Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#480126 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Annie, I was wrong with my part in it <<<hangs head low>>>
.. AH !! humility. I think I'm in love ..

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#480127 Jan 24, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, got bored, just check in every now and then (TIEWWA)...
I tell you what, it was exciting when I was there... they set me and Lawest on fire and... lol. Nah, there's some good people on there. Just extreme opposites when it came to the subject so that manifested itself in various ways.
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe sincere is the problem, I'm actually myself all the time, am honest, have one identity and people cannot cope...lol...now I just get loads of randoms telling me how many posts I've made. Sad but funny, as soon as something that irrelevant comes up you know not to bother being serious.
I hear ya... though this is a Christian-based thread (well, some people can't stand the thought of that)... so let me say, though this is a "Jesus-based" thread... Seems like when posting along everything seems fine but every once in a while it seems when one turns a corner in here, they may find themselves in a scene of Rosemary's Baby or something (I think that is the name of that movie).

My motto is: Don't let anyone control you, what you say, who you speak to, who you associate with... and if they have a problem with who you associate with, well, that's Rosemary's baby stuff IMHO. Now if I'm wrong about something God will eventually get me back on the correct course if I humble myself.

Personally, it doesn't matter what I think but I think you are doing fine in being yourself. Smile.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#480128 Jan 24, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I tell you what, it was exciting when I was there... they set me and Lawest on fire and... lol. Nah, there's some good people on there. Just extreme opposites when it came to the subject so that manifested itself in various ways.
<quoted text>I hear ya... though this is a Christian-based thread (well, some people can't stand the thought of that)... so let me say, though this is a "Jesus-based" thread... Seems like when posting along everything seems fine but every once in a while it seems when one turns a corner in here, they may find themselves in a scene of Rosemary's Baby or something (I think that is the name of that movie).
My motto is: Don't let anyone control you, what you say, who you speak to, who you associate with... and if they have a problem with who you associate with, well, that's Rosemary's baby stuff IMHO. Now if I'm wrong about something God will eventually get me back on the correct course if I humble myself.
Personally, it doesn't matter what I think but I think you are doing fine in being yourself. Smile.
Lol...great analogy and thank you Qu. Control? Me? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Not possible :D
Yes, Rosemary's Baby is the name of the movie.
Bleesings Qu <3

#480129 Jan 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. AH !! a fellow cat lover. Please, tell me you're female ..
I'm sorry to have to disappoint you on that one, lol... but I'm about 98% testosterone and 2% estrogen (I don't know what the real parameters are) Pure bred, corn-fed male type... I lean way back in the driver's seat with my wrist steering... got my female partner next to me. I-kicked-a-football-in-the-air -and-it-never-came-back-down type thing. <---- Just messin'. But I've been married almost 21 years.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fostering Waldorf. Here's his biography:
Born in 2006, Waldorf came to a pet sanctuary with two other cats after their person passed away. In otherwise good health, he has a chronic condition in one eye called symblepharon. Daily eye drops keep him feeling comfortable. Waldorf's eye may look a little odd, but he's still a handsome orange tabby with personality plus.
He'd love to find a home with at least one other cat to be his buddy and an enclosed outdoor area where he can bask in the sun and watch the world go by. Most of all, he just wants somebody to love.
Nice Bio....

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#480130 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:

