Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#480669 Jan 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. religious beliefs concerning homosexuality are from a bygone age that refuses to die or succumb to reason, an assertion of blind faith in the face of overwhelming contrary evidence ..
.. as AIN always says, "We can do better." ..
I do agree with you and AIN that we can do better but then again... that concept is relative to an individual basis or group perspectives (or somewhere in between). I can do better as a Christian, I can do better in my biblical studies, I can do better in engaging others as a Christian... I can do better on my job things of that sort. Like being that you are a proud member of the LGBT community, the 'we can do better' concept would work for you based on your own motives and criterias. Together as a nation, we can do better in getting people back to work yadda yadda.

I'm submitting this article from Jama (and they use to provide the whole article free of charge).... it's a well-regarded medicalzine and their view would seem ancient by 2day's standards... nevertheless they never took it off the books. Why? It only shows the first to 2nd paragraphs but you may get the gist of their view.... I'm not sending this to get you upset at all but just to show an outside source from the bible. I would like to know your take on this other than it is an article from 1970?

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx...

#480671 Jan 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, ok. That works then. No one can deny you these important spiritual experiences in your life.
Thanks. I was here before, but I left since everyone was so nice and I felt like I was intruding.
The only thing I ask, of thinking, moral people of any religion, is that they don't pretend their way is the only way. Lots of other people with differing religions and spritiualities live on this planet, too, so it's immoral to forcefit them into any one religion.
Good Morning HL... nice to meet you. I do remember seeing you around Topix but I don't recall if we ever posted to each other before.

I do understand that it can be frustrating when Christians, such as myself says that Jesus is the only way. Though I was christened in the Catholic Church as a child and came from Catholic parents... I still went through my own doubts, rebellion and frustrations... questioning everything... I also at one time believed that there were many ways to God. So anyways, why do (some of us) keep saying that then, that our way is the only way? Muslims do the same thing.

Speaking for myself, I would say that I have come to the point in my life where I genuinely and wholeheartedly believe this particular message of Christ... that no one can come to the Father without going through Him. There's more to that situation of course. I'm just explaining my view.

From many a perspective, I would agree with you that many consider it immoral to say such a thing... that Jesus is the only way. From my perspective, as a Christian... I would say not mentioning that would be a selfish act on my part and would be immoral. But I do understand how you feel on the issue... been there.

#480672 Jan 26, 2013
Hey Le le,

Good Morning to you. Here is a beautiful poem by Mary Stevenson.

"One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
‘You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?’

The Lord replied,
‘The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you.’ "

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#480673 Jan 26, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
dito
Tragic but true...
How are you my friend?
Cold! <smile>

Are you some place warm ?

<hugs>

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#480674 Jan 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Idiocy ~ referencing a third world in our one world world.
It is a technical term, not an insult.

#480675 Jan 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you name a single science that includes religion in its theoretical framework?
Sorry, I missed this as I was rushing out yesterday... Creationism (science and Christianity) as opposed to Evolution. There are many well-respected scientists within the scientific community that believe in Creationism... Lordwilling, I can send a list later. If not for you then for those who might be interested.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#480676 Jan 26, 2013
Mercy Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
High Five My Friend.....
Hopefully some day I'll walk in AND SEE THIS PLACE AS IT WAS THE FIRST DAY i ENTERED.
sCROLLING IS GREAT...
lATER LeLe
Can't stand the heat, eh?

I think we've discovered your hell.

You will be surrounded by rational people.

#480677 Jan 26, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure I understand, lol, I don't see ahead if that's what you mean, I think that God does.
<3
Apologize for not getting back with you also on this... regarding HFN's message (doing God's Will even if one doesn't understand and has many questions) and your message about the blind man in the snow... the common theme that I got out of it is that we "walk by faith and not by sight"...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#480678 Jan 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I missed this as I was rushing out yesterday... Creationism (science and Christianity) as opposed to Evolution. There are many well-respected scientists within the scientific community that believe in Creationism... Lordwilling, I can send a list later. If not for you then for those who might be interested.
ROFL!

I was going to say that as a joke.

But then I figured SOMEBODY would bring it up as a serious response.

Thank you.
Dr Shrink

United States

#480679 Jan 26, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>
NAWH! NoT my EAR!
Mah BUNG-HOLE BoY mah Bung-HOLE!!
And Hey LOOk-ee , I SHAVED!
Dr Shrink likey!
Dr Shrink

United States

#480680 Jan 26, 2013
I love all-men orgies

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#480681 Jan 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Very true... now speaking on my own behalf, my views are such because my absolute truth is mainly based on the Bible... that is why I believe that way and vote a certain way, for example. And of course you already know that others absolute truth is not the Bible but in other beliefs so I can understand why others discount the scriptures. My main contention is the fact that I actually did try to put my shoes and understand gay christians, a lesbian minister and other homosexual pastors views. But as they explained their views on scriptures regarding homosexuality... what I saw is that they were really attempting to explain away some pretty clear scriptures homosexuality. In saying this, I think I have to explain that I'm not focused on homosexuality entirely... it simply just happens to be the hot discussion topic of time since everyone is coming out of the closet and it is being accepted more and more in a declining judeo-christian society such as ours. I'm caught up in the mix. Now when I did try to understand LGBT views concerning the Bible... what I actually witnessed was they kept saying, "that's not what that means" but it was right there in black and white. To me that would be on the same level of a hetero pastor who is cheating on his wife and then try to use scripture to justify it or saying, "That's not what that means".
Would you explain what this means then. It's there in black and white.

