Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#480206 Jan 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a blue and gold.
What a great bird he was.
His name was Vincent. Guess who he was named after.
Hi Catcher,
My Macaw is Blue/Gold also. I love my Tiko..She was given to me because the previous owners quit paying her any attention and put her in their downstairs den. She only seen people when they would go down to feed her. She knew what an animal lover that I am and how I treat all my animals like my babies. I work for a Vet, so she just let me have her. I had to tame her again but she finally came around and will now get on my arm and she loves to dance to music. She loves to talk now and I am trying to teach her new words. Her cage is right next to my computer desk since thats where I spend most of my time after I get home from work. What happened to Vincent? And I give up..WHO was he named after? LOL Thanks for sharing this with me.:)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#480207 Jan 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>IYAI!!!
Sometime you just have to spell it out to these people to make them understand. I think they understand now. lol.
Spell what out? That CS thinks it wrong because he said so? Yeah, that a pretty compelling argument, LOL!

Location hidden

#480208 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic of this thread??? Have you been discussing why Jesus should love you?
The title of this thread is not...What Does Andrew Want Gods/Jesus' Name To Be This Week.
Excellent Post Annie..

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#480209 Jan 24, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
That's something I have to give them, they are very inclusive in regard to race , even those of a different denomination they are inviting. They have a shortwave station on site , never listened to it but have made me curious. My wife works with a (female) member , very matter-of-fact and down to earth.
You know, back in the day when I first became a true Christian (for others: I don't mean true Christian in the braggadocio sense... By that I mean genuinely accepted Christ outside of family or cultural relation)... but back in the day I probaly would never had questioned it... I would of gone in and would probaly be bearded down myself.

“Saved. ”

#480210 Jan 24, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monsieur Q, I am well thank you.
Et toi Seraphine?

Did I say it correctly?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#480211 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Hmmmmm... you know what Christian Brothers and Sisters? This testimony by ex-homosexual Carl Wright has pretty much convinced me that some people are born gay. He's not coming from a science perspective but a scriptural one which I must have overlooked 10 dozen times.
But in this truly inspirational testimony... Carl talks about how he was molested at a young age (which I think is also common among gays... I could be wrong in that assessment)... but how he had gay desires before the molestation even began.
Like the other testimonies, he says that it is a struggle and he fell in love for the first time in his life with a person of the same sex and begged God to keep him, basically. So anyways, he also talks about discipline and what led him to finally strengthen himself in the Lord and to depart this particular sin.
So... anyways, he has convinced me from a scriptural standpoint that a person can be born gay and gives the scripture. His testimony is 16 minutes long so just letting you know in case you don't have that much time spend on this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YHLHFhKurb4XX
It is ridiculous and without any rationale *whatsoever* that two people of the same gender who naturally love each other should not have a loving relationship together. In fact, it is extremely callous and cruel to deny a gay person a partner simply because of gender.

Christians hypocritically turn a blind eye to the outdated immorality of the Bible when it comes to slavery, sexism, and racism, but they still cling to homosexuality. I've got news for you, just as with those other issues you had to side with social progress over your Bronze age book, you are going to have to do the same with homosexuality too. Is it really worth sacrificing your religion over an irrational bigotry? You didn't think so for slavery, sexism, and racism...

