for us? If you are calling Him our Anointed Saiour then find out WHY He is called that. Give Him the crdit that He deserves and drop your self righteous display of perfectness..you pale in comparison to Jesus. Have a great day BLL

Fennario

#481844 Jan 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
As I said, just substitute any group you'd like into her comment to see if she is offensive or not:

Blacks are greedy, jealous, selfish, foolish, ignorant
Jews are greedy, jealous, selfish, foolish, ignorant
Mankind is greedy, jealous, selfish, foolish, ignorant

Sorry, but I take offense at that.
Skombolis wrote:
You are kidding right?
No.
Skombolis wrote:
The first two would be bigoted claiming morality is linked is skin color or ethnicity. It would be singling out a group based on nothing significant based solely on predjudices towards that group.
So is the third
Skombolis wrote:
Saying mankind is greedy, jealous, foolish, ignorant, or whatever is someone's opinion of man's nature ...
As a human being, I take exception to that opinion.
Skombolis wrote:
... and is all-inclusive and judges evenly based on the actions of all humans.
Bigotry typically does.
Skombolis wrote:
She has a right to her opinion.
I'm aware. Did you have a point?
Skombolis wrote:
And there is a huge, huge difference between bigoted statements and non-bigoted statements.
Describing all humanity as failed is bigoted against humanity. What's the hard part there?
Skombolis wrote:
But while we are on it, what humans do you know that have never exhibited greed or jealously, or ignorance or foolishness?
I doubt any.
Skombolis wrote:
So you complaint is to the degree that you think they engage in it is less that what you perceive Whispers to be saying?
Nope.

lil whispers wrote: "I fully realize mankind is a total failure."

Location hidden

#481845 Jan 30, 2013
Brother Lee...every single author of the Bible repeats the same warning about why one must remain faithful and obedient. There is not a single verse that claims there are "true believers" and believers but rather it is shown repeatedly believers who dont endure to the end are not saved. Every author, every book, every teaching of Jesus Christ tells us the same thing. But I guess you lack faith in the sacrifice because you believe the Bible and believe Jesus Christ? Jesus said the Spirit would be sent to remind us of his teachings and his final command after rising from the dead was for all nations to be baptized and to make sure they obey all he has commanded. Yet despite all that someone will maintain one verse means something it doesnt and disregard the rest of the Bible and openly claim Christ's teachings dont apply to us yet say others dont trust in him?I know this wont go anywhere and its futile and a waste of time to even address it any more but it is just baffling to me.(T) PEACE

Fennario

#481846 Jan 30, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I understand brother... as Ians had said in an earlier post... that he hadn't tithed to the church in 35 years (not that tithing will save you)... but his point was that OSAS was threatening to the church because if that is true then he has nothing to worry about. I took note of that and though he is an atheist... "he gets it".
:)
Thank you.

Location hidden

#481847 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
That's not an allegory.
<quoted text>
If he wants his words understood, maybe he shouldn't use parables. They are a terrible way to communicate. Has one even been written since Aesop and Jesus? I haven't used even one in over 47,000 posts.
Let's try one for the fun of it:
A man once bought a fur coat and gave it to a duck wal.
And that is why your religion is wrong. Get it?
That was my mistake, I meant to say parable. And what is the relevence of coming up with a nonsensical parable? Are you saying the parables of Christ are difficult to understand? I find them easy to follow. For all the disagreements over scripture I have almost never seen anyone disagree about any of the parables. Just one actually about many are called but few are chosen as far as how can that support predestination as God would not call those he had no intention of saving. But nobody really cares if you dont want to believe. Get it?

Location hidden

#481848 Jan 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Now. But, I try, from moment to moment, to become perfect and holy, just as we were instructed. I don't diminish the value of such profitable instruction by considering them mere suggestions, or by ignoring them altogether. And how do I try to become perfect? First, I learned the law. Then, I learned the spiritual application of the law, as taught by my Savior, my King, and my Lord. And now, I try, to the best of my ability, not only to apply what I've learned, but to continue in them, just as we were commanded.
<quoted text>I know. And according to this doctrine, you've no reason, or incentive, to even attempt becoming perfect.
<quoted text>I, first, ask to be forgiven of them. Then, I try, even harder, to forsake them so as not to take for granted the gift of grace that's been freely given me.
<quoted text>John wrote, "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."
I don't strive for perfection in order to be saved. I refrain from sin in order to be saved. I strive for perfection, though, because it benefits all I encounter.
<quoted text>If you're always saved, especially after that first time of repentance, then why repent again and again and again, as if the first time wasn't enough? Doesn't such repetition prove a lack of faith, like vain, repetitious prayer?
<quoted text>You're all over the place.
One, I don't consider myself perfect, or even righteous. But, I do make the effort to become as such. Secondly, I don't point out anyone else's sins. Rather, I try to warn them of the consequences if we choose to walk a broad and wide path while claiming to be saved. As it's written, "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." You can ignore this all you want. That's on you. And who am I? A person that's studied "God's" word so that I know what He expects of us and what He doesn't. I know who "God" forgives because it's written who will be saved and who will not be. And as to punishment? The wages of sin is death.
You've got a lot to learn, Grace Walker. If only you would take off the indoctrination blinders that have been welded to your heart and mind.
Indoctrine blinders?? haha..I follow a doctrine that very few follow and understand. I dont follow your man made religion. I will NEVER go back to Judaism and the popular belief of Religion. God removed the blinders over a year ago. Its strange to you because you wont try and find out the truth. You try to understand the meaning of the bible in your flesh and not by the Holy Spirit. You studied Gods Word but Never take your family to church?? What about those verses that instruct that? Oh yeah, you only study what you want to believe. Dont give me anymore of your double talk.

