Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#480876 Jan 27, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Brother.
Lol...I love being married right now, might be because my hubby's been away for months.
1 Corinthians 7:26-28
I think that in view of the present distress it is good for a person to remain as he is. Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be free. Are you free from a wife? Do not seek a wife. But if you do marry, you have not sinned, and if a betrothed woman marries, she has not sinned. Yet those who marry will have worldly troubles, and I would spare you that.
That one says it all, I think.
lol, I kind of got the feeling that some people may be looking in and rolling their eyes thinking along the lines, "Marriage... Yuk!"

Praise God for providing the model of Adam and Eve.

#480877 Jan 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good story, and glad to know you.
Same here Ians, God bless. Welcome to the thread.

#480878 Jan 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Circular reasoning. It's a sin because the Bible says so. As I pointed out, there is no rational explanation for it.
<quoted text>
Actually, there is no objective evidence that the Hebrews were systematically enslaved by the Egyptians. But aside form that, the Bible certainly does not speak against *any* form of slavery. In fact, it describes how to sell your daughter into sexual slavery, and how you can beat a slave to death, as long as the slave doesn't die for two days.
So again, it's very hypocritical and inconsistent to say slavery is immoral when the Bible says otherwise, yet use the Bible to call homosexuality immoral. And especially when there is no logical rationale for bigotry toward gay people. At all.
<quoted text>
Seriously?
So how do you feel about polygamy then? Is that OK too?
<quoted text>
I see. So God has to tiptoe around human cultural norms. Well, considering we seem to agree that slavery is immoral now, and so are racism and sexism, I guess we can toss homophibia in the same trash can too, right?
Good Morning WR... I'll get back with you on this... eyelids getting heavy.

#480879 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on Kaepernick being superior, but Flacco is on a roll right now and, as you say, there's the Ray Lewis psychological/emotional factor.
I'm really torn, but OK, the geography makes sense. I'll take the 49ers.(But I reserve the right to change my mind if my heart pulls me toward the Ravens during the game--I lived in Baltimore four years by the way.
What you mean is... if the Ravens win you get bragging rights also... smile.

I took my family up there to the Baltimore Aquarium.. it was worth the trip. I think I was still in the Navy at the time.

#480880 Jan 27, 2013
Welp, time to head out... if I missed anyone's post I apologize... it's a fast moving thread sometimes. Have a good one and sending out a Rev study which I did earlier for anyone interested.

#480881 Jan 27, 2013
REVELATION Study

I. Rev 1:11 Part 9 (bridged with Rev 2:10)

"Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, SMYRNA..."

Rev 1______/TTTTTTTTTTTTT\______Re v 2

II. Jesus: "Do not be afraid of what you are about to SUFFER. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life." Rev 2:10

1. Suffer - As was stated earlier about a week ago concerning Church of Smyrna... Smyrna means "myrrh"... myrrh means "was bitter"... Myrrh sometimes is symbolic of "suffering" in the Bible. Now patience (or longSUFFERING), is one of the attributes of the fruit of the Spirit of God (Galatians 5:22-23) so if anyone would be godly in Christ Jesus they WILL go through some form of trial or tribulation because remaining faithful in trials helps to produce patience (or longsuffering James 1:23).

Myrrh was very expensive in those days and it had many uses. Speaking of expensive, I'm about to go on another tangent on the subject. There is, for example, a scripture that says "BUY the truth and sell it not".... and there is another scripture where Jesus gives a parable of the 10 virgins. In the former scripture, the truth is not easy to come by and in the latter, the five foolish virgins basically wanted to take the easy, less expensive road. Basically, the 5 wise virgins eventually tells the 5 foolish virgins to go BUY some oil for themselves. Salvation is free but at the same time it is not cheap. Some "less expensive road" doctrine examples (when fully embraced) are the teachings of The Prosperity Gospel, The Name It and Claim It Gospel and the Once Saved Always Saved Gospel to name a few. There are some trues taught in each of these examples but when the doctrines are fully embraced they become deceptions and trickeries. My point in the whole matter, myrrh was expensive due to it's pure and fine qualities. It speaks to suffering in Revelation here and suffering brings forth the virtue of patience when one is faithful. Patience is not cheap ...it is costly. Yielding the fruit of the Spirit is costly and if one genuinely follow Jesus it will cost them their very life - not always in a physical and material sense, but wholly. Jesus said that if you lose your life you will gain it.

All things godly are fine, expensive and of purest quality. You can't buy it with wealth and monies... and money is not what the "buy the truth and sell it not" scripture and the parable of the 10 virgins was talking about. Notice that Jesus tells this suffering church that He knows their poverty... but then He says that they were rich! What did Jesus mean when He said that they were rich?