Location hidden

#480212 Jan 24, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I shall be testing you even more Mr. Catcher. These same people make it difficult to show empathy towards them because they feel it not so necessary to separate their deviant lifestyle from their conversation. this therad was going fine before you all tried to paint it in rainbows and tie bows and ribbons on it.
You're severely off topic with your rants. You are just as hateful for me as a despise the homosexed behavior. If the peopel could be separated from tehir sexual debauchery, what a wonderful though strange...but still wonderful human beings they would be. However, you fail to understand and you bunch yourself up with these people and their useless arguments as to why the gay is right.
You ought to know better, then comparing me to the violent KKK. You're such a silly little feller trying to drum up sympathy for the gay by comparing their struggles to the black civil rights movement. A watered down and putrid argument you supply. Worse, because you know you're wrong, you curse the Most High Creator. This is not Burger King, and you very well can't have things your way right away.
So man-up and stop behaving that way, so effeminate and softy. As a matter of fact, you're a coward, because you fail to see that all men are accountable for their deeds and you support man loving man as man loving women as ok and totally fine.
You're sick. no difference betwene you people and one Jeffrey Dahmer.
...and believe me, I was being very kind to you. Worse, you should apologize as well then leave this thread and go back from whence ye came.
That would be ok for starters.
Counter_Strike: As it si written, then let it be done.
WOW..Aren't you being a little harsh CS? Annie made a very valid point so I am going to ask you the same thing? WHY dont you ever try telling people just how much GOD/JESUS loves them? We are to "preach" the GOOD NEWS (Which is what the word GOSPEL means)..You have been doing everything EXCEPT this very thing that we are told to do. We aren't told to go out and teach people how much "sin" they have..>Thats not our job and it sure wont bring a sinner to God. ONLY Gods Goodness will lead people to repentance, not you and your constant condemnation and bringing religion that will only confuse people. Take your religion among your own culture IF thats what you all seem to believe. We call out heavenly Father "GOD" and HIS SON is JESUS Christ..NOTHING that you say will change that. WE speak ENGLISH.. We read the Bible in ENGLISH. Please stop being so hateful to people. Jesus would NOT have been hateful and mean to anybody and He NEVER condemned ONE soul while He walked this earth EXCEPT for Religious Leaders, with a "holier than thou" attitude and for condemning those that HE came to save. Please, just start praising God for WHO He is and not YOU and your "bibical knowledge" Its a big turn off..

“Saved. ”

#480213 Jan 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. personal morals are subjective, the morals of society are cultural ..
PERSONAL MORALS
.. everyone has a different foundation on which they build their moral codes. Some people are vegetarians and think it immoral to eat a sentient being ..
SOCIETY MORALS
.. a century ago, killing tigers in India and Africa was considered honorable, necessary. Today, we have tiger wildlife reserves and criminal laws banning the practice ..
LAWS
.. laws evolve to protect society and advance the general welfare. Hence, we have mandatory seat belt laws in some states ..
Good argument. Since the family unit is our first contact that helps to build our personal values... is it okay to teach my children that homosexuality is considered a sin and is wrong in the sight of God? But... and I must add this... to love everybody.

Is it okay for the public school system to introduce kids of a very influential young age that homosexuality is right?

Now if the Law comes about... and it will... that to speak about homosexuality in a negative light is wrong would it be okay to break the law (in this case) based on my own personal values and what I teach my kids on the subject?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#480214 Jan 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
to me without Jesus, there is no show. I can't enjoy this life without Jesus.

Really? That's tragic. Notice that your religion doesn't add a dimension to your life. It replaced it.
trifecta1 wrote:
Jesus here now is the show.
Jesus has left the building.
trifecta1 wrote:
And I won't put any human before Jesus. Afterall, the wife and children is for a moment, Jesus is eternity. My biggest and most valuable reponsibility in this life is to live for Jesus Christ.
You're breaking my heart here. Look at how much you have wagered on this bet of yours - on a promise that you have never seen anyone collect on.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480215 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>lol... oh, I better not go there. I'll just say KC & The Sunshine Band.
lol smart move there Q.lol yep best to just stick to KC & Sunshine Band.lol But you just keep shakin those boogy man booties.lol lol.

Fennario

#480216 Jan 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
And that main reason why philosophy of human secularism is so evil, because it put the human the created, over above and more important than Creator, the Lord Jesus Christ.
If that defines evil, then your religion is evil. It puts its ghost ahead of everything else, including your family. This is most definitely NOT a family value:

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#480217 Jan 24, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
One pineapple malt coming up.........
Thanks rider.(two straws one for you and one for me now we share and both enjoy)Thank you.

