Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#481263 Jan 28, 2013
Serah wrote:
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.....
Yikes.

That was where man was separated from the rest of life so many centuries ago. Later, when the god names a chosen people, one tribe will be separated from the rest of mankind. Eventually, you'll be told to hate your family, hate the world, and fight your flesh. Ad even your own mind is invaded by Satan, and is not to be listened to.

It's a terrible psychological burden. It isolates you from every single thing that exists including your own body and mind.

But you have retained some of that connectivity. Good for you!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#481264 Jan 28, 2013
ASIA LATIN AFRO MID EAST wrote:
<quoted text>the great satan has you soul already, did you know THAT, unless you denounce AmeriKKKa Us neo-malthusians and warmongering NEOcon' PNAC agendas, and ill Hegemonic Global agendas, the war-for-profiteering... u never escape great Satan grasp on you little dirty bloody soul of all those Children who died at hands of Stupid US Soldier gunning actions and all war-torned left parentless ... you coldhearted and empathyless souless Warmongering Xtain Bible thumping right wing fascist hypocrites. BHQHAHHAHHAAAA
FWIW

If I may offer some friendly advice, maybe you might consider being a little less abrasive. You don't want to push people away that might be otherwise be interested in your message.

"Let's just replace 'hail of shrapnel' and 'scar tissue' with 'string of pearls' and 'raspberry scones'" and "you coldhearted and empathyless souless Warmongering Xtain Bible thumping right wing fascist hypocrites" with "people of faith." It's a tad less off putting.

:)

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#481265 Jan 28, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
It is especially interesting when we think of how it applies to our own interactions with others........
.. indeed. Sometimes it's difficult to detach ..

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#481266 Jan 28, 2013
Aye, ya downta undrrsstanda laddy.

The church caused the separation between science and itself. Johannes Kepler, Newton, Pasteur, Kelvin and the rest of them were heavily criticized for their faith or knowledge of science mixed with faith and men like Galileo were punished, many even burned or beheaded, excommunicated or thrown into dungeons because of their scientific knowledge despite them also having plenty of faith and were also members of the church in several instances. People with 'other' knowledge outside of what the papal bulls said or what was in the catechism was deemed heresy.

The church never entertained science outside of the pitiful knowledge that they had and preferred it remained that way. To them the earth was the center of the solar system and possibly even the universe and the earth despite for years being the contrary was still popularly considered to be flat.

Science and faith were to work hand in hand not that they should be pitted against each other. It is people like you in olden times that created this rift with your very one dimensional think. people like you who entertain very little possibilities whether it be outside of science or outside of faith. Long and short, you are partly responsible for this. you and the rest of them who can't see beyond your own egos, one worshipping science, the other religion. Utter stupidity.

Shalom.

CS

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#481267 Jan 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical prophecy isn't of sufficiently high enough quality to take seriously. No biblical prophecy has ever allowed man to anticipate any event in history in any useful way. None of it qualifies as quality prophecy, which criteria I can provide if you'd like. Quality prophecy must meet the following criteria :
=======snipped for space==========
Now scientific prophecy - there's something to behold. Did you see this earlier:
The revelations of science keep embarrassing the church. And the prophecies of science do the same. They far outshine biblical prophecy. How about that Higgs boson? Does your bible have any predictions like that to compare? The priests of science prophesied that we would find a particular subatomic particle with specific properties at a certain energy if they ever built a machine to look. This object was only deduced - imagined - never before seen. And bingo.
Did you celebrate that when it happened? I was so proud to be a human being! We are marvelous apes.
Too bad if your church robbed you of the pleasure of knowing that - of knowing that you belong to such a magnificent species. What a shame if they convinced you that you were failed, damaged goods, and that you missed that experience. Really.
Think about the godlike implications of that. Your book offers its ability to prophesy as evidence of its divine origin. Yet scientific prophecy dwarfs biblical prophecy. Do you know about Eddington and Einstein? Same thing. Some people contemplated and divined what must be essential elements of reality - and they were right! That's godlike.
Aye, ya downta undrrsstanda laddy.

The church caused the separation between science and itself. Johannes Kepler, Newton, Pasteur, Kelvin and the rest of them were heavily criticized for their faith or knowledge of science mixed with faith and men like Galileo were punished, many even burned or beheaded, excommunicated or thrown into dungeons because of their scientific knowledge despite them also having plenty of faith and were also members of the church in several instances. People with 'other' knowledge outside of what the papal bulls said or what was in the catechism was deemed heresy.

The church never entertained science outside of the pitiful knowledge that they had and preferred it remained that way. To them the earth was the center of the solar system and possibly even the universe and the earth despite for years being the contrary was still popularly considered to be flat.

Science and faith were to work hand in hand not that they should be pitted against each other. It is people like you in olden times that created this rift with your very one dimensional think. people like you who entertain very little possibilities whether it be outside of science or outside of faith. Long and short, you are partly responsible for this. you and the rest of them who can't see beyond your own egos, one worshipping science, the other religion. Utter stupidity.

