Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#480411 Jan 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the Scriptures had deep spiritual meaning to the people who originally wrote them, not what they might suggest to people who read them today ..
.. what those texts meant in their original languages and situations has almost nothing to do with the questions you ask. Except for reasons of ritual purity, the Scriptures have nothing to say about homosexuality ..
.. other than stating, "God says homosexuality is immoral, I believe it and that settles it," nobody can provide a reason why same-sex relations between consenting adults are immoral. That is not a reasonable or coherent position ..
.. religious beliefs concerning homosexuality are from a bygone age that refuses to die or succumb to reason, an assertion of blind faith in the face of overwhelming contrary evidence ..
.. as AIN always says, "We can do better." ..
Hey HL... Good Morning to you... heading out because of incoming wintry mix so trying to get ahead of the game... but hopefully I can read and respond to your post when I get back... probaly early AM or later this evening...

Have a good one HL... it's good to see you in here. Welcome.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#480412 Jan 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Besides some people thinking it is a sin, there is little medically, mentally or physically wrong with most of the (alleged) sins in the Bible.
How many think that eating lobster is a disgusting food that only demons consume ?
Who thinks a ham and cheese sandwich is a sentence to Hell ?
Homosexuality, incest, pedophilia and prostitution are viewed as sins by many religions, immoral by many societies, yet have been banned, tolerated and even promulgated by the same religions and societies as well.
BTW, according to "The Bible" if you don't have any blue in your clothes you are sinning against God.
So all you non-blue-cloth folks, see ya' in Hell. <throws another burger on the grill>
Hi God! Nice to see you!

#480413 Jan 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this do for you?
Hi HFY, it gives me better understanding of the scriptures... strengthens my faith. Have a good one... welcome to the thread.

#480414 Jan 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> May need you to post the link again bro, this thread moves pretty fast and it seems posts tend to get buried and lost pretty often.
here you go...

Have a good one...

#480415 Jan 25, 2013
Take care everybody!

:^P

#480416 Jan 25, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great Qu, thank you and God Bless <3
God Bless Juice... C Ya l8tr Lordwilling.

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#480417 Jan 25, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Both literal and prophetic. Why'd you ask?
CS.
Question asked in relation to an answer you provided.
It was queried in effort to quantify your ability to understand the difference between reality and actuality, and fantasy and delusion. That determination affects the method and conditions regarding any further attempt at rational intelligent discussion...or whether to even attempt any discourse at all, knowing that it would be futile.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480418 Jan 25, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
This is our coldest winter in years too~ Last friday I had a flat tire at sunset- brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr husband and I (mostly husband) near froze fixing it. 4 degrees and wind.
We are burning a couple 5 gallon buckets of coal a day- where as last year it was only half a bucket.
Hope that you are not having any problems with your supplier of fuel this year.
Mornin Truths;
Got to watch frost bit when it gets cold cause in can happen quick.Gets down to freezing at night here and the days warm enough to knock of a chill is all.I started hauling my fuel in, way last march.(wood) and preparing for winter.Lol yep remember that one ha ha well after I lit up his pants not had a pound of problem since.lol.News announced two wammy storms back to back coming in here to pay a visit here tonight expect it will head east too.Stay safe and warm.

Some stable somewhere

#480419 Jan 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hi HFY, it gives me better understanding of the scriptures... strengthens my faith. Have a good one... welcome to the thread.
Wow, ok. That works then. No one can deny you these important spiritual experiences in your life.

Thanks. I was here before, but I left since everyone was so nice and I felt like I was intruding.

The only thing I ask, of thinking, moral people of any religion, is that they don't pretend their way is the only way. Lots of other people with differing religions and spritiualities live on this planet, too, so it's immoral to forcefit them into any one religion.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#480420 Jan 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. they fail to grasp the Carpenter's message ..
What message is that?

That Rainy Days and Mondays always get them down?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#480421 Jan 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No...this thread was not doing just fine before these guys showed up. It was brother against brother...racism...each side claiming to be better Christians than the other.
What happened is people showed up that you abhor...you couldn't contain your animosity toward them. I didn't surprise me...I have seen it from you in that past.
Which means I never pretended; you should appreciate that. I don't hate them, I just believe their behavior, their lifestyle is wrong and most certainly is a sin. What part of that do you have great difficulty understanding Annie?

Andrew (CS).

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#480422 Jan 25, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
(((((Rider)))))) Hi there (c:
So good to see so many of the 'old crowd' in here near the same time. I hope that all is going well for you friend.
(((Debra)))

Things are going well. Nice seeing you again..........

Some stable somewhere

#480423 Jan 25, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
If I had a friend and I found out he was the gay, I would be honest with him and tell him he should change his dispicavble lifestyle. Doesn't eman I would drop him as a friend...though he would probably lose a ranking or two.
How immoral of you! You don't seem to understand what friendship is.
I know many gay people and they know where I stand and they respect me for it, and i respect that they understand and not disrespect me by trying sexual advancements.
Rather, they tolerate your ignorant, unjustified bigotry. They shouldn't.
Once an understanding is clearly established, I don't see where they should be a problem. If I think your cooking sucks and that your over-zealous love for cats is weird, would you have life-long issue with me?
Oh. My mistake. You think homosexuality is like a flavor preference? You just happen to like yogurt and someone else doesn't sort of thing?

