Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#481809 Jan 30, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so then you would agree then that sex with animals is abnormal sexual activity and disgusting. Right?
Yes, I would. Bestiality of any sort is abnormal.

But sex with a chicken seems to me to be in a whole different league from sex with, say, a cute cuddly sheep.

Maybe it's time to drop this subject?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#481810 Jan 30, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No...I didn't feel a tremor yesterday....This area has had earthquakes there was a major one that hit here in the Charleston area....
So it COULD happen....Take it easy Qui
we had a little small one last year sometime...(more like a tremor)
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#481811 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, OK, thanks.
I don't believe in gods or in salvation.
But if I did, OSAS seems to be a very poor idea.
Overconfidence could lead to bad behavior, given the Christian view that people are bad by nature, wouldn't you say?
like usual stupid posts of uneducated bum from foodstamps aplication

EARLIER NOT KNOW WHAT OSAS IS,
now post stupid claim against Quin

only fart at your nonsense posts! you imginary doctor seating like parasite all days long on this topic

“Saved. ”

#481812 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, OK, thanks.
I don't believe in gods or in salvation.
But if I did, OSAS seems to be a very poor idea.
Overconfidence could lead to bad behavior, given the Christian view that people are bad by nature, wouldn't you say?
...yes to a degree. There's a difference between sinning wilfully (unrepentant) and not making sin a habit (repentant)... I'm really referring to Christians here when I say that.

Christians are no different from unbelievers 'cept we trust Christ to save us by trusting in Him and doing God's will.

“Saved. ”

#481813 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I would. Bestiality of any sort is abnormal.
But sex with a chicken seems to me to be in a whole different league from sex with, say, a cute cuddly sheep.
Maybe it's time to drop this subject?
I have no probs with that... just replying to HL's post.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#481814 Jan 30, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, the "holy spirit" is just a phantom!
how many time you polak idiota
will be rebuke and throw back to Poland

go back to polska you stupid
ty huju,ty dobrze wiesz co ja wiem
wracaj do polski ty polowa hujowa glowo

“Saved. ”

#481815 Jan 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>this should be obvious, but it not. In buddhism when focus on eightfold paths like right understanding and right intention right speech and so forth, you can easily get influenced by the meditation aspect of buddhism. Because the path of nirvana does bring a clear mind with a clear conscience and so forth.
But is a false equivalent. Is not until I really look at this universe and say to myself, something missing from buddhism. Because buddhism is like atheism, there is no sovereign God. There is no intelligent being. So I had to ask myself some deep questions. Buddhism was doing good for my inner being. But the common sense part of me was saying something big missing. this no all happen by accident.
So you can't appeal to the common sense in the atheist. Because what the atheist believe more time is giving the atheist satisfaction with how they living. The atheist will remain an atheist until they willing to actually open they mind to the possibility that there is a maker of this universe.
But if they no want to do that, just like buddhism find solace in nirvana and enlightenment, atheist will find solace in the scientific theories, even though the scientific theories no prove anything, because they comfortable with what those theories do for them.
Amen....

