Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#481774 Jan 30, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers Happy Cat :D I must admit I don't know a lot about Mormonism, I'll check it out :)
Any god is just a myth nothing else!

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#481775 Jan 30, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's terrible! Is your computer ok?
;)
It could have been the browser that was acting up... I'm on the same computer using a different browser and it's working fine now.

Can't stay too long today... but on that 3 heavens. Paul mentioned that he had a vision and went to the 3rd heaven... that speaks of the heaven we usually talk about in today's terms. Then you have the heavens of what we physcially see (the clouds, the sky, the sun, the stars, space... yadda yadda).. the 2nd heaven, not so sure about as I haven't even looked that up yet. But I do know that their are spiritual forces that we cannot see around us.
Whether those forces are good or bad. By good I mean angelic messengers & The Holy Spirit and by bad I mean the fallen angels or demons.

Even if I weren't saved I would know that spiritual forces exist as my stepfather was into santeria (witchcraft basically/voodoo) and saw "things" happen that were supernatural. And no, I never joined or practiced that evil situation.
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#481776 Jan 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep your right.You and I squabble and God watched us both.I even squabble with others over you.In it all you still the boogie man doin that walk.Hey Q all is good in life cause it just one big bowl of cherries it is the pits that get pitched in the road.God bless you and the mrs and family.
Sorry, there is no god!
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#481777 Jan 30, 2013
mike wrote:
It is written a GOD is a spirit and a GOD is holy.
Could it be the "holy-spirit" is figurative?
Sorry, the "holy spirit" is just a phantom!
mike

AOL

#481778 Jan 30, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Mike... haven't seen you in a long time... and no I'm not God. How you doin'?
Hello QU

Still searching for a GOD I know is not real.

Guess I'm stupid!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#481779 Jan 30, 2013
@Juicy

I saw it posted that Paul did not teach about marriage. The Bible says otherwise

1 Corinthians 7
1Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry.a 2But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.

8Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. 9But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

But for those who have interpreted Paul to be teachings that supersede those of Jesus Christ, as a woman you might be interested in seeing what Paul believes your salvation is tied to

1Timothy 2
11A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

It would seem for women it would be Once-Saved always saved so long as they are submissive to men and raise babies.

I am just kidding as Paul didn't teach once-saved. In fact as you can see he added a very strict condition for women which is they must have children. Sure sounds like a work to me. But then again I am a guy so maybe its easier than I think?

:)

I hope whatever people teach on Facebook comes with some verses.

If you want to get the complete picture IMO you should ask any questions where people don't need to hide their beliefs or refuse to give their interpretations. If their beliefs can't withstand scrutiny perhaps they aren't as solid as people want you to believe? I have yet to hear a good reason why a believer would refuse to give their interpretation. In fact the only situation I have seen it in is when a verse seems to clearly contradict what they claim

I say ask questions in public and let people present all the information and let the truth rise to the top as you see it. Only people with a personal agenda would want to keep that from you

(T) Peace

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#481780 Jan 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And please tell us what you did in the hospital, and how your performance exceeded that of the physicians that didn't "actually gave a shit much beyond themselves." What was different about you that would enable the people around you to discern that you were better than the physicians? Did you take money?
I was in Maintenance..........

I actually did care about the patients and my co-workers. Making sure everything operated properly, making sure things were maintained to prevent breakdowns. Maybe the job wasn't as important as knowing what kind of drug to prescribe a patient, but i had empathy at least and did my duties.

I remember being on call one weekend. I was called in to drive to a distant hospital to get some blood of a blood type we didnt have on hand. The nurse who gave me the instructions was in tears when I got there. I didnt know why and didnt ask. I found out later in the week, she had called the doctor who was on call that weekend. He happened to be on the golf course when he got the call and was furious. he came in and reminded her he was never to be called when he was on the course and tore her a new you know what.

I found out later also that he was notorious on his weekends to intimidate these nurses into not calling him. I could give other examples. In the 5 years I worked there I met about 7 Doctors, of which I knew one of them to actually show he cared about his patients health and well being. That doctor himself was so dissatisfied with how things were run and, rumorhad it, his fellow doctors, that he started his own practice.

I guess what would make me different then the physicians was the fact that i gave a shit about my job, as insignificant as compared to a doctors job as it was. I played a small part in the patients and staffs comfort but I took it seriously.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#481781 Jan 30, 2013
So how do you reconcile this apparent unkept promise? Allegory? That's the usual way.
You missed my point, I think.

First, it wasn't an reneged promise, or an allegory. It was an illustration to teach the power of faith. And with this, our anointed Savior also said to his apostles, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." And in this, I offer you the following...

"And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.
And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them.
And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)
Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.
There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one."

