Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#480606 Jan 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. they fail to grasp the Carpenter's message ..
I agree..
What do you thing Jesus' message was??

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#480607 Jan 25, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
What do you mean by "we", Catcher1??
We who aren't captive to religious dogma.

We who are willing to think for ourselves to decide how to make the world a better place.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#480608 Jan 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We who are willing to think for ourselves to decide how to make the world a better place.
I agree with you.
I wish there was a way to start the wheels spinning
to make our world a better place..

I am afraid there might not be enough passion left
in our world to change any tide towards people loving
one another more than themselves..

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#480609 Jan 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Will that disclude war and space travel in the thoughts and plans for a better world for all?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#480610 Jan 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which occurs with and without religion(s). Agreed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#480611 Jan 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Will that disclude war and space travel in the thoughts and plans for a better world for all?
What is your problem with space travel ?

Afraid we might hit Jesus with a rocket ?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#480612 Jan 25, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree..
What do you thing Jesus' message was??
Just the (2) things(with (1) prerequisite). That's all that's important...If ya kin do that, the rest is all covered.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480613 Jan 25, 2013
Anthropoid clay coffins.

The Egyptains and Philstines sometimes buried their dead in large clay storage jars.The top third or half of the jar was cut away so that the body could be inserted and the top was then replaced.Over the face a rough and somewhat grotesque likeness of the deceased was molded in the clay.

Location hidden

#480614 Jan 25, 2013
Royal Tombs.

The Bible mentions the burial of many of Judah's kings.The earliest Kings were buried in City of David and later ones were buried outside the city.Numerous rock-cut caves exist today that may have been theses early tombs,and the later ones were identified in the 1980s in two magnificent burial cave complexes north of the Old City of Jerusalen.

#480615 Jan 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your problem with space travel ?
Afraid we might hit Jesus with a rocket ?
We are Earthlings and there are starving people that the world united could feed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#480616 Jan 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the (2) things(with (1) prerequisite). That's all that's important...If ya kin do that, the rest is all covered.
"These things are so simple a child can understand them, however, impossible to put into perfect practice." - Chuang Tzu 500BC

“Love much, trust none”

There

#480617 Jan 25, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Royal Tombs.
The Bible mentions the burial of many of Judah's kings...
Burial was not a Hebrew practice. They used tombs and ossuaries.

Another error in the English translations.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#480618 Jan 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>We are Earthlings and there are starving people that the world united could feed.
Then feed them.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#480620 Jan 25, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Luciana, I believe I shall stick with this avatar. It is a painting called La Grande Odalisque by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres. What do you think?
Bonsoir Seraphine, I can't see your avatar at the moment, it's blank but I'm sure it will be lovely :)

Location hidden

#480621 Jan 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. I agree O wise Pirate <3

Location hidden

#480622 Jan 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"These things are so simple a child can understand them, however, impossible to put into perfect practice." - Chuang Tzu 500BC
Sad but true.
<3

#480623 Jan 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then feed them.
Indeed, when planning for a better place for all, as in the posting I replied to, feeding them would be at the top of the list.

Location hidden

#480624 Jan 25, 2013
The bones of criminal.

The bones of a man named Yehohanan who was excuted by crucifixion was discovered in 1968 in a ossuary in northeastern Jerusalem.One of the date to the New Testament period.One of the victim's heel bones was pierced by an iorn nail,five and half inches long,with traces of wood still attached.His forearm bone had what may have been a nail mark in it and his lower legs had been shattered with an ax.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#480625 Jan 25, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
it's not like you never had it explained to you countless times before you came to this thread.
Explain what? Who's asking for your explanation of anything?
Counter_Strike wrote:
You all don't come in here looking for an explanation
Bingo!

I'm not looking for any answers from you. The only questions I recall asking you were what you preferred to be called since you denied being a Christian, and "what has [the church] produced of value that couldn't be done as well or better without it?" You refused to answer them both.

I also asked trifecta if he was "one of those people that calls beliefs like mine a religion, or who calls evidence based belief faith" and got crickets again.
Counter_Strike wrote:
do not think for a second that Yahweh (barack be He) will not defend His name one day of Judgment
Actually, I do think that. Your god is indistinguishable from nonexistent.

You like explaining, right? Answer me this. What would be different about the world if Yahweh had died or gone away centuries ago?
Counter_Strike wrote:
You will all bow down and worship the beast who will be drunk from the blood of Yahweh's people and you will sing songs of victory and freedom.
I like singing. And cheese, too. I like cheese and singing.

Location hidden

#480626 Jan 25, 2013
Ossuaries:Burial Boxes

Ossuaries are small clay or limestone boxes used for burial of human bones.Bodies were placed in caves or tombs until they had decomposed enough for the bones to be gathered up and placed in ossuaries for final storage.This was done to make space for more burials and was a very common practice during the New Testament era.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 590,880
how to pass a breathalyzer test (Dec '08) 13 min yankeedoodle 161
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Karma is a_______ 840,083
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 28 min N2wfsn2bbc 3,085
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 40 min dudesmart 126
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min lightbeamrider 176,950
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Edthirty 271,411
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr This should settl... 100,090
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 hr RiccardoFire 4,639
More from around the web