“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#481821 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
The NEW Covenant was of Blood also. The Blood of Jesus Christ, Not Law.
Either, you didn't read my whole post, or you didn't understand it. Regardless, in my post, I had stated, "The covenant that 'God' made with Israel when he delivered them from Egypt was one of blood. Obviously, then, the new covenant would resemble the old, as the old was a shadow of the new. In this case, the covenant transferred from the blood of animals to the blood of our anointed Savior. There is no further mention of any other law other than that of sacrifice, then."

Pay attention, Grace Walker.
Grace Walker wrote:
Yes, He put those laws in out heart..its called a consciense. Even unbelievers KNOW the difference between good and evil morals.
So, we were given a conscience after our anointed Savior was crucified...

That's odd that you would say that, because it seems to me that Joshua was calling upon the conscience of Israel as they made their way into Canaan. He said, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Now, as I believe, this putting of the law and writing of it into our hearts began with the teachings of our anointed Savior. You see, he taught, "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." And another time, he taught, "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man." It seems to me that our anointed Savior was putting the law and writing in in our hearts, so that the works of the flesh could be removed from it. And that was before he was crucified!

[QUOTE who=Grace Walker"]I dont worry much about what some were exposed of BLL.[/QUOTE]And you can't, Grace Walker, as their very existence makes your beliefs questionable.
Grace Walker wrote:
Thats the problem with you Legalistic followers. You are so busy pointing out the faults of others that you over look your own shortcomings. I will add one more thing..Under Grace, We respect the Laws of God..We respect them so much that we KNOW that we can never obey them as perfectly as you seem to think you can. We dont purposly dis obey but we know the difference between trying and trusting. Leagalistic Preachers want to keep their flock on a behavior based fear of God. Grace teaches us that we are Gods Beloved children that can come to Him out of Love and Know that we are accepted by Him. You seem to believe that God doesn't want us..He just ALLOWS us to come to Him IF we are good little robots that are perfect. Heaven would be a lonely place if we had to get their by works of the Flesh..which IS obedience to the Laws that were given ONLY to show us we CANT do it and we need a Saviour. However, continue Striving to Obey..When you fall flat on your face enough times and realize that you can't, Jesus will be waiting for you with arms WIDE Open. He said to humble yourself. HUMBLE yourself and realize you are NEVER going to ask for forgiveness Enough, pray enough, work enough, be religious enough to do what Jesus has already done for you. IF you could POSSIBLY be good enough, Jesus would NOT have had to die for YOU. Why didn't YOU habg on the cross for us all? Since YOU seem to think that Your goodness and knowledge exceeds what Jesus did? Wake UP
The problem is that you've chosen the broad and wide path, and teach others to do the same. Your beliefs cause lukewarmness. Why make any effort toward becoming perfect, right?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481823 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
The NEW Covenant was of Blood also. The Blood of Jesus Christ, Not Law.
Either, you didn't read my whole post, or you didn't understand it. Regardless, in my post, I had stated, "The covenant that 'God' made with Israel when he delivered them from Egypt was one of blood. Obviously, then, the new covenant would resemble the old, as the old was a shadow of the new. In this case, the covenant transferred from the blood of animals to the blood of our anointed Savior. There is no further mention of any other law other than that of sacrifice, then."

Pay attention, Grace Walker.
Grace Walker wrote:
Yes, He put those laws in out heart..its called a consciense. Even unbelievers KNOW the difference between good and evil morals.
So, we were given a conscience after our anointed Savior was crucified...

