Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing that Lil Whiskas didn't think it through the first time, that his opinions were given to him, and he absorbed them uncritically.
Keep right on guessing

Since: Dec 12

Islamabad, Pakistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

All on this site needs.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Whiskas is a she? OK. Sorry, ma'am.
Her age is not a factor. It's the misanthropic garbage that flows from here that is relevant here. If she's willing to spew it in a mixed forum, she needs to be strong enough to deal with the blow back.
As I said, just substitute any group you'd like into her comment to see if she is offensive or not:
Blacks are greedy, jealous, selfish, foolish, ignorant
Jews are greedy, jealous, selfish, foolish, ignorant
Mankind is greedy, jealous, selfish, foolish, ignorant
Sorry, but I take offense at that. What's the difference between those three? And what is sweet about a person that writes like that?
As I have already noted, Christian misanthropy is a deep pessimism for mankind which, as a human being, I resent. If it were not other human beings saying these things about us - if a second intellectual and verbal species evolved on earth, or colonized earth from elsewhere, and spoke about humanity like that - they would be just as despised, and there would probably eventually be war. Every human being should reject and resent such a depiction of our species.
You resent,You already noted,verbal species evolved on earth.

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
For the record...
I spent a good portion of today, on Facebook, debating with a Messianic Jew-ish friend of mine that totally rejects all of Paul's letters, accusing Paul of contradicting all that our anointed Savior, and his apostles and disciples, taught. I tried to explain to her that the error is not in what Paul wrote, but in how people, especially those of Christendom, interpret his letters. For most of our discussion, we examined Paul's letter to the Galatians. We agreed to continue our discussion tomorrow. But, before we closed our discussion, she admitted to finally being able to understand how the discrepancies occur. And tomorrow, we hope to continue our discussion by re-examining the letter to the Galatians, to show her what Paul was explaining, specifically. And after that, I hope to show her what Paul laws Paul was referring to, specifically, when he mentions the laws we're no longer under.
Thank you, "God," for humility.
The law also had nothing to do with Jesus Christ.In fact those who followed the law but felt they did not need Christ for a savior are what are widely known as the pharisees. So when someone says are we under law or under grace,, what shouldn't get lost is that to be IN CHRIST one must obey him and trust in Him for salvation. Even if people didn't have to follow any portion of the law (which clearly is not the case or we would be allowed to murder, steal, etc) once entering the age of grace, they still have to obey Jesus Christ

People often say we are no longer under the curse of law. I don't think fully understand what that means but that is my opinion. But would anybody say we are no longer under the curse of the teachings of Jesus Christ? Yet they espouse the same adherence to it which is zero. And this is despite being sent the Holy Spirit to remind us of his teachings and his last command after rising from the dead was to baptize all nations and make sure they obey (observe) all he has commanded of them.

Just something i have never understood and perhaps some food for thought

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So how do you reconcile this apparent unkept promise? Allegory? That's the usual way.
Do you think someone's faith is literally a mustard seed?

Stands to reason if it started off as allegory it would continue as one

It is literally called The Parable of the Mustard Seed. Jesus taught 40 parables. Something to keep in mind when reading his words. He often asks us to understand the underlying message in a story.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
I find it strange that so many will defend Paul more than Jesus Himself.
If someone says "Paul was a pagan" they get more flack than if they say "Jesus was just a Jew on a stick."
Oh...are we suppose to get all upset over "name calling"? Sorry, I outgrew that years ago. Besides, If someone Believed what Jesus taught, they would know that JESUS said the world would hate Him. They done more than called Him names. If we were to ignore Paul, than we might as well just tear out the whole NEW Testament to appease you Judaism worshippers. Paul was no more a pagan than Moses and all the writers of the Old Testament. I am a gentile and Pauls message was for the Gentiles. Go ahead and be stuck in the Old Testament with all its Legalistic teaching and "fleshly works"and I will enjoy the New Covenant with all its Better promises. If it makes you feel better to resort to childish name calling, thats ok too..I just laugh and thank God for His Grace.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
There's nothing mysterious about any of this.
And you don't get to hide behind your god. You chose to post those words. They're yours now.
But the one who hears my words and does not put them in practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without foundation
The moment the torrent struck that house It collapsed and it destruction was complete.No good tree bears bad fruit nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If she's willing to spew it in a mixed forum, she needs to be strong enough to deal with the blow back.
I agree. I don't understand why people want to afford others some sort of protections status. Personally I would be offended people saw me as that weak.
<quoted text>
As I said, just substitute any group you'd like into her comment to see if she is offensive or not:
Blacks are greedy, jealous, selfish, foolish, ignorant
Jews are greedy, jealous, selfish, foolish, ignorant
Mankind is greedy, jealous, selfish, foolish, ignorant
Sorry, but I take offense at that. What's the difference between those three? And what is sweet about a person that writes like that?
You are kidding right?