No, lot's of people who are bigoted against gay people are so because of their own insecurities around sex. If that situation doesn't apply to you, then I guess that leaves "bigot" then.
What you're saying makes no sense. You would like what you say to be true, but what you say is far from the truth. You can call me bigot if you like. As far as I'm concerned, as long as I'm standing up for the right thing, then I don't mind your silly little labels.
wilderide wrote:
You aren't giving any rationale here, unless you are saying that homosexuality is wrong because it's different than you.
I don't need to rationalize my position, especially to one who clings to it so much it has become normalcy to him. It isn't about "different", it is perverse and is wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if you all started your own religion and used a creation story to promote teh fuirst two human beings being Adam and Steve.
wilderide wrote:
(A) Homosexuals are just as capable of reproduction as heterosexual are
FAIL. Unless the homosexuals break partnership and either sleeps with the opposite sex or by way of in Vitro Fertilization. Your point is weak and desperate.
wilderide wrote:
B) Not all heterosexuals can or want to reproduce. Does that make them sick and demonic, as you are accusing gay people of being?
The act is sick, nasty and demonic. Sure I don't believe the gays should be slaughtered in the streets like cattle, or beaten with sticks and stones or mocked constantly. They should be taught that their sexual debauchery isn't right and they should seek psychological help or simple just ask the Creator to have mercy upon their souls.
wilderide wrote:
Does this imply you think straight sex is sterile and clean all the time? Or are you just grasping for straws here?
Don't side track the argument. You full well know what I mean and you're simply just being evasive. What happened with your intelligence in this conversation? You're struggling to make even a half decent point.
wilderide wrote:
LOL! Then the vast majority of men have homosexual tendencies!
Utter rubbish. Unless you mean the vast majority of Americans and Europeans. Mankind in their own heart is lustful and wicked. the Law shows them the errors of their ways and the Savior forgives their tresspass.
wilderide wrote:
I'm sorry Andrew, but you really have no clue what you are talking about here, and should really not be speaking for others and what they may be thinking. It's very intellectually dishonest.
From the position which you speak, you really expect me to take what you say as sensible and righteous?
wilderide wrote:
I'm sensing that you don't like the idea of women making their own decisions sexually, or possibly in other ways too.
You know, there are also devices for men that mimic the vagina. If you tried one and liked it, would you forswear ever having sex with a woman again? Because that is essentially what you are attributing to women here.
I'm sensing that you really don't care what goes on during sex. I'm glad the nostril isn't big enough or you people would probably want to stick your d**k in it and say booger makes great lubricant. What you're saying doesn't justify your position Wild Rider. These inventions are evil in their intent. Why not the real thing? Why are women who are naturally small and tight want to make themselves undesireable only to please themselves by taking 12 and 14 inch synthetic dildos? If many were naturally tight and exercised right, then maybe some of these sick nasty men wouldn't go searching for a tighter hole.

Apologies to the people for being so graphic, but you know this is true.

Counter_Strike.

#480131 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
When you don't have either science or logic on your side, there are always anecdotal examples.
Good Afternoon WR, here's a quote that I pulled from Juice off of the WINLAC that is pretty spot-on IMHO.

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."

Albert Einstein

Now I do understand there are some controversies with science and religion... like the age of creation, like when Galileo made mention that the earth wasn't flat... and things of that sort. I'm not a younger earth theorist (6000 years old which I think is laughable in the face of science and the true genesis account) and of course Galileo was right as the Bible already suggests a circular earth. So anyways, science goes into detail, of course... and yet I believe science ultimately confirms what God has already created. Science also confirms that we all come through one ancestor though they call her (sp) mitochondrial Eve and in Genesis it refers to her as the mother of all the living. I believe science is correct and comes close in this regard ---> I believe Genesis simply saves us time and gives us a true account.

#480132 Jan 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Hahahahahe! Yer flowers is like that of a sunray in the dismal aires o' the fog matey! Won't swell the heads o' the pirate clan in this here retort, but I'll pay compliment ta the Aussies...Ya know they was handpicked by the finest judges in the English courts don'cha?(an some o' them was surely fine pirates ta boot!). So they comes with letters o' recommendation extraordinaire! More'n likely ya prolly got a vein o' the very same run o' blood flow'n in yer own vessel.
Be merry mete!
"A chanty of Davy Jones

1 Thee LORD be me cap'n, oi shall not mutiny.

2 He steers me clear o' land lubbers,
he pilots me thru thee doldrums,

3 he restores me booty.
He trayned me up roight
or else.

4 E'en tho I stagger
thru thee seedier parrrts o' Portsmuff,
Oi feares no wun,
fer ye be wif me;
yer pistol an yer cutlass,
they hinspoire me.

5 Ye commandeers a table at thee Benbow
no matter who be sittin there.
Ye smaks yer crewe hup alongsoide thee hed;
thee grog flows freely.

6 Surely the Kinge's Navy and ninjas shall foller me
all thee dayes ov me loife,
an' Oi'll be swabbin' thee decks
forever."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#480133 Jan 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. some Christians are warriors for Jesus. They've been taught not to fraternize with the enemy ..
<quoted text>
.. of course Trifecta1, Counter_Strike and the real Dr. Shrink must be angry. They do not understand why anyone would be disobedient to their god ..
.. they see Secular Humanism as a major threat to their religion, an enemy to their supremacy. So, they campaign against such principles as compassion, equality and tolerance ..
.. our work was mostly done in the dark, but, thanks to the internet, secularists, atheists and gays have leaped out of the closet. Some Christians fear this new, bold challenge and the end result ..
.. but, there's hope. Many Christians on this thread display humanistic qualities. They need to step forward, challenge archaic beliefs which derail the human spirit and keep people in chains ..
?????
I can't speak for the other two writers you mention, but there is nothing I read from any unbeliever on here that would make me angry or sad.

