Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#480272 Jan 24, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Experiencing God Day By day:
Come and See
They said to Him, "Rabbi" (which is to say, when translated, Teacher), "where are You staying?" 39 He said to them, "Come and see." They came and saw where He was staying, and remained with Him that day.(John 1:38b-39)
There comes a time for each of us when merely talking about the Christian pilgrimage is not sufficient. We must actually set out on the journey! We can spend many hours debating and discussing issues related to the Christian life, but this means little if we never actually step out and follow Christ!
For generations, the coming of the Messiah had been pondered and predicted by the nation of Israel. Perhaps no topic garnered more discussion among Jews than the nature and work of the Messiah. Andrew had listened to John the Baptist and had heard of the coming Messiah. Now, suddenly, he was face to face with the One he had yearned to see! Andrew’s mind was filled with questions he longed to ask. Instead of entering into a theological dialogue with Andrew, however, Jesus turned and began to walk. Andrew’s questions would not be answered by discussion alone, but by walking with Him.
Christianity is not a set of teachings to understand. It is a Person to follow. As he walked with Jesus, Andrew watched Jesus heal the sick, teach God’s wisdom, and demonstrate God’s power. Andrew not only learned about God; he actually experienced Him!
Moments will come when you stand at a crossroads with your Lord. You will have a hundred questions for Him. Rather than answering the questions one by one, Jesus may say,“Put on your shoes, step out onto the road, and follow Me.” As you walk daily with Him, Jesus will answer your questions, and you will discover far more than you even knew to ask.
Amen. Thanks for the reminder HFN...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#480273 Jan 24, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait...one mo'
Well, Happy Birthday Scott!
Hope yer day's been a great one:)
Thanks loads John, the day has been a bitter sweet one, but thank the Lord for the people of God, after a day of dealing with people on the job and all the attitudes and injustices..........nothing like capping it off with the saints of God in church and in prayer to make you feel a little better. How's things on your end?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480274 Jan 24, 2013
Female prophets in the Old Testament.

Prophetess is used six times in the Old Testament.It refers to Miriam(Exodus15:20)Deborah(Jud ges 4:4)Huldah(2 Kings 22:14)Isaiah wife the prophetess(Isaiah 8:3) and Noadiah a prohetess who opposed Nehemiah(Nehemiah 6:14)Deborah and Huldah were the most important since they exercised significant responsibilities.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#480275 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Hmmmmm... you know what Christian Brothers and Sisters? This testimony by ex-homosexual Carl Wright has pretty much convinced me that some people are born gay. He's not coming from a science perspective but a scriptural one which I must have overlooked 10 dozen times.
But in this truly inspirational testimony... Carl talks about how he was molested at a young age (which I think is also common among gays... I could be wrong in that assessment)... but how he had gay desires before the molestation even began.
Like the other testimonies, he says that it is a struggle and he fell in love for the first time in his life with a person of the same sex and begged God to keep him, basically. So anyways, he also talks about discipline and what led him to finally strengthen himself in the Lord and to depart this particular sin.
So... anyways, he has convinced me from a scriptural standpoint that a person can be born gay and gives the scripture. His testimony is 16 minutes long so just letting you know in case you don't have that much time spend on this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YHLHFhKurb4XX
Hey there Qu, I never believed anyone is actually born gay, I just believe that unclean spirits can enter therein ( the body ) at the earliest ages, JMHO.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#480276 Jan 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I live right here in the midlands too, so I know how crazy the weather down here can be.
Well be careful and Happy Birthday.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#480277 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Habby, Happy Birthday to you... you sure you don't want Dust in The Wind by Kansas as a birthday gift?
Smile.
Happy B-day "Chuch" style my friend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dyMtqhKggrwXX
Thank you bro, I'll ckeck the link out too.

Blessings.

“Saved. ”

#480278 Jan 24, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IgZOYt5kH9QXX
I liked the '70s too, some great tunes came out of that decade. I was late teens to early twenties , so probably around you brothers ages:)
THAT was the jam... KC definitely got some soul brother in him. <<<ahem>>... just a-different-brother-from-anoth er-mother sort of thing.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480279 Jan 24, 2013
Prophetesses in the New Testament.

Several women prophets are seen in the New Testament.Anna was a prophetess(Luke 2:36)and Philip's four daughters prophesied(Acts 21:9)Women were among those who spoke in other tongues on the day of Pentecost(Acts 2:1-4)which fulfilled a prophecy of Joel's that your sons and your daughters shall prophesy.(Joel 2:28)

“Saved. ”