The first two would be bigoted claiming morality is linked is skin color or ethnicity. It would be singling out a group based on nothing significant based solely on predjudices towards that group.

Saying mankind is greedy, jealous, foolish, ignorant, or whatever is someone's opinion of man's nature and is all-inclusive and judges evenly based on the actions of all humans. Whether or not you agree with her assessment or think it is nice is irrelevant. She has a right to her opinion. And there is a huge, huge difference between bigoted statements and non-bigoted statements.

But while we are on it, what humans do you know that have never exhibited greed or jealously, or ignorance or foolishness? So you complaint is to the degree that you think they engage in it is less that what you perceive Whispers to be saying? That's a pretty thin thread to hang a moral objection on

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...are we suppose to get all upset over "name calling"? Sorry, I outgrew that years ago. Besides, If someone Believed what Jesus taught, they would know that JESUS said the world would hate Him. They done more than called Him names. If we were to ignore Paul, than we might as well just tear out the whole NEW Testament to appease you Judaism worshippers. Paul was no more a pagan than Moses and all the writers of the Old Testament. I am a gentile and Pauls message was for the Gentiles. Go ahead and be stuck in the Old Testament with all its Legalistic teaching and "fleshly works"and I will enjoy the New Covenant with all its Better promises. If it makes you feel better to resort to childish name calling, thats ok too..I just laugh and thank God for His Grace.
You think the teachings of Jesus Christ are old testament?

You consider the teachings of Jesus Christ "Legalistic teaching and "fleshly works"?

Because from your post it sounds like before Paul there was nothing but the Old Testament

You do in-between just so happened to be our Lord and Savior right?

He had some pretty smart teachings. You should check them out some time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Edit Grace

Should read

You do know in-between

not

You do in-between

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Grace :) I was talking to my mum-in-law yesterday (she's my Christian 'yoda'), about OSAS. She said she believes there are different levels of Heaven. She gets this from Revelation. She said that because my hubby was once a true believer, he is saved and would probably go into the first level. She said the same thing about my mother, who passed away 3 years ago. I have often fretted about where she might be. My MIL, then said something about how, because I am saved, so is my mother and siblings and that the same theory applied to my husband because of his family. She believes in OSAS. So it's making me wonder more and more about it, I'd like to talk to you about it, if you want to.
Blessings <3

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Why do some people, take the Bible so literally?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And in turn, G_O_D said, "Yup. Paul was a pagan antisemite and often contradicted Jesus."
Do you see what happens, Grace Walker, when we don't truly understand Paul's letters and continue to share such erroneous heresy? But, you don't care, though. You'll rather be right than try to understand how you're mistaken.
Shame, that is.
Sorry BLL, I am NOT going to believe You over the Holy Spirit. I lived your type of RELIGION before and will never turn back to that. We have an option..Grace or Law..You can choose to remain under the Old Covenant but you will also be Judged under the Old Covenant. Dont you BELIEVE God? All through the Old Testament, God is telling us of His NEW Covenant with man but you refuse to accept it. Jesus' death, burial and ressurection brought in the New Covenant. If you think for a minute that believers who are under Gods Grace will go out and commit all kinds of sins willfully then you are the one who is confused. If you believe that Romans 3 is talking about MARRIAGE between man and women than you aren't just confused, You are lost. Paul taught Nothing but Jesus Christ and Grace. Not Marraige.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Good Morning Everybody! Jesus is Lord.

:)

Though you may be blowing through, good to c u Skom.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I always find it amazing how someone can use imagery or subtlety pick phrasing to give a negative connotation tho something nobody in the world should be able to look at honestly and view as a negative. So how honest is it to portray it as a negative?