I no see secular humanism as no threat to me. I been there done that. Buddhism is a much deeper intellectual exercise in futility than human secularism. So if I now reject Buddhism, secular humanism not even on my radar as nothing to be concerned with.

as far you the people you talking about jumping out no closets, what you all do jump out and say boo?? because all them people you talk around exist since the dawn of time. just because society now more accepting no mean much. it just mean sin is on the rise. is nothing new.

in fact if you go back in history certain cities in roman and greece times like Corinth or Athens was a worse place for sin and debauchery than you and you bunch jumping out no closet today. So you late. Discuss you philosophy. I here for the discussion. There is no way I can be angry at secular humanism because I know all about it and I Reject it. so keep jumping writer.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#480134 Jan 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Oscar, why do we bother? Some people will never get it ..
.. crucifixion was an immoral act but God condoned the suffering to redeem man from his sinful state which He originally placed him in ..
.. with morals like that, what's next ??..
Good point. Never thought of it that way.

#480135 Jan 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. AH !! humility. I think I'm in love ..
http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#480136 Jan 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You've been misled. And you misuse words. According to you, I can't even think without it being worship, and whatever I think about most, I worship most. Your perceptions are alien to mine.
It that is all worship is to you - what you think about - then I don't think you actually worship, either.
<quoted text>
They did a number on you. You seem hypnotized: "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."
<quoted text>
< crickets chirping >
Is there some reason you didn't want to answer this one, or did you just want to tell me about my meaningless, irrelevant, and mendacious self?
Let me help you, because your religion sure isn't: reach higher. You can be better than this. Instead of working exclusively on perfecting your walk with Christ, try thinking a little about how you can improve your walk with man.
There is nothing better than worshiping Jesus Christ. So I no want what you have, you can keep it.

As I said, what you spend most of you day and life meditating on is what you worship. For some people is money, that is their god and what they worship. for others is sex, that is they god and what they worship. for some is anger, that is they god and what they worship. for some people is they husband or wife or children, that is they god and what they worship, for some is knowledge and education. Whatever takes most of you meditation, time, thinking and motivate you, that is you god and what you worship. that simple I no know how you can't get it.

Yes Jesus Christ did a number on me. And thank God for Jesus. My search for significance in life is done. My significance is in Jesus Christ. My remaining days on earth will be spent pursuing walking closer to Jesus Christ. To me there can be no greater endeavor. I hope secular humanism mean that much to you as well.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#480137 Jan 24, 2013
Thanks, but you've told me on the subject that I hadn't already considered and rejected.
You waste your own time and my time. Go find another game that fulfills your daily desires for aimless conversation.
I think that you need to save yourself.
If we all could save ourselves, then most likely we would not be in need of a Savior, but we can't save ourselves. You seem to have it all figured out, but you're sadly mistaken.
Try me. I'd love to see a good argument from you.
Sorry, you may have run out of opportunities on account that:
(a) I don't need to prove anything to you and
(b) You're not open minded enough to understand.

You've blocked your mind from receiving truth. Us human beings can't spiritually save anyone, but when we speak, if the Ruach HaKodesh (the Holy Spirit) impresses upon those we speak to, then the tranforming of heart and mind begins. However the Ruach HaKodesh will not strive with man, so if you've purposed in your heart to simple reject whatever we say is truth, then you just simple won't see anything we say as making sense. In the end, you were probably called, but you refused the voice and were not ultimately chosen.

You may not care now, but when it's way too late, everyone will suddenly care.
So, you recommend that I come down to where you live, do you? I need my spirit broken and to be brought down a few pegs, huh? Maybe I should get on my knees and beg the ceiling fan for forgiveness for being human? I don't think so. Homey don't play dat.
Maybe you should stand up.
Nice try, but again you have failed. Your capacity to see things and communicate effectively seems quite lazy. I don't know if you do this on purpose but your words eventually has no impact. You insult a "god" you don't believe in and make Him your focal point and key issue. You wouldn't have issues with the church if you had just kept your sinful ways on the down low, but you choose to be bold and brazen. Keep it up. You'll see your current strategy is doomed to failure. Elevate your thinking and change your strategy. Exercise this love and compassion thing you say you humanists are so excellent at because I'm yet to see it.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#480138 Jan 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. AH !! a fellow cat lover. Please, tell me you're female ..
.. I'm fostering Waldorf. Here's his biography:
Born in 2006, Waldorf came to a pet sanctuary with two other cats after their person passed away. In otherwise good health, he has a chronic condition in one eye called symblepharon. Daily eye drops keep him feeling comfortable. Waldorf's eye may look a little odd, but he's still a handsome orange tabby with personality plus.
He'd love to find a home with at least one other cat to be his buddy and an enclosed outdoor area where he can bask in the sun and watch the world go by. Most of all, he just wants somebody to love.
Waldorf sounds a little like Counter_Strike.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#480139 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I read and understand English perfectly. Why do you think otherwise?
Your grasp of scripture is not an impressive one. I think even you know this. So why prolong?