You say that you studied the bible but you dont understand that YOU as a Believer have already been made Holy, Perfect and Righteous THROUGH Jesus Christ??? Well. you would if you haven't chosen to be under the Law instead of under Grace. I can show you scripture after scripture that tells us that we will stand Perfect before a Holy God..If you are afraid to know this because you may go out and sin then you may want to be born again. A believer in Jesus Christ should KNOW WHO he is IN Christ and obviuosly enough, YOU dont BELIEVE what Jesus has done for you at the CROSS. He didnt choose to die for you and then put you on probation just to see if you can get it right the second time..thats a very insane way to believe..but to each his own..enjoy struggling

Location hidden

#481849 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Brother Lee...every single author of the Bible repeats the same warning about why one must remain faithful and obedient. There is not a single verse that claims there are "true believers" and believers but rather it is shown repeatedly believers who dont endure to the end are not saved. Every author, every book, every teaching of Jesus Christ tells us the same thing. But I guess you lack faith in the sacrifice because you believe the Bible and believe Jesus Christ? Jesus said the Spirit would be sent to remind us of his teachings and his final command after rising from the dead was for all nations to be baptized and to make sure they obey all he has commanded. Yet despite all that someone will maintain one verse means something it doesnt and disregard the rest of the Bible and openly claim Christ's teachings dont apply to us yet say others dont trust in him?I know this wont go anywhere and its futile and a waste of time to even address it any more but it is just baffling to me.(T) PEACE
FAITH and OBEDIENCE to JESUS and HIS finished work NOT OURS. We walk by faith not by sight.

Location hidden

#481851 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I really dont get it. There are no verses that say future sins are forgiven. There are no verses that say believers will automatically remain faithful or obedient. There are no verses that even remotely suggest the teachings of Jesus Christ dont apply to us. The entire OSAS doctrine is based on one verse by Paul who says there is no condemnation for those IN CHRIST.which is explained in detail by Christ himself in John in which he says those who have been cleaned by the word must remain in him by being obedient or they are broken off and burned. Paul even warns if the natural branches can be broken off then all the more reason we need to obey. He says people remain saved IF they keep in memory what they have been taught. He warns of believing in vain, of receving grace in vain, in making sure we keep our election sure, and says only those who obey the law are righteous in God's eyes. For women he says their salvation is tied to child-rearing...cont
NO verses that says ALL our sins are forgiven?? I believe there is!!

Colossians 2:13-14 reads as follows, When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us ALL our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. That written code was the LAW..

Hebrews 10:12-14 states that Jesus offered Himself as a once for all time sacrifice for sin that has made us perfect forever.

But when this priest had offered for ALL time ONE sacrifice for SINS, HE sat down at the right hand of God. Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, because by ONE sacrifice he has made PERFECT FOREVER those who are being made HOLY.

Location hidden

#481853 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No.
<quoted text>
So is the third
<quoted text>
As a human being, I take exception to that opinion.
<quoted text>
Bigotry typically does.
<quoted text>
I'm aware. Did you have a point?
<quoted text>
Describing all humanity as failed is bigoted against humanity. What's the hard part there?
<quoted text>
I doubt any.
<quoted text>
Nope.
lil whispers wrote: "I fully realize mankind is a total failure."
I didnt see you deny every person exibits the characteristics she described. And you dont understand what bigotry is as it isnt bigotry to have an opinion based on actual actions displayed by all people. Bigotry is stereotyping one group negatively over another and normally a group someone is not part of. How can someone be bigoted against all humans that is human for forming an opinion on human characteristics.? You are just too prideful to admit you over-reached calling it bigotry

Location hidden

#481854 Jan 30, 2013
Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his SEAL of ownership on US, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, "guaranteeing what is to come".(2 Cor. 1:21-22).

I have decided to follow Jesus..Not MAN and their OPINIONS..This verse cannot even start to say anything against OSAS.

The Greek word translated ALL in this passage is pas. It means each, every, any, all, the whole, all things, everything. This would seem to support the claim that all sins past present and future were forgiven at the cross. It also supports Paulís statement that at the moment of belief the Holy Spirit was sealed within us as a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance . OSAS..ITS A GUARANTEE FROM GOD AND GOD CANNOT LIE..Your preacher can

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#481855 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You misread her post
How so?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#481856 Jan 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Awee yes you are the poster who posted the picture of the staving child.
Then the Lord said to him.Now then clean you Pharieses clean the outside of the cup and dish but inside you are full of greed and wickedness.You foolish people Did not the one who made the outside make the inside.But give the inside the dish to the poor and everything will be clean for you.
I tell you friend do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more.But I will show you whom you should fear.Fear him who after the killing of the body has power to throw you in hell.Yes I tell you fear him.Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies.Yet not one of this is forgotten by God.
Vengences is mine saith the Lord.
So...that starving child did something to piss off your god?

That was his vengeance?

Nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 778,191
gay scat or diaper snapchat users 12 min bob 4
Gay snapchat names 14 min bob 171
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rick in Kansas 265,444
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 560,441
real music !!!! 4 r-e-a-l !!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr lovewithin 39,386
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 3 hr Trannyfucker 136
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Lumajuice 441,821
More from around the web