Comments
463,241 - 463,260 of 599,787 Comments Last updated 34 min ago

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#481431 Jan 29, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a weird question....What if I wanted to marry my Dog???
W_E_I_R_D
This dude in Toowoomba QLD, was on the news a couple of years ago, he married his dog. Lol.

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/photos/man-mar...

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#481432 Jan 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
wrote:
Dear All:

You may find this interesting. I was at an asthma patient's meeting yesterday, in Tokyo, and met a woman who told me "I used to be a Christian, but I have since become a Shintoist, as the Shinto gods are more powerful than the Christian God."

I thought that was pretty funny, from my atheist perspective.

She then included that, since she is a Shintoist now, she can celebrate Christian Christmas, Buddhist New Year's and Shinto New Year's Day, Christian Easter, Shinto Spring, Buddhist Thanksgiving - b/c Shinto is polytheistic.
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...
How ethnocentric of you.

Not surprising in the least.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#481433 Jan 29, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You real sure,postive of that,not a doubt in your mind.
So you think is no such thing never was and never will be.
He already gottcha you and laughing his hinie off at you.
He got you with the fruit and you like it so well you just keep returning to it and exercising no moderation.He now in control not you.
hahaha!

How many religions are there? Every single believer of every single religion "knows" that they are "correct" - just like you do.

So...forgive me for not believing in your evil deity. Why should I take yours over any other religion's?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#481434 Jan 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Dear All:
You may find this interesting. I was at an asthma patient's meeting yesterday, in Tokyo, and met a woman who told me "I used to be a Christian, but I have since become a Shintoist, as the Shinto gods are more powerful than the Christian God."
I thought that was pretty funny, from my atheist perspective.
She then included that, since she is a Shintoist now, she can celebrate Christian Christmas, Buddhist New Year's and Shinto New Year's Day, Christian Easter, Shinto Spring, Buddhist Thanksgiving - b/c Shinto is polytheistic.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>problem with that is confucius and Siddhartha Gautama never claim to be no savior, Jesus Christ did claim to be a savior.
I looked into buddhism for long time, so I understand the attraction. bottom line though is buddhism shinto christianity, they all just religion. a series of repetitious actions or deeds. spiritual experience with Jesus is a game changer. that experience let you know is Jesus is the one true God.
How do I be nice about this?

SHINTO

Not Buddhism.

SHINTO

They are different.

No Shintoist cares what you think about Buddhism. They also don't care what Buddhists think about Buddhism.

And lots of people claimed to be Saviors. So what that Christianity also claims one? This woman's perspective was that the Christian God is less powerful than the Shinto Gods. And the Shinto Gods don't care if you enjoy multiple religious holidays because...well...there's a whoooooole lot of them. Shinto is polytheistic.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#481435 Jan 29, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
....What if I wanted to marry my Dog???
You will have to adopt if you want children. LOL

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#481436 Jan 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhism according to Buddha is not a religion and has nothing to do with God(s).
As usual, people never listen to what the alleged founder of their religion said.
and the funny thing? That poster was writing about a comment on Shintoism...

go figure.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#481437 Jan 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha!
How many religions are there? Every single believer of every single religion "knows" that they are "correct" - just like you do.
So...forgive me for not believing in your evil deity. Why should I take yours over any other religion's?
Ooooh! Oooh! Pick mine! Pick mine!

LOL

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#481438 Jan 29, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps Spiritual Faith, and belief in GOD and JESUS and the ANGELS?
:)
What distinguishes that from religion?

That's the real question. I'm an atheist, I'm not you, so I am not fit to label you - you'll have to explain to me why you do not fit under "religion."

And, once you give me a definition, I'll do my best to stick to it.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#481439 Jan 29, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey HL, I'm not trying to stir the part here, necessarily. It would seem so when I ask this question. But though I do understand that in your own views you believe that sex in a homosexual relationship is natural... there is one thing that TR had said and I'm wondering if you think bestiality is normal sex or should at least be accepted? Like let's say a person marries their pet. What is your take on that?
.. as long as the pet consents, what's the problem ??..