That's...ok then.
Ignorance causes fear and violence.
Yes. Learn more.
I do not have a God or god. Who I worship is far higher than any god you people creater to be so diverse and weak and simple.
Sure, sure. You are aware that every single believer on the planet, in every single religion, "knows" they have the "one, true god" yes?
America is proud and powerful.
That's true. I really like America. I hope you people pull yourselves out of the problems created for you by the Republicans and corruption.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#480424 Jan 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Same here CS... well, it's already Wednesday so it would suffice to say that it went by "purty quick!" smile.
LOL, true. I agree. That was one weekened I never minded going by quickly. I just want my dad to be laid to rest asap, but because the arrangements are going to be so elaborate along with the program, it won't be until Feb. 9. I am allowed to be there at the funeral despite my faith and I will be delivering the "Remembrance" but afterwhich I will be unclean for 7 yom. That's ok. I will take a Mikveh.

How's everything so far?

Andrew (CS).

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480426 Jan 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's cold where I am. But I have no where to run.
No where to run ya say.lol.Well pull a chair sit yourself down and hey their one of you new bees get the woman a wild turkey and coke with a backer of everclear.Now then that should make you feel right at home.Then we all can get down to some aruging and fussin and some booties shakin,some preachin and singin.A little bit of I'm right your wrong and I'm wrong and your right.Well you get the picture in living color cause ain't no two people in this world that think the same.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#480427 Jan 25, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you and from whence have you come to be accusing me? Are we both having conversation with each other? Do you feel you're that important?
Prove to Topix where I said to IANS that I follow Jesus? Please, find the post link or page number. I bet you can't find it. You didn't spell Yahweh right by the way, and He is not a god. Gods and fairies and fawns are what you people fight over and about. Continue fighting.
Continue making things in which are fairy tales to you a major issue. If we are mad to believe in myths then so be it, but I don't see you and your ridiculously lazy-brained and confused friends going into insane asylums to counsel mad people. Get your priorities straightened out feller. You coming on here to challenge people about their beliefs then asking them to prove yet you cannot disprove.
In other words, you just come in here to waste everybodies time. what did you here? Topix needed people to build up post numbers per page? If you have evidence, post it. If you have a common sense argument then let everyone see it. Otherwise, I have no time for apes and talking parrots.
CS.

Did I challenge your belief? Have I challenged anyone's beliefs? You are making up strawmen and deflections here "already" along with the "persecution" defense bs game. Your crap and lies are all public record. I'm sure IANS has that copied anyway.
How convenient that you would wait for such posts to become "buried" before ever even answering...one of your tactics I have also noticed.
Now, if yer fluffing yer feathers and deliberately provoking me ta challenge me ta destroy yer religion and beliefs, ya most certainly WILL be obliged!
Let me know when ya would like me ta begin with the "slaughter".

At least then ya'd have a reason ta cry like a baby.

Salami an Balogna
ana peace ona you,

BT42
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#480428 Jan 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you people pull yourselves out of the problems created for you by the Republicans and corruption.
I thought Barak was from the other lot ;)

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#480429 Jan 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Wow... now that's something serious right there. I saw Qahal Yahweh on youtube doing a footwashing service in the the month of Abib. I haven't looked up what Abib means so right now I'm ignorant of that word but will look up later. I saw this other video and they give a pretty good description of what they are going... all I can say is that you guys "ain't" playin'. Smile.
Though it is your beliefs and I don't adhere to it... it at least gives me a better understanding of what you believe, where you are coming from in your own beliefs and why you post strongly about using the hebrew terms Yahweh and Yashua.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Exodus 13:4-5 and Deuteronomy 16:1 speaks about the month of Abib (Aviv). It is the first year on the Hebrew and then the Akkadian (Babylonian) lunar calendar in which the cycle was 30 days per month. Today the Lunar cycle is calculated at 29.5 days per month. It begins end of march to early April on our calendar which would be around the time when our Savior Yashua (who many call Jesus) was actually born. During the Babylonian captivity, the month was called Nisan. The early Roman Romulus calendar also started the year with march even though it adopted the 12 month system adding 51 days to the original 304 day calendar to bring it to 355 days per year.
Calendar of Romulous (before the Julian Calendar):

Martius - 31 days
Aprilis - 29 days
Maius - 31 Days
Iunius - 29 Days
Quintilis - 31 days
Sextilis - 29 days
September - 29 days
October - 31 days
November - 29 days
December - 31 Days
Ianuarius - 29 days
Februarius - 28 days

The Youtube video you showed was for the Assembly of Yahweh. Even though Qahal means Assembly or Congregation, this is a different group. However we are very familiar with them. You would be surprised how many people are going back to the Hebraic roots.

:)

Shalom Quin.

Andrew (CS).
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#480430 Jan 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
And...you disagree with someone's sexuality because...why?
What does it matter to you what other people do with their genitalia, as long as they are consenting adults?
<quoted text>
Well...people believe all kinds of unjustified stuff. If you just have a phobia, ok, that's fine. I have a phobia, too, so I understand irrational, uncontrollable and really annoying fear.
<quoted text>
The last part, where you think "there is a time coming" is worrisome. Unless it keeps you from being violent - then, that's fine. If your thought is antagonistic and uncivilized, but you do not act on it, no worries.
But a bit childish, I must say. A bit childish.
also you
why are you worry about someone ladies vaginas or genitalias what they do in their private life,

why you post remarks about their low moral custom?
why you enter this topic and delight yourselves about genitalias,balls of man,instead being on the topic suitable your littel filthy moraly brain?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#480431 Jan 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. sure. Tonight ??..
Yes, I'll be ready!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Just Think 692,156
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr youareadufus 47,236
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr youareadufus 990,712
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 1 hr HalloChristmasWeen 1
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 4 hr Just curious 78
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 5 hr Johnny 471
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 7 hr Doctor REALITY 13
More from around the web