<quoted text> Amen.
Forget any non existing gods at all!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#481236 Jan 28, 2013
The Fly Swatters wrote:
<quoted text>
A piece of advice phany we do not stand fools easily.
Watch yourself.
Is that clear?
Who are you Fly Swatter?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#481237 Jan 28, 2013
The Fly Swatters wrote:
<quoted text>
A piece of advice phany we do not stand fools easily.
Watch yourself.
Is that clear?
Ya got's a mouse in yer pocket I see.
It's good ya got's company befitt'n yer intelect y'know!
mike

AOL

#481238 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your proof ?
You are as much a fraud as any theist.
Hello G o d

Aren,t we all fraudulent?
mike

AOL

#481239 Jan 28, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you Fly Swatter?
Hello Epi

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#481240 Jan 28, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello G o d
Aren,t we all fraudulent?
No

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#481241 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Blasphemy.
Hurting an all-powerful deity's feelings.
Sounds assinine doesn't it ?
The God that I believe in isn't that pathetic.
Blasphemy is failure to recognize and respect the authority of The Most High and those He has sent to complete task. No one would go before King, President, Prime Minister or General and violate and disrespect without being dealt with in a rash fashion. Even in our own homes stranger is not allowed to come in and speweth forth vitriol and expect to have head seat at dinner table. It is more a matter of principle and respect more than anything else.

I think I better stay out of this one. Enjoy your conversation Duane. Hope you're having a great day.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).
mike

AOL

#481242 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No
Does that mean some are "perfect"?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#481243 Jan 28, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>

.. are you familiar with Cause & Effect? It's a philosophical concept of causality in which an action or event will produce a certain response to the action in the form of another event. It's a rather interesting concept ..
It is especially interesting when we think of how it applies to our own interactions with others........

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#481244 Jan 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Dear All:
You may find this interesting. I was at an asthma patient's meeting yesterday, in Tokyo, and met a woman who told me "I used to be a Christian, but I have since become a Shintoist, as the Shinto gods are more powerful than the Christian God."
I thought that was pretty funny, from my atheist perspective.
She then included that, since she is a Shintoist now, she can celebrate Christian Christmas, Buddhist New Year's and Shinto New Year's Day, Christian Easter, Shinto Spring, Buddhist Thanksgiving - b/c Shinto is polytheistic.
problem with that is confucius and Siddhartha Gautama never claim to be no savior, Jesus Christ did claim to be a savior.

I looked into buddhism for long time, so I understand the attraction. bottom line though is buddhism shinto christianity, they all just religion. a series of repetitious actions or deeds. spiritual experience with Jesus is a game changer. that experience let you know is Jesus is the one true God.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#481245 Jan 28, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Does that mean some are "perfect"?
No

“Love much, trust none”

There

#481246 Jan 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Blasphemy is failure to recognize and respect the authority of The Most High and those He has sent to complete task. No one would go before King, President, Prime Minister or General and violate and disrespect without being dealt with in a rash fashion. Even in our own homes stranger is not allowed to come in and speweth forth vitriol and expect to have head seat at dinner table. It is more a matter of principle and respect more than anything else.
I think I better stay out of this one. Enjoy your conversation Duane. Hope you're having a great day.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
The respectful attitude toward God benefits my spirit, not God.

Hope that made better sense my friend.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#481247 Jan 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>problem with that is confucius and Siddhartha Gautama never claim to be no savior, Jesus Christ did claim to be a savior.
I looked into buddhism for long time, so I understand the attraction. bottom line though is buddhism shinto christianity, they all just religion. a series of repetitious actions or deeds. spiritual experience with Jesus is a game changer. that experience let you know is Jesus is the one true God.
Buddhism according to Buddha is not a religion and has nothing to do with God(s).
As usual, people never listen to what the alleged founder of their religion said.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#481248 Jan 28, 2013
Confucious and Lao Tzu never claimed anything about god or gods either. They talked about a philosophy of life, nothing more.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#481249 Jan 28, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
This is also from the Holy Bible 1 John 5:16
God bless.
Sorry the bible is manmade.The bible is full of fakes, lies and errors!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#481250 Jan 28, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry the bible is manmade.The bible is full of fakes, lies and errors!
Then don't read it or believe in it.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#481251 Jan 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You're decompensating. Maybe you're not up for this kind of thing. This is the second post in a row that you've threatened me. Remember this:
"nor do I believe I would allow you to stand before me in person and blaspheme the way you do."
I never threatened you. I don't regard that as a threat. Let's say...more like a promise.
As a former Christian, let me share a little tip with you: Even if you didn't get the promised peace that passeth all understanding, or the fruits of the spirit including joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control, you probably should fake it - at least in front of the other Christians. That's how they know whether the Holy Spirit is with you or not.
Keep your tip. Scripture also says we should "judge righteously". So if in my 'righteou judgment' you were being an trouble maker in my place of worship, I would most certainly through you out and be nice enough to tell you; "Thanks for coming, you're welcome back whenever you're sober."
The reason that you take this stuff so personally must be that you and your god have merged in your mind. Why else would anybody be so presumptuous about getting into heaven unless they were pretty sure that they spoke for their god.
Don't parse it. You don't understand the real reasons because you're the person doing the offending, not because some "god" you keep mentioning have merged minds with someone else but because you have no manners.

Also, where in the bible did it state people will be going to heaven? Where did I presume I was getting into heaven? You're not making much sense.
By the most amazing of coincidences, he hates exactly what you hate. And when he's blasphemed, you feel insulted:
"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image, when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." ~ Anne Lamott
As for being your friend, your friendship sounds pretty dangerous. You seem to be wound a little tightly, and with a propensity for violence. Work on that a little first.
What people do I hate? I do not need you to be my friend. What "god" do I serve? I'm not a violent man at all, it's always the last resort. I can tell you like guessing. Keep guessing away feller; keep guessing.

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#481252 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The respectful attitude toward God benefits my spirit, not God.
Hope that made better sense my friend.
I agree this makes sense Duane, but why did you not say this to the other poster?

Thanks for clearing it up my friend.

Andrew (CS).

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#481253 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhism according to Buddha is not a religion and has nothing to do with God(s).
As usual, people never listen to what the alleged founder of their religion said.
you not need god or gods to have a religion. Buddhism is a religion:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/buddhism.ht...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#481254 Jan 28, 2013
Do I sense another generation of demotivational embroidered throw pillows coming down the pike?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
This is such a cheery and uplifting faith.
You want something you can feel happy about all the time much like the Romans enjoyed Gladiatory sport. Sorry feller; you wouldn't have found anything positive about my faith even if you overdosed on positive+happy. Hence, I really don't care how you feel about my faith. I hope you finally understand.

CS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 751,220
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Chess 548,921
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min andet1987 4,793
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr mike 441,445
safe abortion clinic in manila (Jul '13) 1 hr sofia 9
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ1 261,710
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr Rick Moss 37,277
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr USN Atheist 5,511
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Dave Nelson 230,104

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE