Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#480169 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>lol... oh, I better not go there. I'll just say KC & The Sunshine Band.
You mean this:

I liked the '70s too, some great tunes came out of that decade. I was late teens to early twenties , so probably around you brothers ages:)

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#480170 Jan 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. that analogy doesn't work for me ..
.. guilt is the result of recognizing wrong from right ..
.. there's nothing morally wrong with not wanting to wear a seat belt nor is there anything morally wrong with love ..
But don't the authorities punish us for not wearing a seatbelt. I guess what I'm trying to say, isn't there reason for passing the seatbelt law based on moral grounds? Whether it is for the driver, passenger and children?

Using that argument on love... I guess that could be also used to condone the teacher who left her marriage and 4 kids and fell in love her student. Now I understand that you're not condoning pedophelia at all here... I'm just sayin' that even though a person may love somebody or attracted to somebody does not mean that a moral high-ground isn't in existence. Like, if you get married to another female. You expect her to remain faithful to you and not cheat on your vows right? What if she came home and said she loved someone else. I would say that even in this case there is a moral high-ground.

I guess my point is, there is a moral high-ground and that perhaps we shouldn't always act on our feelings of another person. Self-discipline would be needed, right?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#480171 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No...this thread was not doing just fine before these guys showed up. It was brother against brother...racism...each side claiming to be better Christians than the other.
What happened is people showed up that you abhor...you couldn't contain your animosity toward them. I didn't surprise me...I have seen it from you in that past.

Topic of this thread??? Have you been discussing why Jesus should love you?

The title of this thread is not...What Does Andrew Want Gods/Jesus' Name To Be This Week.

So just throw them out with the mop water??? Is that what your faith teaches you Andrew?

Strange Andrew...you and all your faith...they have been a lot kinder to you than you have been to them.
at least you show who you really are. you throw you lot in with the secular humanist. you no write anything except when you write to attack the jesus follower.

didn't you say you giving up the faith? so why you keep hanging around and when the time convenient do a sneak attack?

you only attack when you think you have backup? iyai! lol. at least you can say you made some new friends.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#480172 Jan 24, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Steve. He was a nice man (at least mostly). Since you've been away, someone kicked over a bucket of rainbow paint in here.
...anyone seen the mop?
Well, just asking. Why are you looking at me that way?
:)
Andrew (CS).
BTW Andrew

I am truly sorry to hear of your fathers passing. I hope that you had time to say to him all that needed saying. Sometimes we don't get to say those things that are important to each other and have regrets that we didn't get the chance.

Sometimes though when two people love each other...words are not necessary...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#480173 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>But don't the authorities punish us for not wearing a seatbelt. I guess what I'm trying to say, isn't there reason for passing the seatbelt law based on moral grounds? Whether it is for the driver, passenger and children?
The seatbelt law is based on the ground of safety.

Seat belts save lives.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#480174 Jan 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Irrelevant. The word was homophobia, not phobia.
Homophobia is an "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals"
You all made that up. I fear no one and that includes the ape people and homosexuals too. Although I admit that clowns and mimes are kinda creepty and could well be aliens, but that's another topic.
Your hatred of homosexuals is apparently based on nothing better than reason than that you think Jesus hates gays, too, which makes it irrational.
You never answered my question; who is Jesus?
If I never had a religion of a faith, I would still think the unnatural and deviant act of homosexuality is wrong. What makes you think that would have been any different. I think the Muslims probably hate homosexuality way more than Christianity and Judaism.

Hence, I fail to see your weak point. Try again.
Your hateful treatment of gays qualifies you as a homophobe. The word fits you like a glove.
What treatment? Him, you're welcome to the soup kitchen both gays and straights though I believe the stain of homosexuality is a perverted and wicked act. Has nothing to do with caring for prople. I would pull a KKK member out of a burning house and I would still fish the gay from the drink if he were drowning. You're trying to deflect and detour the point and change the argument from non-acceptance of homosexuality to hate for sinful people. You make it seem as if there's a different hell for the gay, the murderer and the rapist.

Your argument is falling apart.
This is why your church needs to be opposed with vigor and passion.
What church is that? Identify please. Oppose all you want, what will that do? The people of the Most High Yahweh will not bend, bow or approve evil.
People are disagreeing with you because you are wrong and they are abhorred by your bigotry. They resent your church for teaching people to think like you do. Me,too. I deeply resent your religion for creating bigots like you to spread its hatred by the millions.
As as a decent and moral unbeliever, I feel a strong moral obligation to resist your disgusting church - to see that institution weakened and silenced.
Rubbish. Look at two men swinging dingers for each other as disgusting. that's what's nasty. Something must be off in your brain to think that looks ok. You really must be a descendant of an ancient Roman.
The plain fact is that the rest of us don't really care who you think that Jesus commands you to hate.
And I don't care about your weak pathetic excuse for an opinion. How about that? Happy now.

