Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. not everyone thinks the bible is inerrant. If you tried to explain your religious beliefs to natives living in the jungles of Borneo, you would be laughed at ..
First time I ever heard of Borneo... thanks for sharing that as I like to learn of other cultures. But yeah, I'm sure that is true. That is why it would probaly take a Borneoin (?) to receive salvation through some kind of providence in order to share it with his own people because he knows how they think... just like it would be easier for a former drug addict to minister to another drug addict to help get him off those drugs. That isn't always the case but that's what I've seen and was impressed with the "before and after" testimonies.

It reminds me of an Ethiopian who was away from that country and a disciple named Philip ministered unto him. The Ethiopian got baptized, received Jesus as his Lord and Savior... and took the the gospel to his own people. Or just like ex-gays who gave their own testimonies and experience... and they turned back around to not forget where they had come from to minister to "those gays who want to" leave homosexuality.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The next stage in social evolution should correct most of the inequalities in the world.
Do you think human society is improving, or degrading?
Degrading.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. sorry, the bible is not the end all. We can do better ..
We have some different perspectives on that but for the most part I would agree with you... My perspective on doing better is that it is better to hear and to do Jesus' Words than to just to hear about Jesus' Words and not do. I sometimes fall short on the former but God's workin' on it. Smile.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Serah ..
.. Catcher & I would like to chat with you someday ..
.. when would you be available ??..
When Waldorf finds his forever home?

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Qu, Sora and I have been to many passovers. In regards to your thoughts I see your point.
Bonsoir Sora... after midnight does it become Bonjour or because it is night we still say Bonsoir?

That must've been a rich experience.. I know the origin of it and learned some of it but I have never been to one. As a teen I worked for a jewish pharmacist in a very orthodoxed Jewish neighborhood... but in my youth, I didn't realize how rich that particular experience was until recent.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good you're having fun with it. The weather here is insane, now roads are flooded and I can't got to a family BBQ I was rather looking forward to. Want a chop?
Love ya LW God Bless <3
The weather and me have always understood each other lol.Have a huge mountain in back yard love it when it rains cause rainbow shows up over mountain.Is something in all the seasons I wait for every year.October being my favorite month of the year.Honey said,earlier that your area had flooding I just throught he was pullin my chain like he does all the time,until you said you had flooded roads there.Hopefully the water will clear away soon for ya.Just a half of a chop thank you I am not a big eater more of a nibbler lol.God bless loveya too.Stay where it is safe.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, very good social work, to be commended.
Amen... now I do know that there are other groups both secular and in other beliefs who may be doing the same thing
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But part of the missionaries' "mission" is to convert.
Yes.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That, for me, is unacceptable.
Understood, in your own views I mean.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is arrogant, it is deceptive, and it benefits from the missionaries' position of greater economic power, education, and influence.
There pretty much just going on and acknowledging their genuine beliefs in what Jesus said, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"

Perhaps Jesus is to blame?
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The missionary is Santa Claus. But unlike the real Santa, but not unlike the lobbyists in Washington, D.C., he extracts a price for his gifts: you have to turn your soul over to him and his god.
I think their used to be a practice by the jesuits who would force people to accept Christ... or like in the Crusades or the Inquisition... For myself, I don't believe that missionaries goes to such extremes. My view is that they have compassion and have a particular gift of helping others. Many a missionary has been killed... I think 3 Americans got killed last year for distributing bibles.