Shalom.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#481268 Jan 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You have me guffawing.
What's up with Counter_Strike's mysterious god that's not a god whose name isn't whatever you or I just called him. He may be worshiping the formless and featureless Crickian god, Ol' Wispy Miasma.
Poor, tactless and uncalled for. You will pay for this.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#481269 Jan 28, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello HL, long time no read! I hope all is well in your slice of the world my friend.
Hmmm.... Interesting.

Shalom Ms. NS4M.

CS.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#481271 Jan 28, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... I'm not sure I can come up with anything interesting to say today. Floods bad, no power bad, slow Internet on my phone, bad. Lol... That's about it really, I'm very tired...
<3
Hi Lucy ~ just watching the news and thankfully, it has settled down up North but NSW are copping it. Rest up and take care <3

#481272 Jan 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you want to call your belief then. Religious belief? It certainly isn't atheistic belief!
Perhaps Spiritual Faith, and belief in GOD and JESUS and the ANGELS?

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#481273 Jan 28, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
this doc is liar.
my awatar only is from dundalk-exactly showing always location,
Not country.
they are homosexauls imposters seaating here like parasities and trying to ban Counter Strike for his stand about homosexauality
someone whom I know,who call yourseleves"christian "
made this using internet gays to bring them here to this topic and ban Counter Strike poster
it was same few months agao against Quin poster, and he was baned for his negative remarks about homosexaualism
maybe this seed of devil false christian?
already achieved his abominable work using gays to ban Counter Strike
Because I don't see anymore CS posts
those people faken christians are worse from pigs,from gays,lesbians or criminals
I am still here Doc. They can try to rubbish my right to freedom of speech but they can't take away honesty and truth.

Thanks for your concern...surprising but still very appreciated.

Andrew (CS).

#481274 Jan 28, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanna be a tiger, or a gorilla...lol <3
Ahhh... I don't want to be hunted ~ I just want to be loved :)

#481275 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Exactly.
Evolution is not inconsistent with Genesis. Never has been, never will be. Neither is the Big-Bang or abiogenesis for that matter. All Genesis says is it that God was the motive/creative force involved.
<quoted text>
Yes, agreed but not that all life started from organisms that were a random result of the big bang and that the radnomness (as such) gave itself the ability to become many different life forms, complete with DNA.

#481276 Jan 28, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, I am getting rid of my spiritual aches and pains. Please help me in this process as I seek to submit fully to you, to resist the devil, draw near to you, cleanse my hands, purify my heart, and repent of sin (James 4:7-9). I want to be humble before you, my God. My worth comes from you alone, not from what the world has to offer. All glory and honor to you, for you alone are worthy of praise. You alone can lift me up and give me abundant life and joy beyond comparison. Thank You, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Prime time with God
Amen :)

#481277 Jan 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That has been the problem with Christianity for 1700 years. All that time to read a Jewish book and not once did they ask a Jew to explain it to them.
The Jews would not be able to explain the NT or the Book of Revelation, though.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#481278 Jan 28, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Epi
Hey Mike....I was wondering where you had gone....

:-)

#481279 Jan 28, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Serah ..
.. just wanted to point out Collins' article is rife with "I believe." He's expatiating on his belief system, not science ..
No issues with that ~ but he is one of the best scientists in the world today and knows more about our DNA than most. He acknowledges that we are miracles as such, and that which makes us tick is the miracle within.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#481280 Jan 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm IANS's banker.
What's the damage?
I'll cover his tithing.
(And don't be such a grouch, dude.)
LOL
Really now. Do you have a piggy back of repentance and a wad of contrite apologies.

Your bank lacks return on investment. Worse, I wanted to take out a mortgage on forgiveness to loan Mr. IANS but your bank was closed early. RATS!

Feller, before you took the job at that facility, you should have paid careful notice to your bank president Mr. Osama bin Hitler. The name sounds a bit odd dontcha think?

(Yo ho, all together, hoist the colors high. Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die.) LOL x 32
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#481281 Jan 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still here Doc. They can try to rubbish my right to freedom of speech but they can't take away honesty and truth.
Thanks for your concern...surprising but still very appreciated.
Andrew (CS).
no
you live in your own delussions
you can not call your written posts it IS YOU
Also posts are maybe from you, but who knows for really if your posts are not fakes posted by your neighbour during your work time and house absnce

I appreciate your posts,because beliefs sounds very simmilar to my
both of us worship same G-D Yahveh
only I have no idea from which Gods given for you room you are posting those posts

anyway
keep good job, depart from empty pagan discussions spoil good habits of believers and employe yourselves by the table of empty fables
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#481282 Jan 28, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mike....I was wondering where you had gone....
:-)
he was in prison,for posessing 0.1 oz pure marihuana
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#481283 Jan 28, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews would not be able to explain the NT or the Book of Revelation, though.
g_o_d is mentaaly day by day more retarded as before,

just he belongs to the crazy house popualtion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Truth-be-Told 87,861
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 665,112
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 14 min Caesar 5
The Future of Politics in America 33 min Rider on the Storm 164
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 38 min Peter Ross 444
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 284,467
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr Al Capone 3,380
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web