Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#481851 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I really dont get it. There are no verses that say future sins are forgiven. There are no verses that say believers will automatically remain faithful or obedient. There are no verses that even remotely suggest the teachings of Jesus Christ dont apply to us. The entire OSAS doctrine is based on one verse by Paul who says there is no condemnation for those IN CHRIST.which is explained in detail by Christ himself in John in which he says those who have been cleaned by the word must remain in him by being obedient or they are broken off and burned. Paul even warns if the natural branches can be broken off then all the more reason we need to obey. He says people remain saved IF they keep in memory what they have been taught. He warns of believing in vain, of receving grace in vain, in making sure we keep our election sure, and says only those who obey the law are righteous in God's eyes. For women he says their salvation is tied to child-rearing...cont
NO verses that says ALL our sins are forgiven?? I believe there is!!

Colossians 2:13-14 reads as follows, When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us ALL our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. That written code was the LAW..

Hebrews 10:12-14 states that Jesus offered Himself as a once for all time sacrifice for sin that has made us perfect forever.

But when this priest had offered for ALL time ONE sacrifice for SINS, HE sat down at the right hand of God. Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, because by ONE sacrifice he has made PERFECT FOREVER those who are being made HOLY.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#481853 Jan 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No.
<quoted text>
So is the third
<quoted text>
As a human being, I take exception to that opinion.
<quoted text>
Bigotry typically does.
<quoted text>
I'm aware. Did you have a point?
<quoted text>
Describing all humanity as failed is bigoted against humanity. What's the hard part there?
<quoted text>
I doubt any.
<quoted text>
Nope.
lil whispers wrote: "I fully realize mankind is a total failure."
I didnt see you deny every person exibits the characteristics she described. And you dont understand what bigotry is as it isnt bigotry to have an opinion based on actual actions displayed by all people. Bigotry is stereotyping one group negatively over another and normally a group someone is not part of. How can someone be bigoted against all humans that is human for forming an opinion on human characteristics.? You are just too prideful to admit you over-reached calling it bigotry

Location hidden

#481854 Jan 30, 2013
Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his SEAL of ownership on US, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, "guaranteeing what is to come".(2 Cor. 1:21-22).

I have decided to follow Jesus..Not MAN and their OPINIONS..This verse cannot even start to say anything against OSAS.

The Greek word translated ALL in this passage is pas. It means each, every, any, all, the whole, all things, everything. This would seem to support the claim that all sins past present and future were forgiven at the cross. It also supports Paul’s statement that at the moment of belief the Holy Spirit was sealed within us as a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance . OSAS..ITS A GUARANTEE FROM GOD AND GOD CANNOT LIE..Your preacher can

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#481855 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You misread her post
How so?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#481856 Jan 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Awee yes you are the poster who posted the picture of the staving child.
Then the Lord said to him.Now then clean you Pharieses clean the outside of the cup and dish but inside you are full of greed and wickedness.You foolish people Did not the one who made the outside make the inside.But give the inside the dish to the poor and everything will be clean for you.
I tell you friend do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more.But I will show you whom you should fear.Fear him who after the killing of the body has power to throw you in hell.Yes I tell you fear him.Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies.Yet not one of this is forgotten by God.
Vengences is mine saith the Lord.
So...that starving child did something to piss off your god?

That was his vengeance?

Nice.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#481857 Jan 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
I was in Maintenance..........
Then how were you able to judge the motives of the physicians?
i had empathy at least and did my duties.
Why did you imply that I didn't?
I remember being on call one weekend. I was called in to drive to a distant hospital to get some blood of a blood type we didnt have on hand. The nurse who gave me the instructions was in tears when I got there. I didnt know why and didnt ask. I found out later in the week, she had called the doctor who was on call that weekend. He happened to be on the golf course when he got the call and was furious. he came in and reminded her he was never to be called when he was on the course and tore her a new you know what. I found out later also that he was notorious on his weekends to intimidate these nurses into not calling him. I could give other examples.
We had a guy in maintenance who was arrested for dealing drugs in the hospital. That's called an anecdote.
In the 5 years I worked there I met about 7 Doctors, of which I knew one of them to actually show he cared about his patients health and well being.
How would someone in maintenance be able to judge that?
That doctor himself was so dissatisfied with how things were run and, rumorhad it, his fellow doctors, that he started his own practice.
Is that a sign of a caring doctor?

What do you know about my practice and career to make judgments about it?
I guess what would make me different then the physicians was the fact that i gave a shit about my job, as insignificant as compared to a doctors job as it was. I played a small part in the patients and staffs comfort but I took it seriously.
Why do you assume that the physicians didn't 'give a shit'? Because you think that one didn't that one time?