But I definitely can sense your passion for your own views and understand that it is coming from a sincere heart.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you believe the bible is inerrant, correct ??..
Not necessarly.
.. the assumption that biblical truths are universally applicable ignores the variations and values of other cultures.
Christianity grows in India and China in spite of the variations and values.
The values evident in the bible are characteristic of pastoral and agrarian societies. The assumption that biblical values can and should be universally applied is a preconception that wreaked havoc in many societies that came under the influence of Christian missionaries ..
Havoc? Perhaps they stopped marrying their sisters or having sex with goats. Stopped war mongering. You are selective in your facts as usual. If it worked in Pagan Corinth it can work anywhere.
.. most of the Christians on this thread are not trained in anthropology or cultural sensitivity and never question the universality of biblical values or consider whether they are appropriate to a particular culture ..
Being a happy lesbo in a strict Muslem culture will probably get you killed.
.. not everyone thinks the bible is inerrant.
I can show the alleged errors but will not.
If you tried to explain your religious beliefs to natives living in the jungles of Borneo, you would be laughed at ..
And you know that how? They have the capacity to understand the basics. Bodily resurrection of Christ. Exclusive Savior of the world. Not that complicated.
.. sorry, the bible is not the end all. We can do better ..
Better that what? You must think ''we'' can save ourselves apart from risen Jesus. Create utopia right here? Good luck with that.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening to you bro. It's nice and very mature of you to share in the responsibility of the bad blood between you and le le, but I have seen you try to be courteous with her and she has responded back with one contineous onslaught post after another condemning you ( and myself as well ) while aI try to seek the way of peace by not responding to her too often, this whole thing essentially started like a few years back when I came to this thread and you followed very shortly thereafter, remember she first began attacking me over some tripe that happened on another thread and attacked you over conveying and sharing the gospel message in your own way and was among several accusing you of trying to take the thread over and control it.
Again it was nice of you to share in the uncivil diatribe going on between the two of you but I hold to what I said in my recent post to her.
Blessings.
Amen Bro... meh, just like a single gnat may bother me at a picnic temporarily... that is kind of how I view the situation. I'm still going to eat and do what I have to do... but I got this <<<swattt!>> >

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Luci in the sky, with diamonds ..
.. would you like to chat with Catcher & myself ??..
.. or, would you prefer Tide ??..
I'll chat to anyone as long as no abuse is involved. What shall we chat about? Cats? Geography? Science? Music? The weather, it's madness here, up North of where I live there's been a flood related death and 2 people are missing, I have friends there and the Army is involved now, a bit stressful.
Not sure Catcher is still speaking to me but I'm happy to get to know new people. I do love that song :)

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
The weather and me have always understood each other lol.Have a huge mountain in back yard love it when it rains cause rainbow shows up over mountain.Is something in all the seasons I wait for every year.October being my favorite month of the year.Honey said,earlier that your area had flooding I just throught he was pullin my chain like he does all the time,until you said you had flooded roads there.Hopefully the water will clear away soon for ya.Just a half of a chop thank you I am not a big eater more of a nibbler lol.God bless loveya too.Stay where it is safe.
I have no choice now, just stuffed up my car....prayers for the missing people would be appreciated :) I have a link if you're interested love.

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Amen... now I do know that there are other groups both secular and in other beliefs who may be doing the same thing
<quoted text>Yes.
<quoted text>Understood, in your own views I mean.
<quoted text>There pretty much just going on and acknowledging their genuine beliefs in what Jesus said, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
Perhaps Jesus is to blame?
<quoted text>I think their used to be a practice by the jesuits who would force people to accept Christ... or like in the Crusades or the Inquisition... For myself, I don't believe that missionaries goes to such extremes. My view is that they have compassion and have a particular gift of helping others. Many a missionary has been killed... I think 3 Americans got killed last year for distributing bibles.
But I definitely can sense your passion for your own views and understand that it is coming from a sincere heart.
I hope you don't mind me putting in my 2cents here, speaking of Missionaries, the School my boys go to was founded by the surviving members of the Staines family, Australian Missionaries in India, have a read if you're interested; about what they were doing for people in India before being set on fire;

http://ibsresources.org/articles/staines.shtm...

Even after this tragedy, surviving members returned to India and still work with the poor and take the Word of God to people who have never heard of Jesus. Goes to show the blinders people seem to wear sometimes.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
This is precisely why religions will always be divisive rather than unifying.
You will never be convinced that YOUR way is not the ONLY way, and if you know anything, you should at least know that you will never, EVER convince everybody.
Good Morning AB, I do think that you may be onto something which Jesus alluded to about not convincing everybody...

Jesus: "For many are invited, but FEW are chosen."

Jesus: "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a FEW find it.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Give up the idea that there can be only one way...YOUR way..
I guess the simple answer would be, "No?"
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
and you will no longer be a part of what divides this nation and this world.
Don't you see that when you tell me to "give up" my own views that you are also a part of that division process? But this is why Jesus came:

Jesus: "Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division."
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Losing the whole "you're going to hell to suffer for all eternity" thing wouldn't hurt, either.
That would be like me saying, "The big one (earthquake in Cali) is never going to happen". That wouldn't be a true statement either... though I don't know when, how, where (could happen in NYC or Arkansas).. or other specifics... but everyone knows that it's coming.