Location hidden

#480218 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Hmmmmm... you know what Christian Brothers and Sisters? This testimony by ex-homosexual Carl Wright has pretty much convinced me that some people are born gay. He's not coming from a science perspective but a scriptural one which I must have overlooked 10 dozen times.
But in this truly inspirational testimony... Carl talks about how he was molested at a young age (which I think is also common among gays... I could be wrong in that assessment)... but how he had gay desires before the molestation even began.
Like the other testimonies, he says that it is a struggle and he fell in love for the first time in his life with a person of the same sex and begged God to keep him, basically. So anyways, he also talks about discipline and what led him to finally strengthen himself in the Lord and to depart this particular sin.
So... anyways, he has convinced me from a scriptural standpoint that a person can be born gay and gives the scripture. His testimony is 16 minutes long so just letting you know in case you don't have that much time spend on this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YHLHFhKurb4XX
Amen Quin,
Nice post. Just another reason why I don't think we should be so quick to judge others just because they are different than we are. The way that I see it is that Jesus died for ALL of us. How and why would an unbeliever ever want anything to do with God, If those of us who are suppose to "represent" God are always bashing them for things we dont understand? ALL sexual immorality is considered "sin" and I bet you every one of us is guilty when it comes to that sin. Some may not admit to it but God knows. We are only suppose to preach the GOSPEL (GOOD NEWS OF JESUS) we need to start doing that instead of preaching how BAD people are? Sometimes, I read some of these post and IF I didn't know God, I wouldn't want anything to do with Christianity either BECAUSE of the WAY He is represented..Just my thoughts on this..Have a blessed night Quin

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#480219 Jan 24, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Catcher,
My Macaw is Blue/Gold also. I love my Tiko..She was given to me because the previous owners quit paying her any attention and put her in their downstairs den. She only seen people when they would go down to feed her. She knew what an animal lover that I am and how I treat all my animals like my babies. I work for a Vet, so she just let me have her. I had to tame her again but she finally came around and will now get on my arm and she loves to dance to music. She loves to talk now and I am trying to teach her new words. Her cage is right next to my computer desk since thats where I spend most of my time after I get home from work. What happened to Vincent? And I give up..WHO was he named after? LOL Thanks for sharing this with me.:)
Vincent was named for Vincent Van Gogh, the famous painter. His colors matched some of Van Gogh's paintings.

I bought Vincent from a family that was moving away. Had him for six years. I lived on the beach, and I would take him with me. He would perch on top of the lifeguard tower for hours, flew around but always returned. I finally decided he needed more room than I had, so he went to a family with a huge aviary. Vincent wasn't much of a talker, but he was sweet and gentle, even preened tiny lovebirds I also had, it was a riot to see his huge beak preening a tiny little head and nape.

Fennario

#480220 Jan 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Worshiping Jesus can't be a cult. A cult force you to do things and tell you only your group is worth anything. that not Jesus.
It's not? You religion teaches that only the in-group is of value to your god. The remainder, the out-group, will be discarded like rubbish to be tortured forever. And you don't think that Christianity can be a cult because it doesn't tell you that only your group has value? How removed from reality are you?
trifecta1 wrote:
The believer and worshiper of Jesus Christ knows the truth, and truth makes us free indeed.
Free? You've been made free by this system of beliefs? Free of what? The threat of hellfire? Your religion created that for you. How lucky that it offers the cure as well.

Atheism can cure that fear for you as well:

"To the philosophy of atheism belongs the credit of robbing death of its horror and its terror. It brought about the abolition of Hell." - Joseph Lewis

"Religion is based ... mainly on fear ... fear of the mysterious, fear of defeat, fear of death. Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand.... My own view on religion is that of Lucretius. I regard it as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race." - Bertrand Russell

Fennario

#480221 Jan 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Teach your children well.

