Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#480846 Jan 26, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, I have always believed so, in regards to Baugin even his contemporaries knew little of him, naturally when such a thing arises it leads to slander and gossip.
Wonderful! A little post-mortem gossip may be enjoyed without guilt, wouldn't you say? And it makes the reading more exciting.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#480847 Jan 26, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. Beautiful Qu, thanks for posting it. Even though we are both happily married for ages to other people, I just had to fawn over you yet again, LOL>
Blessings <3
Hey there Juice... Praise God. "I like being married and sometimes I don't like being married..." <--- Just messin' smile. I once heard a Pastor say that in the 1990s and it kind of took me surprise. But I understood what he was gettin' at... marriage is basically hard work, Amen?

I absolutely love that song... it's a true worship song for sure.

#480848 Jan 26, 2013
Hey Everybody, that post in which I replied to Adam about hell, the lake of fire and such... that's what I believe regarding that particular subject. I'm not trying as such to offend anyone on that regard. I'm putting that out there so at least you know what I truly believe regarding that particular subject.

I do know that some Christians and other non-Christians don't believe the way I do.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#480849 Jan 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some bad news.
Hiding got away.
...and I got away with her.
We're VERY busy.
.. that's impossible. She's locked in my trunk ..

#480850 Jan 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you believe the bible is inerrant, correct ??..
Good Morning HL... no, I'm actually possibly one of the few believers who believe that there are errors contained in the bible. For myself, The more I studied the scriptures, the more I looked at the Bible as a Raw Diamond, for lack of a better phrase... It doesn't look like a finished diamond but the diamond is in there, so to speak. One has to be careful in getting to the finished product. There's a lot more to that story.

An example would be how they substituted Easter for Passover in the bible. Easter in it's original form is nothing compared to Passover. The RCC back in those days just wanted to make peace and compromise with the pagans in order to bring them into the RCC. Catholic means "universal" by the way. Those Christians and pagans who did not join the RCC were deemed heretics.

So anyways, that's one example.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#480851 Jan 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful! A little post-mortem gossip may be enjoyed without guilt, wouldn't you say? And it makes the reading more exciting.
Bonsoir mon ami, I would not know the answer to this question. I believe in facts not speculation nor opinions as a historian. I do have another favorite of mine it is another still life the painter of this one is Dutch and lived to be eighty six years of age, but a female which in the Netherlands was rare in fact there were only three. Her name is Rachel Ruysch. She was born in 1664 and died in 1750. It was said that her style of painting was out of fashion. In contrast to Vermeer she works with darkness and shadow. Here is one of her more famous paintings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RRuysch.jpg

I am going to change it for the last time. Part of the problem it is said with someone like me is that in regards to paintings I cannot choose just one. They are all beautiful and unique in their own way. This painting hangs in our livingroom I did it from memory after visiting the Hague. My private collection is not for sale.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#480852 Jan 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. that's impossible. She's locked in my trunk ..
Hey. It's a big trunk.

:)

Hermosa Beach, CA

#480853 Jan 26, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, I would not know the answer to this question. I believe in facts not speculation nor opinions as a historian. I do have another favorite of mine it is another still life the painter of this one is Dutch and lived to be eighty six years of age, but a female which in the Netherlands was rare in fact there were only three. Her name is Rachel Ruysch. She was born in 1664 and died in 1750. It was said that her style of painting was out of fashion. In contrast to Vermeer she works with darkness and shadow. Here is one of her more famous paintings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RRuysch.jpg
I am going to change it for the last time. Part of the problem it is said with someone like me is that in regards to paintings I cannot choose just one. They are all beautiful and unique in their own way. This painting hangs in our livingroom I did it from memory after visiting the Hague. My private collection is not for sale.
I don't know of her, but she clearly is one of those very talented, Northern European still life painters who have left us their beautiful works. At a museum, I often find myself focusing on a single grape, or fig. If you look carefully, some have little bugs of various sorts scattered about.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#480854 Jan 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning HL... no, I'm actually possibly one of the few believers who believe that there are errors contained in the bible. For myself, The more I studied the scriptures, the more I looked at the Bible as a Raw Diamond, for lack of a better phrase... It doesn't look like a finished diamond but the diamond is in there, so to speak. One has to be careful in getting to the finished product. There's a lot more to that story.
An example would be how they substituted Easter for Passover in the bible. Easter in it's original form is nothing compared to Passover. The RCC back in those days just wanted to make peace and compromise with the pagans in order to bring them into the RCC. Catholic means "universal" by the way. Those Christians and pagans who did not join the RCC were deemed heretics.
So anyways, that's one example.
Bonsoir Qu, Sora and I have been to many passovers. In regards to your thoughts I see your point.

