Why Should Jesus Love Me?
MalbarCACA Controller

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#480887 Jan 27, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll chat to anyone as long as no abuse is involved. What shall we chat about? Cats? Geography? Science? Music? The weather, it's madness here, up North of where I live there's been a flood related death and 2 people are missing, I have friends there and the Army is involved now, a bit stressful.
Not sure Catcher is still speaking to me but I'm happy to get to know new people. I do love that song :)
Is that so? No abuse, hey?

Go chat here AFRO BABOON:

JuicyLu who is she.... who was she....... where does she hang out?
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TC...
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#480888 Jan 27, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-not-sure-hed-allo... First,Obama says 'If I had a son,he'd look like Trayvon Martin'. Now he's saying if he had a son,he probably wouldn't let him play football because of the toll it takes on the body. It's OBVIOUS that not having a son is bothering Barack Obama. Why?? Because he wants to keep the 'new wrold order agenda' for America 'in the family'??

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#480889 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian versus Christian.
Very odd to the observer.
You rarely see that on the atheist threads. The Christians that go to those are fairly united.

But you rarely see the nice Christians there, either. This is really my first experience on a predominantly Christian thread. I hadn't seen three Christians I liked before this in over four years of posting. Al Garcia, Nettie, and Fossil Bob were about it.

This thread has at least four Christians that I like already, so it's probably giving me a truer look a cross-section of the kind of people that the church produces. It's really quite a dreadful assortment on the atheist threads - mostly the Dr. Shrink and Counter_Strike equivalents.

Fennario

#480890 Jan 27, 2013
That should have said. "I hadn't seen MORE THAN three Christians I liked before this."

Fennario

#480891 Jan 27, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Why we CAN NOT lose our salvation...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OG2o-d8nnBoXX
That doctrine is very threatening to the church. What use is it if once saved, always saved? By that reckoning, despite spending time arguing against the church and having not tithed to it in thirty-five years, I'm going to heaven. Obviously, the church would not support such a doctrine.

Of course, as a believer, your interest is in what your scriptures mean, not in which interpretation serves the priests most.

I believe that if we had a supremely moral sentient creator, we would need no saving, meaning that we were saved before we were born.

That's what I would do if I were god.(Please! nobody shriek at that. Counter_Strike - put down that chicken and cleaver).

Do you really want to worship a god that isn't even as generous as I am?

Incidentally, I already don't want to be worshiped even at this level of moral development. Give me that kind of knowledge and power, and I would be an even better person, not a worse one.

All that anger, condemnation and threatening that we see form the worst Christians on this thread is the mark of an inferior and more primitive ethic. And what we see from the best Christians here is simply more evolved, more thoughtful, more loving, more reasonable. You people would make fine gods as well.

I think that it's a good thing for Christians to consider ideas like these. And whose going to broach them to you if not one of us?

This is what is so dangerous to the church about the Internet. They can't keep us apart any more, nor shelter you from such ideas.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#480892 Jan 27, 2013
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview... If anyone should be BOOED,Sunday,when Ray Allen shows up in Boston with his new team,the Celtics' most hated Eastern Conference rival,the Miami Heat,it should be Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge. They're the ones who were trying to get rid of Ray Allen. And then when the deal fell through,all they could say was a cowardly,traitorous 'The deal fell through,Ray. Go on back to work'. So of course the Miami Heat picked up Allen to punish the Celtics management 'psychologically'. I wanna' eeif Garnettis ready to quit acting like spoiled brat and shake the man's hand today.

Fennario

#480893 Jan 27, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
GW
I don't trust any man interpreation of Bible.
all man are LIARS Psalm 116;11.31;22.Rom 3;4
And that is another threat to the church - you feeling free to interpret the scriptures as you like.

What do you need the church for if you can have a direct relationship to the god? The original church made itself indispensable by teaching only priests to read its few hand written bibles, and giving them the power to administer the necessary rites to enter heaven such as baptism, the eucharist, and last rites.

Public education and printing presses undermined this, Protestantism resulted, and the Catholic church lost a huge chunk of its political and social clout to a competing Christian strain.

Fennario

#480894 Jan 27, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
if you would travel around the world, you would see complete moral,spiritual and life degradation of all nations not only western capitalistic demonic greedy individuals eating only money from each single human.
trust my world wide travel experience as private person and inpast as misionary for many years as JW
"if you would travel around the world, you would see complete moral,spiritual and life degradation of all nations"

I wonder if I can get all of that on one of our demotivational embroidered throw pillows.

I don't trust your "world wide travel experience." In fact, I don't trust your judgment on anything. I've also traveled the world extensively, and disagree with you. People are basically trying to get along with one another and want to do the right thing when possible.

You're looking at our world through your Christian goggles again, which teaches you that man is evil, and that the world is much more corrupt and dangerous than it actually is. If you accept that worldview, you will have been cheated out of enjoying your stay here more. It really a wonderful world, but you have been taught to hate and fear it. You're taught to feel like an alien in your own world:

• "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." - 1 John 2:15

• "They are not of the world, even as I am not of it." - John 17:16

• "Do not conform to the pattern of this world" - Romans 12:2

You're also to be alienated to your family, like trifecta1:

• "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26

And finally, you are an alien being trapped temporarily in your own flesh:

• "For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want." - Galatians 5:16-18

• " For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh." - Philippians 3:2-4

This is all quite damaging.