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#481816 Jan 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you?
It's written, "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."
Point 1: The covenant that "God" made with Israel when he delivered them from Egypt was one of blood. Obviously, then, the new covenant would resemble the old, as the old was a shadow of the new. In this case, the covenant transferred from the blood of animals to the blood of our anointed Savior. There is no further mention of any other law other than that of sacrifice, then.
Point 2: The new covenant consists of the law of "God" in our inward parts and written in our hearts. First, what law would "God" be referring to if not the same that was given to Moses? And secondly, how do we interpret "I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts" as "I will do away with my law"?
<quoted text>I believe I do. Refer to my above response, please and if you will.
<quoted text>Speak for yourself, Grace Walker. The media has gladly exposed many so-called "believers" that claimed to be "born again," "saved," and had the Holy Spirit. And many of, if not all, these so-called "believers" were leaders of their own congregations. It's a shame none of them repented and confessed their sins prior to their being publicly exposed and humiliated, huh?
<quoted text>Perhaps, you should take a look-see at 1Corinthians 7, then.
The NEW Covenant was of Blood also. The Blood of Jesus Christ, Not Law. Yes, He put those laws in out heart..its called a consciense. Even unbelievers KNOW the difference between good and evil morals. I dont worry much about what some were exposed of BLL. Thats the problem with you Legalistic followers. You are so busy pointing out the faults of others that you over look your own shortcomings. I will add one more thing..Under Grace, We respect the Laws of God..We respect them so much that we KNOW that we can never obey them as perfectly as you seem to think you can. We dont purposly dis obey but we know the difference between trying and trusting. Leagalistic Preachers want to keep their flock on a behavior based fear of God. Grace teaches us that we are Gods Beloved children that can come to Him out of Love and Know that we are accepted by Him. You seem to believe that God doesn't want us..He just ALLOWS us to come to Him IF we are good little robots that are perfect. Heaven would be a lonely place if we had to get their by works of the Flesh..which IS obedience to the Laws that were given ONLY to show us we CANT do it and we need a Saviour. However, continue Striving to Obey..When you fall flat on your face enough times and realize that you can't, Jesus will be waiting for you with arms WIDE Open. He said to humble yourself. HUMBLE yourself and realize you are NEVER going to ask for forgiveness Enough, pray enough, work enough, be religious enough to do what Jesus has already done for you. IF you could POSSIBLY be good enough, Jesus would NOT have had to die for YOU. Why didn't YOU habg on the cross for us all? Since YOU seem to think that Your goodness and knowledge exceeds what Jesus did? Wake UP

“Saved. ”

#481817 Jan 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there is no right or wrong, only judgments that separate ..
I would respectfully have to disagree with you in this HL... there is right and yes, there is wrong. 2 + 2 = 4 is right and 2 + 2 = 5 is wrong.

Now I do understand that it could get more complicated if one wants it to be.. and I understand the different cultural aspect of those could change from place to place.

“Saved. ”

#481818 Jan 30, 2013
Welp... gotsta go folks. Have a good one.

:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#481819 Jan 30, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I remember reading when James and John were arguiing with the other disciples... Jesus let it go on... later, Jesus asked what they were arguing about.
Paul and Barnabas were both Apostles but they had a fierce argument concerning an individual. Deacons were formed in the early church as a result of a disagreement... John and Paul wrote their letters in such a way because of disagreement with the Judaizers and Gnostics... In Galatians, Paul had to convince the leaders of the church of Jerusalem about his ministry to the Gentiles... on and on and on through the sands of time until...
Arguing, debating, sibling rivalry, squabbles... whether one is saved or not is going to happen. It's simply a fact of life.
It would be nice if everyone could completely believe the same thing but that isn't going to happen just yet. But some of us agree on what's most important... that only Jesus saves.
What I find ironic is normally the person mocking people for arguing over scripture that they have a vested in is normally an unbeliever who has spent just as much time arguing with believers over scripture they don't even believe in a religion they already left

The condescension seems to grow proportionally with the years after the departure as it is the easiest way to convince one's self they made the right choice. Of course if they considered how they used to be one of the people for most their lives that they now mock and call stupid among other things one might wonder just how hard they are trying to convince themselves

You know how I know when someone has left something hand has no regrets? When they leave it in the rear-view mirror. How many times has someone bent your ear off telling you about an ex boyfriend or girlfriend they claim they are over? Yet people spend hours a day who left Christianity, talking about Christianity to Christians and I gotta wonder is all I am saying

(T) Peace

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#481820 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
OSAS seems to be a very poor idea.
And that's the problem.