As I said, our anointed Savior's statement regarding faith equivalent to the size of a mustard seed was to teach the power of faith, all in all. And what he promised did come to pass, beginning at Pentecost. My question, though, was to provoke our critical thinking skills. You see, either we have to admit that our faith is little to none, not having the power to cause even a grain of sand to move without physically moving it ourselves (which anyone, even the atheist, could do), or we have to admit that we're no longer endowed with such power. In this, then, maybe some of us are correct when we suggest that the function of the Holy Spirit, in our generations, differs greatly from that of the first century. And if people can accept this, then just maybe we can...

1) stop not only those people that mumble, make up words, and foam at the mouth, while claiming that they're speaking in tongues by the power of the Holy Spirit, but also others from being deceived by such nonsense.

2) stop not only those that claim to cast out demons from people that the audience doesn't know, for sure, was even possessed to begin with, by the power of the Holy Spirit, but also others from being deceived by such nonsense.

3) stop not only those that claim to heal people, by the power of the Holy Spirit, in front of an audience that doesn't know for sure the alleged "healed" was legitimately suffering to begin with, but also others from being deceived by such nonsense.

4) stop those that seem only to perform such miracles that can easily be the illusions of a very deceptive "miracle-worker," while none raise the dead, or feed a multitude with a loaf of bread and a fish, or perform any miracles that can stand the test of thorough examination.

5) stop the reasonable questions as to why "God" heals people with the flu, but not an amputee victim.

That's all I was asking...

“Saved. ”

#481782 Jan 30, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello QU
Still searching for a GOD I know is not real.
Guess I'm stupid!
I guess the 1st question would be... Why are you searching for something "that you know" is not real?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#481783 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Now you're calling the lawyers 98% dishonest? "Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"
LOL..........

Hey, I can only go by my lifes experience. I was in a car accident awhile ago. I thought I better get a lawyer. My lawyer told me it was a standard case and it would cost $1500. It ended up at $3000 and I got the maximum sentence allowed.

As I sat and listened to him plead my case to the judge, just before sentencing, I couldn't help but wonder how this guy graduated High School let alone a bar exam.

I've met 1 lawyer in my life worth his salt, and he mainly did real estate transactions. Pretty straightforward stuff.

Again just my experience.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481784 Jan 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
The law also had nothing to do with Jesus Christ.In fact those who followed the law but felt they did not need Christ for a savior are what are widely known as the pharisees. So when someone says are we under law or under grace,, what shouldn't get lost is that to be IN CHRIST one must obey him and trust in Him for salvation. Even if people didn't have to follow any portion of the law (which clearly is not the case or we would be allowed to murder, steal, etc) once entering the age of grace, they still have to obey Jesus Christ
People often say we are no longer under the curse of law. I don't think fully understand what that means but that is my opinion. But would anybody say we are no longer under the curse of the teachings of Jesus Christ? Yet they espouse the same adherence to it which is zero. And this is despite being sent the Holy Spirit to remind us of his teachings and his last command after rising from the dead was to baptize all nations and make sure they obey (observe) all he has commanded of them.
Just something i have never understood and perhaps some food for thought
(T) Peace
And this is why I say, constantly, that unless we become familiar with the law, prophecies, and psalms, we'll never completely understand what's recorded in the texts of the new covenant.

For starters, to understand what the "curse of the law" is, we need not look any further than the law, itself. I suggest reading Deuteronomy 28. Verse 15 says, "But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee." From this verse and on, we're given a list of many curses. But, the "curse" that Paul was referring to, first and foremost, and more than any other, was that of death. You see, in the law, it's written, "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live." Furthermore, the law says, "And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree: His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance."

In conclusion, the "curse of the law," mentioned by Paul, was not the entire law, itself, but the penalties for transgressing the law, especially death. And it was these penalties that the blood of our anointed Savior redeemed us from.

Some more food for thought, Brother.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#481785 Jan 30, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Because we want to do due diligence and get it right. That's what Brothers and Sisters do because of sibling rivalry... they squabble.
Hah hah ahah! It's like two people arguing at the board'n gate for a cruise ship about the itinerary and what accommodations they will occupy. So intent on their own anticipated egotistic pleasures, that "both" of 'em miss the departure, lose their investment, and neither ever get their anticipated "reward"....sadly, being fools of ther own folly, neither ever saw the big picture.

“Saved. ”

#481786 Jan 30, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but creationism has not the slightest to do with science
I agree what is said in this link about discrimination against those scientists who believe in God.

http://creation.com/creation-scientists

“Saved. ”

#481787 Jan 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Hah hah ahah! It's like two people arguing at the board'n gate for a cruise ship about the itinerary and what accommodations they will occupy. So intent on their own anticipated egotistic pleasures, that "both" of 'em miss the departure, lose their investment, and neither ever get their anticipated "reward"....sadly, being fools of ther own folly, neither ever saw the big picture.
I remember reading when James and John were arguiing with the other disciples... Jesus let it go on... later, Jesus asked what they were arguing about.