And why are we to accept your claims about yourself?

Location hidden

#481858 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
FAITH and OBEDIENCE to JESUS and HIS finished work NOT OURS. We walk by faith not by sight.
You cant just change the definition of obedience to claim it is also faith. And Jesus tells you specifically in Matthew 25 and in the parable of the Good Samaritan how he defines loving your neighbor and makes it clear one must do this to remain in Him and receive eternal life. Where in the Bible does it say our actions dont affect whether He will save us?But it says the opposite dozens of times including the examples I gave, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, all who come to me will be saved, he will have mercy on those who repent, etc. Yes we are to remain faithful and obedient to Christ. If we dont he tells us what happens. How is not believing his teachings apply to us obeying him? Other than no condemnation for those IN CHRIST what verses do u base OSAS on?

Location hidden

#481859 Jan 30, 2013
And the verse about Jesus freeing us specifically says prior he only considers those his diciples who adhere to his teachings. And it is the Jews who were predestined and Paul even warns one must keep their election sure by doing certain things and says even the natural branches can be cut off. But I would appreciate if people allow Grace to answer as I want to know how she personally came to this belief. Thank you

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#481860 Jan 30, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
How so?
How so to you too.

I didn't know you spoke Chinese, Aero.

Fennario

#481861 Jan 30, 2013
Now you're calling the lawyers 98% dishonest? "Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"
LOL..........
Hey, I can only go by my lifes experience. I was in a car accident awhile ago. I thought I better get a lawyer. My lawyer told me it was a standard case and it would cost $1500. It ended up at $3000 and I got the maximum sentence allowed. As I sat and listened to him plead my case to the judge, just before sentencing, I couldn't help but wonder how this guy graduated High School let alone a bar exam.
Another anecdote to support your claim that 49 out of 50 lawyers are dishonest?
I've met 1 lawyer in my life worth his salt, and he mainly did real estate transactions. Pretty straightforward stuff. Again just my experience.
That's really not good enough to make the generalizations you have made. Nor do you seem qualified to judge the qualifications or motives of attorneys and physicians.

Fennario

#481862 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, no OSAS!
Hey, what's OSAS?
Once saved, always saved.

Location hidden

#481863 Jan 30, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
She didnt say any atheists were saved thru the faith of another. His parents were/are believers and so is she

Fennario

#481864 Jan 30, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
how many time you polak idiota
will be rebuke and throw back to Poland
go back to polska you stupid
ty huju,ty dobrze wiesz co ja wiem
wracaj do polski ty polowa hujowa glowo
Chill, Balki.

Location hidden

#481865 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
NO verses that says ALL our sins are forgiven?? I believe there is!!
Colossians 2:13-14 reads as follows, When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us ALL our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. That written code was the LAW..
Hebrews 10:12-14 states that Jesus offered Himself as a once for all time sacrifice for sin that has made us perfect forever.
But when this priest had offered for ALL time ONE sacrifice for SINS, HE sat down at the right hand of God. Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, because by ONE sacrifice he has made PERFECT FOREVER those who are being made HOLY.
I meant to sat FUTURE sins. I would have thought that obvious by context and past discussions but my mistake regardless

San Francisco, CA

#481866 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Once saved, always saved.
Yes, several Christians just gave me an education on the subject.

They don't seem to agree on OSAS or no OSAS. I see it as a very poor policy, given the Christian belief that humans are by nature bad and require the fear of eternal damnation to abstain from sin.

Perhaps the pedophile priests rely on the doctrine to maintain their behavior, and their superiors for their cover-ups.

San Francisco, CA

#481867 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I meant to sat FUTURE sins. I would have thought that obvious by context and past discussions but my mistake regardless
One more strike and you're out.

Fennario

#481868 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Are you saying the parables of Christ are difficult to understand
No. I'm saying that they are an unclear way to write. Expository discourse is best when you must be understood exactly. Nothing important is written in parables.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#481869 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
I am going to be blunt here and just say it!!!!! Its YOUR UNBELIEF in what Jesus Christ done for you that will cause you to be cut Off. NOT from Salvation but from Living a victorious Christian Life.
Nonsense, Grace Walker.