With Established Harem

#481440 Jan 29, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. for every Christian, it's the opposite of giving up. You engage fully with your God on a daily basis. You admit you are powerless and surrender your life and will to Him on a daily basis. That gives you power ..
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.. though I know you meant it in a different way, even so.... it's pretty much in line to what Paul the Apostle stated in his letter to the Corinthians...
Apostle Paul: "That is why, for Christís sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. FOR WHEN I AM WEAK, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9 (would have to read the preceding verses for full effect if anyone is interested.)
Sometimes when the wind of hardship comes one has to press against it to continue forward.
.. why do you think I meant it in a different way ??..

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#481441 Jan 29, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
We having a little meltdown, are we?
Take a breath.
Hell, take two.
No need to encourage him - he's welcome to stop :)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#481442 Jan 29, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I would have to disagree, these scientists also use the Scientific Method of discovery just like Evolutionists who don't believe in God or a god.'Wha happen was', Creationists are simply scientists who happen to believe in God.
<quoted text>Now I'm going to probaly get ragged on for saying this HFY... but that is true... it isn't that creationists' views haven't been submitted to these journals... they have just been rejected because evolutionists are in those positions of authority which get to decide which info gets put into 'where'. It's like evolutionists have become their own orthodoxy... not at all different from the RCC of the past where they wouldn't let any other ideas in. They continue to down play Creationists' views using the excuse of religion but they seem to have become a religion themselves. As much as it takes to have faith that God exists (not so much faith as is common sense, imho)... but it takes the same amount of faith to believe that God doesn't exist. Can one prove God exists at will... no, it takes faith to believe that He is. But at the same token, an atheist cannot prove that God does not exists. The creation/evolution argument, dialogue, debate... whatever you want to call it... eventually cancels each other out because it is a fruitless exercise. It takes faith on both ends of the spectrum whether to the affirmative or to the negative.
False and false.

You can prove me wrong by demonstrating how creationism can be a framework theory for all biological sciences.

Just so you know, evolution is the framework theory for all biological sciences. It unifies all biological phenomena under one explanatory framework.

In science, there are no competing theories. None. Not a single one. Also, evolution has never been disproved, not once.

So...no, creationism is not used in science. It's absolutely useless as an explanatory paradigm as it cannot generate testable, disprovable hypotheses.

With Established Harem

#481443 Jan 29, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a chart about the RCC and their own evolution... it was somewhere in that timeline where they were more open to evolution.
Believers believe in evolution because that is what they were taught in school... they had no choice. I can get in the whole spill about how it started to get taught in the classrooms but that is for another day unless someone would like to do due diligence on their own and look for it for themselves which would be plus. Nevertheless, Evolution wasn't always taught in schools but when it did arrive on the scene it didn't come without racism (survival of the fittest)... and I understand Darwin used animals to make this point but the powers that believe politically-corrected it for their own prejudices. Not just the fittest of whites against blacks but even whites against whites in Europe. Scientific racism actually...
Evolution and Eugenics are intertwined... Survival of the fittest.
.. morning Qu !!..

.. evolution is evidence based and not a belief ..

.. don't confuse social Darwinism and biological Darwinism ..

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#481444 Jan 29, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it wasn't hard to find them and there were a whole litter to choose from... but I kind I felt like it would be fruitless to send as someone would have to at least care about the facts.
They aren't facts. They are fraudulent attempts by creationists to fool people like you. First, the lists hold mostly people who have no background and are not working in biological science. Second, any random list of biological scientists who are not evolution (science) deniers is larger - the Steve list is larger.
<quoted text>I guess the simple response to that would be... "that's not true". I'm not bold enough to say that none have been discredited... but then again, I'm not that bold enough to imply that "they've all been discredited." You see, in materialists, naturalists, evolutionary scientists (whatever you want to call them)... they also discredit each other... one may come up with an idea that may be close to discovery but then someone comes along and says something entirely different but on the same trajectory. So a scientist, whether evolutionary or creationary being discredited is simply normal business throughout the decades. Also, what may interest you is I've seen that sometimes a scientist would be discredited only later to find out that he/she had been right all along.
Evolution has never been disproved, not once.