Woodstock-era baby boomers will reconize a line from a popular song by Crosby,Sills and Nash,but the thought goes back much further than that.In Deuteronomy 6:7 the Israelites were instructed to teach God's commandments diligently to your children and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise.
I did recognize the lyric. Do you know the next line?

"Teach your children well. Their father's hell did slowly go by"
Doctor REALITY

Beebe, AR

#480222 Jan 24, 2013
ATTENTION: If you CHOOSE not to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ,you can leave this forum and never return,if you like. But all f your illogical theories and reasonings will get you NO WHERE here.

Fennario

#480223 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
You, I like, very much and I care not what anyone might think about it, you remind me of my brother and you may not share my beliefs but at least you make sense and are not mean and abusive, many love hearts to you. Here's a present for you;
http://www.google.com.au/search...
Now you made me blush. Thank you for the kind words.
Doctor REALITY

Beebe, AR

#480224 Jan 24, 2013
Senecus wrote:
Little 'woik' to do...later....
Your shovel stays busy at the zoo,huh?

“Saved. ”

#480225 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
It is ridiculous and without any rationale *whatsoever* that two people of the same gender who naturally love each other should not have a loving relationship together. In fact, it is extremely callous and cruel to deny a gay person a partner simply because of gender.
Christians hypocritically turn a blind eye to the outdated immorality of the Bible when it comes to slavery, sexism, and racism, but they still cling to homosexuality. I've got news for you, just as with those other issues you had to side with social progress over your Bronze age book, you are going to have to do the same with homosexuality too. Is it really worth sacrificing your religion over an irrational bigotry? You didn't think so for slavery, sexism, and racism...
I can understand the rationale. To simplify it, it's like when I was younger... it made no sense to make my bed up. It is only going to get messy again! Or like when my mother said, "Don't read in the dark." Me: "But I can see Mom!" Dad: "Don't sit to close the the television." Me: "Why?"

Those things didn't make any sense to me whatsover at the time until I grew up and understood why. But concerning male and male/female and female intimate partnerships... to make a long story short it is simply not the way God had intended. Heck, not even hetero- relationships outside of marriage is not what God intened so there is no bias there. The simple answer is that it is sin. I understand that you don't believe that and that is your right just as I believe it as an absolute truth and that is my right. Right?

But speaking to slavery... there were all sorts and not all amounted up to the same evil as the Egyptians enslaving the Jews, European and American slavery or slavery that goes on today in form of sex slaves and the like... those are indeed evil and God did speak against it. He even spoke against usury. But because of the proximity of past American slavery here we tend to think of it always in those harsh terms. But indentured servants were those kind of slaves. They worked for the boss, got paid some minimum wage... or they worked "by some order" to pay off their debts. And there were different levels of indentured servanthood at that. A sharecropper or miner who lived on the industrial site with their families would be a good equivalent of that type of slavery (indentured servanthood) back then.

Speaking of racism... Moses married a black woman... Solomon had black women as wives... a dark-skinned man helped Jesus when He was carrying the cross. I think that we've already discussed scientific racism and how our current understanding of races came about... even though there were different kind of white races in Europe according to science in Darwin's and Galton's day. Not to mention the Eugenics of Sanger and Hitler which was based on Darwin and Galton.(Actually, Darwin was pretty much a puppet of the European politics of that day).

Sexism... When God created Adame and Eve... He said "let them have dominion of the earth"... not him but "them". The sexism that you are thinking of was custom norms outside of the church before the church was even created. It's just that they had to walk a fine rope as to not offend the society because those people would go and have gone to the authorities. As Paul had stated, they came "to spy out their liberties". They were already being persecuted so why add fuel to the fire. That is pretty much the basis of why Paul talked about decency and order...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panfu Hack 2013 | Free Coins (Oct '13) 18 min Anonymous 11
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min truth 579,656
can i get a little help from the guys? 26 min Jessika1995 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr PELE78 818,788
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 1 hr richyric 17
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 2,101
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 2 hr AlmostDied 292
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Aura Mytha 270,227
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 40,005
More from around the web