Love is not perverted, it is pure and righteous. If love is perverted, it is anything but Love. It can be lust, obsession or infatuation. Love is not destruction and confusion, and it doesn't stain the Law.
....Get that into your thick scull feller.

Andrew (CS).

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#480175 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic of this thread??? Have you been discussing why Jesus should love you?
The title of this thread is not...What Does Andrew Want Gods/Jesus' Name To Be This Week.
"Some call Me Allah, Yahweh, Jehovah

I can start a beginnin', or endin', it's over
On Earth's first day alive there was darkness
Shape was worthless, I gave this small planet purpose

Breathed life into the surface
And created every beast in the sea
Feast eyes on the Son of God for thou souls to free
Since the Garden of Eden, I told men believe in
Thou Lord, and never worship falseships and act accord

But always, serpents slither across floors
Everything that is, always has been, always will be
A chill in your bones is how you feel me
At the end, when the moon turns blood and the sun blackens

Great men of the world running wonder what's happenin'

The sky'll part
And where I once said "Let there be light," I'll say "Let there be dark"

After the lamb's spoken, last seal's broken
Trumpets sound, last men on Earth found chokin'
For these events not to take place, you're hopin'
Balls of energy fly from my hands explodin'
Explain"

Ripped from:

http://rapgenius.com/Dice-raw-brain-softener-...

(Do not endorse all lyrics in above site;)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#480176 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Bible gives no reason, and you have none either.
So are you giving up eating shellfish? God said it was an abomination. And slavery is OK, right?
<quoted text>
There is a reason adultery is immoral. There is no reason homosexuality should be immoral.
<quoted text>
Don't assume so much. I never said pleasure was a gauge of what was moral, and you know absolutely nothing about my sex life or even my gender.
<quoted text>
Mark 16:16 contradicts that. So does John 3:18-36. And Romans 3:20-28.
The Bible just can't make up it's mind. And this is a pretty basic part of Christian ideology.
<quoted text>
Wow, really? That's pretty reprehensible.
<quoted text>
According to the Bible, you don't need a reason to sell your daughter into slavery. And IMHO there is no good reason for doing so. And I'm pretty horrified that you think doing so is OK.
<quoted text>
The Bible is immoral to condone slavery, and it gives no reason for condemning homosexuality, and like I said before, you don't have the slightest idea what my sex life is like, if I even have one.
<quoted text>
Doesn't it strike you that God's laws are inconsistent? Why did God give laws that it later had to completely change? And why Did God get rid of all those inconvenient dietary laws, but slavery was still perfectly OK?
this mostly you saying [there is no good reason...] nothing can be added to that except to say the bible gave good reason why homosexuality is immoral. surely I hold the bible in much much higher regard than I hold you. so safe to say you're out of arguments.

I no care what gender you're. if you is a woman is the same thing. homosexuality is not only for the male.

The bible is pretty clear. Just because you do not understand it what that have to do with Christianity?, that your issue.

I have no problem with the bible stance on slavery. You have a problem with it. so we at a standstill, no make any sense going any further. you say your piece I say mine and we keep it respectful.

Bible is not inconsistent at all. And as I say before Jesus fulfilled most of the dietary laws so that gentiles not have to abide by dietary laws and temple worship. The Jews do not have to abide by dietary laws and temple worship either. is only because they reject Jesus reason they still do it, but it not necessary.

So inconsistent and fulfilled mean two different things. most of the torah laws was for the jews. when Jesus died and rose, most of those laws became irrelevant. most, but not all. and you still clinging to this slavery argument, so let me say again, I no have any problem with slavery in the bible.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#480177 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Bring it up again when you learn to stop hating people for being what they were born to be, and for loving whomever it is their nature to love.
In the meantime, I see you as a vector for hatred from a church that sells it like the Colonel sells chicken.
You're even more brainwashed into thinking your agenda is right than an FLDS polygamist cult member.

The devil let loose on this world has caused confusion with humankind and tought people the doctrine of men and devils. You are blind so you can't see how wrong you are. Continue fooling yourself. It's an excellent look for you.