Paul and Barnabas were both Apostles but they had a fierce argument concerning an individual. Deacons were formed in the early church as a result of a disagreement... John and Paul wrote their letters in such a way because of disagreement with the Judaizers and Gnostics... In Galatians, Paul had to convince the leaders of the church of Jerusalem about his ministry to the Gentiles... on and on and on through the sands of time until...

Arguing, debating, sibling rivalry, squabbles... whether one is saved or not is going to happen. It's simply a fact of life.

It would be nice if everyone could completely believe the same thing but that isn't going to happen just yet. But some of us agree on what's most important... that only Jesus saves.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481788 Jan 30, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Sorry BLL, I am NOT going to believe You over the Holy Spirit. I lived your type of RELIGION before and will never turn back to that. We have an option..Grace or Law..You can choose to remain under the Old Covenant but you will also be Judged under the Old Covenant. Dont you BELIEVE God?
Don't you?

It's written, "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."

Point 1: The covenant that "God" made with Israel when he delivered them from Egypt was one of blood. Obviously, then, the new covenant would resemble the old, as the old was a shadow of the new. In this case, the covenant transferred from the blood of animals to the blood of our anointed Savior. There is no further mention of any other law other than that of sacrifice, then.

Point 2: The new covenant consists of the law of "God" in our inward parts and written in our hearts. First, what law would "God" be referring to if not the same that was given to Moses? And secondly, how do we interpret "I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts" as "I will do away with my law"?
Grace Walker wrote:
All through the Old Testament, God is telling us of His NEW Covenant with man but you refuse to accept it.
I believe I do. Refer to my above response, please and if you will.
Grace Walker wrote:
Jesus' death, burial and ressurection brought in the New Covenant. If you think for a minute that believers who are under Gods Grace will go out and commit all kinds of sins willfully then you are the one who is confused.
Speak for yourself, Grace Walker. The media has gladly exposed many so-called "believers" that claimed to be "born again," "saved," and had the Holy Spirit. And many of, if not all, these so-called "believers" were leaders of their own congregations. It's a shame none of them repented and confessed their sins prior to their being publicly exposed and humiliated, huh?
Grace Walker wrote:
If you believe that Romans 3 is talking about MARRIAGE between man and women than you aren't just confused, You are lost. Paul taught Nothing but Jesus Christ and Grace. Not Marraige.
Perhaps, you should take a look-see at 1Corinthians 7, then.

“Saved. ”

#481789 Jan 30, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers Happy Cat :D I must admit I don't know a lot about Mormonism, I'll check it out :)
For one (and the Mormons don't tell you this)... but they believe God the Father is living on a planet called Kolob... and that God the Father had a Father.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#481790 Jan 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not mocking, just pointing out that claiming to have special communication skills with God is a poor validator of one's stance.
If one speaks the truth it should be readilly apparent and verifiable. It is the reader that will verify the inspiration of Ruach Ha'Kodesh, not the writer.
A prophet does not get to declare himself a prophet, a prophet is proven by hte accuracy of his/her prophecies.
While I understand what you say makes perfect sense. You left off one important thing. If the reader cares not for nor does he or she respect truth because it opposes their position, lifestyle or accepted faith then the Ruach HaKodesh will not strive with him or her. Remember, this is their option, and people choose daily not to listen to the Ruach even when it impresses upon them the truth.

This is just my observation. Plus, I never told anyone that the Ruach HaKodesh impresses upon me anything nor that I have the best ever relationship with The Most High. They make this assumption all on their own.

Shalom my friend.

:)

Andrew (CS).

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#481791 Jan 30, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>For one (and the Mormons don't tell you this)... but they believe God the Father is living on a planet called Kolob... and that God the Father had a Father.
To quote CJ; "Wadda hoot."

“Saved. ”

#481792 Jan 30, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monsieur Qu,
De rien
Bonjour Monsieur Sora, apologize for getting back to you late... just started looking back to respond. Oui oui.

“Saved. ”

#481793 Jan 30, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you ask me to "prove that God does not exist" while remembering that I wrote that both atheism and theism are unprovable inferences?
Good Morning HFN... because I kinda figured that you might still say this...(your next quote)
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That the Christian God does not exist is relatively easy to show,
At one point you seem to be saying that you concede the fact that it is unprovable and then in the next sentence you say that the Christian God does not exist! That's it's easy to show.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is only an inference in that it cannot be proven.
I wholeheartedly agree yet Atheists still BELIEVE in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Michael 560,417
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Hidingfromyou 778,043
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min DIVINAX1X 96,850
Porn sites that will not get block from Parenta... (Jul '12) 11 min DIVINAX1X 24
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min Pegasus 265,424
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min Anti-Christ 441,819
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 54 min anonemys 190
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 hr yon 4,875
More from around the web