Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#479740 Jan 23, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Edit: Qahal Yahweh and Assemblies of Yahweh is the same from what I saw. The House of Yahweh is a different sect.
Correct ...

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#479741 Jan 23, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Romans 8:28
K-Love
Good morning EPI, as always - it’s good to read you. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post in here daily. It has become a habit of mine to come in and read your three post’s every morning before I start my reading in Topix land. It looks like this thread is going through another cycle. I hope that your posts do not get lost in the wash. Thank you for making my mornings a bit brighter,

NoStress.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#479743 Jan 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
.......and the king gave away FREE PHONES,he FORCED healthcare upon all of the peasants,he told the world he got the most wanted terrorist on earth,and spoke like MLK at his second inuaguration!! Then all of the peeps in that Hood shouted 'the voice of a god,not a man!'
Just when I thought you can't be more racist.

<face palm>

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#479744 Jan 23, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning EPI, as always - it’s good to read you. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post in here daily. It has become a habit of mine to come in and read your three post’s every morning before I start my reading in Topix land. It looks like this thread is going through another cycle. I hope that your posts do not get lost in the wash. Thank you for making my mornings a bit brighter,
NoStress.
Thanks NS....I try (With Gods Help)....But sometimes there is so much bickering that they just seem to ignore them....

We all have a "light" and we must let it shine (Even in Darkness)...

I pray your day is Blessed!!!

:-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#479745 Jan 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
again if you so moral, how come no one bowing down before you?
Why would anybody do that? This the 21st century.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#479747 Jan 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
All the clan I spung boarded off of is passed.However I do have honey,daughter,son and two grandsons all adults.Of course I left my mark in the children and the children in the grandchildren.So a piece of me will remain when I pass the torch to them.In the meantime I going to grab every last ounce of what life has to offer and be a firecraker while I'm at it.lol.Ya do know for every ten years you live it completes a chapter of your life.So the older you get the larger the book gets.When I get old I going out and play like a kid with no second thoughts.lol Geez man ya only go around once.Jibber needs to give you some lessons.lol lol.I still think he a hunk.
Ya really got a good outlook ther. Wher'd ya git the 10 yr chapter from? Y'know, maybe that's why folks wear out. The book keeps gitt'n bigger & bigger ta tote. It make sense ta fill them pages with light stuff an not heavy burdens huh?

Location hidden

#479748 Jan 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a non-Christian (attempted) follower of Jesus and believer in a non-anthropomorphic, non-deity, universal creative force; I would have to say that your perception may be based on a stereotype of "Christinaity". It should be apparent from this thread alone that there is no "Christinaity". There ARE several.
At least yer consistent in yer statements G_O_D. This one is ALL over the board...an I ain't buy'n it fer a minute. Reminds me of a bad pauline apologist with the king o' id complex.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#479749 Jan 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You're contradicting yourself.
Projection.
There you go. No sentence that mildly compliments humanity should end without some criticism or aspersion of man
What do you care? I'm not criticizing gorillas, chimps and orangutans.
Not everything does seem divisive to me. But here's something that does :
[1] "You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God." - James 4:4
I already addressed this. Please read with understanding. This is not kindergarten.
And this:
[2]“If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”- Jesus (Luke 14:26)
Already addressed this too. please read with understanding. This is not kindergarten.
So does this:
[3] "Pope Benedict XVI goes to war with atheist extremism - Pope uses visit to argue Nazi desire to eradicate God led to the Holocaust"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/16/p...
You need to read more. The Catholic church had an agreement with Hitler in WWII. Is say no further. This is not kindergarten.
So does this:
[4] "Jerry Falwell blames gays & others for 9/11"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =P_8dSnKiaD4XX
As famous as this guy seems to be, I don't know him and I don't agree with his statement. He kind find other things to blame the gays for, but not 9/11.
And this:
[5] "Mike Huckabee blames getting God out of classroom for shootings"
http://www.abpnews.com/culture/social-issues/...
I'm not sure which god he's talking about, but clearly the gunmen are not driven by righteousness. They were more than likely secular in belief.
Is this divisive to you, or is it just me?:
[6] "I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good...Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a Biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism." - Randall Terry, Founder of Operation Rescue
I rebuke your curse and send it back to hell where it belongs. Try again, I won't read that line in its completion. That's evil, I think you best calm down tiger.
How about this?:
[7] "I don't care what the ACLU says or any atheists say. This nation belongs to Jesus, and we're here today to reclaim his sovereignty." - Pat Robertson
Jesus? LOL... Pat Robertson is a very interesting character. You can both keep squabbling amongst yourselves, but I'm hardly impressed. Try again.
Or this?:
[8] "The Lord will have dominion over the kingdoms of this world - over government, business, education, arts and entertainment, media, religion, and families." - Apostle Alice Patterson
Is there anything in any of that which I should interpret as divisive? If you need more, I've got plenty
Which Lord is that? Baal? Shiva? Who? Please be specific. You're out of your element and after 47000 posts of yours I'm disappointed. You need to read more. This is not kindergarten.

Counter_Strike.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#479750 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I read and understand English perfectly. Why do you think otherwise?
Exactly. What kind of weak argument is "I have a special understanding that you lack"? In fact, doesn't this argument directly contradict the idea that Christian ideology is open to everyone? Furthermore, how do you acquire this access to mystical bizzaro logic if you need it to get it?

