|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally thank you for your post Andrew. You have hopefully shown others what hatred and bigotry looks like far more than what my words could ever say...especially that last paragraph. It shows what depths someone will sink to to condemn others.
I am sure that you will claim that it is not hatred or bigotry...call it what you would like but it is ugly...it is dangerous. Words such as you spoke here have incited violence in the past...lives have been lost because of the type of words that you just spoke.
You and your God might think homosexuality is a sin...but I promise you...you have not done God any favors with the hatred of your words.
I do not care what you or any other Christian believes is a sin. I do care however when words of such hatred and violence are spoken. When such words do damage and bring violence toward others.
I normally stay out of the "homosexual" conversations on this thread...until words such as yours are spoken.
For teh record, I meant to say that my perception of wrong and right ISN'T foggy or blurred. Just so clear understanding is established.

CS.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about Kaepernick and Flacco now.
Opinions?
I think Kaepernick is a better quarterback IMHO but the Ravens got some good momentum going into the SuperBowl because of Ray Lewis... I tell you what, you're West Coast, I'm East Coast so I'll go for the Ravens. Whoever wins can get bragging rights... smiles.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Savior?
Who is this Savior?
If you don't know by now then I'm sure telling you may well be a waste of time.

:)

CS.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
.. the only way one can escape the nightmare of everlasting punishment is to Believe and take heed to what Jesus, The Messiah, said.
Kind of a cruel God you have there, if you ask me. He sends billions to eternal flames, sounds like a psycho unworthy of worship.

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense lacking with you lad, homosexuals are human beings too, or did I really need to say this. I do not advocate the slaughter of people regardless of me agreeing or vehemently disagreeing with their lifestyle.
I really don't care what you want to make me out to seem or if all of Topix wants to have issue with me because of my beliefs. You have your beliefs, you say nothing wrong with homosexuality, I say something's wrong with it. We have our views,
And...you disagree with someone's sexuality because...why?

What does it matter to you what other people do with their genitalia, as long as they are consenting adults?
I don't hate you for yours even if I believe your thinking is skewed.
Well...people believe all kinds of unjustified stuff. If you just have a phobia, ok, that's fine. I have a phobia, too, so I understand irrational, uncontrollable and really annoying fear.
Furthermore, I think you're an antagonist and you believe you've got it figured out. There's a time coming, where this argument will permanently be settled. Let's hope by then you wise up and is found on the right side. And that's the bottom line.
Quo Vadis
The last part, where you think "there is a time coming" is worrisome. Unless it keeps you from being violent - then, that's fine. If your thought is antagonistic and uncivilized, but you do not act on it, no worries.

But a bit childish, I must say. A bit childish.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
REVELATION Study
I. Rev 1:11 Part 8 (bridged with Rev 2:10 continued)
"Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, SMYRNA..."
Rev 1______/TTTTTTTTTTTTT\______Re v 2
II. Lord Jesus: "Do not be afraid OF WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life." Rev 2:10
1. Of What You Are About To -
The Jewish leaders: "...they spit in His face and struck Him with their fists. Others slapped Him and said,“PROPHESY TO US, Christ. Who hit You?”
A. Just as Jesus was prophesying and sending word to the church of Smyrna in Revelations, Jesus had also prophesied before His death and Resurrection. This is why the Jewish leaders mocked Him and said "Who hit You???"... In truth, they were hurting themselves as they rejected The True Messiah, the only means to Salvation. Look at what Jesus had prophesied earlier and told His disciples AHEAD OF TIME what would happen to Him:
* Jesus: "He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again." Mark 8:31
B. As a matter of fact, there was a prophet who went by the name of Isaiah who prophesied AHEAD OF TIME what would happen to a certain someone 6 to 8 centuries prior (I said 6-8 centuries prior because I don't have much time to look it up but it is somewhere around that ballpark.)
* Isaiah (prophesying about the Messiah): "He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not." Isaiah 53:3
2. So anyways, Jesus prophesied His death & resurrection, the future destruction of the temple, told the Pharisees that they will die in their sins, the signs of the times, that wickedness will increase, he spoke on the righteous being blessed and that the wicked would go into everlastining punishment, He prophesied about His 2nd coming, and also that His disciples would be hated of all men... <---- Just a word on that.... I used to think that this referred to unbelievers only but it also refers to those who say they are believers but truly are not. And being hated of all men does not refer to all unbelievers because we have unbelieving friends and family members. And there are many other things that Jesus and the Apostles had prophesied.
3. The point is, God and His Son has warned us ahead of time of things to come. Not just in this world but the next... the only way one can escape the nightmare of everlasting punishment is to Believe and take heed to what Jesus, The Messiah, said. Contrary to some beliefs, according to the truth of the scriptures... there is no such thing as re-incarnation (that is a hindu mixed with Christian belief... people of course can "choose" to believe such things but it doesn't fly in the face of scripture).
Hebrews 9:27
That's great Qu, thank you and God Bless <3