That's odd that you would say that, because it seems to me that Joshua was calling upon the conscience of Israel as they made their way into Canaan. He said, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Now, as I believe, this putting of the law and writing of it into our hearts began with the teachings of our anointed Savior. You see, he taught, "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." And another time, he taught, "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man." It seems to me that our anointed Savior was putting the law and writing in in our hearts, so that the works of the flesh could be removed from it. And that was before he was crucified!
Grace Walker wrote:
I dont worry much about what some were exposed of BLL.
And you can't, Grace Walker, as their very existence makes your beliefs questionable.
Grace Walker wrote:
Thats the problem with you Legalistic followers. You are so busy pointing out the faults of others that you over look your own shortcomings. I will add one more thing..Under Grace, We respect the Laws of God..We respect them so much that we KNOW that we can never obey them as perfectly as you seem to think you can. We dont purposly dis obey but we know the difference between trying and trusting. Leagalistic Preachers want to keep their flock on a behavior based fear of God. Grace teaches us that we are Gods Beloved children that can come to Him out of Love and Know that we are accepted by Him. You seem to believe that God doesn't want us..He just ALLOWS us to come to Him IF we are good little robots that are perfect. Heaven would be a lonely place if we had to get their by works of the Flesh..which IS obedience to the Laws that were given ONLY to show us we CANT do it and we need a Saviour. However, continue Striving to Obey..When you fall flat on your face enough times and realize that you can't, Jesus will be waiting for you with arms WIDE Open. He said to humble yourself. HUMBLE yourself and realize you are NEVER going to ask for forgiveness Enough, pray enough, work enough, be religious enough to do what Jesus has already done for you. IF you could POSSIBLY be good enough, Jesus would NOT have had to die for YOU. Why didn't YOU habg on the cross for us all? Since YOU seem to think that Your goodness and knowledge exceeds what Jesus did? Wake UP
The problem is that you've chosen the broad and wide path, and teach others to do the same. Your beliefs cause lukewarmness. Why make any effort toward becoming perfect, right?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#481824 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You for got something: The Garden of Eden is in Missouri, no?
.. no. That's my bedroom ..

With Established Harem

#481825 Jan 30, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Surrender to what? One's inhibitions? To what is forbiddend when one's conscience initially tells them that what they are doing is wrong and once they do it repeatedly they start to think that it's right, and unrepentant?
Or would you surrender to the Jesus and apply the scriptures to your life? I don't think that there was a breakdown in communications. We just have different perspectives of surrender as I stated initially. Respectfully, Quin.
.. surrender to what is ..

With Established Harem

#481826 Jan 30, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so then you would agree then that sex with animals is abnormal sexual activity and disgusting. Right?
.. don't even try to go there ..

.. there's no correlation ..

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481827 Jan 30, 2013
W
h
o

h
i
t

t
h
e

b
r
a
k
e
s
?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#481828 Jan 30, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
What’s interesting?
Hello Counnter_Strike, long time no type.
I hope all is well in your slice of the world.
Not to shabby thanks. How have you been keeping? Haven't read you in a while.

Andrew (CS).

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#481829 Jan 30, 2013
Do not love the world or anything in the world.If anyone loves the world the love of the Father is not in him.For everything in the world the cravings of sinful man,the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does comes not from the Father but from the world.The world and its desires pass away but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481830 Jan 30, 2013
WHERE AM I WRONG, Grace Walker?

Romans 11:20-22
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Grace Walker 11:20-22
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear nothing, nonetheless:
For if God spared not the natural branches, that is on them. He will spare thee, regardless.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, regardless of whether or not you continue in his goodness: thou shalt never be cut off.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#481831 Jan 30, 2013
And now continue in him.so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming.

If you know that he is righteous and know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called his children of God.And that is what we are.The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

Now we are children of God and what we will be has not yet been made known But we know that when he appears we shall be like him for we shall see him as he is.Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself just as he is pure.

Everyone who sins breaks the law in fact sin is lawlessness.But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins.And in him is no sin.No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