San Francisco

#479751 Jan 23, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Last ex-Gay testimony of the day... had one with a woman and thought it would be fair to also include a ex-homosexual male testimony also.
What seems to be a common thread from the testimony of the ex-lesbian sister and the ex-gay male is that they allude to the the struggle of gay desires and overcoming them with the help of The Lord. Anyways, I thought that this too was a beautiful testimony on how they overcame the sin of homosexuality...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =plnW63J7c_4XX
When you don't have either science or logic on your side, there are always anecdotal examples.

San Francisco

#479752 Jan 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>well the bible also say adultery is immoral, murder is immoral, fornication is immoral, stealing is immoral, lying is immoral, slander is immoral, laziness is immoral, gossip is immoral, witchcraft is immoral, rape is immoral.
Are you saying society should not consider these acts immoral because the bible says so? that would be the natural conclusion if your views of the bible's commentary on homosexuality is of the above what you write now wouldn't it?
or is it just homosexuality you have a problem with the bible condemning? who is cherry picking again?
On the contrary, I'm saying that because the Bible upholds a moral view that we find immoral today, such as slavery, racism, ethnic cleansing, sexism, incest, polygamy, and lately homophobia, that the Bible is not to be used as a moral guide one way or other: we should not accept or reject anything based merely on what the Bible might say. It is woefully outdated.

Furthermore, the Bible never says *why* homosexuality is immoral. It just says it's an abomination, in the same way it says eating shellfish or wearing cloth woven of wool and cotton are an abomination. There is simply no rationale for condemning gay people, or their relationships.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#479753 Jan 23, 2013
I'll choose my arguments by my criteria, not yours.
Why?
Why would I do that? How would that serve me? If you're annoyed, that's on you. I've told you from the start that I wanted this to be about ideas, not persons. You declined.
I am yet to see these ideas.
If you're having a conversation, it's with an ape. From Wiki:
"Hominidae consists of orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and humans. Alternatively, the hominidae family are collectively described as the great apes."
You're welcome.
I disagree. I am not an ape. You can say that about yourself if you prefer.
No. I intend to continue reading out of books. Try it.
You do a poor job. However I believe you may soon come good with this conversation.

:)

Andrew (CS).

San Francisco

#479754 Jan 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>one reason, JESUS CHRIST.
My faith in Jesus Christ as God was proven to me spiritual. Buddhism was a dead end and false religion.
Spiritual facts, and spiritual proof, is all that is needed for the believer. my evidence that Jesus is God, is not transferable to you. Believing in Jesus Christ is not Religion, Jesus Christ is experience. Christianity and worshiping Jesus Christ as God most of the time are mutually exclusive things.
Now you can give me a good laugh and try tell me what I did or did not experience HAHA. but you can't tell anyone, that they not experience God. just because you have never experience God is not the problem of the believer, that is your problem writer. go look about that.
Well, if you are going to rely on your personal religious experiences and feelings, there are billions of people who have the same kind of experiences with entirely different gods and religions than Jesus. So I don't doubt your experiences. I used to be a Christian myself and had them too. In fact, I was a Pentecostal Christian and even spoke in tongues once. I was very convinced about what I was feeling. Point being, such feelings aren't a reliable gauge of reality. After all, as I just pointed out, many people have them worshiping entirely different religions. Thus, it's logical to say that the religious experience is not coming from outside but rather projected from the inside.

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#479755 Jan 23, 2013
hick-up wrote:
DR ...dork
dr ...dork
We is overrun with dorks.
And it's 52 degrees in Casper Wyoming.
And it's a balmy 41 here in South Carolina, at least where I live.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#479757 Jan 23, 2013
Drew H wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's a balmy 41 here in South Carolina, at least where I live.
Was 86 here ':{
Hey Drew :D
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#479758 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Why would anybody do that? This the 21st century.
your own dog is not going to bow down before you,nor even pee on your shoe

paranoidal idiots like you seat day and night like lunatical zombies,or flat head frankensteins and bambling full of viomits nonsense

you behave like wild atheistic missing fish embrio from caves of 2 nd century
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#479760 Jan 23, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks NS....I try (With Gods Help)....But sometimes there is so much bickering that they just seem to ignore them....
We all have a "light" and we must let it shine (Even in Darkness)...
I pray your day is Blessed!!!
:-)
don't be LIAR and Hipocrite,
How you can pray for each humans 7 bilions daily prayers for thie day to be blessed?
WHY A HECK YOU LIE,NOT EVEN REALIZE YOUR WICKED LIES

when you got time to pray for yourselves?
are you crazy,but not look that you are saved for real

“Messenger w/ a Message”

Since: Sep 07

planet earth, for now

#479761 Jan 23, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
NoStress.
Ditto.

Location hidden

#479762 Jan 23, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Praise God for Aussies & Pirates.
:)
Hahahahahe! Yer flowers is like that of a sunray in the dismal aires o' the fog matey! Won't swell the heads o' the pirate clan in this here retort, but I'll pay compliment ta the Aussies...Ya know they was handpicked by the finest judges in the English courts don'cha?(an some o' them was surely fine pirates ta boot!). So they comes with letters o' recommendation extraordinaire! More'n likely ya prolly got a vein o' the very same run o' blood flow'n in yer own vessel.

Be merry mete!

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#479763 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
When you don't have either science or logic on your side, there are always anecdotal examples.
Not unlike advice often given to trial attorneys:

If the law is on your side, pound the law.
If the facts are on your side, pound the facts.
If neither the law nor the facts are on your side, pound the table.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 665,068
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Joe Fortuna 87,815
The Future of Politics in America 8 min Johnny 118
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 9 min Joe Fortuna 406
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Jedi Mind Master 977,162
I. .My Somali husband and the impending second ... (Feb '14) 24 min Sir didi 9
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) (Feb '14) 43 min Dan sky 12
More from around the web