Fennario

#480895 Jan 27, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosoper of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
To whom? The momentum seems to be going the other way.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#480896 Jan 27, 2013
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/obama-says-footb... Another attempt at 'control freak-ism' from the Chief Control Freak. He may as well forget it. Zealous aggression is just a part of football culture. But,yes,there are many players in football who act in ways that would have to be deemed 'criminal'. And officials are smart enough to know who's guilty,and what to do about. Just stick to politics,Obama. Guess next you'll try to tell Americans they can only have one baby,like they do in China,huh??! Folks in tha' hood ain't gone like that...

Fennario

#480897 Jan 27, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
“Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god’s infinite love.”- Bill Hicks
"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

"But He loves you." - George Carlin.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#480898 Jan 27, 2013
***MORNING***

“The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.”

~ Bertrand Russell

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#480899 Jan 27, 2013
Today's Prayer

I praise you Lord, for who you are; the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and the End, Savior and Lord, you're my best friend; Creator of all. Thank you for being my best friend forever. Thank you for being my heavenly Father, always present and always there for me. Thank you for being my sustainer and protector. And thank you for saving me and setting me upon the solid Rock--Jesus. In His name I pray. Amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#480900 Jan 27, 2013
Encouraging Words....

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

Colossians 3:15

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#480902 Jan 27, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well, one of my boys was still at Grandma's (in the Lockyer area) so even thought the BBQ was cancelled I tried to drive out there to get my boy as school's back on in 2 days and flooded my car, it's been towed out but there is some damage and now it's looking like my boy may miss the start of school.
Here's the link;
http://video.news.ninemsn.com.au/live/brisban...
I couldn't get your video to work...but I watched another one...My goodness that is bad.....You weren't the lady that they had to rescue...were you?.

Hope it calms down a little and starts going down...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#480903 Jan 27, 2013
Have a great SONday.....

God Bless

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#480904 Jan 27, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Lawest :) I hope you are well. I think you are right, I've only seen a few posts but it's blatantly obvious. I'm missing part of the story no doubt but having been rudely confronted by a complete stranger for liking someone's post says a lot to me about a person. I too apologised to no avail. I'm not sure why you bother with it but well said. Keep warm.
Blessings to you and yours dear Brother <3
You are correct there, you are missing more than a part of the story.
No matter though..
I have my reasons for not supporting their "ministry" here
on this thread..

I asked you what you thought was so great about a long
fictional story written by Q- to paint himslf a victim (yet again).
You my dear, responded rudely..Yet, I should somehow just fall in line w you because of a half wit apology?

As far as you being approached by a "stranger"- you realize this is an open forum? I have read some of your "work" around topix-
you have no problem responding to any posts that you may be for or against..
Wonder why the double standard?

Either way, you continue to post as you see fit,
and I will do the same..

Have fun.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#480905 Jan 27, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't get a fruit basket :'{
you will just have to make do with the delusion you were given

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#480906 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian versus Christian.
Very odd to the observer.
Not sure why it should seem so odd..

There are all different walks of life, and so many
different ideals and opinions..

To claim to be a Christian doesn't mean, to me, that I
now have to fall all over anyone else claiming that title..

I just have no use for a person claiming to be a christian, yet
if you do not believe it "his" way, you are bullied
and threatened.
And that is exactly what I come up against here with these two fellas.. my, they are good chameleons these days..hmmmm..
Yet, they have both threatened physical harm to others they
have been in debates with. All in the name of God..

It's like dealing with the religious right here in this counrty.
They want to be in your bedroom, they want to control who you Love- tell you how to live, raise your childrn, they want to suffocate you - all the time while clutching onto
their bibles and, now and again, hitting you over the head
with it- all in the name of God, mind you..

I have no problem, once in a while, trying my damnest to knock them off their selfmade, selfrighteous bully pulpits..
To me,their ministry isn't about God's Love- it's about self love..

- you prolly just got more than you bargained for..lol..
Sorry, just wanted to try and explain a little of where I am coming from..

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#480907 Jan 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You rarely see that on the atheist threads. The Christians that go to those are fairly united.
But you rarely see the nice Christians there, either. This is really my first experience on a predominantly Christian thread. I hadn't seen three Christians I liked before this in over four years of posting. Al Garcia, Nettie, and Fossil Bob were about it.
This thread has at least four Christians that I like already, so it's probably giving me a truer look a cross-section of the kind of people that the church produces. It's really quite a dreadful assortment on the atheist threads - mostly the Dr. Shrink and Counter_Strike equivalents.
You are not all that likable. I am sure there are non believers who post as obnoxious Christians. Game players.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr PadMark 673,073
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Sky Writer 31 184,617
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr Chris Rather 104,609
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 7 hr Chris Rather 2
Do women think men with blue eyes are more attr... (Dec '08) 7 hr Chris Rather 98
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 8 hr Rider on the Storm 4,049
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 9 hr Holy Child Jehova... 395
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 9 hr blkguylooking 471
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr Holy Child Jehova... 981,223
More from around the web