Do not let anyone lead you astray.He who does what is righteous just as he is righteous.He who does what is sinful is of the devil because the devil has been sinning from the beginning .The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devils's work.No one who is born of God will continue to sin because God's seed remains in him He cannot go on sinning because he has been born of God.This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are any one who does not do what is right is not a child of God nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#481832 Jan 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And that's the problem.
There are many that believe in this "once saved, always saved" doctrine, especially here in Topix, that ask; "Who, who's been saved, would want to return to repetitious, willful, unrepented sin?" But, in my humble opinion, such a question proves a lack of understanding concerning the human condition. First, they ask as if such a thing is not improbable, but impossible! Then, there are many that, rather than accept that such a falling away is most possible, that those that fall away must not have been truly saved to begin with. It's ludicrous, if you ask me. I mean, I'm sure that many of the Roman Catholic priests that got exposed for molesting their underage adherents didn't take their initial vow of celibacy with pedophilia on their minds. I'm sure that many of them took their vows with as much sincerity as any other person that comes to agree and become subjective with any one of the myriad of "Christian" denominations. And what about all those that become exposed as blatant sinners in the media, that were believed to be "born again," and "saved," and to be blessed with the Holy Spirit? Did these all accept their leadership positions all the while intending on committing adultery later on in the future? Some of these "spiritual rocks" were caught in adulterous relationships, "relationships" being the keyword! Ask one of these "once saved, always saved" believers, though, if those sinful "spiritual rocks" will still be saved if they don't repent of their sins?
It's disgusting.
Again BLL..YOU dont believe in OSAS but you STILL sin. We who believe in OSAS still sin. So WHAT do you do about YOUR sins? In Gods eyes, your pride in your own self effort is equally as bad as
pedophilia, a liar and adultry..ITS DISGUSTING In GODS EYES!!!! We NEVER said they didnt HAVE to repent. Stop adding your own words Mr Pharisee. Do you know WHAT a Pharisee was? A Religious Leader who pointed their crooked little fingers at Sinners..Yep, Fits you to a T ...Jesus rebuked these Pharisee's time after time but they were such "Great keepers of the Law", they thought THEY were above all those disgusting outcast sinners who were not as Obedient to the Law of Moses. Jesus even called them Hypocrites. He NEVER Called the sinners a hypocrite. Those "Sinners" are the VERY ONES Jesus came to die for. WHO are YOU BLL, to decide WHO God forgives? If Jesus died for their SINS, and they accepted His free gift of Salvation, YOUR opinion is NOT going to send them to hell. WILL they be punished? YES!!! God decides the punishment though, NOT YOU or anybody else. STOP Playing GOD..ITS Disgusting

Location hidden

#481833 Jan 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
WHERE AM I WRONG, Grace Walker?
Romans 11:20-22
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Grace Walker 11:20-22
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear nothing, nonetheless:
For if God spared not the natural branches, that is on them. He will spare thee, regardless.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, regardless of whether or not you continue in his goodness: thou shalt never be cut off.
I am going to be blunt here and just say it!!!!! Its YOUR UNBELIEF in what Jesus Christ done for you that will cause you to be cut Off. NOT from Salvation but from Living a victorious Christian Life. YOU ARE BEING "HIGHMINDED".You trust more in your works of the flesh which is Obedience to ANYTHING except your obedience of FAITH IN WHAT JESUS ACCOMPLISHED AT THE CROSS!! No wonder you quit going and taking your family to church. If they taught you the crap you post on here then I would quit going too. How are you going to learn if you read the Bible like a book? Anyone can read those rules and try to apply it to their life but they will NEVER be able to follow them good enough to get into heaven. Gos gives us a choice..Law or Grace? Only in the regime of Christ and the Spirit do grace, life, and righteousness reign..

Location hidden

#481834 Jan 30, 2013
Now we are children of God and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears we shall be like him for we shall see him as he is.EVERYONE who has this HOPE in HIM PURIFIES himself just as JESUS is pure. Have you pufied yoursef b believing and having hope in Him?? No where does it say thateeryone who does this or dont do that will be purified..It says EVERYONE WHO HAS THIS HOPE..PERIOD

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#481835 Jan 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
A good measure pressed down,shaken together and running over will be poured into your lap.
That's rockin' good news. To show my gratitude, I have one for you:

"Friends make wonderful company after hours, but you will also be socializing at work, or just pouring oil on troubled waters. This isn't a day to attempt anything too serious or too routine. Charm the boss into letting you do less. You are intrigued by ideas that are different; companions respect your questing mind. Such ideas are not always popular, but they certainly stimulate discussion."

Location hidden

#481836 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, OK, thanks.
I don't believe in gods or in salvation.
But if I did, OSAS seems to be a very poor idea.
Overconfidence could lead to bad behavior, given the Christian view that people are bad by nature, wouldn't you say?
Hi Catcher,
Actually it does just the opposite. I use to rant and rave about all those laws and how sin separates us from God and then I learned the gospel. I use to sound just like some of these legalistic Judaizers on here. Always telling people they would burn in hell if they sinned and they had to beg God for forgivness and had to do this and had to do that and they had to strive to be perfect..yada, blah, blah and blah..Nothing can be further from Salvation than that exact mindframe..Of course we have to repent and accept and believe in Jesus Christ but once you become His, you are bought and paid for. We will still be corrected when we mess up, just like we correct our own children and God may even let you run away from Him, But He will bring you back to Himself. Believing in Jesus is simple..Believing WHAT HE finished at the CROSS is what and where Grace and Law differ. Most of these christians have only lived ONE Relogious belief their whole life..they believe whatever their preacher has pounded in their heads for years and wont accept that God actually WANTS A FATHER/CHILD RELATIONSHIP.. Not just behavior modification..That comes from The Holy Spirit.