There are many that believe in this "once saved, always saved" doctrine, especially here in Topix, that ask; "Who, who's been saved, would want to return to repetitious, willful, unrepented sin?" But, in my humble opinion, such a question proves a lack of understanding concerning the human condition. First, they ask as if such a thing is not improbable, but impossible! Then, there are many that, rather than accept that such a falling away is most possible, that those that fall away must not have been truly saved to begin with. It's ludicrous, if you ask me. I mean, I'm sure that many of the Roman Catholic priests that got exposed for molesting their underage adherents didn't take their initial vow of celibacy with pedophilia on their minds. I'm sure that many of them took their vows with as much sincerity as any other person that comes to agree and become subjective with any one of the myriad of "Christian" denominations. And what about all those that become exposed as blatant sinners in the media, that were believed to be "born again," and "saved," and to be blessed with the Holy Spirit? Did these all accept their leadership positions all the while intending on committing adultery later on in the future? Some of these "spiritual rocks" were caught in adulterous relationships, "relationships" being the keyword! Ask one of these "once saved, always saved" believers, though, if those sinful "spiritual rocks" will still be saved if they don't repent of their sins?

It's disgusting.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481821 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
The NEW Covenant was of Blood also. The Blood of Jesus Christ, Not Law.
Either, you didn't read my whole post, or you didn't understand it. Regardless, in my post, I had stated, "The covenant that 'God' made with Israel when he delivered them from Egypt was one of blood. Obviously, then, the new covenant would resemble the old, as the old was a shadow of the new. In this case, the covenant transferred from the blood of animals to the blood of our anointed Savior. There is no further mention of any other law other than that of sacrifice, then."

Pay attention, Grace Walker.
Grace Walker wrote:
Yes, He put those laws in out heart..its called a consciense. Even unbelievers KNOW the difference between good and evil morals.
So, we were given a conscience after our anointed Savior was crucified...

That's odd that you would say that, because it seems to me that Joshua was calling upon the conscience of Israel as they made their way into Canaan. He said, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Now, as I believe, this putting of the law and writing of it into our hearts began with the teachings of our anointed Savior. You see, he taught, "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." And another time, he taught, "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man." It seems to me that our anointed Savior was putting the law and writing in in our hearts, so that the works of the flesh could be removed from it. And that was before he was crucified!

[QUOTE who=Grace Walker"]I dont worry much about what some were exposed of BLL.[/QUOTE]And you can't, Grace Walker, as their very existence makes your beliefs questionable.
Grace Walker wrote:
Thats the problem with you Legalistic followers. You are so busy pointing out the faults of others that you over look your own shortcomings. I will add one more thing..Under Grace, We respect the Laws of God..We respect them so much that we KNOW that we can never obey them as perfectly as you seem to think you can. We dont purposly dis obey but we know the difference between trying and trusting. Leagalistic Preachers want to keep their flock on a behavior based fear of God. Grace teaches us that we are Gods Beloved children that can come to Him out of Love and Know that we are accepted by Him. You seem to believe that God doesn't want us..He just ALLOWS us to come to Him IF we are good little robots that are perfect. Heaven would be a lonely place if we had to get their by works of the Flesh..which IS obedience to the Laws that were given ONLY to show us we CANT do it and we need a Saviour. However, continue Striving to Obey..When you fall flat on your face enough times and realize that you can't, Jesus will be waiting for you with arms WIDE Open. He said to humble yourself. HUMBLE yourself and realize you are NEVER going to ask for forgiveness Enough, pray enough, work enough, be religious enough to do what Jesus has already done for you. IF you could POSSIBLY be good enough, Jesus would NOT have had to die for YOU. Why didn't YOU habg on the cross for us all? Since YOU seem to think that Your goodness and knowledge exceeds what Jesus did? Wake UP
The problem is that you've chosen the broad and wide path, and teach others to do the same. Your beliefs cause lukewarmness. Why make any effort toward becoming perfect, right?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481823 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
The NEW Covenant was of Blood also. The Blood of Jesus Christ, Not Law.
Either, you didn't read my whole post, or you didn't understand it. Regardless, in my post, I had stated, "The covenant that 'God' made with Israel when he delivered them from Egypt was one of blood. Obviously, then, the new covenant would resemble the old, as the old was a shadow of the new. In this case, the covenant transferred from the blood of animals to the blood of our anointed Savior. There is no further mention of any other law other than that of sacrifice, then."