#480280 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Miracles of Answered Prayer
True Stories by Elizabeth Sherrill, Sue Monk Kidd, Leonard LeSourd and others.
<quoted text from my book>
THE UNSEEN PROTECTOR
Hear me when I call. O God...have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1
One More Step - Thelma Leavy
I have always loved the snow. I'm eighty-five and legally blind, but I can see light and some shapes - and I still get excited by fluffy flakes. That's why I ventured out late one snowy afternoon last winter.
I shuffled down my long driveway to my favourite Douglas fir. I went from tree to tree, shaking snow from the boughs. Soon I noticed that I was surrounded by vague and unfamiliar shapes. I'd gone too far into the woods! I turned and started walking back toward my driveway. But which way had I come? Everything was so white - and cold.
The snow fell harder. Wiping tears from my eyes, I rushed forward in a panic. "God", I cried, "please help me".
Abruptly I stopped in my tracks.
I stood perfectly still as a feeling of relief broke through my fear. Then I turned completely around and struck out in a new direction. Finally I came to a fence. It was my boundary line! I followed that fence, just hung to it, until I reached my gate. "Thank you, God", I said.
The next morning, Dan, the young man who shovels snow for me, rushed in; he was alarmed by the footsteps he had seen on the snow-covered property. "Don't worry", I quickly explained, "They're mine".
"Mrs Leavy", Dan said, "I followed those footsteps. They lead up to the edge of the riverbank, right to where the drop-off is steepest. If you'd taken even one more step forward..."
But that was where I had stopped and called out - to the one who always leads in the right direction.
<end of quoted text>
AMEN <3
Hey Juice... I'm just about done being caught up again... missed a few. Thank you, the point of the story is somewhat similar to the point of HFN's imho... that is, "stepping out on Faith" though I don't understand (HFN's) or see ahead of me (Yours).

“Saved. ”

#480281 Jan 24, 2013
edit (last): "or not being able" to see ahead of me.

“AIN'T is not a word. STUPID is”

Since: Jul 07

The Internet

#480282 Jan 24, 2013

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#480283 Jan 24, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
Well be careful and Happy Birthday.
Thank you Drew, as for the weather, South Carolina and particularly the midlands are notorious for false alarms when it comes to snow and the wintry mix ( as I hope is the case here ).

Blessings.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#480284 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Tres bien! Merci... soon I'll have to break past those same words.
Bonsoir Qu I know you will do just fine.

“Saved. ”

#480285 Jan 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey there Qu, I never believed anyone is actually born gay, I just believe that unclean spirits can enter therein ( the body ) at the earliest ages, JMHO.
If you get the chance please check the link out... the gentleman (Carl) was pretty seemed very sincere... He's a minister now, I don't know if that would make any difference though. But it was a good testimony IMHO.

“Saved. ”

#480286 Jan 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you bro, I'll ckeck the link out too.
Blessings.
Amen... hope your day went well.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#480287 Jan 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's tragic. Notice that your religion doesn't add a dimension to your life. It replaced it.
<quoted text>
Jesus has left the building.
<quoted text>
You're breaking my heart here. Look at how much you have wagered on this bet of yours - on a promise that you have never seen anyone collect on.
its a question of who is more secure in they wager really. because you wagering Jesus and the bible is a myth. I wagering Jesus is God and everything he say will happen to unbelievers including hell is real. I can't speak for no one, but I know I through personal experience alone I'm thoroughly confident in my wager, I hope you are in your wager writer.

Jesus is here right now.

I no need no more dimension than Jesus Christ. Christ is more than enough. No let it break you heart, concern yourself with you, not me. I'm well writer with no regrets. concentrate on you, you is the only person you can influence in any way shape or form.

“Saved. ”

#480288 Jan 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I'll say that Julius Peppers proved that he still have a lot left in him, I also believe that they depended too much on the combo of Cam Newton and Steve Smith, a young super QB rejuvenating an aging WR. But they're still interesting to watch.
I can't watch them, it's too painful. Smile.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#480289 Jan 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If that defines evil, then your religion is evil. It puts its ghost ahead of everything else, including your family. This is most definitely NOT a family value:
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26
You continue to think you more moral than God.

Yes Jesus is to be put before family. No one should come before a committment to Jesus Christ. If you no like it too bad, anyone forcing you to worship Jesus? no.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#480290 Jan 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks loads John, the day has been a bitter sweet one, but thank the Lord for the people of God, after a day of dealing with people on the job and all the attitudes and injustices..........nothing like capping it off with the saints of God in church and in prayer to make you feel a little better. How's things on your end?
Swingin' by and saw this first:)

Had church tonight? Times of fellowship and refreshing, can do wonders;)

Me? Ploddin' along...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#480291 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I can't watch them, it's too painful. Smile.
It's all about Kaepernick and Flacco now.

Opinions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 856,199
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Robert F 596,817
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min Knock off purse s... 6,172
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 9 min Burke Devlin 71
"How much WIGGLIN' you plan on DOIN'??! lol 13 min Knock off purse s... 14
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 15 min rahul 297
REALITY: Tiger Woods is a SICK TRICK! 22 min Knock off purse s... 7
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 27 min I Am No One_ 444,411
The Christian Atheist debate 31 min HipGnosis 1,095
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 59 min bad bob 177,233
More from around the web