Let's look at some of the things Jesus listed that would be considered loving thy neighbor and "fleshy works"

42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

Feeding a hungry person is now a "fleshy work"

Giving a thirsty person a drink is now a "fleshy work"

Kindness to a stranger is now a "fleshy work"

Clothing a naked man is now a "fleshy work"

Showing care to the sick and imprisoned is now a "fleshy work"

I never thought i would see the day when someone could take some of the most basic humanitarian acts of love and characterize them in a way that makes it sounds like something offensive that people would want no part of, It almost sounds dirty. I mean who wants to be involved with fleshy works instead of the clean spiritual nature of the soul?

Although I guess it would make it easier to justify not doing when one coins it like that. Maybe that's the reason?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry BLL, I am NOT going to believe You over the Holy Spirit.
???

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

The Holy Spirit of the Bible is supposed to be reminding you of all Jesus taught.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Morning Everybody! Jesus is Lord.
:)
Though you may be blowing through, good to c u Skom.
Yo Q

I just remembered why I haven't been posting!

It didn't take long! LOL

Sigh

Probably just blowing thru myself

(T) Peace

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You resent,You already noted,verbal species evolved on earth.
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye.
Why do you?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The Son of God Music Ministry
The True Grace of God

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"Man of the tombs
He lives in a place where no one goes
And he tears at himself
And lives with a pain that no one knows
He counts himself dead among the living
He knows no mercy and no forgiving
Deep in the night he's driven to cry out loud
Can you hear him cry out loud?

Man of the tombs
Possessed by an unseen enemy
He breaks every chain
And mistakes his freedom for being free
Shame and shamelessness equally there
Like a random toss of a coin in the air
Man of the tombs, he's driven to cry out loud

Underneath this thing that I've become
A fading memory of flesh and blood
I curse the womb, I bless the grave
I've lost my heart, I cannot be saved
Like those who fear me, I'm afraid
Like those I've hurt, I can feel pain
Naked now before my sin
And these stones that cut against my skin
Some try to touch me, but no one can
For man of the tombs I am
Down at the shoreline
Two sets of footprints meet
One voice is screaming
Other voice begins to speak
In only a moment and only a word
The evil departs like a thundering herd
Man of the tombs, he hears this cry out loud

Underneath this thing that you've become
I see a man of flesh and blood
I give you life beyond the grave
I heal your heart, I come to save
No need to fear, be not afraid
This Man of sorrows knows your pain
I come to take away your sin
And bear it's marks upon My skin
When no one can touch you, still I can
For Son of God I am
Dressed now and seated
Clean in spirit and healthy of mind
Man of the tombs
He begs to follow, but must stay behind
He'll return to has family with stories to tell
Of mercy and madness, of heaven and hell
Man of the tombs, soon he will cry out loud

Underneath this thing that I once was
Now I'm a man of flesh and blood
I have a life beyond the grave
I found my heart, I can now be saved
No need to fear, I am not afraid
This Man of sorrows took my pain
He comes to take away our sin
And bear it's marks upon His skin
I'm telling you this story because
Man of the tombs I was"

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Grace :) I was talking to my mum-in-law yesterday (she's my Christian 'yoda'), about OSAS. She said she believes there are different levels of Heaven. She gets this from Revelation. She said that because my hubby was once a true believer, he is saved and would probably go into the first level. She said the same thing about my mother, who passed away 3 years ago. I have often fretted about where she might be. My MIL, then said something about how, because I am saved, so is my mother and siblings and that the same theory applied to my husband because of his family. She believes in OSAS. So it's making me wonder more and more about it, I'd like to talk to you about it, if you want to.
Blessings <3
So your mother and siblings could be atheist, but they'd be saved anyway because you are?

Interesting.

I guess I'm saved then, since my sister is WAY saved.

Does that mean I can do all kinds of bad stuff now and still go to heaven if there turns out to be one?

Because that's what I REALLY want to do.

Being atheist and all...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 463,541 - 463,560 of599,020
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

557 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 93,636
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Aura Mytha 223,962
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Joyful8118 719,748
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 532,171
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min crusty 114,921
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Insults Are Easier 256,327
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 27 min Harrison Freebird 53,154
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 32 min Clearwater 172,164
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr Naveen kumar 4,442
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••