That's kinda how I feel about those who will never come to trust in Christ as their Savior... it's coming.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if you subscribe to that, but if you do, you need to cancel that subscription.
The truth is, people don't have to go to go there... Jesus cancelled the subscription of being lost forever for those who endure to the end in trusting Him.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning AB, can I get back with you on this fully at a later time?
As of now, I pretty much glanced over the scripture and the whole chapter.
It looks like it is talking about God's judgement for His people (that is, the Israelites when they came out of Egypt) who don't take heed to His commands under what we call the Law... also known as The Law of Moses. Looking back with 20/20 hindsight, eventually the people did forsake God from time to time during their history. They would adopt pagan customs from other nations (in that time) such as sacrificing their sons and daughters to false gods such as moloch and the rest... there is more to that situation and I can explain in more detail later if you don't mind.
Here are some scriptures on some of the things which got God angry and led Him to pronounce these judgements on them... but then they would cry out to God and God in His Mercy would take them back:
http://biblez.com/search.php...
@ AB... I saw that PW had later on answered this post so I digress to her views also on this particular matter...

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there Juice... Praise God. "I like being married and sometimes I don't like being married..." <--- Just messin' smile. I once heard a Pastor say that in the 1990s and it kind of took me surprise. But I understood what he was gettin' at... marriage is basically hard work, Amen?
I absolutely love that song... it's a true worship song for sure.
Amen Brother.

Lol...I love being married right now, might be because my hubby's been away for months.

1 Corinthians 7:26-28
I think that in view of the present distress it is good for a person to remain as he is. Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be free. Are you free from a wife? Do not seek a wife. But if you do marry, you have not sinned, and if a betrothed woman marries, she has not sinned. Yet those who marry will have worldly troubles, and I would spare you that.

That one says it all, I think.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no choice now, just stuffed up my car....prayers for the missing people would be appreciated :) I have a link if you're interested love.
Throw up that link asap I am interested.What do you mean you stuffed up my car????

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Throw up that link asap I am interested.What do you mean you stuffed up my car????
Oh well, one of my boys was still at Grandma's (in the Lockyer area) so even thought the BBQ was cancelled I tried to drive out there to get my boy as school's back on in 2 days and flooded my car, it's been towed out but there is some damage and now it's looking like my boy may miss the start of school.

Here's the link;

http://video.news.ninemsn.com.au/live/brisban...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Brother.
Lol...I love being married right now, might be because my hubby's been away for months.
1 Corinthians 7:26-28
I think that in view of the present distress it is good for a person to remain as he is. Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be free. Are you free from a wife? Do not seek a wife. But if you do marry, you have not sinned, and if a betrothed woman marries, she has not sinned. Yet those who marry will have worldly troubles, and I would spare you that.
That one says it all, I think.
lol, I kind of got the feeling that some people may be looking in and rolling their eyes thinking along the lines, "Marriage... Yuk!"

Praise God for providing the model of Adam and Eve.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good story, and glad to know you.
Same here Ians, God bless. Welcome to the thread.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Circular reasoning. It's a sin because the Bible says so. As I pointed out, there is no rational explanation for it.
<quoted text>
Actually, there is no objective evidence that the Hebrews were systematically enslaved by the Egyptians. But aside form that, the Bible certainly does not speak against *any* form of slavery. In fact, it describes how to sell your daughter into sexual slavery, and how you can beat a slave to death, as long as the slave doesn't die for two days.
So again, it's very hypocritical and inconsistent to say slavery is immoral when the Bible says otherwise, yet use the Bible to call homosexuality immoral. And especially when there is no logical rationale for bigotry toward gay people. At all.
<quoted text>
Seriously?
So how do you feel about polygamy then? Is that OK too?
<quoted text>
I see. So God has to tiptoe around human cultural norms. Well, considering we seem to agree that slavery is immoral now, and so are racism and sexism, I guess we can toss homophibia in the same trash can too, right?
Good Morning WR... I'll get back with you on this... eyelids getting heavy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 462,721 - 462,740 of598,778
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

420 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 716,800
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min WildWeirdWillie 171,466
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 min brown top 339
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 14 min vp joy 60
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 36,415
Teach your children to be LEERY of strangers 17 min Doctor REALITY 4
87% of White Women have slept with Black Men (Nov '09) 18 min jsmith 1,411
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Chess 530,173
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Buck Crick 223,253
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 45 min SimmerExtreme 64
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 255,735
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••