#480855 Jan 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think my reply in my previous post may have negated some of the other things mentioned in your post but I'll try and respond.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the assumption that biblical truths are universally applicable ignores the variations and values of other cultures.
"A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son grief to his mother." Proverbs 10:1... that's a universal example.

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
The values evident in the bible are characteristic of pastoral and agrarian societies. The assumption that biblical values can and should be universally applied is a preconception that wreaked havoc in many societies that came under the influence of Christian missionaries ..
IMHO, it wasn't necessarily the Christian missionaries... let's say in the case of the Inca's and Aztecs... it was the European armies and governmental greed that came along with them. The lust for gold, land, etc... and they brought sicknesses from Europe also. But when Christian missionaries go on their own with support of a church group or a kind benefactor... it's all for the good. That kind of reminds me to list some good works that missionaries are doing all over the world. I did that a few months ago and got side tracked into doing something else.

#480856 Jan 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. most of the Christians on this thread are not trained in anthropology or cultural sensitivity and never question the universality of biblical values or consider whether they are appropriate to a particular culture ..
It is true that I'm not an anthropologist... I do agree with those anthropologists who believe that we all have come through a common ancestor though. I saw a show of how a scientist (secular) chased down the origin of mankind by taking samples of DNA from various groups of people all over the world... in that, it had showed him migration patterns and it had led him back to a tribe in africa. I forget the name of the tribe but they had chinese eyes, high cheekbones, straight-nose... they were not totally darkskinned... anyways, I thought it was interesting. One of those Nova or Natgeo shows.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#480857 Jan 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>IMHO, it wasn't necessarily the Christian missionaries... let's say in the case of the Inca's and Aztecs... it was the European armies and governmental greed that came along with them. The lust for gold, land, etc... and they brought sicknesses from Europe also. But when Christian missionaries go on their own with support of a church group or a kind benefactor... it's all for the good. That kind of reminds me to list some good works that missionaries are doing all over the world. I did that a few months ago and got side tracked into doing something else.
Yes, very good social work, to be commended.

But part of the missionaries' "mission" is to convert.

That, for me, is unacceptable. It is arrogant, it is deceptive, and it benefits from the missionaries' position of greater economic power, education, and influence.

The missionary is Santa Claus. But unlike the real Santa, but not unlike the lobbyists in Washington, D.C., he extracts a price for his gifts: you have to turn your soul over to him and his god.

#480858 Jan 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. not everyone thinks the bible is inerrant. If you tried to explain your religious beliefs to natives living in the jungles of Borneo, you would be laughed at ..
First time I ever heard of Borneo... thanks for sharing that as I like to learn of other cultures. But yeah, I'm sure that is true. That is why it would probaly take a Borneoin (?) to receive salvation through some kind of providence in order to share it with his own people because he knows how they think... just like it would be easier for a former drug addict to minister to another drug addict to help get him off those drugs. That isn't always the case but that's what I've seen and was impressed with the "before and after" testimonies.

It reminds me of an Ethiopian who was away from that country and a disciple named Philip ministered unto him. The Ethiopian got baptized, received Jesus as his Lord and Savior... and took the the gospel to his own people. Or just like ex-gays who gave their own testimonies and experience... and they turned back around to not forget where they had come from to minister to "those gays who want to" leave homosexuality.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#480859 Jan 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The next stage in social evolution should correct most of the inequalities in the world.
Do you think human society is improving, or degrading?
Degrading.