"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." -- Leviticus 26:29
Dr Shrink

United States

#480682 Jan 26, 2013
What is gayer than Richard Simmons at a Justin Bieber concert? Me.
Dr Shrink

United States

#480683 Jan 26, 2013
God, I love the salami!

#480684 Jan 26, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you might find this interesting:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CIw6ngIqaD0XX
Good Morning Jack, I remember watching it as you sent it a couple months ago.

Hope you're doing well... almost slid off the road yesterday with the freezing rain. That car (we've discussed) handles well Praise God. It felt like it was going into some kind of anti-skid action.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#480685 Jan 26, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not gay
my Sviour is Yeshu ah Ha Massi Yah
you are gay and your saviour only from Aids and Hiv IS DOCTOR AND PILLS
and learn basic english you cretin,instead twist someone english foreign symantics
you f.....g stupid low educated clown
why you abomnable s..... respond to me anyway?????
Funny shit.loL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480686 Jan 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That sort of sucked for him, then, hey?
What you doin there back on my fruit bowl post.
I done shared with you once and now you're back again
for more.You're as bad as that hummingbird got sample
all the flowers.lol

Depends on how one thinks of that sort of thing.
Your thinkin it might have sucked for him.
However He might have kissed the vessel goodbye
and caught another mode of travel.Ya think.

#480687 Jan 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you explain what this means then. It's there in black and white.
"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." -- Leviticus 26:29
Good Morning AB, can I get back with you on this fully at a later time?

As of now, I pretty much glanced over the scripture and the whole chapter.

It looks like it is talking about God's judgement for His people (that is, the Israelites when they came out of Egypt) who don't take heed to His commands under what we call the Law... also known as The Law of Moses. Looking back with 20/20 hindsight, eventually the people did forsake God from time to time during their history. They would adopt pagan customs from other nations (in that time) such as sacrificing their sons and daughters to false gods such as moloch and the rest... there is more to that situation and I can explain in more detail later if you don't mind.

Here are some scriptures on some of the things which got God angry and led Him to pronounce these judgements on them... but then they would cry out to God and God in His Mercy would take them back:

http://biblez.com/search.php...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#480688 Jan 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning HL... nice to meet you. I do remember seeing you around Topix but I don't recall if we ever posted to each other before.
I do understand that it can be frustrating when Christians, such as myself says that Jesus is the only way. Though I was christened in the Catholic Church as a child and came from Catholic parents... I still went through my own doubts, rebellion and frustrations... questioning everything... I also at one time believed that there were many ways to God. So anyways, why do (some of us) keep saying that then, that our way is the only way? Muslims do the same thing.
Speaking for myself, I would say that I have come to the point in my life where I genuinely and wholeheartedly believe this particular message of Christ... that no one can come to the Father without going through Him. There's more to that situation of course. I'm just explaining my view.
From many a perspective, I would agree with you that many consider it immoral to say such a thing... that Jesus is the only way. From my perspective, as a Christian... I would say not mentioning that would be a selfish act on my part and would be immoral. But I do understand how you feel on the issue... been there.
This is precisely why religions will always be divisive rather than unifying.

You will never be convinced that YOUR way is not the ONLY way, and if you know anything, you should at least know that you will never, EVER convince everybody.

Give up the idea that there can be only one way...YOUR way...and you will no longer be a part of what divides this nation and this world.

Losing the whole "you're going to hell to suffer for all eternity" thing wouldn't hurt, either.

Not sure if you subscribe to that, but if you do, you need to cancel that subscription.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480689 Jan 26, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you are covering quite a lot of interesting notes. You studying Lil Sister?
Tis good to see you again Pw,awee just tracing the footnotes of time.No not studying.The door had fallin leaves that layed in front of it.I cleaned away the leaves and turned the knob once more to feel the wind that bloweth the sweet reminders of time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min here 37,100
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 min DENG 38,284
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min trifecta1 969,764
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min Steve III 640,979
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min good advice 44,251
NASA's MORONIC "theory" on the origions of life... 54 min Doctor REALITY 1
Mexicunn men in America r punk zza beechizz!! 57 min Doctor REALITY 13
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 280,834
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 104,540
More from around the web