CS.

“Saved. ”

#480178 Jan 24, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monsieur Q, we are currently reading War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, have you ever read it?
Boisoir Monsieur, I've heard of it but never read it. Comment allez-vouz, adjourd'hui?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#480179 Jan 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Savior?
Who is this Savior?
CS's sex toys maybe?

“Saved. ”

#480180 Jan 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The seatbelt law is based on the ground of safety.
Seat belts save lives.
Hey CS, exactly... it is a law based on moral grounds. Is saving lives morality or not? Bascially, they are legislating morality IMHO.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#480183 Jan 24, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
What you're saying makes no sense. You would like what you say to be true, but what you say is far from the truth. You can call me bigot if you like. As far as I'm concerned, as long as I'm standing up for the right thing, then I don't mind your silly little labels.
<quoted text>
I don't need to rationalize my position, especially to one who clings to it so much it has become normalcy to him. It isn't about "different", it is perverse and is wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if you all started your own religion and used a creation story to promote teh fuirst two human beings being Adam and Steve.
<quoted text>
FAIL. Unless the homosexuals break partnership and either sleeps with the opposite sex or by way of in Vitro Fertilization. Your point is weak and desperate.
<quoted text>
The act is sick, nasty and demonic. Sure I don't believe the gays should be slaughtered in the streets like cattle, or beaten with sticks and stones or mocked constantly. They should be taught that their sexual debauchery isn't right and they should seek psychological help or simple just ask the Creator to have mercy upon their souls.
<quoted text>
Don't side track the argument. You full well know what I mean and you're simply just being evasive. What happened with your intelligence in this conversation? You're struggling to make even a half decent point.
<quoted text>
Utter rubbish. Unless you mean the vast majority of Americans and Europeans. Mankind in their own heart is lustful and wicked. the Law shows them the errors of their ways and the Savior forgives their tresspass.
<quoted text>
From the position which you speak, you really expect me to take what you say as sensible and righteous?
<quoted text>
I'm sensing that you really don't care what goes on during sex. I'm glad the nostril isn't big enough or you people would probably want to stick your d**k in it and say booger makes great lubricant. What you're saying doesn't justify your position Wild Rider. These inventions are evil in their intent. Why not the real thing? Why are women who are naturally small and tight want to make themselves undesireable only to please themselves by taking 12 and 14 inch synthetic dildos? If many were naturally tight and exercised right, then maybe some of these sick nasty men wouldn't go searching for a tighter hole.
Apologies to the people for being so graphic, but you know this is true.
Counter_Strike.
IYAI!!!

Sometime you just have to spell it out to these people to make them understand. I think they understand now. lol.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#480184 Jan 24, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Birthday!!!! I hope that you have a fine day <3
Thank you much and I hope you had likewise.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#480185 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I don't know what to fully make of it 'cept that it's pretty ascetic. If it wasn't for the multi-racial then yeah, it could probaly look akin to Hasidism... HoY (House of Yahweh) looks more Hasidic to me though.
That's something I have to give them, they are very inclusive in regard to race , even those of a different denomination they are inviting. They have a shortwave station on site , never listened to it but have made me curious. My wife works with a (female) member , very matter-of-fact and down to earth.

“Saved. ”

#480186 Jan 24, 2013
A heartfelt testimony from ex-lesbian Asia and her coming to terms with homosexuality and God. And she mentions that she is strengthening her relationship with God. Beautiful.

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me."

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#480187 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Birthday L!!!! Don't know what you like so I'll guess, here's a present :D
Many Blessings many more years to come <3
http://www.google.com.au/search...
Thank you JLU, the fireworks display was nice.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#480188 Jan 24, 2013
Little 'woik' to do...later....

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#480189 Jan 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you much and I hope you had likewise.
Wait...one mo'

Well, Happy Birthday Scott!

Hope yer day's been a great one:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#480190 Jan 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
you only attack when you think you have backup? iyai! lol. at least you can say you made some new friends.
Maybe that is how you work but I don't need anyone's support to stand up for what I think is right.

When I stood up for the racist remarks that were said to one of the posters here I did so because it was the right thing to do...not to make friends.

Other than that...I do not need your approval to do what I am felt to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Catcher1 839,479
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 6 min razz58 2,412
E-commerce boom 8 min CarolGibson 2
BBM pins Toronto (Mar '12) 21 min felix 83
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Just Think 590,474
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Charlie Sheen 271,374
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min Jac 100,032
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr waaasssuuup 4,498
More from around the web