Jesus: "I know your afflictions and your poverty--yet you are rich!"
Revelation 2:9

Continued...>>>

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480882 Jan 27, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well, one of my boys was still at Grandma's (in the Lockyer area) so even thought the BBQ was cancelled I tried to drive out there to get my boy as school's back on in 2 days and flooded my car, it's been towed out but there is some damage and now it's looking like my boy may miss the start of school.
Here's the link;
http://video.news.ninemsn.com.au/live/brisban...
The video pictures did not come in real clear over my internet but was able to listen to them talk of this.I hope your son and Mother are safe in this lockyer area.Stay on high ground if possible.Thoses rolling waters can take a car like a twig in a creek.(Tis dangerous)Been there done that.Hope you are safe now even if the car has damage.I tuck you and all in my prayers once again.Thanks for the link stay safe hope this storm moves on fast.
God bless.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480883 Jan 27, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well, one of my boys was still at Grandma's (in the Lockyer area) so even thought the BBQ was cancelled I tried to drive out there to get my boy as school's back on in 2 days and flooded my car, it's been towed out but there is some damage and now it's looking like my boy may miss the start of school.
Here's the link;
http://video.news.ninemsn.com.au/live/brisban...
Hey J;

Are the your other two sons with you???? Are they safe do you know???

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#480884 Jan 27, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I missed this as I was rushing out yesterday... Creationism (science and Christianity) as opposed to Evolution. There are many well-respected scientists within the scientific community that believe in Creationism... Lordwilling, I can send a list later. If not for you then for those who might be interested.
Creationism is no more of a scientific theory than astrology. It has the same amount of evidence in its support - none - and has contributed just as little to our ability to explain, predict or manipulate reality to our benefit.

The physicists have used scientific theory to get us to the moon. We manipulate matter with it. They also predicted the Higgs boson and told us where to look for it, where it was found.

Medical science has given us the polio vaccine. We prevent a virus from crippling us. Biologists are synthesizing DNA de novo and creating new life forms.

Creationism can do nothing like this, just as astrology cannot.

And so called "Creation science" was declared "religion," and deemed inappropriate for science curricula in the Edwards v. Aguillard decision of 1987. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwards_v._Aguil...

"In support of Aguillard, 72 Nobel prize-winning scientists, 17 state academies of science, and seven other scientific organizations filed amicus briefs which described creation science as being composed of religious tenets."

It was repackaged as intelligent design, and shot down again in Kitzmiller v. Dover Board. Fromhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wi ki/Kitzmiller_v._Dover_Area_Sc hool_District

"the religious nature of ID [intelligent design] would be readily apparent to an objective observer, adult or child. The evidence at trial demonstrates that ID is nothing less than the progeny of creationism"

Creationism is religion, not science, and is based in faith, not experiment or observation.

Fennario

#480885 Jan 27, 2013
Anybody interested:

Please consider taking a survey at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... . This is what you will see there:

If you were wrong about religion, would you want to know? Click on an option to vote

• Yes (nonbeliever)
• Yes (believer)
• No (nonbeliever)
• No (believer)
• Not Sure (nonbeliever)
• Not Sure (believer)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#480886 Jan 27, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>Hey J;

Are the your other two sons with you???? Are they safe do you know???
My other two are with me, yes we are safe at home with no power so I'm on my phone, boys went to sleep. Just one is with my in laws, he's grandmas boy and wanted to do more swimming. Thank you for your prayers <3
MalbarCACA Controller

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#480887 Jan 27, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll chat to anyone as long as no abuse is involved. What shall we chat about? Cats? Geography? Science? Music? The weather, it's madness here, up North of where I live there's been a flood related death and 2 people are missing, I have friends there and the Army is involved now, a bit stressful.
Not sure Catcher is still speaking to me but I'm happy to get to know new people. I do love that song :)
Is that so? No abuse, hey?

Go chat here AFRO BABOON:

JuicyLu who is she.... who was she....... where does she hang out?
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TC...
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#480888 Jan 27, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-not-sure-hed-allo... First,Obama says 'If I had a son,he'd look like Trayvon Martin'. Now he's saying if he had a son,he probably wouldn't let him play football because of the toll it takes on the body. It's OBVIOUS that not having a son is bothering Barack Obama. Why?? Because he wants to keep the 'new wrold order agenda' for America 'in the family'??

Fennario

#480889 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian versus Christian.
Very odd to the observer.
You rarely see that on the atheist threads. The Christians that go to those are fairly united.