CS.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#480140 Jan 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. has your worship of God become a substitute for the compassion you fail to show your fellow man ??..
.. you infer AIN must discard his truth, worship your god or suffer physical death ..
.. congratulations, you've achieved the highest form of pointlessness ..
<quoted text>
.. my goodness !! you did it again ..
.. does part of your compassionate plan include verbally assaulting posters who disagree with you, exiling them to a Lake of Fire? How did AIN sin ??..
.. I believe the Bible to be a myth, an analogy, especially the Old Testament. So, your effort to shame me is futile ..
.. what many people call sin is only human error ..
???

What you believe no change anything. what you believe only pertains to you and maybe children that you raising. that your business.

maybe your elevator no go all the way to the top if you know what I mean.

So let me get this straight. The bible and Jesus teach Christians unbelievers go to hell.

But because you no like that, because the Christian mention that they no have no compassion? me laughing! haha!

so you think the doctor that tell they patient if they no stop smoking they going to get cancer, that the doctor not being compassionate? iyai! you is quite a case writer.

San Francisco

#480141 Jan 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>already told you, God says its immoral.
It does. God also says eating a ham and cheese sandwich is immoral too. So what? So do we agree that the Bible gives no rationale for saying homosexuality is immoral? Because it doesn't seem as though you can think of any reasons why. Can you?
And yes what slavery was like back then, God may have seen based on who owned the slaves as moral for some, and not moral for others. Maybe you had those that treated their slaves as family, and those that was cruel to their slaves. and that is how God made the distinction.
Nope. It does not exclude anyone from owning slaves. And as for their treatment, it says that you can beat a slave unto death. So, has God since said that slavery is immoral? Nope. So, according to the Bible, slavery is still fine.

Do you think slavery is fine? Is it OK to sell your daughter into slavery? Do you agree with the Bible?
saved by both. faith and works. maybe if you knew God you would know what it mean.
Mark says you are saved by faith alone.

Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
if you support homosexual acts, then your morality is not much higher than a beast.
Because...?
you is like a person that go rail and cuss out someone for adultery, then that same person that do the cussing and the condemning go have sex with they dog. they in no position to condemn the adulterer.
just like you. you defend homosexual acts, you in no position to call the bible immoral.
I can't speak for you, just based on you writing it seem to me you give up Jesus to turn into a sodomite or to defend the rights of sodomites to sodomize, iyai! good luck writer
There is nothing immoral about homosexual acts, and you still haven't given any reason why they should be. Like I said, maybe you can make a list of all sex acts and mark each as either moral and immoral, and give a reason why for each.

San Francisco

#480142 Jan 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>as a man thinketh, so is he.
if your philosophy is no absolute, then you live you life with no restraints. that's your god.
One of the main differences between philosophy and religion, is that philosophy gives reasons and rationales for it's rules. Religion tends not to. As an example, still waiting for a rationale as to why homosexuality is sinful.

San Francisco

#480143 Jan 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. No Jesus.
First an explanation.
The Taoist Religion and the Taoist Philosophical School have been at odds for over 2000 years. The works of Lai Tzu, Chuang Txu and other philosophers (circa 500 BC) alleged to have written the Tao Te Ching and other texts talked about "Tao" much as Spinoza talked about "God". Many perverted this into a deity, added alchemy and twisted the simple philosophical words into a magic system.
One example:
Chuang Tzu said "It is easy to fly like a bird, let go of everything weighing you down." What he meant of cours is that our jobs, families and positions keep is from being free to go anywhere we want.
The Taoist religion twisted this into a belief that there were magical ways for man to literally fly.... and if you really believed (and payed the preisthood through the nose) they could teach you how to do it, then when it (obviously)they would tell you you didn;t have enough faith...and if you helped pay for the new temple it would prove your faith (or something similar).
The Taoist philosophers saw the relgion is a scam and made a point of mocking the religion. The religion in turn becme very violent against the philosophers as "evil heretics and demons".
Sound familiar ? <frowny face>
Will continue in a moment. Need to stretch my wings for a bit.
Interesting. I had no idea there was a schism in Taoism.

San Francisco

#480144 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
The Flintstones were inspired by the Honeymooners
Oh yeah, that's right! So obvious now that you point it out.

San Francisco

#480146 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
The Shrinkster didn't get his fruit basket, either.
:)
Or a full deck to play with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Bongo 28,474
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 10 min Ann Bonney 53,707
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 23 min Nagul 8,468
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min pusherman 968,782
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 56 min Michael 637,422
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve 44,156
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Paul is dead 3,640
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 7 hr Voyeur 38,009
More from around the web