Scientists do not discredit each other, they disagree with each other about the details of evolution. I'm sorry that you have been duped by the fraudulent creationist misrepresentations of science. The scientists so misquoted and misrepresented themselves often clarify the creationist falsehoods.

More importantly, why are you basing your knowledge on other people's ignorance? The whole "scientists discredit each other" myth that creationists push rests on your ignorance and your inability to seek real answers.

You automatically think "ha! If they don't know, then I am right!" That's trash. You cannot base your knowledge on someone else's ignorance. If you do so, you don't have knowledge, you have empty, untested belief.

But we both know that you don't actually know that much about science. Your arguments so far have been based in ignorance and personal incredulity. Don't write to me "you people don't know, so I am right" or "you people argue about science, so I am right (even though I don't understand the arguments)."

Write to me "creationism declares X and X is what we observe in nature. In fact, we use X to predict Y and produce treatment Z. That's how powerful X is." What creationist observations do we have? None. What creationist predictions do we have about nature? None. What creationist technology or solutions do we have about nature? None.

The thing is, you creationists scream and rant all you like, but you never produce new knowledge or technology. You are incapable of solving real world problems like malaria or tuberculosis - let's not forget the creationist "disease as sin" model. You are incapable of explaining why pathogens exist, how to treat them, how to eradicate them, why they affect us as they do.

Or something like sperm competition. Why do most types of human sperm not fertilize, but instead act to destroy other sperm or to block other sperm?

Evolution answers these questions with ease. It produces all kinds of medical technology and medical knowledge.

Creationism doesn't. It's a religious belief - a fiction, an imagined reality that for you is real because you are utterly ignorant with regards to biology and biological science. And your masters want - need - you ignorant, because they like your money.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#481445 Jan 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
....In science, there are no competing theories.....
I certainly hope there is competing theories or its no more than a religion and I have been doing it wrong all these years.

With Established Harem

#481446 Jan 29, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww thanx <3 LOL! I love it, may I use it? Cheers :)
.. morning diamonds ..

.. my, you're collecting negative judgeits. Did you steal someone's God ??..

With Established Harem

#481447 Jan 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution answers these questions with ease. It produces all kinds of medical technology and medical knowledge.
.. morning sweetness ..

.. you forgot to say, "All biology is based on evolutionary theory." ..

.. always liked that one ..

.. Tide promises to return you to the trunk shortly ..

“Love much, trust none”

There

#481448 Jan 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Write to me "creationism declares X and X is what we observe in nature.....
Creationism declares that nothing on Earth changes and species can not change.

Since we can observe the planet changing and the differentiation wihtin species, that disproves Creationism.

Only someone who is so insane as to believe that words in a book are facts and the reality around them is false can accept the Static Model of Life and the Cosmos as described in Genesis.

BTW, According to Genesis, the moon does not exist nor do any planets. Don't see them jumping on THAT particular bandwagon of lunacy.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#481449 Jan 29, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
why would anyone believe that creation itself is only around 6000 years old is beyond me.
They think it because they believe that their bible tells them so. Nothing else is necessary. They also believe that a snake talked, and that the sky could hold enough rain to cover the tallest peaks, deposit it in only forty days, then have it evaporate and disappear from earth. Reason isn't part of the formula. Faith is.
Qu_innocence wrote:
The "days" in Genesis is a word that would describe "era's" or "eons".
Do eras and eons have a morning and an evening? The days of creation do. What's the problem with 24 hour days? The contradictory evidence?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#481450 Jan 29, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to encourage him - he's welcome to stop :)
Well...

I DID say two.

Maybe he'll forget that they're free.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 14 min andet1987 491
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min curiouslu 732,702
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min WasteWater 94,640
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min WasteWater 257,840
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 18 min andet1987 4,146
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min atheism is destru... 226,243
Michael Jordan says he used to be..'against ALL... 23 min andet1987 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min seriously the ori... 538,786
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••