Pay attention, Grace Walker.
Grace Walker wrote:
Yes, He put those laws in out heart..its called a consciense. Even unbelievers KNOW the difference between good and evil morals.
So, we were given a conscience after our anointed Savior was crucified...

That's odd that you would say that, because it seems to me that Joshua was calling upon the conscience of Israel as they made their way into Canaan. He said, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Now, as I believe, this putting of the law and writing of it into our hearts began with the teachings of our anointed Savior. You see, he taught, "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." And another time, he taught, "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man." It seems to me that our anointed Savior was putting the law and writing in in our hearts, so that the works of the flesh could be removed from it. And that was before he was crucified!
Grace Walker wrote:
I dont worry much about what some were exposed of BLL.
And you can't, Grace Walker, as their very existence makes your beliefs questionable.
Grace Walker wrote:
Thats the problem with you Legalistic followers. You are so busy pointing out the faults of others that you over look your own shortcomings. I will add one more thing..Under Grace, We respect the Laws of God..We respect them so much that we KNOW that we can never obey them as perfectly as you seem to think you can. We dont purposly dis obey but we know the difference between trying and trusting. Leagalistic Preachers want to keep their flock on a behavior based fear of God. Grace teaches us that we are Gods Beloved children that can come to Him out of Love and Know that we are accepted by Him. You seem to believe that God doesn't want us..He just ALLOWS us to come to Him IF we are good little robots that are perfect. Heaven would be a lonely place if we had to get their by works of the Flesh..which IS obedience to the Laws that were given ONLY to show us we CANT do it and we need a Saviour. However, continue Striving to Obey..When you fall flat on your face enough times and realize that you can't, Jesus will be waiting for you with arms WIDE Open. He said to humble yourself. HUMBLE yourself and realize you are NEVER going to ask for forgiveness Enough, pray enough, work enough, be religious enough to do what Jesus has already done for you. IF you could POSSIBLY be good enough, Jesus would NOT have had to die for YOU. Why didn't YOU habg on the cross for us all? Since YOU seem to think that Your goodness and knowledge exceeds what Jesus did? Wake UP
The problem is that you've chosen the broad and wide path, and teach others to do the same. Your beliefs cause lukewarmness. Why make any effort toward becoming perfect, right?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#481824 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You for got something: The Garden of Eden is in Missouri, no?
.. no. That's my bedroom ..

With Established Harem

#481825 Jan 30, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Surrender to what? One's inhibitions? To what is forbiddend when one's conscience initially tells them that what they are doing is wrong and once they do it repeatedly they start to think that it's right, and unrepentant?
Or would you surrender to the Jesus and apply the scriptures to your life? I don't think that there was a breakdown in communications. We just have different perspectives of surrender as I stated initially. Respectfully, Quin.
.. surrender to what is ..

With Established Harem

#481826 Jan 30, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so then you would agree then that sex with animals is abnormal sexual activity and disgusting. Right?
.. don't even try to go there ..

.. there's no correlation ..

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481827 Jan 30, 2013
W
h
o

h
i
t

t
h
e

b
r
a
k
e
s
?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#481828 Jan 30, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
What’s interesting?
Hello Counnter_Strike, long time no type.
I hope all is well in your slice of the world.
Not to shabby thanks. How have you been keeping? Haven't read you in a while.

Andrew (CS).

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#481829 Jan 30, 2013
Do not love the world or anything in the world.If anyone loves the world the love of the Father is not in him.For everything in the world the cravings of sinful man,the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does comes not from the Father but from the world.The world and its desires pass away but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min pdf 591,396
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 4,799
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min BenAdam 841,846
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 min Chrome duqquetto 5,871
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Chrome duqquetto 100,215
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 29 min rohit 153
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Pegasus 271,483
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 4 hr Neelakaran 1,477
More from around the web