Fennario

#481837 Jan 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye.
He who hesitates is lost. A stitch in time saves nine.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481838 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Again BLL..YOU dont believe in OSAS but you STILL sin.
Now. But, I try, from moment to moment, to become perfect and holy, just as we were instructed. I don't diminish the value of such profitable instruction by considering them mere suggestions, or by ignoring them altogether. And how do I try to become perfect? First, I learned the law. Then, I learned the spiritual application of the law, as taught by my Savior, my King, and my Lord. And now, I try, to the best of my ability, not only to apply what I've learned, but to continue in them, just as we were commanded.
Grace Walker wrote:
We who believe in OSAS still sin.
I know. And according to this doctrine, you've no reason, or incentive, to even attempt becoming perfect.
Grace Walker wrote:
So WHAT do you do about YOUR sins?
I, first, ask to be forgiven of them. Then, I try, even harder, to forsake them so as not to take for granted the gift of grace that's been freely given me.
Grace Walker wrote:
In Gods eyes, your pride in your own self effort is equally as bad as pedophilia, a liar and adultry..ITS DISGUSTING In GODS EYES!!!!
John wrote, "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."

I don't strive for perfection in order to be saved. I refrain from sin in order to be saved. I strive for perfection, though, because it benefits all I encounter.
Grace Walker wrote:
We NEVER said they didnt HAVE to repent.
If you're always saved, especially after that first time of repentance, then why repent again and again and again, as if the first time wasn't enough? Doesn't such repetition prove a lack of faith, like vain, repetitious prayer?
Grace Walker wrote:
Stop adding your own words Mr Pharisee. Do you know WHAT a Pharisee was? A Religious Leader who pointed their crooked little fingers at Sinners..Yep, Fits you to a T ...Jesus rebuked these Pharisee's time after time but they were such "Great keepers of the Law", they thought THEY were above all those disgusting outcast sinners who were not as Obedient to the Law of Moses. Jesus even called them Hypocrites. He NEVER Called the sinners a hypocrite. Those "Sinners" are the VERY ONES Jesus came to die for. WHO are YOU BLL, to decide WHO God forgives? If Jesus died for their SINS, and they accepted His free gift of Salvation, YOUR opinion is NOT going to send them to hell. WILL they be punished? YES!!! God decides the punishment though, NOT YOU or anybody else. STOP Playing GOD..ITS Disgusting
You're all over the place.

One, I don't consider myself perfect, or even righteous. But, I do make the effort to become as such. Secondly, I don't point out anyone else's sins. Rather, I try to warn them of the consequences if we choose to walk a broad and wide path while claiming to be saved. As it's written, "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." You can ignore this all you want. That's on you. And who am I? A person that's studied "God's" word so that I know what He expects of us and what He doesn't. I know who "God" forgives because it's written who will be saved and who will not be. And as to punishment? The wages of sin is death.

You've got a lot to learn, Grace Walker. If only you would take off the indoctrination blinders that have been welded to your heart and mind.

Fennario

#481839 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Do you think someone's faith is literally a mustard seed? Stands to reason if it started off as allegory it would continue as one
That's not an allegory.
Skombolis wrote:
It is literally called The Parable of the Mustard Seed. Jesus taught 40 parables. Something to keep in mind when reading his words. He often asks us to understand the underlying message in a story.
If he wants his words understood, maybe he shouldn't use parables. They are a terrible way to communicate. Has one even been written since Aesop and Jesus? I haven't used even one in over 47,000 posts.

Let's try one for the fun of it:

A man once bought a fur coat and gave it to a duck walking across the street with a mustard seed of concern. The duck was hit by a tractor trailer.

And that is why your religion is wrong. Get it?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#481840 Jan 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Counter_Strike takes exception to our amicable interactions ..
Indeed.

Fennario

#481841 Jan 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
But the one who hears my words and does not put them in practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without foundation
True, but he who laughs last laughs best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min curiouslu 739,175
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Porkpie Hat 259,386
Sept 17, 2014 Watch this trailer: evolutionvsGod 12 min Me again 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min EdmondWA 95,474
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min CunningLinguist 227,462
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min NEWS-FLASH 173,669
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Robert F 542,308
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••