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the Scriptures had deep spiritual meaning to the people who originally wrote them, not what they might suggest to people who read them today ..
.. what those texts meant in their original languages and situations has almost nothing to do with the questions you ask. Except for reasons of ritual purity, the Scriptures have nothing to say about homosexuality ..
.. other than stating, "God says homosexuality is immoral, I believe it and that settles it," nobody can provide a reason why same-sex relations between consenting adults are immoral. That is not a reasonable or coherent position ..
.. religious beliefs concerning homosexuality are from a bygone age that refuses to die or succumb to reason, an assertion of blind faith in the face of overwhelming contrary evidence ..
.. as AIN always says, "We can do better." ..
Hey HL... Good Morning to you... heading out because of incoming wintry mix so trying to get ahead of the game... but hopefully I can read and respond to your post when I get back... probaly early AM or later this evening...

Have a good one HL... it's good to see you in here. Welcome.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
Besides some people thinking it is a sin, there is little medically, mentally or physically wrong with most of the (alleged) sins in the Bible.
How many think that eating lobster is a disgusting food that only demons consume ?
Who thinks a ham and cheese sandwich is a sentence to Hell ?
Homosexuality, incest, pedophilia and prostitution are viewed as sins by many religions, immoral by many societies, yet have been banned, tolerated and even promulgated by the same religions and societies as well.
BTW, according to "The Bible" if you don't have any blue in your clothes you are sinning against God.
So all you non-blue-cloth folks, see ya' in Hell. <throws another burger on the grill>
Hi God! Nice to see you!

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this do for you?
Hi HFY, it gives me better understanding of the scriptures... strengthens my faith. Have a good one... welcome to the thread.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> May need you to post the link again bro, this thread moves pretty fast and it seems posts tend to get buried and lost pretty often.
here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Have a good one...

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Take care everybody!

:^P

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great Qu, thank you and God Bless <3
God Bless Juice... C Ya l8tr Lordwilling.

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Both literal and prophetic. Why'd you ask?
CS.
Question asked in relation to an answer you provided.
It was queried in effort to quantify your ability to understand the difference between reality and actuality, and fantasy and delusion. That determination affects the method and conditions regarding any further attempt at rational intelligent discussion...or whether to even attempt any discourse at all, knowing that it would be futile.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
This is our coldest winter in years too~ Last friday I had a flat tire at sunset- brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr husband and I (mostly husband) near froze fixing it. 4 degrees and wind.
We are burning a couple 5 gallon buckets of coal a day- where as last year it was only half a bucket.
Hope that you are not having any problems with your supplier of fuel this year.
Mornin Truths;
Got to watch frost bit when it gets cold cause in can happen quick.Gets down to freezing at night here and the days warm enough to knock of a chill is all.I started hauling my fuel in, way last march.(wood) and preparing for winter.Lol yep remember that one ha ha well after I lit up his pants not had a pound of problem since.lol.News announced two wammy storms back to back coming in here to pay a visit here tonight expect it will head east too.Stay safe and warm.

“You have blue shoes”

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hi HFY, it gives me better understanding of the scriptures... strengthens my faith. Have a good one... welcome to the thread.
Wow, ok. That works then. No one can deny you these important spiritual experiences in your life.

Thanks. I was here before, but I left since everyone was so nice and I felt like I was intruding.

The only thing I ask, of thinking, moral people of any religion, is that they don't pretend their way is the only way. Lots of other people with differing religions and spritiualities live on this planet, too, so it's immoral to forcefit them into any one religion.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. they fail to grasp the Carpenter's message ..
What message is that?

That Rainy Days and Mondays always get them down?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No...this thread was not doing just fine before these guys showed up. It was brother against brother...racism...each side claiming to be better Christians than the other.
What happened is people showed up that you abhor...you couldn't contain your animosity toward them. I didn't surprise me...I have seen it from you in that past.
Which means I never pretended; you should appreciate that. I don't hate them, I just believe their behavior, their lifestyle is wrong and most certainly is a sin. What part of that do you have great difficulty understanding Annie?

Andrew (CS).

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
(((((Rider)))))) Hi there (c:
So good to see so many of the 'old crowd' in here near the same time. I hope that all is going well for you friend.
(((Debra)))

Things are going well. Nice seeing you again..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

585 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessarily so 720,568
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Charlie Sheen 256,509
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 35 min GodsLovestheBestLove 115,096
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 37 min shyam 4,797
'Married at First Sight' 49 min yon 23
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 52 min yon 29
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 532,785
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Reshi 76
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr The Awakener 172,400