#480860 Jan 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. sorry, the bible is not the end all. We can do better ..
We have some different perspectives on that but for the most part I would agree with you... My perspective on doing better is that it is better to hear and to do Jesus' Words than to just to hear about Jesus' Words and not do. I sometimes fall short on the former but God's workin' on it. Smile.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#480861 Jan 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Serah ..
.. Catcher & I would like to chat with you someday ..
.. when would you be available ??..
When Waldorf finds his forever home?

#480862 Jan 26, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Qu, Sora and I have been to many passovers. In regards to your thoughts I see your point.
Bonsoir Sora... after midnight does it become Bonjour or because it is night we still say Bonsoir?

That must've been a rich experience.. I know the origin of it and learned some of it but I have never been to one. As a teen I worked for a jewish pharmacist in a very orthodoxed Jewish neighborhood... but in my youth, I didn't realize how rich that particular experience was until recent.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480863 Jan 26, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good you're having fun with it. The weather here is insane, now roads are flooded and I can't got to a family BBQ I was rather looking forward to. Want a chop?
Love ya LW God Bless <3
The weather and me have always understood each other lol.Have a huge mountain in back yard love it when it rains cause rainbow shows up over mountain.Is something in all the seasons I wait for every year.October being my favorite month of the year.Honey said,earlier that your area had flooding I just throught he was pullin my chain like he does all the time,until you said you had flooded roads there.Hopefully the water will clear away soon for ya.Just a half of a chop thank you I am not a big eater more of a nibbler lol.God bless loveya too.Stay where it is safe.

#480864 Jan 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, very good social work, to be commended.
Amen... now I do know that there are other groups both secular and in other beliefs who may be doing the same thing
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But part of the missionaries' "mission" is to convert.
Yes.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That, for me, is unacceptable.
Understood, in your own views I mean.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is arrogant, it is deceptive, and it benefits from the missionaries' position of greater economic power, education, and influence.
There pretty much just going on and acknowledging their genuine beliefs in what Jesus said, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"

Perhaps Jesus is to blame?
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The missionary is Santa Claus. But unlike the real Santa, but not unlike the lobbyists in Washington, D.C., he extracts a price for his gifts: you have to turn your soul over to him and his god.
I think their used to be a practice by the jesuits who would force people to accept Christ... or like in the Crusades or the Inquisition... For myself, I don't believe that missionaries goes to such extremes. My view is that they have compassion and have a particular gift of helping others. Many a missionary has been killed... I think 3 Americans got killed last year for distributing bibles.

But I definitely can sense your passion for your own views and understand that it is coming from a sincere heart.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#480865 Jan 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarly.
.. the assumption that biblical truths are universally applicable ignores the variations and values of other cultures.
Christianity grows in India and China in spite of the variations and values.
The values evident in the bible are characteristic of pastoral and agrarian societies. The assumption that biblical values can and should be universally applied is a preconception that wreaked havoc in many societies that came under the influence of Christian missionaries ..
Havoc? Perhaps they stopped marrying their sisters or having sex with goats. Stopped war mongering. You are selective in your facts as usual. If it worked in Pagan Corinth it can work anywhere.
.. most of the Christians on this thread are not trained in anthropology or cultural sensitivity and never question the universality of biblical values or consider whether they are appropriate to a particular culture ..
Being a happy lesbo in a strict Muslem culture will probably get you killed.
.. not everyone thinks the bible is inerrant.
I can show the alleged errors but will not.
If you tried to explain your religious beliefs to natives living in the jungles of Borneo, you would be laughed at ..
And you know that how? They have the capacity to understand the basics. Bodily resurrection of Christ. Exclusive Savior of the world. Not that complicated.
.. sorry, the bible is not the end all. We can do better ..
Better that what? You must think ''we'' can save ourselves apart from risen Jesus. Create utopia right here? Good luck with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Just Think 673,361
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 1 hr Garry K 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr paranoidtrump 981,351
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr RiversideRedneck 104,793
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Sky Writer 31 184,625
crooks frauds predators 6 hr Jedimaster of All 2
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 6 hr Jedimaster of All 9
More from around the web