|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Exactly.
Evolution is not inconsistent with Genesis. Never has been, never will be. Neither is the Big-Bang or abiogenesis for that matter. All Genesis says is it that God was the motive/creative force involved.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
***As someone who's had the privilege of leading the human genome project, I've had the opportunity to study our own DNA instruction book at a level of detail that was never really possible before.
It's also now been possible to compare our DNA with that of many other species. The evidence supporting the idea that all living things are descended from a common ancestor is truly overwhelming.
I would not necessarily wish that to be so, as a Bible-believing Christian. But it is so. It does not serve faith well to try to deny that.
But I have no difficulty putting that together with what I believe as a Christian because I believe that God had a plan to create creatures with whom he could have fellowship, in whom he could inspire [the] moral law, in whom he could infuse the soul, and who he would give free will as a gift for us to make decisions about our own behavior, a gift which we oftentimes utilize to do the wrong thing.
I believe God used the mechanism of evolution to achieve that goal. And while that may seem to us who are limited by this axis of time as a very long, drawn-out process, it wasn't long and drawn-out to God. And it wasn't random to God.
[He] had the plan all along of how that would turn out. There was no ambiguity about that.
That's a question that troubles so many Christians who in many ways are very open to science. What would you say to Christians who feel that the randomness or the chaos that evolution can sometimes imply flies in the face of their most cherished beliefs?
I would say that I understand that and I'm sympathetic with how jarring that realization can be. I would say that the stance that some believers take, which is simply to reject evolution, is also to reject the information that God has given us, the ability to understand. I believe God did intend, in giving us intelligence, to give us the opportunity to investigate and appreciate the wonders of His creation. He is not threatened by our scientific adventures.
The answer to that sense of concern about randomness and chaos is to try to think beyond our own human limitations of time and space.
http://www.beliefnet.com/News/Science-Religio... ***
I believe that Creationism is a part of Science and believe that Francis Collins has proven that.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Today's Prayer

Dear God, I am getting rid of my spiritual aches and pains. Please help me in this process as I seek to submit fully to you, to resist the devil, draw near to you, cleanse my hands, purify my heart, and repent of sin (James 4:7-9). I want to be humble before you, my God. My worth comes from you alone, not from what the world has to offer. All glory and honor to you, for you alone are worthy of praise. You alone can lift me up and give me abundant life and joy beyond comparison. Thank You, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Encouraging Words....

God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.

2 Peter 1:3

K-Love

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>.... but we also need to understand the Bible,....
That has been the problem with Christianity for 1700 years. All that time to read a Jewish book and not once did they ask a Jew to explain it to them.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops this isn't offbeat is it....
:D
LOTR and Tale of Two Cities are two of the top ten best selling books in history, not the Bible.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Epi..
Do you remember we flooded a piece of our property
a few years back, to skate?
We did it again..and skated a good part of the day!
Was a great Sunday, hope your's was too..
Sending my best to the the area Juicylu is from..
Yes...I remember....I thought "What a great idea"....Is the area that you grow flowers and vegetables in the summer?

My Sonday was quiet...Enjoyed it

Yes...JL had a hard time getting her son home...I hope she re-unites with him today....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post..
-hey girl..
Happy to see you.
Do you have anyway of knowing how "curious2know"
is?? I worry about him..
:)
Also wonder how Ghost Rider and his crew are..
That is Timbo....Right?

He is on Facebook...But very rarely posts on it...I have sent Birthday wishes but no response. He lives close to ArtGal (Lori)

Number 3339..Is that a good Cribbage hand?

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning (I think)

:-)

There is pleasure in the pathless woods.
There is rapture on the lonely shore.”

~ Author Unknown

Thought For the Day
Lol... Nice thought Epi <3

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer

Dear God, I am getting rid of my spiritual aches and pains. Please help me in this process as I seek to submit fully to you, to resist the devil, draw near to you, cleanse my hands, purify my heart, and repent of sin (James 4:7-9). I want to be humble before you, my God. My worth comes from you alone, not from what the world has to offer. All glory and honor to you, for you alone are worthy of praise. You alone can lift me up and give me abundant life and joy beyond comparison. Thank You, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Prime time with God
Amen <3

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>LOTR and Tale of Two Cities are two of the top ten best selling books in history, not the Bible.
Lol...

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes...I remember....I thought "What a great idea"....Is the area that you grow flowers and vegetables in the summer?

My Sonday was quiet...Enjoyed it

Yes...JL had a hard time getting her son home...I hope she re-unites with him today....
Thank you both :) his grandad brought him home in a SES truck...lol. Oh State Emergency Services. He's a volunteer, pity he didn't have a spare genny. Blessings <3
The Fly Swatters

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...
Here you are AFRO BABOON.

In Sydney today, hey?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
He goes by at least 120 names by our group's approx combined count. If you've ever been to Australia forum and gotten right out again because of threads such as "breast feeding my teenage son", "is incest wrong", "will India beat Australia in a war", "why do Aussie women love Indian men" (we don't), much worse threads and anything with the word "CACA" in it, you can thank Loser.
How old is Loser?......13?????

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

***Buh Bye***

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>How old is Loser?......13?????

Lol... I'm guessing around that age but there has to be more to it, my 4 year old is more intelligent. Truly. Has better manners too.
<3
The Fly Swatters

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How old is Loser?......13?????
A piece of advice phany we do not stand fools easily.

Watch yourself.

Is that clear?
The Fly Swatters

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... I'm guessing around that age but there has to be more to it, my 4 year old is more intelligent. Truly. Has better manners too.
<3
What message ws given to you by MalbarCACA Controller, AFRO BABOON?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. Amen! Praise God <3
Only sharing it is in 1 John 5:13 of the Holy Bible.God bless

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's beautiful LW <3
This is also from the Holy Bible 1 John 5:16
God bless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen <3
Sharing out of 1 John 4:1 God bless

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Seraphima 536,991
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Huh 729,905
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 min Naveen kumar 970
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Charlie Sheen 259,144
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 18 min andet1987 4,135
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min Ratloder 117,767
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 24 min andet1987 941
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 18 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••