“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#481672 Jan 29, 2013
For the record...

I spent a good portion of today, on Facebook, debating with a Messianic Jew-ish friend of mine that totally rejects all of Paul's letters, accusing Paul of contradicting all that our anointed Savior, and his apostles and disciples, taught. I tried to explain to her that the error is not in what Paul wrote, but in how people, especially those of Christendom, interpret his letters. For most of our discussion, we examined Paul's letter to the Galatians. We agreed to continue our discussion tomorrow. But, before we closed our discussion, she admitted to finally being able to understand how the discrepancies occur. And tomorrow, we hope to continue our discussion by re-examining the letter to the Galatians, to show her what Paul was explaining, specifically. And after that, I hope to show her what Paul laws Paul was referring to, specifically, when he mentions the laws we're no longer under.

Thank you, "God," for humility.
Serah

Australia

#481673 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you discount 95% of DNA as meaningless because it invalidates your theory. OK
***The papers, representing 10 years of work of the ENCODE ("Encyclopedia of DNA Elements") project, completed by hundreds of scientists from dozens of labs around the world, reveal that 80% of the human genome serves some purpose and is biochemically active, for example, in regulating the expression of genes situated nearby.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/2500... ***

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#481674 Jan 29, 2013
I find it strange that so many will defend Paul more than Jesus Himself.

If someone says "Paul was a pagan" they get more flack than if they say "Jesus was just a Jew on a stick."

“Love much, trust none”

There

#481675 Jan 29, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
***The papers, representing 10 years of work of the ENCODE ("Encyclopedia of DNA Elements") project, completed by hundreds of scientists from dozens of labs around the world, reveal that 80% of the human genome serves some purpose and is biochemically active, for example, in regulating the expression of genes situated nearby.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/2500... ***
Do you realize that over 90% of our DNA is identical with Gorillas, Chimps and Orangutans ?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481676 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
The Christian theory does every time. It is an excuse to play God and tell others you are right and they are wrong.
Ruach Ha'Kodesh is in every living creature, unless Genesis is a pack of lies.
Perhaps you should ask a Jew to explain their language to you.
So much talk of the Holy Spirit. And it's beyond wearisome.

Our anointed Savior said, "If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

I wonder how many of us, here, can perform such wonders? I wonder how many of us, here, possess such power? If the answer is "None," then where are all the faithful?

Do I deny the existence of the Holy Spirit? Lord forbid! But, I wonder how many misunderstand the presence of the Holy Spirit in our generations?

I wonder.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481677 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
It is called Pauline because the words of Paul are taken as more important, truthful and exact than the words of Jesus. Note how Jesus' words are used to prove Paul instead of the other way around.
Paul was a preacher espousing his opinions and interpretations. He was not God, Jesus nor Messiah. He was no different than the Pastor who lives nextdoor or the Priest in the Parochial House next to the Chapel.
That's because Paul's letters served a different function than that of the apostles.

The apostles, for the most part, recorded the teachings of our anointed Savior and the events that took place as he walked among us. The apostles recorded teachings that our anointed Savior taught to those that were already aware of the law. Paul's letters, on the other hand, expounded on the teachings of our anointed Savior to congregations that were, for the most part, Gentiles, and had no understanding of the law, nor the spiritual significance of those laws our anointed Savior taught. Paul gave these congregations more an explanation as to what our anointed Savior meant.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#481678 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
If someone says "Paul was a pagan" they get more flack than if they say "Jesus was just a Jew on a stick."
You've encountered some confused believers, then.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#481679 Jan 29, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You've encountered some confused believers, then.
Most are.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#481680 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian theory does every time. It is an excuse to play God and tell others you are right and they are wrong.
Ruach Ha'Kodesh is in every living creature, unless Genesis is a pack of lies.
Perhaps you should ask a Jew to explain their language to you.
You keep using the Christian theory.Not everyone holds with what mankind theory is.I do not need a excuse to read scriptures.
You delight in piting one belief against another belief.But if that is what rolls your wheels so be it.
fogn

Rochester, PA

#481681 Jan 29, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Ö
Hope? theres no Jesus

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#481683 Jan 29, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, you are very sorry.
CS.
Nah.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#481684 Jan 29, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm....interesting.
Very interesting indeed.
This is like your first not negative post to me. You have a negative, holier than thou attitude.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#481685 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The rabbits are not evidence of anything exept variation WITHIN A SPECIES, just like skin color in humans.
False. The rabbits have since evolved into 4 species. They aren't like skin color variation in humans - not even close. Skin color variation, as you appear not to know, is due to 7 genes that are under environmental selection pressure. They aren't connected to any other genes and certainly don't make for separate species.

I find it amusing, though, that you claim we cannot understand speciation by observing its underlying genetic processes. It is exactly like you are claiming that we cannot know the Big Bang happened because of background microwave radiation - after all, no one was around then. All we have are the results of the Big Bang.