My Savior, King, and Lord, made a new means for entering into a covenant with Father, through his own obedience and death. I believe this, wholly. He gave us an improved method for forgiveness and reconciliation with Father through his own blood, which lasts forever. I believe this, wholly, too. He promised us a far better rest than all the precepts and ordinances pertaining to the Sabbaths, combined. And I have no reason to doubt this, either, even a little bit. And finally, his death redeemed us from the penalty of death prescribed in the law given to Moses. And in this, I truly believe him, without a doubt. So, what's the problem?
Grace Walker wrote:
YOU ARE BEING "HIGHMINDED".
I'm being highminded? You're the one that believes that the branches were broken off, but that you can never be broken off, regardless of your thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech. Well, you don't believe, either, because you know not the first thing regarding the law, prophecies, and psalms, that reveal what it was that was actually fulfilled on the cross! Like it's been declared many times already, Paul is your savior. Not the only-begotten Son of the most High "God"!
Grace Walker wrote:
You trust more in your works of the flesh which is Obedience to ANYTHING except your obedience of FAITH IN WHAT JESUS ACCOMPLISHED AT THE CROSS!!
You should learn what was accomplished on the cross before making such accusations, Grace Walker. The law, prophecies, and psalms, reveal all that was revealed on the cross and what was not.
Grace Walker wrote:
No wonder you quit going and taking your family to church.
I quit going because I got tired of being surrounded by hypocrites that don't know the first thing as to what the bible actually teaches us. Unlike them, I refused to be indoctrinated.
Grace Walker wrote:
If they taught you the crap you post on here then I would quit going too.
Of course, you would. Because, you're lazy. Your beliefs require nothing more than words.
Grace Walker wrote:
How are you going to learn if you read the Bible like a book?
You're kidding right now, right?

I've been studying the bible for so long, I pretty much know most of it by heart. Then, I've studied the Hebrew and Greek scriptures, too. I've had boxes filled with notebooks. I've studied the bible as a whole, from book to book, from chapter to chapter, from verse to verse, and from word to word. From precept upon precept and line upon line. Here a little and there a little.
Grace Walker wrote:
Anyone can read those rules and try to apply it to their life but they will NEVER be able to follow them good enough to get into heaven.
That's not the purpose of the law, anyway. But, yes. My Savior, King, and Lord, proved that the law can be kept perfectly.
Grace Walker wrote:
God gives us a choice..Law or Grace? Only in the regime of Christ and the Spirit do grace, life, and righteousness reign..
I wish you knew what Paul was talking about. But, you don't want to know, either. Your religion is made for lazy people that don't want to make any effort toward becoming a better person. Instead, you'd rather keep making excuses. I hope that works our for you, Grace Walker.

Location hidden

#481870 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And the verse about Jesus freeing us specifically says prior he only considers those his diciples who adhere to his teachings. And it is the Jews who were predestined and Paul even warns one must keep their election sure by doing certain things and says even the natural branches can be cut off. But I would appreciate if people allow Grace to answer as I want to know how she personally came to this belief. Thank you
I dont disagree with you on this Skom. I do follow His teachings but not for Salvation. That was done BY Jesus. In reality Skom, We both believe in the same thing but differ on the HOW..Jesus' disciples walked with him daily and was taught directly from Jesus and they couldn't understand ALL of his teachings. How are we suppose to obey them ALL when we were not taught them ALL? Obedience to Faith, according to the gospel of Grace is too believe IN WHAT Jesus accomplished FOR US. I dont want to argue with you Skom. I have always liked you and I dont think you know how sincere that I am trying to be. Have you ever heard of Justification by faith? A lot of people (including myself) have never been told that we are justified, redeemed and sanctified. We both have been to prison in our past. If you were to get a pardon from the government, what would they do to your record? They would erase it or cover it up..right? God has Pardoned our sins because of WHAT Jesus did at the cross. Jesus paid the sin debt for us because we couldn't. Doesn't that mean anything? WHY dont this get taught more? Please just read up on this part and you may understand it or at the very least, you still disagree but you can at least know that I am not making this up. Its in the New Testament but I can leave you a link to read anyway.

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written,“Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—

The Law is a curse? But WHY??

Location hidden

#481871 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more strike and you're out.
Well by this post I can see you can count to at least 3 and that you can use a baseball anaology. However I am a bit unclear on how you are applying it. Out in what way? And who enforces this? I wanna make sure I know the rules as you have informed me in the past you are watching me and now you have me scared to post! I wont lose my Topix access will I?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min waaasssuuup 4,590
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 839,809
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 9 min Johnny 3,067
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Porkpie Hat 271,398
Would a Somali girl marry a non-Somali man in L... (Dec '13) 21 min LMH1983 47
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 39 min zighoda 66
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min waaasssuuup 590,666
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr gundee123 100,072
More from around the web