But you rarely see the nice Christians there, either. This is really my first experience on a predominantly Christian thread. I hadn't seen three Christians I liked before this in over four years of posting. Al Garcia, Nettie, and Fossil Bob were about it.

This thread has at least four Christians that I like already, so it's probably giving me a truer look a cross-section of the kind of people that the church produces. It's really quite a dreadful assortment on the atheist threads - mostly the Dr. Shrink and Counter_Strike equivalents.

Fennario

#480890 Jan 27, 2013
That should have said. "I hadn't seen MORE THAN three Christians I liked before this."

Fennario

#480891 Jan 27, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Why we CAN NOT lose our salvation...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OG2o-d8nnBoXX
That doctrine is very threatening to the church. What use is it if once saved, always saved? By that reckoning, despite spending time arguing against the church and having not tithed to it in thirty-five years, I'm going to heaven. Obviously, the church would not support such a doctrine.

Of course, as a believer, your interest is in what your scriptures mean, not in which interpretation serves the priests most.

I believe that if we had a supremely moral sentient creator, we would need no saving, meaning that we were saved before we were born.

That's what I would do if I were god.(Please! nobody shriek at that. Counter_Strike - put down that chicken and cleaver).

Do you really want to worship a god that isn't even as generous as I am?

Incidentally, I already don't want to be worshiped even at this level of moral development. Give me that kind of knowledge and power, and I would be an even better person, not a worse one.

All that anger, condemnation and threatening that we see form the worst Christians on this thread is the mark of an inferior and more primitive ethic. And what we see from the best Christians here is simply more evolved, more thoughtful, more loving, more reasonable. You people would make fine gods as well.

I think that it's a good thing for Christians to consider ideas like these. And whose going to broach them to you if not one of us?

This is what is so dangerous to the church about the Internet. They can't keep us apart any more, nor shelter you from such ideas.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#480892 Jan 27, 2013
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview... If anyone should be BOOED,Sunday,when Ray Allen shows up in Boston with his new team,the Celtics' most hated Eastern Conference rival,the Miami Heat,it should be Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge. They're the ones who were trying to get rid of Ray Allen. And then when the deal fell through,all they could say was a cowardly,traitorous 'The deal fell through,Ray. Go on back to work'. So of course the Miami Heat picked up Allen to punish the Celtics management 'psychologically'. I wanna' eeif Garnettis ready to quit acting like spoiled brat and shake the man's hand today.

Fennario

#480893 Jan 27, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
GW
I don't trust any man interpreation of Bible.
all man are LIARS Psalm 116;11.31;22.Rom 3;4
And that is another threat to the church - you feeling free to interpret the scriptures as you like.

What do you need the church for if you can have a direct relationship to the god? The original church made itself indispensable by teaching only priests to read its few hand written bibles, and giving them the power to administer the necessary rites to enter heaven such as baptism, the eucharist, and last rites.

Public education and printing presses undermined this, Protestantism resulted, and the Catholic church lost a huge chunk of its political and social clout to a competing Christian strain.

Fennario

#480894 Jan 27, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
if you would travel around the world, you would see complete moral,spiritual and life degradation of all nations not only western capitalistic demonic greedy individuals eating only money from each single human.
trust my world wide travel experience as private person and inpast as misionary for many years as JW
"if you would travel around the world, you would see complete moral,spiritual and life degradation of all nations"

I wonder if I can get all of that on one of our demotivational embroidered throw pillows.

I don't trust your "world wide travel experience." In fact, I don't trust your judgment on anything. I've also traveled the world extensively, and disagree with you. People are basically trying to get along with one another and want to do the right thing when possible.

You're looking at our world through your Christian goggles again, which teaches you that man is evil, and that the world is much more corrupt and dangerous than it actually is. If you accept that worldview, you will have been cheated out of enjoying your stay here more. It really a wonderful world, but you have been taught to hate and fear it. You're taught to feel like an alien in your own world:

• "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." - 1 John 2:15

• "They are not of the world, even as I am not of it." - John 17:16

• "Do not conform to the pattern of this world" - Romans 12:2

You're also to be alienated to your family, like trifecta1:

• "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26

And finally, you are an alien being trapped temporarily in your own flesh:

• "For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want." - Galatians 5:16-18

• " For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh." - Philippians 3:2-4

This is all quite damaging.

Fennario

#480895 Jan 27, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosoper of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
To whom? The momentum seems to be going the other way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min truth 43,925
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Steve 638,082
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Bongo 30,137
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min MUQ2 280,526
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 45 min truth 269
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 57 min truth 181,965
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr macumazahn 968,910
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr An NFL Fan 38,053
More from around the web