Evolution is an ongoing process. And we directly observe the processes in the lab, in nature. Add that to our ability to compare the DNA from ancient bones to extant organisms, morphological comparisons between fossils and extant species, development of fossils and, more importantly, extant species

You are ignorantly claiming that none of that is good enough. It's laughable that you then mock my scientific background while demonstrating an almost entire lack of scientific knowledge.
Try again without sounding like a creationist.
I will pass on your opinion of my anthropological training to Penn State.
As it suits your self-confidence, be my guest. You weren't able to handle my explanation of why your critique of the mtDNA observation was incorrect, just like you aren't able to understand how species work, what a framework theory is, or what the theory of evolution is and how it underlies all biological sciences, provides an explanatory framework for all biological pheonomena.

Based on your ignorance of the above, I cannot believe you have a BSc in Anth. Very likely a BA.

And when you present weak minded attacks that rely on misrepresentation and quote mining, I'll correct you regardless. Just like I'll correct any creationist.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#481686 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
"Definition: The term species can be defined as a group of individual organisms that are capable of interbreeding to produce fertile offspring in nature. A species is, according to this definition, the largest gene pool that exists under natural conditions. Thus, if a pair of organisms are capable of producing offspring in nature, they must belong to the same species.
Unfortunately, in practice, this definition is plagued by ambiguities. To begin, this definition is not relevant to organisms (such as many types of bacteria) that are capable of asexual reproduction. If the definition of a species requires that two individuals are capable of interbreeding, then an organism that does not interbreed is outside of that definition.
Another difficulty that arises when defining the term species is that some species are capable of forming hybrids. For example, many of the large cat species are capable of hybridizing. A cross between a female lions and a male tiger produces a liger. A cross between a male jaguar and a female lion produces a jaglion. There are a number of other crosses possible among the panther species, but they are not considered to be all members of a single species as such crosses are very rare or do not occur at all in nature.
Species form through a process called speciation. Speciation takes place when the lineage of a single splits into two or more separate species. New species can form in this manner as a result of several potential causes such as geographic isoloation or a reduction in gene flow among members of the population.
When considered in the context of classification, the term species refers to the most refined level within the hierarchy of major taxonomic ranks (though it should be noted that in some cases species are further divided into subspecies, but that term lacks clear and consistent definition)."
http://animals.about.com/od/s/g/species.htm
No kidding.

Now add in the more sophisticated description of "species" that I provided you several pages back and you'll understand more about evolution.

Also, please note that speciation differs from evolution. You made mistakes in previous pages by conflating the two.

But I'm glad you're reading more. It's possible you'll soon understand what I wrote and apologize for your attacks on my character.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#481687 Jan 30, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Who was Jesus?
Do you mean the famous one?
Counter_Strike wrote:
And who did those priests or somebody's learn it from?
A previous generation of priests.
Counter_Strike wrote:
when you and your kind have your way in degrading society, plunging it into the cesspool of lawlessness and perverted morals then will it be the end of the age of gentiles
I think you have that backwards. I'm thinking it will be more like flushing a cesspool. Your church demeans and degrades mankind. It opposes learning and science. It creates untold fear and guilt. If that's the age of the gentiles, then it's overstayed its welcome already. I'm certain that we can do a better job generating good and happy citizens than your church did.

We're going to find out, aren't we? I'm sure that you wish us godspeed.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Take care of your own house, wake up out of your drunken stupor and watch for the thief so that your house not be broken up and your party ends in ruins. For if you had watched your house, then a thief would not take you by surprise because you were expecting him...seeing him from afar off. Yet you fail to see the thief, and if you continue to be blinded by your hedonistic, irresponsible behavior then you may have your very own soul stolen too.
Your schizophrenia is flaring, Fisher King.

Fennario

#481688 Jan 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Unfortunately for you Catcher its that 98% of the crooked lawyers that make the honest 2% of you look bad..........
Now you're calling the lawyers 98% dishonest? "Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"

Fennario

#481689 Jan 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
you have no idea how ignorant I am
That's incorrect. You've left quite a few clues, like that comment.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#481690 Jan 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:

Thunder bolt.

Fennario

#481691 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Forward, my Sancho Panza! Pick up your heels, Rocinante!
No kidding. Good call.

Fennario

#481692 Jan 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
First of you posted me I did not post you.
Perhaps. Is that relevant? Did you have a point with that?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
As a human being, I find your description offensive. If you made a comment like that about Jews or gays, you would be rightly and harshly castigated for it. You speak only for your own family, not the entire human race. You're not really one of us any more, are you?
lil whispers wrote:
I never been one of you to start with.
Yes you were. You just can't remember any more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Tide with Beach 774,851
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min atemcowboy 559,296
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 22 min shyam 5,511
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Rick in Kansas 265,078
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 27 min Konny 654
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 54 min andet1987 5,711
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,098
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 175,595
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Haji Muhammad Abd... 441,762
More from around the web